|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter's last name?
2. According to the detective, who has been asking questions about Savannah?
3. At what age are female Carpathians forced to choose a mate?
4. What is Wade's last name?
5. If Gregori cannot get a lifemate, what will he become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Carpathians?
2. What convinces Savannah that Gregori is not a monster?
3. How does Savannah feel about her world changing?
4. What does Peter's death symbolize?
5. What does Savannah feel for Gregori?
6. What is Savannah afraid of?
7. Why does Savannah want to go to New Orleans? How does Gregori feel about this?
8. How is control a theme in the novel?
9. What does Gregori promise to do for Savannah?
10. Why is Gregori called "the Dark One"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do human butchers play in Dark Magic? What causes human butchers to try to kill both Savannah and Gregori? Why are they significant?
Essay Topic 2
How do both immediate danger and darkness become a theme in Dark Magic? In what characters are these themes most prevalent? How do you know?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the natures of the different creatures and groups in the novel. Consider each of these groups: Carpathians, vampires, humans, human butchers.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)