|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lair does Gregori take Savannah to?
2. What happens when Gregori tries to read Wade's mind?
3. What is Gregori able to do to avoid death at Wade's hands?
4. What is Savannah's main fear?
5. Which of the following is true about human butchers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Savannah want to go to New Orleans? How does Gregori feel about this?
2. Why doesn't Gregori like the New Orleans house?
3. What are the clues that Julian will meet daylight soon, and thus die?
4. What are Wade's goals?
5. What are the effects of Morrison's death?
6. What is Beau's role in Dark Magic?
7. What are Carpathians?
8. How does Gary define human nature?
9. Does Gregori trust Gary? Why?
10. What is the significance of the list in Gary's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the theme of trust play in Dark Magic? To which characters is trust significant? How does trust develop in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What two considerations does Gregori base all his decisions on? Give a specific example of a decision he makes involving both of these considerations.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the natures of the different creatures and groups in the novel. Consider each of these groups: Carpathians, vampires, humans, human butchers.
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)