|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gregori shift into, when Savannah was a child, to become friends?
2. What is Detective David's last name?
3. What does Savannah think about Gregori's fears about his forced bond?
4. What does Savannah accuse Gregori of?
5. What does Savannah think about Gregori manipulating their bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is manipulation a theme in Dark Magic?
2. Why is Gregori called "the Dark One"?
3. What view of humans do vampires have?
4. What are Carpathians?
5. How does Savannah change from the beginning of the novel to the end?
6. What does Gregori base his decisions on?
7. What does the role of women seem to be in this novel compared to the role of men? Why?
8. What types of powers does Savannah seem to have?
9. How is control a theme in the novel?
10. Why is Julian Savage becoming more dark?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Julian's role in his interactions with Beau and New Orleans in general. Why is his absence important?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the natures of the different creatures and groups in the novel. Consider each of these groups: Carpathians, vampires, humans, human butchers.
Essay Topic 3
What role does the theme of trust play in Dark Magic? To which characters is trust significant? How does trust develop in the novel?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)