|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savannah ask Beau to tell her about?
(a) Interesting cemeteries in the state.
(b) A legend about an alligator.
(c) Good restaurants in New Orleans.
(d) His childhood in the swamp.
2. After a run-in with the alligator, what happened to Beau's father?
(a) He turned to drinking.
(b) He turned to heroin.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He ran away from New Orleans.
3. Who can Savannah not hide her presence from?
4. How does Gregori dispose of bodies?
(a) He is able to use his powers to make them disappear.
(b) He hides them in the safe house.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He cuts them.
5. During a fight to save Gary, what does Savannah realize?
(a) She does not need Gregori to save her.
(b) She needs to rescue Gary herself.
(c) She is endangering Gregori.
(d) Gregori is short-sighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a name of a man or creature in Gary's room?
2. Who do Gregori and Savannah notice are following them home in New Orleans?
3. What is Gary's job?
4. Which of the following does Gary serve to do?
5. At the end of the novel, why is Savannah near death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Savannah's view of Carpathian women.
2. Why does Morrison want to meet Gary?
3. What types of powers does Savannah seem to have?
4. In order for Savannah to change her opinions, what did she need?
5. Why is the story of the alligator painful to Beau?
6. What does the role of women seem to be in this novel compared to the role of men? Why?
7. How does Beau's story about the alligator become personal for him?
8. Why does Savannah want to tour the bayou?
9. What are the effects of Morrison's death?
10. How does Gary define human nature?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)