|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luke steals ____ from the pilots in the lounge.
(c) ID cards.
2. Within hours, Mara is in hyperspace heading to Luke in order to ____.
(a) Warn him of an impending trap.
(b) Apologize to him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Beg for his help.
3. Luke refuses to finish off the stunned Jedi, hoping to ____.
(a) Save him.
(b) Torture him.
(c) Learn from him.
(d) Turn him to the light side.
4. When Thrawn asks about her long absence, Mara hears in her head that she must kill ____.
(d) The Emperor.
5. Mara vows to behave lest she be turned over to mad ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Falcon is being moved as the fugitives enter the storage area and ____ ducks inside to start the warm up sequence.
2. In the Grand Corridor lined with ch'hala trees, Han tells Fey'lya how trying to play politics by ____ rules has backfired.
3. As Luke looks down on the identical faces of the Imperial troops whom he has killed, he understands that the troopers are ____ .
4. Lando suggests a deal for Bel Iblis and his people where Lando and Han offer their advocacy in exchange for information on the ____.
5. On Coruscant, Karrde explains again that his assumption that he was the only one to record the coordinates 15 years ago is wrong and that ____ also could have.
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
2. Explain how Leia's actions in this section with regard to purifying the Noghiri home world probably saved Leai from capture by Thrawn.
3. Why isn't Thrawn upset when Luke and Mara escape wit Karrde on the Falcon?
4. Explain how Luke's opinion of C'baoth and Mara's opinion of C'baoth differ.
5. Explain the deceptive message that Lando receives from Luke via Winter and the ensuing discussion about the price of the Katana Fleet.
6. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
7. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the glory of presenting the Katana fleet to bring about Fey'lya's downfall and Ackbar's restoration. Han insists that he wants justice. Which of the two do you agree with?
8. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
9. Explain what Sena thinks about the situation with Fey'lya and Ackbar and why Sena feels that way.
10. Why does Thrawn want to head Leia off at Endor?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)