|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Facing Thrawn, Mara lunges for his throat but ____ restrains her.
2. Refusing to use mind control as at Nkllon, Luke uses the Force only to suppress the curiosity of ____ men in a pilot's lounge.
3. Rukh is ordered to use his hunter's instincts to find the Jedi, ysalamiri are deployed, and all cars are moved to herd the fugitives toward the ____.
(b) Detention block.
(c) Throne Room.
(d) Hangar bay.
4. At dusk on Honoghr, Leia and her rescue party are ready to set out, and she is too troubled to pay attention to Threepio's report of an excessively curious ____.
(a) Decon droid.
(b) Cleaning droid.
(c) Service droid.
(d) Training droid.
5. When word comes that Karrde is missing, Thrawn orders Karrde to be ____.
(a) Captured and hung.
(b) Captured alive.
(c) Captured and tortured.
(d) Shot on sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rogue and ____ squadrons unite in attacking the TIE interceptors escorting the surviving drop ships toward Katana.
2. As Luke looks down on the identical faces of the Imperial troops whom he has killed, he understands that the troopers are ____ .
3. Leia knows that the Imperials will spare her life so Thrawn can ______.
4. Mara vows to behave lest she be turned over to mad ____.
5. Mara chooses a harrowing vertical landing on a ledge and starts to climb toward the rim when Artoo arrives in a ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Making a final survey of the ship before retiring, Thrawn takes in stride Pellaeon's report that the Falcon is being put into vehicle deep storage, but reacts to what news and in what way?
2. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
3. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
4. Explain why Sena's request to Han about Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma is a bit strange and what questions it raises.
5. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
6. What happens to Mara when she gets the Etherway out of impoundment and how is it ironic?
7. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
8. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the glory of presenting the Katana fleet to bring about Fey'lya's downfall and Ackbar's restoration. Han insists that he wants justice. Which of the two do you agree with?
9. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
10. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)