|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the metallic Grand Dukha stand the thirteen male ____ .
(a) Council heads.
2. Fey'lya discounts all the evidence presented and argues that a salvage expedition would ____.
(a) Waste time.
(b) Waste resources.
(c) Draw the Grand Admiral's attention.
(d) Leave the New Republic undefended.
3. When Thrawn asks about her long absence, Mara hears in her head that she must kill ____.
(d) The Emperor.
4. Sena asks Han to convince Mon Mothma to invite ____ to join the New Republic.
(b) Bel Iblis.
5. As Luke looks down on the identical faces of the Imperial troops whom he has killed, he understands that the troopers are ____ .
(b) His brothers.
(c) Too old.
(d) Too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. The maitrakh talks about losing ____ sons in Imperial service.
2. Winter calls Lady Luck to say that Luke has checked in and wants to rendezvous at ____.
3. Mara chooses a harrowing vertical landing on a ledge and starts to climb toward the rim when Artoo arrives in a ____.
4. Mara explains Karrde's accidental discovery of the Katana Fleet and is given ____ to bring back the location/
5. A turbolift car takes Luke and Mara meandering through Chimaera to an access door to the ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the book end, according to Luke's discovery?
2. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
3. What happens to Mara when she gets the Etherway out of impoundment and how is it ironic?
4. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
5. Why does Leia feel that the Empire will save her life and what feelings might that be bringing up for her?
6. Why isn't Thrawn upset when Luke and Mara escape wit Karrde on the Falcon?
7. Explain the deceptive message that Lando receives from Luke via Winter and the ensuing discussion about the price of the Katana Fleet.
8. Although they were earlier called abominations, droids, namely Artoo, play a huge role in this section of the book. Explain how Artoo comes to look and Mara's rescue in this section.
9. Making a final survey of the ship before retiring, Thrawn takes in stride Pellaeon's report that the Falcon is being put into vehicle deep storage, but reacts to what news and in what way?
10. Explain why Sena's request to Han about Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma is a bit strange and what questions it raises.
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)