|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mara enters space, she is caught in a ____.
(a) Meteor Storm.
(b) Black Hole.
(c) Comet Path.
(d) Tractor Beam.
2. After broaching the subject of Thrawn's treachery on soil detoxification, Leia announces that they must free Khabarakh and steal ____.
(a) A droid.
(b) A ship.
(c) Some weapons.
(d) Some food.
3. Departing from the meeting with Ferrier, Han and Lando detect a ____.
(b) Space storm.
4. Lando suggests a deal for Bel Iblis and his people where Lando and Han offer their advocacy in exchange for information on the ____.
(a) Grand Admiral.
(b) New Death Star.
(c) Katana Fleet.
(d) Dark Jedi.
5. When Mara almost falls asleep, averting disaster, Mara puts the craft on autopilot and fetches the ysalamir, within whose bubble ____.
(a) Fatigue ends.
(b) Mara is frozen in carbonite.
(c) Mara is able to guide the ship with her thoughts.
(d) Mara teleports off the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mara tries to arrange a meeting with Thrawn by identifying herself as The Emperor's ____.
2. Leia thinks that the Noghiri had been enslaved for seven or eight years, but learns that they have really been enslaved for at least ____.
3. C'baoth launches ____ from his fingertips, which Luke blocks with his lightsaber.
4. Thrawn learns that the Flacon is at ____.
5. The Force tells Luke to explore a specific ship, which turns out to be ____ .
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Luke's opinion of C'baoth and Mara's opinion of C'baoth differ.
2. Why does Leia feel that the Empire will save her life and what feelings might that be bringing up for her?
3. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
4. Although they were earlier called abominations, droids, namely Artoo, play a huge role in this section of the book. Explain how Artoo comes to look and Mara's rescue in this section.
5. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
6. Why does Thrawn want to head Leia off at Endor?
7. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
8. Explain what Sena thinks about the situation with Fey'lya and Ackbar and why Sena feels that way.
9. How does Fey'lya handle the battle over the Katana Fleet?
10. Making a final survey of the ship before retiring, Thrawn takes in stride Pellaeon's report that the Falcon is being put into vehicle deep storage, but reacts to what news and in what way?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)