|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Negotiations are held aboard the Coral ____.
2. Leia thinks that the Noghiri had been enslaved for seven or eight years, but learns that they have really been enslaved for at least ____.
(a) Nearly a hundred years.
(b) Nearly twenty years.
(c) Nearly fifty years.
(d) Nearly seventy years.
3. Fey'lya has presented no proof and Breil'lya's actions on New Cov are ____ .
4. Karrde secretly gets Leia to turn on communications circuits so the crew overhears Fey'lya admit that troops are ____ .
(a) Mindless nothings.
(b) Under his control.
(c) Coming to board the ship.
5. Wedge introduces himself as Han's representative in handing the ship, named ____ over to Mara.
Short Answer Questions
1. C'baoth launches ____ from his fingertips, which Luke blocks with his lightsaber.
2. Departing from the meeting with Ferrier, Han and Lando detect a ____.
3. Luke steals ____ from the pilots in the lounge.
4. When Mara almost falls asleep, averting disaster, Mara puts the craft on autopilot and fetches the ysalamir, within whose bubble ____.
5. Captain Brandei detects Rebels aboard ____ dreadnaughts.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
2. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
3. How does the book end, according to Luke's discovery?
4. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
5. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
6. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
7. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
8. Explain the deceptive message that Lando receives from Luke via Winter and the ensuing discussion about the price of the Katana Fleet.
9. Making a final survey of the ship before retiring, Thrawn takes in stride Pellaeon's report that the Falcon is being put into vehicle deep storage, but reacts to what news and in what way?
10. How does the Force help LUke when he reaches the Katana Fleet and what are the ramifications of that?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)