|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ever tries to tell Damen what has happened?
2. What does Jude say is the reason for reincarnation?
3. What class is Jude taking?
4. What is Roman trying to do?
5. What is the weather like where Summerland takes Ever?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ever find out about Roman's life?
2. How does Jude first go to Summerland?
3. What does Ever realize when she is talking to Roman, and what happens because of that?
4. What happens to the antidote when Roman dies, why does Haven hate Ever now, and what does Damen say to all of it?
5. What picture of herself does Ever see in the twins' house?
6. Where do Damen and Ever go from Summerland, what happens there, and how does Ever feel? What does Ava tell her?
7. Where does Ever go from Ava's, who does she talk with, and why does she leave there?
8. Where does Ever take Roman, and how does Roman end up dead?
9. Where do Jude and Ever go in Summerland?
10. Where does Ever end up in Summerland, and what does she think about there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sometimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than an action-driven one, and sometimes, it's the other way around. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character-driven? Action-driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character-driven versus action-driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not?
5. What type of plot do you think Dark Flame is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Ever and Haven. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Damen and Roman. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Dark Flame help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of immortality in Dark Flame. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with immortality? Why? What are some symbols of immortality? Symbols of death? What characters are immortal? How do they handle their immortality?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of friendship in Dark Flame. Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? How are friendships in Dark Flame threatened? Which friendships are strengthened? Which fail or are weakened?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of obsession in Dark Flame. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most obsessed? Why? What are some behaviors that demonstrate obsession?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)