Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ever tell Roman?
2. What does Ever think is the reason Summerland brings her to a dank, dark place?
3. What does Ava say magic is?
4. What does Roman say to Ever when he has her on the couch?
5. What does Ava tell Ever when Ever walks in her house?
Essay Topic 1
Dark Flame is one book in a series of novels involving Ever and Damen. Discuss the following.
1. What are some of the advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are some of the disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier, more difficult, or about the same difficulty level to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. What is a plot? What are the most important elements of a plot and their definition? Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not?
2. Write a brief synopsis of the plot of Dark Flame, identifying where the various elements of the plot occur (exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution or denouement). Do you find it difficult to identify the plot? Why or why not? What about the various elements of the plot?
3. Identify the major sub-plots and their elements in Dark Flame. (The subplots may not contain every element of the major plot). Do the sub-plots add to the main plot? Why or why not? Are the sub-plots interesting in and of themselves? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Dark Flame based upon the criteria you decided upon in #1 and judge if Dark Flame is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Dark Flame a successful novel? What about young teens?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)