|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls when Ever is talking to Damen?
2. What does Jude wish he was doing in Chapter 15?
3. What does Jude say he wants for Ever?
4. What does Ever tell Jude in Summerland?
5. What does Ava say is the Law of Attraction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Ever's abilities, and what happens when Ever goes to Roman's house again?
2. Where does Damen take Ever for her birthday, and what does he show her there?
3. Where do Damen and Ever go from Summerland, what happens there, and how does Ever feel? What does Ava tell her?
4. What does Miles send Ever from Venice, and what shocks Ever about them?
5. Where do Jude and Ever go in Summerland?
6. Who pops in while Jude and Ever are talking, and what happens then?
7. What happens to the antidote when Roman dies, why does Haven hate Ever now, and what does Damen say to all of it?
8. How does Ever find out about Roman's life?
9. Who shows up in Summerland, and what does Ever tell him? What does he do?
10. What does Ever tell Damen when she leaves Summerland, and how does he react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of immortality in Dark Flame. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with immortality? Why? What are some symbols of immortality? Symbols of death? What characters are immortal? How do they handle their immortality?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of friendship in Dark Flame. Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? How are friendships in Dark Flame threatened? Which friendships are strengthened? Which fail or are weakened?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of obsession in Dark Flame. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most obsessed? Why? What are some behaviors that demonstrate obsession?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Dark Flame based upon the criteria you decided upon in #1 and judge if Dark Flame is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Dark Flame a successful novel? What about young teens?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)