Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jude say to Miles about Ever's attempts to make up for hurting him?
2. Why is Ever upset with Jude?
3. What does Ever say is the reason she is asking Jude for help about Roman?
4. What is the first thing Ever notices when she gets to Summerland?
5. What does Ever do when Haven shows up at Roman's store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Damen show Ever in the place he manifests, and why does he know that place?
2. What do Ever and Damen think of Haven's attitude, and what do they decide to do about it?
3. What does Ever do in Summerland, and why is it good for her? What does Ever tell Damen about Jude?
4. What does Ava tell Ever about the bond with Roman?
5. What does Damen tell Ever about magic, and what is her response?
6. Where does Ever go when she leaves Damen, and what shocks her there?
7. Who pops in while Jude and Ever are talking, and what happens then?
8. Where does Ever go from Ava's, who does she talk with, and why does she leave there?
9. What does Ever tell Damen when she leaves Summerland, and how does he react?
10. Who comes to the hospital to talk to Jude and what does he tell them?
Ever feels she has made many mistakes since learning of her immortality, and she is obsessed with attempting to fix these mistakes. However, the more Ever tries to fix her mistakes, the more mistakes she makes. This includes Ever's relationship with Jude. Jude has been in love with Ever in each of their lives over the last four hundred years, but Jude does not know about his past lives because he is not immortal. Ever thinks Jude is immortal and that he is part of Roman's rebels, but learns that he is not. This complicates the situation for Ever because she has placed herself in a position where she has admitted too much to Jude and broken the first rule of immortality: don't tell anyone.
1. Why do you think Ever keeps making mistakes while trying to fix her past mistakes? Use examples from your own life and Dark Flame to support your answer.
2. Discuss what Ever's actions towards Jude when she throws him and then cuts him without any supporting evidence demonstrates her general emotional state throughout much of Dark Flame. Use examples from your own life and Dark Flame to support your answer.
3. Explain how you think Ever and Jude's past lives have affected their relationship in the present time. Use examples from your own life and Dark Flame to support your answer.
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Alyson Noël.
2. What in Noël's background may have helped her in writing Dark Flame? What may have influenced the way she depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think Dark Flame is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book whose title you still didn't understand, even after finishing the book? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)