Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jude say to Miles about Ever's attempts to make up for hurting him?
2. Why is Ever upset with Jude?
3. What does Ever say is the reason she is asking Jude for help about Roman?
4. What is the first thing Ever notices when she gets to Summerland?
5. What does Ever do when Haven shows up at Roman's store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Damen show Ever in the place he manifests, and why does he know that place?
2. What do Ever and Damen think of Haven's attitude, and what do they decide to do about it?
3. What does Ever do in Summerland, and why is it good for her? What does Ever tell Damen about Jude?
4. What does Ava tell Ever about the bond with Roman?
5. What does Damen tell Ever about magic, and what is her response?
6. Where does Ever go when she leaves Damen, and what shocks her there?
7. Who pops in while Jude and Ever are talking, and what happens then?
8. Where does Ever go from Ava's, who does she talk with, and why does she leave there?
9. What does Ever tell Damen when she leaves Summerland, and how does he react?
10. Who comes to the hospital to talk to Jude and what does he tell them?
Dark Flame is one book in a series of novels involving Ever and Damen. Discuss the following.
1. What are some of the advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are some of the disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier, more difficult, or about the same difficulty level to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think Dark Flame is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book whose title you still didn't understand, even after finishing the book? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again? Why or why not?
There are a number of interesting questions raised by Dark Flame, questions that Noël most likely wants readers to consider and think through carefully. Discuss the following:
1. What does the term "author agenda" mean?
2. Name one idea/concept you think may have been a part of Noël's agenda. Analyze that idea throughout the book and discuss Noël's probable agenda concerning that idea.
2. Do you think writers who have an agenda for writing should point it out in a preface?
3. How often do you think fiction is written with a clear agenda in mind by the author?
4. Research the life of Noël and see if/where her life may have influenced her writing.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)