|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosalie think of the parents of the children she spends time with?
2. What does Rosalie invite Jonathan to do in the evenings?
3. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
4. After his reaction to being called a different name, what does Jonathan do?
5. What does Jonathan offer to make Rosalie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of loneliness is present throughout Kopit's play. What can readers learn about Kopit's characters when they are in the midst of loneliness? Be sure to give specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
How does Kopit incorporate the concept of man versus self in his play? Which character do you think is the best example of man versus self and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the tone of Oh Dad, Poor Dad? Why would Kopit choose to write the story in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and sequence of events?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)