|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Jonathan spend in the place he goes outside his hotel room?
2. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
3. Which of the following words does not describe Rosalie?
4. Which word accurately describes the parents of the children Rosalie is with when Jonathan first sees her?
5. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of loneliness is present throughout Kopit's play. What can readers learn about Kopit's characters when they are in the midst of loneliness? Be sure to give specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Kopit uses a great deal of imagery in this play, particularly in the final chapters. What specific examples of imagery did Kopit include? How does this imagery add to the readers' experience of the story?
Essay Topic 3
There are several instances of irony in Kopit's book. Identify at least one of these instances and describe why Kopit may have used irony when describing this particular situation.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)