|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jonathan's reaction when Rosalie invites Jonathan to do something with her in the evenings?
2. Which of the following words does not describe Rosalie?
3. What does Rosalie try to do after the cuckoo clock chirps?
4. What does Jonathan find out after he tells Rosalie he watches her?
5. What does Jonathan say locks him in the room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the climax of this story and the series of events leading up to the climax. How did characters respond to the climax? What did Kopit include in his story to insure that the climax would be as powerful and meaningful as possible?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of a foil in literature? Describe one character in Kopit's play that you believe is a foil of another character. Why do you think Kopit may have created characters in his work that emphasize each other's qualities?
Essay Topic 3
Kopit uses a great deal of imagery in this play, particularly in the final chapters. What specific examples of imagery did Kopit include? How does this imagery add to the readers' experience of the story?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)