|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes before Scene 2 opens?
2. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
3. Rosalie tells Jonathan she feels lonely when she does what?
4. What does Jonathan offer to make Rosalie?
5. Who makes Jonathan's decisions for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Madame Rosepettle and Jonathan. How are their lives different? How are the characters the same?
Essay Topic 2
The hotel is a significant part of Kopit's story. What does the hotel room symbolize? What similarities can you give between the room and characters' situations?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of loneliness is present throughout Kopit's play. What can readers learn about Kopit's characters when they are in the midst of loneliness? Be sure to give specific examples.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)