|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the cuckoo clock chirp in Scene 2?
2. How many children are with Rosalie when Jonathan first sees her?
3. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
4. What does Jonathan do as he is speaking with Rosalie in Scene 2?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kopit uses a narrative point of view throughout his entire play. Why do you think he chooses to write this way? What are the pros and cons of using this point of view in this particular story?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the concept of a tragic hero (or heroine). Describe one character in Kopit's play that you think can be described as a tragic hero, and explain what makes the character fit the description. Why does Kopit decide to include this particular character in his book? What does he or she represent?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Madame Rosepettle and Jonathan. How are their lives different? How are the characters the same?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)