|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan offer to make Rosalie?
2. Who leaves the hotel room first at the end of Scene 2?
3. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
4. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
5. What does Jonathan find out after he tells Rosalie he watches her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of Kopit's work, Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Momma's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feeling So Sad, seems straightforward yet indicates a particular significance about one character. In your opinion, why does Kopit choose this particular title for his work? What does this title signify? What does it tell readers about the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Madame Rosepettle and Jonathan. How are their lives different? How are the characters the same?
Essay Topic 3
Identify at least three instances of foreshadowing in Kopit's novel. Why would Kopit include these instances? How would the story change if they had not been included?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)