|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie about in the hotel room?
2. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
3. Which character likely has the most active life in this play?
4. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
5. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some have identified the plot of Oh Dad, Poor Dad as somewhat ridiculous and/or confusing. Would you agree or disagree? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Kopit uses a narrative point of view throughout his entire play. Why do you think he chooses to write this way? What are the pros and cons of using this point of view in this particular story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the concept of a tragic hero (or heroine). Describe one character in Kopit's play that you think can be described as a tragic hero, and explain what makes the character fit the description. Why does Kopit decide to include this particular character in his book? What does he or she represent?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)