|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kopit intend the telescope in Scene 2 to symbolize?
2. Which of the following words does not describe Rosalie?
3. What does Rosalie invite Jonathan to do in the evenings?
4. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie about in the hotel room?
5. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Some have identified the plot of Oh Dad, Poor Dad as somewhat ridiculous and/or confusing. Would you agree or disagree? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Kopit uses a great deal of imagery in this play, particularly in the final chapters. What specific examples of imagery did Kopit include? How does this imagery add to the readers' experience of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of a foil in literature? Describe one character in Kopit's play that you believe is a foil of another character. Why do you think Kopit may have created characters in his work that emphasize each other's qualities?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)