|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan say locks him in the room?
2. Who storms into the room after the cuckoo clock chirps?
3. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
4. Who leaves the hotel room first at the end of Scene 2?
5. Why does Jonathan offer to make something for Rosalie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kopit uses a great deal of imagery in this play, particularly in the final chapters. What specific examples of imagery did Kopit include? How does this imagery add to the readers' experience of the story?
Essay Topic 2
How is Kopit's story ultimately resolved? Do you think the plot was adequately resolved? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Madame Rosepettle and Jonathan. How are their lives different? How are the characters the same?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)