|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
2. How does Rosalie communicate with parents of the children she is with?
3. What parental act are the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with sure to enforce?
4. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kopit uses a great deal of imagery in this play, particularly in the final chapters. What specific examples of imagery did Kopit include? How does this imagery add to the readers' experience of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the tone of Oh Dad, Poor Dad? Why would Kopit choose to write the story in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and sequence of events?
Essay Topic 3
The hotel is a significant part of Kopit's story. What does the hotel room symbolize? What similarities can you give between the room and characters' situations?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)