|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes Jonathan's decisions for him?
2. What was Rosalie doing with the children when Jonathan first saw her?
3. What does Rosalie think of the parents of the children she spends time with?
4. What does Jonathan do in the place he has gone outside of his hotel room?
5. How many children are with Rosalie when Jonathan first sees her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect does early 1960's Cuba have on Kopit's novel? How does it add to the story? What impact does the war have on characters, and how might they be different had the story been set during a different time?
Essay Topic 2
The title of Kopit's work, Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Momma's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feeling So Sad, seems straightforward yet indicates a particular significance about one character. In your opinion, why does Kopit choose this particular title for his work? What does this title signify? What does it tell readers about the story?
Essay Topic 3
Some have identified the plot of Oh Dad, Poor Dad as somewhat ridiculous and/or confusing. Would you agree or disagree? Why?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)