|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
2. What does Rosalie invite Jonathan to do in the evenings?
3. Rosalie tells Jonathan she feels lonely when she does what?
4. Who storms into the room after the cuckoo clock chirps?
5. Why won't Jonathan leave the hotel room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Kopit incorporate the concept of man versus self in his play? Which character do you think is the best example of man versus self and why?
Essay Topic 2
The hotel is a significant part of Kopit's story. What does the hotel room symbolize? What similarities can you give between the room and characters' situations?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the concept of a tragic hero (or heroine). Describe one character in Kopit's play that you think can be described as a tragic hero, and explain what makes the character fit the description. Why does Kopit decide to include this particular character in his book? What does he or she represent?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)