|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle?
2. Rosalie tells Jonathan she feels lonely when she does what?
3. What does Jonathan use to watch Rosalie?
4. Where has Jonathan gone since the end of Scene 1?
5. Which word describes how Rosalie appears on the surface?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the climax of this story and the series of events leading up to the climax. How did characters respond to the climax? What did Kopit include in his story to insure that the climax would be as powerful and meaningful as possible?
Essay Topic 2
Which character in Kopit's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
Essay Topic 3
What is the tone of Oh Dad, Poor Dad? Why would Kopit choose to write the story in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and sequence of events?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)