Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie about in the hotel room?
2. Which word describes how Rosalie appears on the surface?
3. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
4. How does Rosalie communicate with parents of the children she is with?
5. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie after the cuckoo clock chirps?
Identify at least three instances of foreshadowing in Kopit's novel. Why would Kopit include these instances? How would the story change if they had not been included?
Madame Rosepettle experiences flashbacks in this story that refer to her relationship with her dead husband. What do these flashbacks teach us about Madame Rosepettle? What purpose do the flashbacks serve in the story?
What is the purpose of a foil in literature? Describe one character in Kopit's play that you believe is a foil of another character. Why do you think Kopit may have created characters in his work that emphasize each other's qualities?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)