|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
2. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie after the cuckoo clock chirps?
3. What can the audience see that Jonathan wishes for in Scene 2?
4. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
5. Who has been listening to the conversation between Rosalie and Jonathan from the other room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect does early 1960's Cuba have on Kopit's novel? How does it add to the story? What impact does the war have on characters, and how might they be different had the story been set during a different time?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the concept of a tragic hero (or heroine). Describe one character in Kopit's play that you think can be described as a tragic hero, and explain what makes the character fit the description. Why does Kopit decide to include this particular character in his book? What does he or she represent?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the main theme of Kopit's play? Identify at least three events in Oh Dad, Poor Dad that communicate this theme.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)