|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word accurately describes the parents of the children Rosalie is with when Jonathan first sees her?
2. Who leaves the hotel room first at the end of Scene 2?
3. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
4. What does Rosalie try to do after the cuckoo clock chirps?
5. What does Jonathan offer to make Rosalie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe the development of the relationship between Jonathan and Rosalie? Why do you think Jonathan becomes so quickly attached to her? What benefits do both characters derive from the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the concept of a tragic hero (or heroine). Describe one character in Kopit's play that you think can be described as a tragic hero, and explain what makes the character fit the description. Why does Kopit decide to include this particular character in his book? What does he or she represent?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of loneliness is present throughout Kopit's play. What can readers learn about Kopit's characters when they are in the midst of loneliness? Be sure to give specific examples.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)