|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie about in the hotel room?
2. Which word describes how Rosalie appears on the surface?
3. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
4. How does Rosalie communicate with parents of the children she is with?
5. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie after the cuckoo clock chirps?
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of a foil in literature? Describe one character in Kopit's play that you believe is a foil of another character. Why do you think Kopit may have created characters in his work that emphasize each other's qualities?
Essay Topic 2
How does Kopit incorporate the concept of man versus self in his play? Which character do you think is the best example of man versus self and why?
Essay Topic 3
Kopit uses a great deal of imagery in this play, particularly in the final chapters. What specific examples of imagery did Kopit include? How does this imagery add to the readers' experience of the story?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)