|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
2. Why hasn't Rosalie ever met the parents of the children Rosalie is with?
3. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie about in the hotel room?
4. Why did Jonathan originally make the object he uses to watch Rosalie?
5. After his reaction to being called a different name, what does Jonathan do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the tone of Oh Dad, Poor Dad? Why would Kopit choose to write the story in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and sequence of events?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of loneliness is present throughout Kopit's play. What can readers learn about Kopit's characters when they are in the midst of loneliness? Be sure to give specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Identify at least three instances of foreshadowing in Kopit's novel. Why would Kopit include these instances? How would the story change if they had not been included?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)