|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
2. What can the audience see that Jonathan wishes for in Scene 2?
3. What does Jonathan say he finds particularly fulfilling?
4. How much time passes before Scene 2 opens?
5. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the climax of this story and the series of events leading up to the climax. How did characters respond to the climax? What did Kopit include in his story to insure that the climax would be as powerful and meaningful as possible?
Essay Topic 2
How would you describe the development of the relationship between Jonathan and Rosalie? Why do you think Jonathan becomes so quickly attached to her? What benefits do both characters derive from the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of a foil in literature? Describe one character in Kopit's play that you believe is a foil of another character. Why do you think Kopit may have created characters in his work that emphasize each other's qualities?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)