|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes before Scene 2 opens?
2. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
3. Which of the following words does not describe Jonathan's character?
4. What does Rosalie do when Jonathan refuses her invitation?
5. Who leaves the hotel room second at the end of Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe the development of the relationship between Jonathan and Rosalie? Why do you think Jonathan becomes so quickly attached to her? What benefits do both characters derive from the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Kopit uses a great deal of imagery in this play, particularly in the final chapters. What specific examples of imagery did Kopit include? How does this imagery add to the readers' experience of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Which character in Kopit's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)