|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
2. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
3. What does Jonathan do as he is speaking with Rosalie in Scene 2?
4. Which word accurately describes the parents of the children Rosalie is with when Jonathan first sees her?
5. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie about in the hotel room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character in Kopit's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
Essay Topic 2
Identify at least three instances of foreshadowing in Kopit's novel. Why would Kopit include these instances? How would the story change if they had not been included?
Essay Topic 3
There are several instances of irony in Kopit's book. Identify at least one of these instances and describe why Kopit may have used irony when describing this particular situation.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)