Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Madame Rosepettle asks Jonathan to do something, what does he do?
2. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
3. Which word describes the hotel where Scene 1 takes place?
4. What quality does Madame Rosepettle admit to not being?
5. How does Jonathan treat the bellboys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personality quirks of characters in Scene 1 are particularly shocking?
2. How does Madame Rosepettle react to her husband's mistress?
3. What does Madame Rosepettle give the bellboys as a tip? What does this tell you about Madame Rosepettle?
4. What is the last line of the play? How is this meaningful?
5. What is Rosalie's job? Does she enjoy it?
6. How do you explain Jonathan's decision to kill the fish and plants?
7. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
8. What role does the telescope play in Jonathan's relationship with Rosalie?
9. What is Madame Rosepettle's bedroom like? Does this describe what you would have expected?
10. Why is Madame Rosepettle particularly interested in the yacht in the harbor?
Madame Rosepettle experiences flashbacks in this story that refer to her relationship with her dead husband. What do these flashbacks teach us about Madame Rosepettle? What purpose do the flashbacks serve in the story?
What is the purpose of a foil in literature? Describe one character in Kopit's play that you believe is a foil of another character. Why do you think Kopit may have created characters in his work that emphasize each other's qualities?
Kopit uses a great deal of imagery in this play, particularly in the final chapters. What specific examples of imagery did Kopit include? How does this imagery add to the readers' experience of the story?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)