|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
2. How many men are moving the object?
3. How does Madame Rosepettle seem to make others feel?
4. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
5. What is the title of the person who stands up for himself to Madame Rosepettle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Madame Rosepettle's bedroom like? Does this describe what you would have expected?
2. How does Jonathan react to Madame Rosepettle in Scene 1?
3. What was extraordinary about Madame Rosepettle's pregnancy?
4. In what way is Jonathan passive-aggressive toward his mother?
5. Why does Jonathan bring up the topic of his mother's Venus flytraps?
6. Why does Jonathan offer to make a telescope for Rosalie? Does this desire make sense?
7. When does Jonathan kill Rosalie?
8. Why does Rosalie call Jonathan by the wrong name?
9. Does Madame Rosepettle treat the commodore with respect? Why or why not?
10. From what you know in Scene 1, do you like Jonathan? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of a foil in literature? Describe one character in Kopit's play that you believe is a foil of another character. Why do you think Kopit may have created characters in his work that emphasize each other's qualities?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the main theme of Kopit's play? Identify at least three events in Oh Dad, Poor Dad that communicate this theme.
Essay Topic 3
What is the tone of Oh Dad, Poor Dad? Why would Kopit choose to write the story in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and sequence of events?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)