|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is best described as wealthy, bossy, and eccentric?
2. In what country does the play take place?
3. Which phrase best describes Jonathan in terms of his relationship with his mother?
4. Who refuses to be satisfied with the men in her room?
5. What does the additional man arrive with in the hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
2. In what way is Scene 3 dream-like?
3. Would you like to live the lifestyle Madame Rosepettle leads? Why or why not?
4. What was extraordinary about Madame Rosepettle's pregnancy?
5. From what you know in Scene 1, do you like Jonathan? Why or why not?
6. What do you make of Jonathan's claim that he is fulfilled by his coin and stamp collections?
7. What role does the telescope play in Jonathan's relationship with Rosalie?
8. When does Jonathan kill Rosalie?
9. Why do you think Madame Rosepettle never wants Jonathan to leave the hotel room?
10. Are the characters of Rosalie and Madame Rosepettle similar in any way? How?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character in Kopit's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
Essay Topic 2
Some have identified the plot of Oh Dad, Poor Dad as somewhat ridiculous and/or confusing. Would you agree or disagree? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of loneliness is present throughout Kopit's play. What can readers learn about Kopit's characters when they are in the midst of loneliness? Be sure to give specific examples.
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)