|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would the plot of the first scene be described?
2. How does Madame Rosepettle seem to make others feel?
3. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
4. What does Jonathan's relationship with his mother seem to be like?
5. When Madame Rosepettle asks Jonathan to do something, what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madame Rosepettle give the bellboys as a tip? What does this tell you about Madame Rosepettle?
2. What does the commodore think when Madame Rosepettle tells him about her husband?
3. What is Madame Rosepettle's bedroom like? Does this describe what you would have expected?
4. Does Madame Rosepettle treat the commodore with respect? Why or why not?
5. Why does Madame Rosepettle get upset with the bellboys at the end of Scene 1?
6. How did Madame Rosepettle's husband finally die? Why did Madame Rosepettle find this funny?
7. From what you know in Scene 1, do you like Jonathan? Why or why not?
8. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle in return? What does this tell you about her character?
9. What is Commodore Roseabove like? Do you like him?
10. In what way is Scene 3 dream-like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some have identified the plot of Oh Dad, Poor Dad as somewhat ridiculous and/or confusing. Would you agree or disagree? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the concept of a tragic hero (or heroine). Describe one character in Kopit's play that you think can be described as a tragic hero, and explain what makes the character fit the description. Why does Kopit decide to include this particular character in his book? What does he or she represent?
Essay Topic 3
What is the tone of Oh Dad, Poor Dad? Why would Kopit choose to write the story in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and sequence of events?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)