|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
(b) Wild animals.
2. Why hasn't Rosalie ever met the parents of the children Rosalie is with?
(a) They are important politicians.
(b) They are working all the time.
(c) The author doesn't say why.
(d) They are in the hospital.
3. What does Rosalie do when Jonathan refuses her invitation?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She turns away from him and cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She asks him why.
4. What does Jonathan find out after he tells Rosalie he watches her?
(a) That Rosalie is engaged.
(b) That Rosalie is not interested in him.
(c) That Rosalie has known it for a long time.
(d) That Rosalie does not watch him.
5. What does Kopit intend the telescope in Scene 2 to symbolize?
(a) His mother.
(b) His love for stars.
(c) Sexual awareness.
(d) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan's mother wants him to be ________ but won't _________________.
2. What can the audience see that Jonathan wishes for in Scene 2?
3. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
4. After his reaction to being called a different name, what does Jonathan do?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle call Jonathan in Scene 2?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)