|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
(a) Like a guest.
(b) Like her own daughter.
2. What does Madame Rosepettle call Jonathan in Scene 2?
(c) Her 'beloved' son.
(d) A 'dream'.
3. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
(a) Self-respect and compassion for others.
(b) Solace and growth.
(c) Family ties and forgiveness.
(d) Sexuality and loneliness.
4. Who storms into the room after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) Albert Rosepettle.
5. How much time passes before Scene 2 opens?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) A few hours.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character likely has the most active life in this play?
2. How old is Rosalie?
3. Why hasn't Rosalie ever met the parents of the children Rosalie is with?
4. What parental act are the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with sure to enforce?
5. What does Kopit intend the telescope in Scene 2 to symbolize?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)