|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
(b) Sitting and talking.
(c) Playing a game.
2. How can Jonathan's conversation with Rosalie best be described?
(a) Awkward and hurried.
3. What does Jonathan use to watch Rosalie?
(a) A kaleidoscope.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A telescope.
4. Jonathan's mother wants him to be ________ but won't _________________.
(a) Confident; compliment him.
(b) Great; let him into the world.
(c) Rich; let him get a job.
(d) A father; let him date.
5. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
(a) Sexuality and loneliness.
(b) Family ties and forgiveness.
(c) Solace and growth.
(d) Self-respect and compassion for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
2. Why hasn't Rosalie ever met the parents of the children Rosalie is with?
3. What does Jonathan offer to make Rosalie?
4. Who has been listening to the conversation between Rosalie and Jonathan from the other room?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)