|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Rosepettle say about the tip she gives the bellboys?
(a) It is all she has.
(b) It is very valuable.
(c) They don't deserve it.
(d) They earned it with their hard work.
2. Where does the play take place?
(a) Buenos Aires.
3. What quality does Madame Rosepettle admit to not being?
4. What does Jonathan's relationship with his mother seem to be like?
(a) Kind and cordial.
(b) Mutually loving.
5. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
2. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
3. What object are the men moving into the hotel room?
4. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
5. Who berates the men in the hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jonathan bring up the topic of his mother's Venus flytraps?
2. What is Commodore Roseabove like? Do you like him?
3. What are some of the ridiculous and absurd features in Scene 1?
4. Why does Jonathan offer to make a telescope for Rosalie? Does this desire make sense?
5. Why do many characters have "rose" incorporated into their names? What do you think this symbolizes?
6. How does Madame Rosepettle react to her husband's mistress?
7. Describe the interaction between the third bellboy and Madame Rosepettle.
8. What was extraordinary about Madame Rosepettle's pregnancy?
9. Why do you think Madame Rosepettle never wants Jonathan to leave the hotel room?
10. What impact does Jonathan's speech impediment have on readers' perceptions of his character?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)