|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
(a) Her ways of earning money.
(b) Diverse cultures.
(c) Not to care about people in the service industry.
(d) Their family.
2. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
(b) Her own home.
(c) New York City.
(d) Buenos Aires.
3. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A limo.
(c) A boat.
(d) A motorcycle.
4. What object are the men moving into the hotel room?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A television.
(c) A trunk.
(d) A suitcase.
5. How does Madame Rosepettle seem to make others feel?
(a) Cared for.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lines does Jonathan have in Scene 1?
2. Who refuses to be satisfied with the men in her room?
3. In Scene 1, dialogue and characters seem to be ________________.
4. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
5. When Madame Rosepettle speaks to her son, how does he answer her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madame Rosepettle give the bellboys as a tip? What does this tell you about Madame Rosepettle?
2. Describe Jonathan and his surroundings at the beginning of Scene 3.
3. What are some of the ridiculous and absurd features in Scene 1?
4. What personality quirks of characters in Scene 1 are particularly shocking?
5. What is Madame Rosepettle's bedroom like? Does this describe what you would have expected?
6. What role does the telescope play in Jonathan's relationship with Rosalie?
7. What are your initial perceptions of Rosalie?
8. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
9. From the information given in Scene 2, is Rosalie a good or a bad influence on Jonathan?
10. How does Scene 2 end?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)