Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Madame Rosepettle asks Jonathan to do something, what does he do?
(a) Exactly what she tells him to do.
(c) The opposite.
(d) Talks rudely to her.
2. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
(a) Not to care about people in the service industry.
(b) Their family.
(c) Her ways of earning money.
(d) Diverse cultures.
3. Which word describes the hotel where Scene 1 takes place?
4. What quality does Madame Rosepettle admit to not being?
5. How does Jonathan treat the bellboys?
(a) As if they are invisible.
(b) He does not interact with them at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madame Rosepettle plan to meet at the end of Scene 1?
2. What is special about the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1?
3. Which character is best described as wealthy, bossy, and eccentric?
4. What is the occupation of the men coming into the hotel room?
5. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personality quirks of characters in Scene 1 are particularly shocking?
2. How does Madame Rosepettle react to her husband's mistress?
3. What does Madame Rosepettle give the bellboys as a tip? What does this tell you about Madame Rosepettle?
4. What is the last line of the play? How is this meaningful?
5. What is Rosalie's job? Does she enjoy it?
6. How do you explain Jonathan's decision to kill the fish and plants?
7. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
8. What role does the telescope play in Jonathan's relationship with Rosalie?
9. What is Madame Rosepettle's bedroom like? Does this describe what you would have expected?
10. Why is Madame Rosepettle particularly interested in the yacht in the harbor?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)