|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
2. What does Madame Rosepettle say about the tip she gives the bellboys?
(a) It is all she has.
(b) It is very valuable.
(c) They earned it with their hard work.
(d) They don't deserve it.
3. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
4. How would the plot of the first scene be described?
5. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Madame Rosepettle asks Jonathan to do something, what does he do?
2. When Madame Rosepettle speaks to her son, how does he answer her?
3. Who berates the men in the hotel room?
4. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle give the men as a tip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What attractive qualities do you think Rosalie sees in Jonathan?
2. How is Jonathan's loneliness described in Scene 2?
3. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle in return? What does this tell you about her character?
4. How does the theme of sexuality emerge in Scene 2?
5. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
6. What does the commodore think when Madame Rosepettle tells him about her husband?
7. Why does Jonathan bring up the topic of his mother's Venus flytraps?
8. How does Madame Rosepettle react to the commodore?
9. What are the families that Rosalie works for like?
10. Do you notice any strengths of Madame Rosepettle's character in Scene 1? If so, what are they?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)