|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
(a) A boat.
(b) A limo.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A mansion.
2. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
3. This play is a reaction to what artistic concept?
4. What does Madame Rosepettle give the men as a tip?
(b) Her plants.
(c) Stamps and coins.
(d) A blank check.
5. In what year is this play written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does Kopit use in the final few lines of Scene 1?
2. Who refuses to be satisfied with the men in her room?
3. Why does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
4. Which phrase best describes Jonathan in terms of his relationship with his mother?
5. Why does Madame Rosepettle complain to the bellboys about her piranha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between the third bellboy and Madame Rosepettle.
2. Based on Madame Rosepettle's assessment of Rosalie's character, do you think Rosalie is as innocent as she lets on?
3. Describe the setting of Scene 1.
4. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any light in the hotel room? Why is this ironic?
5. Do you think Madame Rosepettle is insane? Why or why not?
6. What are some of the ridiculous and absurd features in Scene 1?
7. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle in return? What does this tell you about her character?
8. What role does the telescope play in Jonathan's relationship with Rosalie?
9. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
10. What attractive qualities do you think Rosalie sees in Jonathan?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)