|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term is incorporated into many characters' names?
2. What is the title of the person who stands up for himself to Madame Rosepettle?
3. Who stands up for himself in the first act?
(b) The third bellboy.
(c) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) Albert Rosepettle.
4. Which word describes the hotel where Scene 1 takes place?
5. How does Madame Rosepettle seem to make others feel?
(a) Cared for.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is this play written?
2. On the surface, how is Madame Rosepettle defined?
3. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
4. How many lines does Jonathan have in Scene 1?
5. What disability does Jonathan struggle with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can you explain the minimal amount of reaction to corpses in Scene 3?
2. When does Jonathan kill Rosalie?
3. What attractive qualities do you think Rosalie sees in Jonathan?
4. From what you know in Scene 1, do you like Jonathan? Why or why not?
5. Are the characters of Rosalie and Madame Rosepettle similar in any way? How?
6. Why does Rosalie call Jonathan by the wrong name?
7. What does Madame Rosepettle give the bellboys as a tip? What does this tell you about Madame Rosepettle?
8. Do you think Madame Rosepettle is insane? Why or why not?
9. Why does Madame Rosepettle refer to Jonathan by different names each time she speaks to him?
10. How does Madame Rosepettle treat the bellboys in Scene 1?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)