|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does the play take place?
(b) The United States.
2. Which character can be described as forceful and rude?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(c) The bellboy.
3. What is special about the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(a) He is the wealthiest person in the area.
(b) He has twenty children.
(c) He is a famous actor.
(d) He is the oldest man alive.
4. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any sunlight to enter the room?
(a) Jonathan has just had surgery.
(b) She doesn't wany anyone to see her.
(c) She is sensitive to sunlight.
(d) She is in mourning.
5. What quality does Madame Rosepettle admit to not being?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Rosepettle seem to make others feel?
2. What is the reaction from the men to the object in the hotel room?
3. Which term is incorporated into many characters' names?
4. What happens to the group of bellboys as more things are moved into the hotel room?
5. What disability does Jonathan struggle with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Madame Rosepettle treat the commodore with respect? Why or why not?
2. Why does Rosalie call Jonathan by the wrong name?
3. How does Madame Rosepettle react to the commodore?
4. Based on Madame Rosepettle's assessment of Rosalie's character, do you think Rosalie is as innocent as she lets on?
5. What is Commodore Roseabove like? Do you like him?
6. Do you think Madame Rosepettle is insane? Why or why not?
7. What has Madame Rosepettle done to her husband?
8. How is Rosalie's loneliness described in Scene 2?
9. What is Rosalie's job? Does she enjoy it?
10. At what point does Jonathan's father's body come out of the closet? Is this at an appropriate time, in terms of symbolism?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)