|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many lines does Jonathan have in Scene 1?
(b) Very few.
(d) He only has one long monologue.
2. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(b) His mother's handkerchief.
(c) The bedspread.
(d) His hand.
3. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
4. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
5. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A boat.
(d) A limo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object are the men moving into the hotel room?
2. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
3. What disability does Jonathan struggle with?
4. What is special about the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1?
5. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Madame Rosepettle is insane? Why or why not?
2. What attractive qualities do you think Rosalie sees in Jonathan?
3. Why does Madame Rosepettle get upset with the bellboys at the end of Scene 1?
4. Describe Jonathan and his surroundings at the beginning of Scene 3.
5. How can you explain the minimal amount of reaction to corpses in Scene 3?
6. At what point does Jonathan's father's body come out of the closet? Is this at an appropriate time, in terms of symbolism?
7. What is Madame Rosepettle's bedroom like? Does this describe what you would have expected?
8. What is Rosalie's job? Does she enjoy it?
9. Why did Madame Rosepettle decide to marry Albert Rosepettle?
10. What personality quirks of characters in Scene 1 are particularly shocking?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)