|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This play is a reaction to what artistic concept?
2. When Madame Rosepettle speaks to her son, how does he answer her?
3. Why does Madame Rosepettle complain to the bellboys about her piranha?
(a) They fed it the wrong kind of food.
(b) They didn't give it enough water.
(c) They put it too far away from her bed.
(d) They aren't paying attention to it.
4. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(b) The bedspread.
(c) His mother's handkerchief.
(d) His hand.
5. How would the plot of the first scene be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in Scene 1 seems to be most insane?
2. Who berates the men in the hotel room?
3. What is the reaction from the men to the object in the hotel room?
4. By the end of Scene 1, is Madame Rosepettle depicted as self-centered?
5. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author present Jonathan's character in Scene 1?
2. What is Rosalie's job? Does she enjoy it?
3. When does Jonathan kill Rosalie?
4. In what way is Jonathan passive-aggressive toward his mother?
5. Why does Madame Rosepettle refer to Jonathan by different names each time she speaks to him?
6. From the information given in Scene 2, is Rosalie a good or a bad influence on Jonathan?
7. Describe Jonathan and his surroundings at the beginning of Scene 3.
8. What is the last line of the play? How is this meaningful?
9. Do you like Rosalie? Why or why not?
10. How does Madame Rosepettle react to the commodore?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)