|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who berates the men in the hotel room?
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) Madame Rosepettle's parrot.
2. What literary technique does Kopit use in the final few lines of Scene 1?
3. What does Jonathan's relationship with his mother seem to be like?
(a) Mutually loving.
(b) Kind and cordial.
4. What is special about the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(a) He is the wealthiest person in the area.
(b) He is a famous actor.
(c) He has twenty children.
(d) He is the oldest man alive.
5. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the additional man arrive with in the hotel room?
2. Which phrase best describes Jonathan in terms of his relationship with his mother?
3. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
4. Which character can be described as forceful and rude?
5. How many men are moving the object?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
2. How can you explain the minimal amount of reaction to corpses in Scene 3?
3. In what way is Jonathan passive-aggressive toward his mother?
4. From the information given in Scene 2, is Rosalie a good or a bad influence on Jonathan?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle give the bellboys as a tip? What does this tell you about Madame Rosepettle?
6. How does the theme of sexuality emerge in Scene 2?
7. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle in return? What does this tell you about her character?
8. How does Madame Rosepettle react to her husband's mistress?
9. Why does Rosalie call Jonathan by the wrong name?
10. Why does Jonathan bring up the topic of his mother's Venus flytraps?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)