|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the men coming into the hotel room?
(b) Taxicab drivers.
(d) Hotel owners.
2. Who berates the men in the hotel room?
(a) Madame Rosepettle's parrot.
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
3. What happens to the object after something is broken off of it?
(b) It becomes much lighter.
(c) It is placed on the bed.
(d) It falls to the ground.
4. When Madame Rosepettle asks Jonathan to do something, what does he do?
(a) Talks rudely to her.
(c) Exactly what she tells him to do.
(d) The opposite.
5. What does Madame Rosepettle ask the bellboys about in the harbor?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A seal.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Rosepettle say about the tip she gives the bellboys?
2. In what country does the play take place?
3. What is the title of the person who stands up for himself to Madame Rosepettle?
4. How would the plot of the first scene be described?
5. According to Scene 1, why is Madame Rosepettle in mourning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Madame Rosepettle decide to marry Albert Rosepettle?
2. Based on Madame Rosepettle's assessment of Rosalie's character, do you think Rosalie is as innocent as she lets on?
3. How do you explain Jonathan's decision to kill the fish and plants?
4. What is Commodore Roseabove like? Do you like him?
5. How does Madame Rosepettle react to Rosalie being in Jonathan's room?
6. What personality quirks of characters in Scene 1 are particularly shocking?
7. Why does Madame Rosepettle get upset with the bellboys at the end of Scene 1?
8. Are the characters of Jonathan and the commodore similar? In what way?
9. How does Jonathan react to Madame Rosepettle in Scene 1?
10. How is Jonathan's loneliness described in Scene 2?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)