|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
2. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
3. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
(a) The bellboys.
(c) Albert Rosepettle.
(d) Her lover.
4. What does Madame Rosepettle say about the tip she gives the bellboys?
(a) They don't deserve it.
(b) They earned it with their hard work.
(c) It is very valuable.
(d) It is all she has.
5. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
(a) New York City.
(c) Her own home.
(d) Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
2. What does the additional man arrive with in the hotel room?
3. What does Madame Rosepettle's piranha eat?
4. How does Madame Rosepettle seem to make others feel?
5. Who stands up for himself in the first act?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madame Rosepettle give the bellboys as a tip? What does this tell you about Madame Rosepettle?
2. From the information given in Scene 2, is Rosalie a good or a bad influence on Jonathan?
3. How does Jonathan react to Madame Rosepettle in Scene 1?
4. What has Madame Rosepettle done to her husband?
5. Does Madame Rosepettle treat the commodore with respect? Why or why not?
6. How does Madame Rosepettle react to her husband's mistress?
7. Would you like to live the lifestyle Madame Rosepettle leads? Why or why not?
8. How does the theme of sexuality emerge in Scene 2?
9. What role does the telescope play in Jonathan's relationship with Rosalie?
10. Why do you think Madame Rosepettle never wants Jonathan to leave the hotel room?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)