|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
2. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
3. Where does the play take place?
(b) Buenos Aires.
4. What does Madame Rosepettle give the men as a tip?
(a) Stamps and coins.
(b) Her plants.
(d) A blank check.
5. Who scolds the men in the hotel room?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(c) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) Their boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would the plot of the first scene be described?
2. What is the occupation of the men coming into the hotel room?
3. Which character is best described as wealthy, bossy, and eccentric?
4. Who stands up for himself in the first act?
5. What word can describe the object the men are moving into the hotel room at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Jonathan kill Rosalie?
2. What are the families that Rosalie works for like?
3. Are the characters of Jonathan and the commodore similar? In what way?
4. Do you notice any strengths of Madame Rosepettle's character in Scene 1? If so, what are they?
5. Why do you think Madame Rosepettle never wants Jonathan to leave the hotel room?
6. How does Jonathan react to Madame Rosepettle in Scene 1?
7. In what way is Scene 3 dream-like?
8. How does Madame Rosepettle react to her husband's mistress?
9. What is the last line of the play? How is this meaningful?
10. What role does the telescope play in Jonathan's relationship with Rosalie?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)