|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author suggest will become Madame Rosepettle's next lover?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) One of the bellboys.
2. What happens to the object after something is broken off of it?
(a) It falls to the ground.
(c) It is placed on the bed.
(d) It becomes much lighter.
3. What breaks off of the object being moved by the men?
(b) A nameplate.
(d) A statuette.
4. Which term is incorporated into many characters' names?
5. In what country does the play take place?
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madame Rosepettle complain to the bellboys about her piranha?
2. Who scolds the men in the hotel room?
3. When Madame Rosepettle speaks to her son, how does he answer her?
4. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
5. According to Scene 1, why is Madame Rosepettle in mourning?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what you know in Scene 1, do you like Jonathan? Why or why not?
2. Are the characters of Jonathan and the commodore similar? In what way?
3. How does Madame Rosepettle react to her husband's mistress?
4. Why does Rosalie call Jonathan by the wrong name?
5. Does Madame Rosepettle treat the commodore with respect? Why or why not?
6. How does Madame Rosepettle react to the commodore?
7. What is Rosalie's job? Does she enjoy it?
8. What was extraordinary about Madame Rosepettle's pregnancy?
9. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
10. What are the families that Rosalie works for like?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)