|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breaks off of the object being moved by the men?
(b) A statuette.
(d) A nameplate.
2. Who does the author suggest will become Madame Rosepettle's next lover?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) One of the bellboys.
3. In what year is this play written?
4. What does Madame Rosepettle say about the tip she gives the bellboys?
(a) They earned it with their hard work.
(b) They don't deserve it.
(c) It is very valuable.
(d) It is all she has.
5. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A boat.
(c) A limo.
(d) A motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who berates the men in the hotel room?
2. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
3. What does Madame Rosepettle ask the bellboys about in the harbor?
4. How would the plot of the first scene be described?
5. Which term is incorporated into many characters' names?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jonathan bring up the topic of his mother's Venus flytraps?
2. The commodore's chair seems to move on its own in Scene 3. How do you explain this?
3. How does Madame Rosepettle treat the bellboys in Scene 1?
4. Describe Jonathan and his surroundings at the beginning of Scene 3.
5. What is the last line of the play? How is this meaningful?
6. What does the commodore think when Madame Rosepettle tells him about her husband?
7. Why does Madame Rosepettle get upset with the bellboys at the end of Scene 1?
8. Do you think Madame Rosepettle is insane? Why or why not?
9. How did Madame Rosepettle's husband finally die? Why did Madame Rosepettle find this funny?
10. What do you make of Jonathan's claim that he is fulfilled by his coin and stamp collections?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)