|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) He didn't understand his mother.
(b) He likes to doodle.
(c) He is being rebellious.
(d) He is making a map.
2. What does Madame Rosepettle's piranha eat?
3. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
4. How many men are moving the object?
5. What is special about the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(a) He is the wealthiest person in the area.
(b) He is the oldest man alive.
(c) He is a famous actor.
(d) He has twenty children.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
2. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
3. In what year is this play written?
4. When Madame Rosepettle speaks to her son, how does he answer her?
5. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Madame Rosepettle's bedroom like? Does this describe what you would have expected?
2. What attractive qualities do you think Rosalie sees in Jonathan?
3. How do you explain Jonathan's decision to kill the fish and plants?
4. How did Madame Rosepettle's husband finally die? Why did Madame Rosepettle find this funny?
5. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any light in the hotel room? Why is this ironic?
6. Why does Madame Rosepettle get upset with the bellboys at the end of Scene 1?
7. Based on Madame Rosepettle's assessment of Rosalie's character, do you think Rosalie is as innocent as she lets on?
8. Do you notice any strengths of Madame Rosepettle's character in Scene 1? If so, what are they?
9. Are the characters of Jonathan and the commodore similar? In what way?
10. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)