|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special about the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(a) He is the wealthiest person in the area.
(b) He is a famous actor.
(c) He is the oldest man alive.
(d) He has twenty children.
2. Which character can be described as forceful and rude?
(a) The bellboy.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
3. Which phrase best describes Jonathan in terms of his relationship with his mother?
(a) He feels protected by her.
(b) He is her best friend.
(c) He is becoming a rebellious adolescent.
(d) He stays in her shadow.
4. How does Jonathan treat the bellboys?
(a) As if they are invisible.
(b) He does not interact with them at all.
5. Which word describes the hotel where Scene 1 takes place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object are the men moving into the hotel room?
2. By the end of Scene 1, is Madame Rosepettle depicted as self-centered?
3. What breaks off of the object being moved by the men?
4. What does Madame Rosepettle give the men as a tip?
5. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are the characters of Jonathan and the commodore similar? In what way?
2. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
3. What does Madame Rosepettle give the bellboys as a tip? What does this tell you about Madame Rosepettle?
4. From what you know in Scene 1, do you like Jonathan? Why or why not?
5. What are the families that Rosalie works for like?
6. How can you explain the minimal amount of reaction to corpses in Scene 3?
7. What is Commodore Roseabove like? Do you like him?
8. Based on Madame Rosepettle's assessment of Rosalie's character, do you think Rosalie is as innocent as she lets on?
9. What do you make of Jonathan's claim that he is fulfilled by his coin and stamp collections?
10. What is the last line of the play? How is this meaningful?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)