|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any sunlight to enter the room?
(a) She is in mourning.
(b) Jonathan has just had surgery.
(c) She doesn't wany anyone to see her.
(d) She is sensitive to sunlight.
2. What breaks off of the object being moved by the men?
(b) A nameplate.
(d) A statuette.
3. Who does the author suggest will become Madame Rosepettle's next lover?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(c) One of the bellboys.
4. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle ask the bellboys about in the harbor?
(a) A yacht.
(b) A seal.
(c) A castle.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
2. On the surface, how is Madame Rosepettle defined?
3. Who does Madame Rosepettle plan to meet at the end of Scene 1?
4. In what country does the play take place?
5. What happens to the group of bellboys as more things are moved into the hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Scene 3 dream-like?
2. What role does the telescope play in Jonathan's relationship with Rosalie?
3. What are your initial perceptions of Rosalie?
4. In what way is Jonathan passive-aggressive toward his mother?
5. When does Jonathan kill Rosalie?
6. How can you explain the minimal amount of reaction to corpses in Scene 3?
7. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
8. Do you think Madame Rosepettle is insane? Why or why not?
9. What is Commodore Roseabove like? Do you like him?
10. What impact does Jonathan's speech impediment have on readers' perceptions of his character?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)