|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan's relationship with his mother seem to be like?
(b) Mutually loving.
(d) Kind and cordial.
2. By the end of Scene 1, is Madame Rosepettle depicted as self-centered?
(a) Yes, but Kopit did not intend for readers to see her this way.
(b) It is unclear.
(d) Yes, it is clear that Kopit intended her to be depicted this way.
3. What happens to the object after something is broken off of it?
(a) It becomes much lighter.
(c) It is placed on the bed.
(d) It falls to the ground.
4. Which character in Scene 1 seems to be most insane?
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The hotel owner.
5. Who does Madame Rosepettle tell to make a note to have the bellboys fired?
(a) Her husband.
(d) Commodore Roseabove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Rosepettle give the men as a tip?
2. How would the plot of the first scene be described?
3. When Madame Rosepettle speaks to her son, how does he answer her?
4. Who does Madame Rosepettle plan to meet at the end of Scene 1?
5. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madame Rosepettle react to the commodore?
2. How is Rosalie's loneliness described in Scene 2?
3. What do you make of Jonathan's claim that he is fulfilled by his coin and stamp collections?
4. How does Jonathan react to Madame Rosepettle in Scene 1?
5. In what way is Jonathan passive-aggressive toward his mother?
6. What are the families that Rosalie works for like?
7. How does Madame Rosepettle treat the bellboys in Scene 1?
8. Why does Madame Rosepettle get upset with the bellboys at the end of Scene 1?
9. What does Madame Rosepettle want to teach Jonathan about how to treat other people?
10. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle in return? What does this tell you about her character?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)