|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This play is a reaction to what artistic concept?
2. How does Madame Rosepettle seem to make others feel?
(c) Cared for.
3. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
(a) A limo.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A boat.
4. In what year is this play written?
5. What happens to the object after something is broken off of it?
(a) It is placed on the bed.
(b) It falls to the ground.
(d) It becomes much lighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who berates the men in the hotel room?
2. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
3. Who stands up for himself in the first act?
4. What word can describe the object the men are moving into the hotel room at the beginning of the play?
5. According to Scene 1, why is Madame Rosepettle in mourning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are the characters of Rosalie and Madame Rosepettle similar in any way? How?
2. Describe the setting of Scene 1.
3. Why do many characters have "rose" incorporated into their names? What do you think this symbolizes?
4. Describe Jonathan and his surroundings at the beginning of Scene 3.
5. What is Madame Rosepettle's bedroom like? Does this describe what you would have expected?
6. How can you explain the minimal amount of reaction to corpses in Scene 3?
7. Based on Madame Rosepettle's assessment of Rosalie's character, do you think Rosalie is as innocent as she lets on?
8. How is Jonathan's loneliness described in Scene 2?
9. How does Scene 2 end?
10. What role does the telescope play in Jonathan's relationship with Rosalie?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)