|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Madame Rosepettle speaks to her son, how does he answer her?
2. This play is a reaction to what artistic concept?
3. Which word describes the hotel where Scene 1 takes place?
4. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
5. Does Jonathan deliberately try to make the bellboys upset?
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Yes, and he does succeed.
(d) Yes, but he does not succeed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
2. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
3. Why does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
4. What is the reaction from the men to the object in the hotel room?
5. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was extraordinary about Madame Rosepettle's pregnancy?
2. What role does the telescope play in Jonathan's relationship with Rosalie?
3. What do you make of Jonathan's fear of leaving his hotel room?
4. Why does Madame Rosepettle refer to Jonathan by different names each time she speaks to him?
5. How does Madame Rosepettle treat the bellboys in Scene 1?
6. What does Madame Rosepettle give the bellboys as a tip? What does this tell you about Madame Rosepettle?
7. How does Jonathan react to Madame Rosepettle in Scene 1?
8. In what way is Jonathan passive-aggressive toward his mother?
9. At what point does Jonathan's father's body come out of the closet? Is this at an appropriate time, in terms of symbolism?
10. What are some of the ridiculous and absurd features in Scene 1?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)