|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
2. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
3. Why does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) He likes to doodle.
(b) He is being rebellious.
(c) He is making a map.
(d) He didn't understand his mother.
4. Which character in Scene 1 seems to be most insane?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The hotel owner.
5. What is the title of the person who stands up for himself to Madame Rosepettle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
2. In what year is this play written?
3. Who does Madame Rosepettle plan to meet at the end of Scene 1?
4. What happens to the group of bellboys as more things are moved into the hotel room?
5. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
Short Essay Questions
1. The commodore's chair seems to move on its own in Scene 3. How do you explain this?
2. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any light in the hotel room? Why is this ironic?
3. Are the characters of Jonathan and the commodore similar? In what way?
4. Are the characters of Rosalie and Madame Rosepettle similar in any way? How?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle give the bellboys as a tip? What does this tell you about Madame Rosepettle?
6. Why did Madame Rosepettle decide to marry Albert Rosepettle?
7. How does Madame Rosepettle treat the bellboys in Scene 1?
8. What does the commodore think when Madame Rosepettle tells him about her husband?
9. Why do you think Madame Rosepettle never wants Jonathan to leave the hotel room?
10. What does Madame Rosepettle want to teach Jonathan about how to treat other people?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)