|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the additional man arrive with in the hotel room?
(a) A Dictaphone.
(b) A television.
(d) A suitcase.
2. By the end of Scene 1, is Madame Rosepettle depicted as self-centered?
(b) Yes, but Kopit did not intend for readers to see her this way.
(c) Yes, it is clear that Kopit intended her to be depicted this way.
(d) It is unclear.
3. What happens to the object after something is broken off of it?
(a) It becomes much lighter.
(b) It falls to the ground.
(d) It is placed on the bed.
4. Which phrase best describes Jonathan in terms of his relationship with his mother?
(a) He stays in her shadow.
(b) He feels protected by her.
(c) He is becoming a rebellious adolescent.
(d) He is her best friend.
5. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does Madame Rosepettle admit to not being?
2. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
3. When Madame Rosepettle asks Jonathan to do something, what does he do?
4. How many men are moving the object?
5. Which character in Scene 1 seems to be most insane?
Short Essay Questions
1. The commodore's chair seems to move on its own in Scene 3. How do you explain this?
2. Do you notice any strengths of Madame Rosepettle's character in Scene 1? If so, what are they?
3. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any light in the hotel room? Why is this ironic?
4. How does the theme of sexuality emerge in Scene 2?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle give the bellboys as a tip? What does this tell you about Madame Rosepettle?
6. From the information given in Scene 2, is Rosalie a good or a bad influence on Jonathan?
7. How does Madame Rosepettle treat the bellboys in Scene 1?
8. What is Madame Rosepettle's bedroom like? Does this describe what you would have expected?
9. Would you like to live the lifestyle Madame Rosepettle leads? Why or why not?
10. Why is Madame Rosepettle particularly interested in the yacht in the harbor?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)