|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word accurately describes the parents of the children Rosalie is with when Jonathan first sees her?
2. Which character likely has the most active life in this play?
(b) Commodore Roseabove.
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
3. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) Sitting and talking.
(d) Playing a game.
4. How does Jonathan react when Rosalie calls him by a different name?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He tells her he likes it.
(d) He starts crying.
5. What was Rosalie doing with the children when Jonathan first saw her?
(b) Eating ice cream.
(c) Going to school.
6. Who leaves the hotel room first at the end of Scene 2?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(c) The bellboy.
7. What is Rosalie's reaction to the conversation with Jonathan?
(a) She is fascinated.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She thinks it is funny.
8. What does Rosalie invite Jonathan to do in the evenings?
(a) Go to dinner.
(b) Swim in the pool.
(c) Visit her.
(d) Walk on the beach.
9. After his reaction to being called a different name, what does Jonathan do?
(a) Continues to talk.
(b) Calls his mother.
(c) Writes the name down.
(d) Runs out of the room.
10. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
(b) Her own.
(c) The hotel owner's.
(d) Her ex-husband's.
11. Rosalie tells Jonathan she feels lonely when she does what?
(c) Goes to sleep at night.
12. Why did Jonathan originally make the object he uses to watch Rosalie?
(a) To go birdwatching.
(b) To sell it and become rich.
(c) To give to his mother as a gift.
(d) To watch airplanes.
13. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) He wants to kiss her.
(b) It is a sign they should get married.
(c) She is being mean.
(d) He loves her.
14. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle?
(a) She is moving across the country.
(b) She wishes Madame Rosepettle was her mother.
(c) She wants to have children.
(d) She shouldn't keep her son locked up.
15. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie about in the hotel room?
(a) His mother's Venus flytraps.
(b) The toilet.
(c) The mattresses.
(d) The television.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes before Scene 2 opens?
2. Which word describes how Rosalie appears on the surface?
3. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
4. What does Madame Rosepettle call Jonathan in Scene 2?
5. What does Rosalie call Jonathan?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)