|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Jonathan's conversation with Rosalie best be described?
(d) Awkward and hurried.
2. Why won't Jonathan leave the hotel room?
(a) He is watching his mother's cat.
(b) He likes the room.
(c) His mother would not approve.
(d) He is afraid of the sunshine.
3. What does Jonathan say he finds particularly fulfilling?
(a) His relationship with Madame Rosepettle.
(b) His stamp collection.
(c) Watching birds.
4. What does Jonathan find out after he tells Rosalie he watches her?
(a) That Rosalie is not interested in him.
(b) That Rosalie is engaged.
(c) That Rosalie has known it for a long time.
(d) That Rosalie does not watch him.
5. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie about in the hotel room?
(a) The mattresses.
(b) The toilet.
(c) His mother's Venus flytraps.
(d) The television.
6. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) The beach.
(c) In the hotel room.
(d) In the hotel diningroom.
7. How much time passes before Scene 2 opens?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) A few hours.
8. What does Kopit indicate Rosalie yearns for?
(a) A boat.
(b) A mother like Madame Rosepettle.
(c) A rich husband.
(d) A family of her own.
9. How many children are with Rosalie when Jonathan first sees her?
(c) It is unclear.
10. Which of the following words does not describe Jonathan's character?
11. How does Rosalie communicate with parents of the children she is with?
(a) She doesn't communicate with them at all.
(b) On the phone.
(c) Through letters.
12. What does Madame Rosepettle call Jonathan in Scene 2?
(a) Her 'beloved' son.
(b) A 'dream'.
13. What was Rosalie doing with the children when Jonathan first saw her?
(c) Eating ice cream.
(d) Going to school.
14. What does Rosalie try to do after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) Kiss Jonathan.
(b) Hug Madame Rosepettle.
(c) Leave out the window.
(d) Unlock the door.
15. What does Jonathan do as he is speaking with Rosalie in Scene 2?
(a) Waters the plants.
(d) Washes his hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes Jonathan's decisions for him?
2. What does Rosalie do when Jonathan refuses her invitation?
3. After his reaction to being called a different name, what does Jonathan do?
4. Who storms into the room after the cuckoo clock chirps?
5. What does Rosalie invite Jonathan to do in the evenings?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)