|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word accurately describes the parents of the children Rosalie is with when Jonathan first sees her?
2. What was Rosalie doing with the children when Jonathan first saw her?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Eating ice cream.
3. What does Kopit intend the telescope in Scene 2 to symbolize?
(a) His mother.
(b) His love for stars.
(c) Sexual awareness.
(d) The future.
4. Why did Jonathan originally make the object he uses to watch Rosalie?
(a) To go birdwatching.
(b) To watch airplanes.
(c) To sell it and become rich.
(d) To give to his mother as a gift.
5. What does Madame Rosepettle call Jonathan in Scene 2?
(a) A 'dream'.
(d) Her 'beloved' son.
6. Jonathan's mother wants him to be ________ but won't _________________.
(a) Confident; compliment him.
(b) Rich; let him get a job.
(c) A father; let him date.
(d) Great; let him into the world.
7. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
(c) Sitting and talking.
(d) Playing a game.
8. Who leaves the hotel room second at the end of Scene 2?
(a) No one.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
9. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
(a) An angel.
(b) A cheat.
(c) A genius.
(d) A slut.
10. After his reaction to being called a different name, what does Jonathan do?
(a) Runs out of the room.
(b) Continues to talk.
(c) Calls his mother.
(d) Writes the name down.
11. What does Rosalie think of the parents of the children she spends time with?
(a) They are good listeners.
(b) They should not have custody of their children.
(c) That they are great parents.
(d) They should let Rosalie keep them all the time.
12. Which word describes how Rosalie appears on the surface?
13. Which character likely has the most active life in this play?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
14. What does Jonathan say he finds particularly fulfilling?
(a) Watching birds.
(b) His stamp collection.
(d) His relationship with Madame Rosepettle.
15. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
(a) Her ex-husband's.
(c) Her own.
(d) The hotel owner's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the cuckoo clock chirp in Scene 2?
2. What does Jonathan use to watch Rosalie?
3. What does Rosalie do when Jonathan refuses her invitation?
4. What is Jonathan's reaction when Rosalie invites Jonathan to do something with her in the evenings?
5. Who leaves the hotel room first at the end of Scene 2?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)