|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) She is being mean.
(b) He wants to kiss her.
(c) It is a sign they should get married.
(d) He loves her.
2. Which of the following words does not describe Rosalie?
3. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
(a) Family ties and forgiveness.
(b) Sexuality and loneliness.
(c) Solace and growth.
(d) Self-respect and compassion for others.
4. Which character is experiencing a budding sexual awareness in Scene 2?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(c) Albert Rosepettle.
5. Why does Jonathan offer to make something for Rosalie?
(a) So she will feel obligated to him.
(b) So they can spend more time together.
(c) So she can watch him too.
(d) So she won't ever forget him.
6. Which word describes how Rosalie appears on the surface?
7. Why won't Jonathan leave the hotel room?
(a) His mother would not approve.
(b) He is watching his mother's cat.
(c) He likes the room.
(d) He is afraid of the sunshine.
8. How many times does the cuckoo clock chirp in Scene 2?
9. How does Rosalie communicate with parents of the children she is with?
(a) She doesn't communicate with them at all.
(c) On the phone.
(d) Through letters.
10. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie he does when he is on the porch?
(a) Thinks about how much he loves his mother.
(b) Sing out loud.
(c) Sit and watch her.
(d) Makes his own clothes.
11. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) The beach.
(b) In the hotel diningroom.
(c) In the hotel room.
12. What is Rosalie's reaction to the conversation with Jonathan?
(a) She is fascinated.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She thinks it is funny.
(d) She is disgusted.
13. How much time does Jonathan spend in the place he goes outside his hotel room?
(a) All morning.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Twelve hours each day.
(d) Ten minutes each day.
14. How many children are with Rosalie when Jonathan first sees her?
(b) It is unclear.
15. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
(c) Sitting and talking.
(d) Playing a game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What parental act are the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with sure to enforce?
2. Who leaves the hotel room second at the end of Scene 2?
3. What does Jonathan do as he is speaking with Rosalie in Scene 2?
4. Which word accurately describes the parents of the children Rosalie is with when Jonathan first sees her?
5. What does Jonathan say he finds particularly fulfilling?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)