|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the hotel room second at the end of Scene 2?
(a) No one.
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
2. How does Jonathan react when Rosalie calls him by a different name?
(a) He tells her he likes it.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He starts crying.
3. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
(a) Like her own daughter.
(b) Like a guest.
4. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
5. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie he does when he is on the porch?
(a) Sing out loud.
(b) Thinks about how much he loves his mother.
(c) Sit and watch her.
(d) Makes his own clothes.
6. What does Rosalie invite Jonathan to do in the evenings?
(a) Walk on the beach.
(b) Swim in the pool.
(c) Visit her.
(d) Go to dinner.
7. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) Sitting and talking.
(d) Playing a game.
8. Rosalie tells Jonathan she feels lonely when she does what?
(c) Goes to sleep at night.
9. What does Rosalie do when Jonathan refuses her invitation?
(a) She turns away from him and cries.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) She asks him why.
10. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
(b) The hotel owner's.
(c) Her own.
(d) Her ex-husband's.
11. How much time passes before Scene 2 opens?
(a) A few hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) One year.
12. What was Rosalie doing with the children when Jonathan first saw her?
(c) Eating ice cream.
(d) Going to school.
13. Why did Jonathan originally make the object he uses to watch Rosalie?
(a) To watch airplanes.
(b) To give to his mother as a gift.
(c) To sell it and become rich.
(d) To go birdwatching.
14. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle?
(a) She wants to have children.
(b) She shouldn't keep her son locked up.
(c) She wishes Madame Rosepettle was her mother.
(d) She is moving across the country.
15. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) The beach.
(c) In the hotel room.
(d) In the hotel diningroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosalie's reaction to the conversation with Jonathan?
2. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
3. Which word accurately describes the parents of the children Rosalie is with when Jonathan first sees her?
4. Which of the following words does not describe Rosalie?
5. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)