|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the cuckoo clock chirp in Scene 2?
2. Which of the following words does not describe Rosalie?
3. What does Jonathan use to watch Rosalie?
(b) A kaleidoscope.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A magnifying glass.
4. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
(a) Solace and growth.
(b) Family ties and forgiveness.
(c) Self-respect and compassion for others.
(d) Sexuality and loneliness.
5. Who makes Jonathan's decisions for him?
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) Jonathan's father.
6. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
(b) Wild animals.
7. How much time does Jonathan spend in the place he goes outside his hotel room?
(a) Twelve hours each day.
(b) All morning.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) Ten minutes each day.
8. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) The beach.
(c) In the hotel room.
(d) In the hotel diningroom.
9. What does Kopit intend the telescope in Scene 2 to symbolize?
(a) The future.
(b) His mother.
(c) His love for stars.
(d) Sexual awareness.
10. Which word accurately describes the parents of the children Rosalie is with when Jonathan first sees her?
11. How old is Rosalie?
(c) About Jonathan's age.
(d) It is unclear.
12. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie about in the hotel room?
(a) The mattresses.
(b) His mother's Venus flytraps.
(c) The toilet.
(d) The television.
13. Where has Jonathan gone since the end of Scene 1?
(a) Only the porch.
(d) The beach and back.
14. What does Jonathan do in the place he has gone outside of his hotel room?
(a) Watches girls.
(b) Practices his waltz.
(c) Cares for the pigeons.
(d) Pretends he is the president.
15. What does Rosalie try to do after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) Leave out the window.
(b) Kiss Jonathan.
(c) Unlock the door.
(d) Hug Madame Rosepettle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rosalie tells Jonathan she feels lonely when she does what?
2. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
3. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
4. What does Madame Rosepettle call Jonathan in Scene 2?
5. What does Rosalie think of the parents of the children she spends time with?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)