|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jonathan offer to make something for Rosalie?
(a) So she won't ever forget him.
(b) So she can watch him too.
(c) So she will feel obligated to him.
(d) So they can spend more time together.
2. How much time passes before Scene 2 opens?
(a) A few hours.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) It is unclear.
3. What is Rosalie's reaction to the conversation with Jonathan?
(a) She thinks it is funny.
(b) She is fascinated.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is disgusted.
4. What was Rosalie doing with the children when Jonathan first saw her?
(a) Eating ice cream.
(b) Going to school.
5. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) She is being mean.
(b) He wants to kiss her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) It is a sign they should get married.
6. What does Kopit intend the telescope in Scene 2 to symbolize?
(a) His mother.
(b) Sexual awareness.
(c) His love for stars.
(d) The future.
7. What does Madame Rosepettle call Jonathan in Scene 2?
(b) Her 'beloved' son.
(c) A 'dream'.
8. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie he does when he is on the porch?
(a) Sit and watch her.
(b) Thinks about how much he loves his mother.
(c) Sing out loud.
(d) Makes his own clothes.
9. Who makes Jonathan's decisions for him?
(b) Jonathan's father.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
10. Which word describes how Rosalie appears on the surface?
11. How can Jonathan's conversation with Rosalie best be described?
(a) Awkward and hurried.
12. Jonathan's mother wants him to be ________ but won't _________________.
(a) A father; let him date.
(b) Great; let him into the world.
(c) Confident; compliment him.
(d) Rich; let him get a job.
13. What does Jonathan do as he is speaking with Rosalie in Scene 2?
(c) Waters the plants.
(d) Washes his hands.
14. Who leaves the hotel room first at the end of Scene 2?
(a) The bellboy.
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
15. Why did Jonathan originally make the object he uses to watch Rosalie?
(a) To give to his mother as a gift.
(b) To sell it and become rich.
(c) To go birdwatching.
(d) To watch airplanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
2. What does Jonathan do in the place he has gone outside of his hotel room?
3. How does Rosalie communicate with parents of the children she is with?
4. Why hasn't Rosalie ever met the parents of the children Rosalie is with?
5. What does Jonathan say locks him in the room?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)