|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan find out after he tells Rosalie he watches her?
(a) That Rosalie is not interested in him.
(b) That Rosalie is engaged.
(c) That Rosalie does not watch him.
(d) That Rosalie has known it for a long time.
2. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
(b) Sitting and talking.
(d) Playing a game.
3. What was Rosalie doing with the children when Jonathan first saw her?
(a) Eating ice cream.
(b) Going to school.
4. What parental act are the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with sure to enforce?
(a) Playing with the children.
(b) Remembering their children's names.
(c) Putting the children to bed.
(d) Feeding the children.
5. Which character is experiencing a budding sexual awareness in Scene 2?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) Albert Rosepettle.
6. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
(a) Family ties and forgiveness.
(b) Self-respect and compassion for others.
(c) Sexuality and loneliness.
(d) Solace and growth.
7. What does Rosalie call Jonathan?
8. Which of the following words does not describe Jonathan's character?
9. What can the audience see that Jonathan wishes for in Scene 2?
(a) A mother like Madame Rosepettle.
(b) A family and children with Rosalie.
(c) A longer time to stay at the hotel.
(d) A new telescope.
10. What does Jonathan do as he is speaking with Rosalie in Scene 2?
(a) Washes his hands.
(c) Waters the plants.
11. Rosalie tells Jonathan she feels lonely when she does what?
(a) Goes to sleep at night.
12. What does Rosalie think of the parents of the children she spends time with?
(a) They should let Rosalie keep them all the time.
(b) That they are great parents.
(c) They are good listeners.
(d) They should not have custody of their children.
13. How much time does Jonathan spend in the place he goes outside his hotel room?
(a) All morning.
(b) Ten minutes each day.
(c) Twelve hours each day.
(d) It is unclear.
14. Who leaves the hotel room first at the end of Scene 2?
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The bellboy.
15. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
2. Which character likely has the most active life in this play?
3. Who leaves the hotel room second at the end of Scene 2?
4. Which word accurately describes the parents of the children Rosalie is with when Jonathan first sees her?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)