|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jonathan react when Rosalie calls him by a different name?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He tells her he likes it.
(d) He is upset.
2. What is Rosalie's reaction to the conversation with Jonathan?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She thinks it is funny.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is fascinated.
3. Why does Jonathan offer to make something for Rosalie?
(a) So they can spend more time together.
(b) So she can watch him too.
(c) So she will feel obligated to him.
(d) So she won't ever forget him.
4. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) She is being mean.
(b) It is a sign they should get married.
(c) He wants to kiss her.
(d) He loves her.
5. What does Rosalie think of the parents of the children she spends time with?
(a) They should let Rosalie keep them all the time.
(b) They should not have custody of their children.
(c) They are good listeners.
(d) That they are great parents.
6. What does Rosalie try to do after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) Hug Madame Rosepettle.
(b) Leave out the window.
(c) Unlock the door.
(d) Kiss Jonathan.
7. Why hasn't Rosalie ever met the parents of the children Rosalie is with?
(a) They are in the hospital.
(b) The author doesn't say why.
(c) They are important politicians.
(d) They are working all the time.
8. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
(b) Sitting and talking.
(c) Playing a game.
9. How many times does the cuckoo clock chirp in Scene 2?
10. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
(a) Like a guest.
(d) Like her own daughter.
11. What does Jonathan find out after he tells Rosalie he watches her?
(a) That Rosalie has known it for a long time.
(b) That Rosalie is engaged.
(c) That Rosalie does not watch him.
(d) That Rosalie is not interested in him.
12. What does Jonathan offer to make Rosalie?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A kaleidoscope.
(c) A necklace.
13. How does Rosalie communicate with parents of the children she is with?
(a) On the phone.
(b) Through letters.
(c) She doesn't communicate with them at all.
14. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle?
(a) She wants to have children.
(b) She shouldn't keep her son locked up.
(c) She wishes Madame Rosepettle was her mother.
(d) She is moving across the country.
15. What parental act are the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with sure to enforce?
(a) Putting the children to bed.
(b) Feeding the children.
(c) Remembering their children's names.
(d) Playing with the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes Jonathan's decisions for him?
2. Who storms into the room after the cuckoo clock chirps?
3. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
4. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
5. Which character is experiencing a budding sexual awareness in Scene 2?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)