|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jonathan offer to make something for Rosalie?
(a) So she won't ever forget him.
(b) So they can spend more time together.
(c) So she can watch him too.
(d) So she will feel obligated to him.
2. How does Jonathan react when Rosalie calls him by a different name?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He tells her he likes it.
3. Why did Jonathan originally make the object he uses to watch Rosalie?
(a) To sell it and become rich.
(b) To give to his mother as a gift.
(c) To watch airplanes.
(d) To go birdwatching.
4. Which character likely has the most active life in this play?
(b) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
5. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle?
(a) She wishes Madame Rosepettle was her mother.
(b) She wants to have children.
(c) She shouldn't keep her son locked up.
(d) She is moving across the country.
6. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
(a) The hotel owner's.
(b) Her own.
(d) Her ex-husband's.
7. How does Rosalie communicate with parents of the children she is with?
(a) She doesn't communicate with them at all.
(b) On the phone.
(d) Through letters.
8. Why won't Jonathan leave the hotel room?
(a) He is afraid of the sunshine.
(b) He is watching his mother's cat.
(c) He likes the room.
(d) His mother would not approve.
9. How many times does the cuckoo clock chirp in Scene 2?
10. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
(a) Solace and growth.
(b) Family ties and forgiveness.
(c) Sexuality and loneliness.
(d) Self-respect and compassion for others.
11. What parental act are the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with sure to enforce?
(a) Feeding the children.
(b) Playing with the children.
(c) Remembering their children's names.
(d) Putting the children to bed.
12. What is Rosalie's reaction to the conversation with Jonathan?
(a) She is fascinated.
(b) She thinks it is funny.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is disgusted.
13. What does Rosalie try to do after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) Hug Madame Rosepettle.
(b) Kiss Jonathan.
(c) Unlock the door.
(d) Leave out the window.
14. What is the difference between Madame Rosepettle and the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with?
(a) Madame Rosepettle wants her child to have a fulfilling life.
(b) Madame Rosepettle cannot remember her child's name.
(c) Madame Rosepettle encourages her child's accomplishments.
(d) Madame Rosepettle is more concerned about her child's happiness.
15. Which of the following words does not describe Jonathan's character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who storms into the room after the cuckoo clock chirps?
2. What does Jonathan say he finds particularly fulfilling?
3. What does Rosalie invite Jonathan to do in the evenings?
4. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
5. Jonathan's mother wants him to be ________ but won't _________________.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)