|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan's mother wants him to be ________ but won't _________________.
(a) Rich; let him get a job.
(b) Great; let him into the world.
(c) Confident; compliment him.
(d) A father; let him date.
2. Who storms into the room after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) Albert Rosepettle.
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) Commodore Roseabove.
3. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
(c) Like her own daughter.
(d) Like a guest.
4. What does Jonathan offer to make Rosalie?
(a) A kaleidoscope.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A necklace.
5. What does Rosalie invite Jonathan to do in the evenings?
(a) Visit her.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Walk on the beach.
(d) Swim in the pool.
6. What does Rosalie call Jonathan?
7. What does Kopit indicate Rosalie yearns for?
(a) A boat.
(b) A rich husband.
(c) A family of her own.
(d) A mother like Madame Rosepettle.
8. How does Jonathan react when Rosalie calls him by a different name?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He tells her he likes it.
9. How does Rosalie communicate with parents of the children she is with?
(a) On the phone.
(b) Through letters.
(c) She doesn't communicate with them at all.
10. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
(a) An angel.
(b) A genius.
(c) A cheat.
(d) A slut.
11. Why hasn't Rosalie ever met the parents of the children Rosalie is with?
(a) The author doesn't say why.
(b) They are important politicians.
(c) They are in the hospital.
(d) They are working all the time.
12. Which of the following words does not describe Jonathan's character?
13. Who has been listening to the conversation between Rosalie and Jonathan from the other room?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(b) Albert Rosepettle.
(c) The bellboys.
(d) Commodore Roseabove.
14. Why did Jonathan originally make the object he uses to watch Rosalie?
(a) To give to his mother as a gift.
(b) To go birdwatching.
(c) To watch airplanes.
(d) To sell it and become rich.
15. Which character likely has the most active life in this play?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan say he finds particularly fulfilling?
2. Why does Jonathan offer to make something for Rosalie?
3. What can the audience see that Jonathan wishes for in Scene 2?
4. How many children are with Rosalie when Jonathan first sees her?
5. What does Jonathan say locks him in the room?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)