|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
(a) Solace and growth.
(b) Self-respect and compassion for others.
(c) Sexuality and loneliness.
(d) Family ties and forgiveness.
2. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
(a) Like a guest.
(c) Like her own daughter.
3. Who storms into the room after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) Albert Rosepettle.
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) Commodore Roseabove.
4. What does Jonathan say he finds particularly fulfilling?
(a) His stamp collection.
(b) Watching birds.
(c) His relationship with Madame Rosepettle.
5. Jonathan's mother wants him to be ________ but won't _________________.
(a) Great; let him into the world.
(b) Confident; compliment him.
(c) A father; let him date.
(d) Rich; let him get a job.
6. What parental act are the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with sure to enforce?
(a) Remembering their children's names.
(b) Playing with the children.
(c) Putting the children to bed.
(d) Feeding the children.
7. What can the audience see that Jonathan wishes for in Scene 2?
(a) A longer time to stay at the hotel.
(b) A new telescope.
(c) A family and children with Rosalie.
(d) A mother like Madame Rosepettle.
8. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle?
(a) She wants to have children.
(b) She wishes Madame Rosepettle was her mother.
(c) She shouldn't keep her son locked up.
(d) She is moving across the country.
9. How many children are with Rosalie when Jonathan first sees her?
(d) It is unclear.
10. How much time passes before Scene 2 opens?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) A few hours.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
11. What is the difference between Madame Rosepettle and the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with?
(a) Madame Rosepettle wants her child to have a fulfilling life.
(b) Madame Rosepettle is more concerned about her child's happiness.
(c) Madame Rosepettle cannot remember her child's name.
(d) Madame Rosepettle encourages her child's accomplishments.
12. How can Jonathan's conversation with Rosalie best be described?
(c) Awkward and hurried.
13. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
(a) A cheat.
(b) A slut.
(c) An angel.
(d) A genius.
14. What does Rosalie call Jonathan?
15. What does Madame Rosepettle call Jonathan in Scene 2?
(a) A 'dream'.
(b) Her 'beloved' son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan say locks him in the room?
2. What is Jonathan's reaction when Rosalie invites Jonathan to do something with her in the evenings?
3. How does Jonathan react when Rosalie calls him by a different name?
4. Who leaves the hotel room first at the end of Scene 2?
5. Who has been listening to the conversation between Rosalie and Jonathan from the other room?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)