|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
(a) Like a guest.
(c) Like her own daughter.
2. What does Rosalie invite Jonathan to do in the evenings?
(a) Go to dinner.
(b) Swim in the pool.
(c) Visit her.
(d) Walk on the beach.
3. How does Jonathan react when Rosalie calls him by a different name?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He tells her he likes it.
(c) He starts crying.
(d) He laughs.
4. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He wants to kiss her.
(c) She is being mean.
(d) It is a sign they should get married.
5. Who has been listening to the conversation between Rosalie and Jonathan from the other room?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
(c) Albert Rosepettle.
(d) The bellboys.
6. Rosalie tells Jonathan she feels lonely when she does what?
(b) Goes to sleep at night.
7. What does Jonathan say locks him in the room?
(a) Birds, fish, and cats.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) Coins, stamps, and plants.
(d) Fruits and vegetables.
8. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
(b) The beach.
(c) In the hotel room.
(d) In the hotel diningroom.
9. What is Rosalie's reaction to the conversation with Jonathan?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is fascinated.
(c) She thinks it is funny.
(d) She is bored.
10. What was Rosalie doing with the children when Jonathan first saw her?
(c) Going to school.
(d) Eating ice cream.
11. What does Jonathan use to watch Rosalie?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A magnifying glass.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
12. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
(b) Playing a game.
(d) Sitting and talking.
13. Which word describes how Rosalie appears on the surface?
14. How much time does Jonathan spend in the place he goes outside his hotel room?
(a) Twelve hours each day.
(b) All morning.
(c) Ten minutes each day.
(d) It is unclear.
15. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rosalie?
2. Which of the following words does not describe Rosalie?
3. Which character is experiencing a budding sexual awareness in Scene 2?
4. Which character likely has the most active life in this play?
5. Why does Jonathan offer to make something for Rosalie?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)