|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rosalie tells Jonathan she feels lonely when she does what?
(a) Goes to sleep at night.
2. What does Rosalie call Jonathan?
3. How can Jonathan's conversation with Rosalie best be described?
(a) Awkward and hurried.
4. After his reaction to being called a different name, what does Jonathan do?
(a) Calls his mother.
(b) Continues to talk.
(c) Runs out of the room.
(d) Writes the name down.
5. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie he does when he is on the porch?
(a) Makes his own clothes.
(b) Sing out loud.
(c) Sit and watch her.
(d) Thinks about how much he loves his mother.
6. What can the audience see that Jonathan wishes for in Scene 2?
(a) A longer time to stay at the hotel.
(b) A mother like Madame Rosepettle.
(c) A family and children with Rosalie.
(d) A new telescope.
7. What parental act are the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with sure to enforce?
(a) Remembering their children's names.
(b) Feeding the children.
(c) Playing with the children.
(d) Putting the children to bed.
8. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
(b) Sitting and talking.
(d) Playing a game.
9. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
(a) Self-respect and compassion for others.
(b) Solace and growth.
(c) Sexuality and loneliness.
(d) Family ties and forgiveness.
10. Who leaves the hotel room second at the end of Scene 2?
(b) No one.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
11. What does Rosalie try to do after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) Unlock the door.
(b) Kiss Jonathan.
(c) Leave out the window.
(d) Hug Madame Rosepettle.
12. What does Madame Rosepettle call Jonathan in Scene 2?
(a) Her 'beloved' son.
(c) A 'dream'.
13. What does Jonathan do as he is speaking with Rosalie in Scene 2?
(a) Waters the plants.
(b) Washes his hands.
14. What does Jonathan say locks him in the room?
(a) Birds, fish, and cats.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) Coins, stamps, and plants.
(d) Fruits and vegetables.
15. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie about in the hotel room?
(a) The television.
(b) His mother's Venus flytraps.
(c) The toilet.
(d) The mattresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan do in the place he has gone outside of his hotel room?
2. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
3. What does Rosalie think of the parents of the children she spends time with?
4. How many children are with Rosalie when Jonathan first sees her?
5. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)