|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
(a) The hotel owner's.
(b) Her own.
(c) Her ex-husband's.
2. What does Rosalie invite Jonathan to do in the evenings?
(a) Visit her.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Walk on the beach.
(d) Swim in the pool.
3. Who has been listening to the conversation between Rosalie and Jonathan from the other room?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
(c) Albert Rosepettle.
(d) The bellboys.
4. What parental act are the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with sure to enforce?
(a) Playing with the children.
(b) Putting the children to bed.
(c) Remembering their children's names.
(d) Feeding the children.
5. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
(a) Wild animals.
6. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie he does when he is on the porch?
(a) Sit and watch her.
(b) Thinks about how much he loves his mother.
(c) Makes his own clothes.
(d) Sing out loud.
7. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
(b) Like her own daughter.
(c) Like a guest.
8. What is Jonathan's reaction when Rosalie invites Jonathan to do something with her in the evenings?
(a) He says yes immediately.
(b) He gets nervous.
(c) He hides in the bathroom.
(d) He becomes angry.
9. What does Jonathan do in the place he has gone outside of his hotel room?
(a) Pretends he is the president.
(b) Watches girls.
(c) Cares for the pigeons.
(d) Practices his waltz.
10. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
(b) In the hotel room.
(c) In the hotel diningroom.
(d) The beach.
11. What can the audience see that Jonathan wishes for in Scene 2?
(a) A new telescope.
(b) A longer time to stay at the hotel.
(c) A family and children with Rosalie.
(d) A mother like Madame Rosepettle.
12. What does Rosalie call Jonathan?
13. Which word describes how Rosalie appears on the surface?
14. How does Jonathan react when Rosalie calls him by a different name?
(a) He tells her he likes it.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He laughs.
15. What does Jonathan do as he is speaking with Rosalie in Scene 2?
(c) Waters the plants.
(d) Washes his hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jonathan offer to make something for Rosalie?
2. What is the difference between Madame Rosepettle and the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with?
3. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
4. How much time does Jonathan spend in the place he goes outside his hotel room?
5. Who leaves the hotel room first at the end of Scene 2?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)