|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
(b) Wild animals.
2. Which word accurately describes the parents of the children Rosalie is with when Jonathan first sees her?
3. How many times does the cuckoo clock chirp in Scene 2?
4. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie he does when he is on the porch?
(a) Sing out loud.
(b) Makes his own clothes.
(c) Sit and watch her.
(d) Thinks about how much he loves his mother.
5. Who makes Jonathan's decisions for him?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(b) Jonathan's father.
6. What is Jonathan's reaction when Rosalie invites Jonathan to do something with her in the evenings?
(a) He hides in the bathroom.
(b) He gets nervous.
(c) He says yes immediately.
(d) He becomes angry.
7. How old is Rosalie?
(c) About Jonathan's age.
(d) It is unclear.
8. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
(a) Family ties and forgiveness.
(b) Solace and growth.
(c) Self-respect and compassion for others.
(d) Sexuality and loneliness.
9. What does Madame Rosepettle call Jonathan in Scene 2?
(b) A 'dream'.
(d) Her 'beloved' son.
10. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
(a) The hotel owner's.
(b) Her own.
(d) Her ex-husband's.
11. Why did Jonathan originally make the object he uses to watch Rosalie?
(a) To give to his mother as a gift.
(b) To go birdwatching.
(c) To watch airplanes.
(d) To sell it and become rich.
12. What does Jonathan do as he is speaking with Rosalie in Scene 2?
(c) Waters the plants.
(d) Washes his hands.
13. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
14. What does Jonathan offer to make Rosalie?
(a) A kaleidoscope.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A necklace.
15. Who has been listening to the conversation between Rosalie and Jonathan from the other room?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
(c) The bellboys.
(d) Albert Rosepettle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
2. Who storms into the room after the cuckoo clock chirps?
3. After his reaction to being called a different name, what does Jonathan do?
4. How does Rosalie communicate with parents of the children she is with?
5. Which character likely has the most active life in this play?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)