|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosalie call Jonathan?
2. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) He loves her.
(b) She is being mean.
(c) It is a sign they should get married.
(d) He wants to kiss her.
3. Who storms into the room after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(c) Albert Rosepettle.
(d) Commodore Roseabove.
4. What does Jonathan use to watch Rosalie?
(b) A telescope.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) A magnifying glass.
5. What does Madame Rosepettle say might harm Jonathan out in the world?
(c) Wild animals.
6. What is Rosalie's reaction to the conversation with Jonathan?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She thinks it is funny.
(c) She is fascinated.
(d) She is disgusted.
7. Where has Jonathan gone since the end of Scene 1?
(c) The beach and back.
(d) Only the porch.
8. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
(c) Playing a game.
(d) Sitting and talking.
9. How much time does Jonathan spend in the place he goes outside his hotel room?
(a) Twelve hours each day.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Ten minutes each day.
(d) All morning.
10. How does Madame Rosepettle treat Rosalie?
(a) Like her own daughter.
(d) Like a guest.
11. What can the audience see that Jonathan wishes for in Scene 2?
(a) A mother like Madame Rosepettle.
(b) A longer time to stay at the hotel.
(c) A new telescope.
(d) A family and children with Rosalie.
12. What is the difference between Madame Rosepettle and the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with?
(a) Madame Rosepettle is more concerned about her child's happiness.
(b) Madame Rosepettle encourages her child's accomplishments.
(c) Madame Rosepettle cannot remember her child's name.
(d) Madame Rosepettle wants her child to have a fulfilling life.
13. What does Rosalie invite Jonathan to do in the evenings?
(a) Go to dinner.
(b) Walk on the beach.
(c) Visit her.
(d) Swim in the pool.
14. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
(a) A slut.
(b) An angel.
(c) A genius.
(d) A cheat.
15. Which themes are expressed in Scene 2?
(a) Sexuality and loneliness.
(b) Self-respect and compassion for others.
(c) Family ties and forgiveness.
(d) Solace and growth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie he does when he is on the porch?
2. Which of the following words does not describe Jonathan's character?
3. Why does Jonathan offer to make something for Rosalie?
4. What parental act are the parents of the children Rosalie spends time with sure to enforce?
5. What does Jonathan do as he is speaking with Rosalie in Scene 2?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)