|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan use to watch Rosalie?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A telescope.
(d) A kaleidoscope.
2. How can Jonathan's conversation with Rosalie best be described?
(d) Awkward and hurried.
3. Which character likely has the most active life in this play?
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) Commodore Roseabove.
4. What does Jonathan offer to make Rosalie?
(a) A kaleidoscope.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A telescope.
5. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
6. Whose escapades with men does Madame Rosepettle describe in Scene 2?
(a) The hotel owner's.
(c) Her ex-husband's.
(d) Her own.
7. What does Kopit indicate Rosalie yearns for?
(a) A mother like Madame Rosepettle.
(b) A boat.
(c) A rich husband.
(d) A family of her own.
8. What does Madame Rosepettle call Jonathan in Scene 2?
(c) Her 'beloved' son.
(d) A 'dream'.
9. What was Rosalie doing with the children when Jonathan first saw her?
(b) Eating ice cream.
(c) Going to school.
10. What does Kopit intend the telescope in Scene 2 to symbolize?
(a) His mother.
(b) The future.
(c) His love for stars.
(d) Sexual awareness.
11. Which of the following words does not describe Jonathan's character?
12. Why won't Jonathan leave the hotel room?
(a) His mother would not approve.
(b) He likes the room.
(c) He is afraid of the sunshine.
(d) He is watching his mother's cat.
13. What can the audience see that Jonathan wishes for in Scene 2?
(a) A family and children with Rosalie.
(b) A longer time to stay at the hotel.
(c) A new telescope.
(d) A mother like Madame Rosepettle.
14. How much time does Jonathan spend in the place he goes outside his hotel room?
(a) Ten minutes each day.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) All morning.
(d) Twelve hours each day.
15. Who makes Jonathan's decisions for him?
(c) Jonathan's father.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosalie's reaction to the conversation with Jonathan?
2. Which of the following words does not describe Rosalie?
3. Jonathan's mother wants him to be ________ but won't _________________.
4. What does Rosalie call Jonathan?
5. What does Jonathan do in the place he has gone outside of his hotel room?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)