|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosalie's reaction to the conversation with Jonathan?
(a) She is fascinated.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She thinks it is funny.
(d) She is bored.
2. What are Jonathan and Rosalie doing at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) Sitting and talking.
(b) Playing a game.
3. Which word describes how Rosalie appears on the surface?
4. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle?
(a) She is moving across the country.
(b) She wants to have children.
(c) She shouldn't keep her son locked up.
(d) She wishes Madame Rosepettle was her mother.
5. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie after the cuckoo clock chirps?
(a) She is being mean.
(b) He wants to kiss her.
(c) It is a sign they should get married.
(d) He loves her.
6. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
7. What is Jonathan's reaction when Rosalie invites Jonathan to do something with her in the evenings?
(a) He hides in the bathroom.
(b) He says yes immediately.
(c) He gets nervous.
(d) He becomes angry.
8. How old is Rosalie?
(a) About Jonathan's age.
(c) It is unclear.
9. What does Rosalie call Jonathan?
10. What was Rosalie doing with the children when Jonathan first saw her?
(b) Going to school.
(d) Eating ice cream.
11. What does Jonathan use to watch Rosalie?
(b) A kaleidoscope.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A telescope.
12. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
(a) An angel.
(b) A genius.
(c) A cheat.
(d) A slut.
13. How many children are with Rosalie when Jonathan first sees her?
(b) It is unclear.
14. Why hasn't Rosalie ever met the parents of the children Rosalie is with?
(a) They are working all the time.
(b) They are important politicians.
(c) The author doesn't say why.
(d) They are in the hospital.
15. Why does Jonathan offer to make something for Rosalie?
(a) So they can spend more time together.
(b) So she will feel obligated to him.
(c) So she can watch him too.
(d) So she won't ever forget him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who storms into the room after the cuckoo clock chirps?
2. What does Kopit indicate Rosalie yearns for?
3. What does Kopit intend the telescope in Scene 2 to symbolize?
4. Which of the following words does not describe Jonathan's character?
5. Why did Jonathan originally make the object he uses to watch Rosalie?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)