|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madame Rosepettle tell to make a note to have the bellboys fired?
(b) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) Her husband.
2. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
(a) Buenos Aires.
(b) New York City.
(c) Her own home.
3. Who berates the men in the hotel room?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(b) Madame Rosepettle's parrot.
4. Which character can be described as forceful and rude?
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The bellboy.
5. When Madame Rosepettle asks Jonathan to do something, what does he do?
(a) Talks rudely to her.
(b) The opposite.
(c) Exactly what she tells him to do.
6. When Madame Rosepettle speaks to her son, how does he answer her?
7. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
8. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) The bedspread.
(b) His mother's handkerchief.
(d) His hand.
9. What disability does Jonathan struggle with?
(a) A lisp.
(b) A stutter.
(c) A paralyzed hand.
(d) A limp.
10. Who stands up for himself in the first act?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(b) The third bellboy.
(c) Albert Rosepettle.
11. According to Scene 1, why is Madame Rosepettle in mourning?
(a) Jonathan's cat is sick.
(b) Her mother has died.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) She has lost her inheritance.
12. In what year is this play written?
13. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
(a) Albert Rosepettle.
(b) The bellboys.
(c) Her lover.
14. Does Jonathan deliberately try to make the bellboys upset?
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Yes, and he does succeed.
(d) Yes, but he does not succeed.
15. Who refuses to be satisfied with the men in her room?
(a) Madame Rosepettle's piranha.
(b) Jonathan's cat.
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the person who stands up for himself to Madame Rosepettle?
2. Who scolds the men in the hotel room?
3. In Scene 1, dialogue and characters seem to be ________________.
4. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
5. Who does Madame Rosepettle plan to meet at the end of Scene 1?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)