|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan's relationship with his mother seem to be like?
(a) Mutually loving.
(d) Kind and cordial.
2. Which word describes the hotel where Scene 1 takes place?
3. By the end of Scene 1, is Madame Rosepettle depicted as self-centered?
(b) Yes, it is clear that Kopit intended her to be depicted this way.
(c) Yes, but Kopit did not intend for readers to see her this way.
(d) It is unclear.
4. On the surface, how is Madame Rosepettle defined?
(a) Beautiful and extravagant.
(b) Ugly and demanding.
(c) Soft and warm.
(d) Clean and smooth.
5. Does Jonathan deliberately try to make the bellboys upset?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) Yes, and he does succeed.
(d) Yes, but he does not succeed.
6. Who berates the men in the hotel room?
(b) Madame Rosepettle's parrot.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
7. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
8. What quality does Madame Rosepettle admit to not being?
9. What does Madame Rosepettle ask the bellboys about in the harbor?
(a) A seal.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A castle.
10. Which phrase best describes Jonathan in terms of his relationship with his mother?
(a) He feels protected by her.
(b) He stays in her shadow.
(c) He is becoming a rebellious adolescent.
(d) He is her best friend.
11. What does Madame Rosepettle's piranha eat?
12. What object are the men moving into the hotel room?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A television.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A suitcase.
13. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Albert Rosepettle.
(c) The bellboys.
14. How many men are moving the object?
15. What does the additional man arrive with in the hotel room?
(a) A suitcase.
(c) A television.
(d) A Dictaphone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the play take place?
2. Who refuses to be satisfied with the men in her room?
3. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
4. How many lines does Jonathan have in Scene 1?
5. In Scene 1, dialogue and characters seem to be ________________.
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)