|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are moving the object?
2. What does Madame Rosepettle give the men as a tip?
(a) Stamps and coins.
(c) Her plants.
(d) A blank check.
3. Which term is incorporated into many characters' names?
4. What disability does Jonathan struggle with?
(a) A paralyzed hand.
(b) A lisp.
(c) A stutter.
(d) A limp.
5. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) His hand.
(b) The bedspread.
(c) His mother's handkerchief.
6. Which character is best described as wealthy, bossy, and eccentric?
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The first bellboy.
7. When Madame Rosepettle asks Jonathan to do something, what does he do?
(b) The opposite.
(c) Talks rudely to her.
(d) Exactly what she tells him to do.
8. Which character in Scene 1 seems to be most insane?
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The hotel owner.
9. In what country does the play take place?
(c) The United States.
10. What does Madame Rosepettle ask the bellboys about in the harbor?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A seal.
(d) A castle.
11. How does Madame Rosepettle seem to make others feel?
(a) Cared for.
12. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
13. What word can describe the object the men are moving into the hotel room at the beginning of the play?
14. On the surface, how is Madame Rosepettle defined?
(a) Soft and warm.
(b) Clean and smooth.
(c) Beautiful and extravagant.
(d) Ugly and demanding.
15. Who berates the men in the hotel room?
(a) Madame Rosepettle's parrot.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction from the men to the object in the hotel room?
2. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any sunlight to enter the room?
3. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
4. Who does the author suggest will become Madame Rosepettle's next lover?
5. By the end of Scene 1, is Madame Rosepettle depicted as self-centered?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)