|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is this play written?
2. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
(a) A boat.
(b) A limo.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A motorcycle.
3. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
4. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle give the men as a tip?
(a) A blank check.
(b) Her plants.
(d) Stamps and coins.
6. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
(a) Not to care about people in the service industry.
(b) Diverse cultures.
(c) Her ways of earning money.
(d) Their family.
7. This play is a reaction to what artistic concept?
8. Which phrase best describes Jonathan in terms of his relationship with his mother?
(a) He is becoming a rebellious adolescent.
(b) He is her best friend.
(c) He stays in her shadow.
(d) He feels protected by her.
9. How does Jonathan treat the bellboys?
(a) As if they are invisible.
(c) He does not interact with them at all.
10. Who does Madame Rosepettle tell to make a note to have the bellboys fired?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Commodore Roseabove.
11. When Madame Rosepettle speaks to her son, how does he answer her?
12. Why does Madame Rosepettle complain to the bellboys about her piranha?
(a) They fed it the wrong kind of food.
(b) They put it too far away from her bed.
(c) They didn't give it enough water.
(d) They aren't paying attention to it.
13. On the surface, how is Madame Rosepettle defined?
(a) Beautiful and extravagant.
(b) Clean and smooth.
(c) Soft and warm.
(d) Ugly and demanding.
14. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
15. Where does the play take place?
(b) Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character can be described as forceful and rude?
2. Which term is incorporated into many characters' names?
3. What does Jonathan's relationship with his mother seem to be like?
4. How many men are moving the object?
5. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)