|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does Kopit use in the final few lines of Scene 1?
2. Who stands up for himself in the first act?
(a) The third bellboy.
(c) Albert Rosepettle.
(d) Commodore Roseabove.
3. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
4. What does the additional man arrive with in the hotel room?
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A Dictaphone.
(d) A television.
5. How many lines does Jonathan have in Scene 1?
(b) Very few.
(d) He only has one long monologue.
6. Which character can be described as forceful and rude?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(c) The bellboy.
7. What does Jonathan's relationship with his mother seem to be like?
(c) Kind and cordial.
(d) Mutually loving.
8. Who refuses to be satisfied with the men in her room?
(a) Jonathan's cat.
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) Madame Rosepettle's piranha.
9. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
(a) New York City.
(b) Her own home.
(d) Buenos Aires.
10. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any sunlight to enter the room?
(a) She is in mourning.
(b) She is sensitive to sunlight.
(c) Jonathan has just had surgery.
(d) She doesn't wany anyone to see her.
11. What object are the men moving into the hotel room?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A television.
(d) A coffin.
12. In what year is this play written?
13. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Albert Rosepettle.
(c) The bellboys.
14. On the surface, how is Madame Rosepettle defined?
(a) Ugly and demanding.
(b) Beautiful and extravagant.
(c) Soft and warm.
(d) Clean and smooth.
15. Who does the author suggest will become Madame Rosepettle's next lover?
(b) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) One of the bellboys.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does the play take place?
2. What does Madame Rosepettle say about the tip she gives the bellboys?
3. Who does Madame Rosepettle plan to meet at the end of Scene 1?
4. According to Scene 1, why is Madame Rosepettle in mourning?
5. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)