|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term is incorporated into many characters' names?
2. Who berates the men in the hotel room?
(b) Madame Rosepettle's parrot.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
3. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
(a) Albert Rosepettle.
(b) Her lover.
(c) The bellboys.
4. What is special about the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(a) He is the oldest man alive.
(b) He has twenty children.
(c) He is a famous actor.
(d) He is the wealthiest person in the area.
5. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
(a) Her own home.
(b) Buenos Aires.
(d) New York City.
6. Does Jonathan deliberately try to make the bellboys upset?
(b) Yes, but he does not succeed.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) Yes, and he does succeed.
7. In what country does the play take place?
(c) The United States.
8. What does Madame Rosepettle's piranha eat?
9. What literary technique does Kopit use in the final few lines of Scene 1?
10. Why does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) He didn't understand his mother.
(b) He likes to doodle.
(c) He is being rebellious.
(d) He is making a map.
11. Who refuses to be satisfied with the men in her room?
(b) Jonathan's cat.
(c) Madame Rosepettle's piranha.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
12. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) His mother's handkerchief.
(b) His hand.
(d) The bedspread.
13. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A boat.
(c) A limo.
(d) A motorcycle.
14. Which character can be described as forceful and rude?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The bellboy.
15. Who does the author suggest will become Madame Rosepettle's next lover?
(b) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) One of the bellboys.
Short Answer Questions
1. This play is a reaction to what artistic concept?
2. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
3. How would the plot of the first scene be described?
4. What word can describe the object the men are moving into the hotel room at the beginning of the play?
5. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)