|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the additional man arrive with in the hotel room?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A Dictaphone.
(c) A television.
2. What object are the men moving into the hotel room?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A television.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A suitcase.
3. Who does Madame Rosepettle tell to make a note to have the bellboys fired?
(c) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) Her husband.
4. What word can describe the object the men are moving into the hotel room at the beginning of the play?
5. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) The bedspread.
(c) His hand.
(d) His mother's handkerchief.
6. According to Scene 1, why is Madame Rosepettle in mourning?
(a) Jonathan's cat is sick.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Her mother has died.
(d) She has lost her inheritance.
7. What is special about the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(a) He is the oldest man alive.
(b) He is a famous actor.
(c) He has twenty children.
(d) He is the wealthiest person in the area.
8. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
9. Where does the play take place?
(a) Buenos Aires.
10. Why does Madame Rosepettle complain to the bellboys about her piranha?
(a) They aren't paying attention to it.
(b) They fed it the wrong kind of food.
(c) They put it too far away from her bed.
(d) They didn't give it enough water.
11. What quality does Madame Rosepettle admit to not being?
12. Which character is best described as wealthy, bossy, and eccentric?
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The first bellboy.
13. In what year is this play written?
14. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
(a) New York City.
(c) Her own home.
(d) Buenos Aires.
15. On the surface, how is Madame Rosepettle defined?
(a) Clean and smooth.
(b) Soft and warm.
(c) Beautiful and extravagant.
(d) Ugly and demanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
2. Who scolds the men in the hotel room?
3. What is the reaction from the men to the object in the hotel room?
4. Which character can be described as forceful and rude?
5. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any sunlight to enter the room?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)