|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madame Rosepettle plan to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(b) Commodore Roseabove.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Jonathan's father.
2. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
3. What literary technique does Kopit use in the final few lines of Scene 1?
4. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
5. What quality does Madame Rosepettle admit to not being?
6. How does Madame Rosepettle seem to make others feel?
(b) Cared for.
7. This play is a reaction to what artistic concept?
8. Does Jonathan deliberately try to make the bellboys upset?
(b) Yes, and he does succeed.
(c) Yes, but he does not succeed.
(d) It is unclear.
9. How would the plot of the first scene be described?
10. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A boat.
(c) A limo.
(d) A motorcycle.
11. In what country does the play take place?
(b) The United States.
12. What breaks off of the object being moved by the men?
(c) A statuette.
(d) A nameplate.
13. What is the title of the person who stands up for himself to Madame Rosepettle?
14. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
15. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) His mother's handkerchief.
(b) The bedspread.
(d) His hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author suggest will become Madame Rosepettle's next lover?
2. What is the reaction from the men to the object in the hotel room?
3. Why does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
4. What does the additional man arrive with in the hotel room?
5. Who stands up for himself in the first act?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)