|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many lines does Jonathan have in Scene 1?
(a) He only has one long monologue.
(d) Very few.
2. Which character in Scene 1 seems to be most insane?
(a) The hotel owner.
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
3. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
4. Which character is best described as wealthy, bossy, and eccentric?
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The first bellboy.
5. What does the additional man arrive with in the hotel room?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A Dictaphone.
(c) A television.
6. According to Scene 1, why is Madame Rosepettle in mourning?
(a) She has lost her inheritance.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Her mother has died.
(d) Jonathan's cat is sick.
7. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
(a) New York City.
(b) Buenos Aires.
(d) Her own home.
8. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
9. How does Jonathan treat the bellboys?
(a) As if they are invisible.
(c) He does not interact with them at all.
10. What does Jonathan's relationship with his mother seem to be like?
(b) Mutually loving.
(d) Kind and cordial.
11. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
12. What object are the men moving into the hotel room?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A television.
(d) A suitcase.
13. How would the plot of the first scene be described?
14. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
15. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
(a) A limo.
(b) A boat.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the surface, how is Madame Rosepettle defined?
2. This play is a reaction to what artistic concept?
3. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
4. What is the occupation of the men coming into the hotel room?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle ask the bellboys about in the harbor?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)