|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the person who stands up for himself to Madame Rosepettle?
2. In what country does the play take place?
(a) The United States.
3. What literary technique does Kopit use in the final few lines of Scene 1?
4. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
5. By the end of Scene 1, is Madame Rosepettle depicted as self-centered?
(a) Yes, but Kopit did not intend for readers to see her this way.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Yes, it is clear that Kopit intended her to be depicted this way.
6. Which character can be described as forceful and rude?
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The bellboy.
7. Who scolds the men in the hotel room?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(c) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) Their boss.
8. Where does Madame Rosepettle say she received the best treatment?
(a) New York City.
(c) Her own home.
(d) Buenos Aires.
9. Which character is best described as wealthy, bossy, and eccentric?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The first bellboy.
10. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
11. What is special about the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(a) He is a famous actor.
(b) He is the wealthiest person in the area.
(c) He has twenty children.
(d) He is the oldest man alive.
12. Who does Madame Rosepettle plan to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(d) Jonathan's father.
13. What quality does Madame Rosepettle admit to not being?
14. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any sunlight to enter the room?
(a) She is in mourning.
(b) She doesn't wany anyone to see her.
(c) She is sensitive to sunlight.
(d) Jonathan has just had surgery.
15. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) The bedspread.
(b) His hand.
(d) His mother's handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are moving the object?
2. Who stands up for himself in the first act?
3. What does Madame Rosepettle ask the bellboys about in the harbor?
4. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
5. Who does the author suggest will become Madame Rosepettle's next lover?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)