|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
(a) Their family.
(b) Her ways of earning money.
(c) Diverse cultures.
(d) Not to care about people in the service industry.
2. Who does Madame Rosepettle plan to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(a) Commodore Roseabove.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(d) Jonathan's father.
3. What is the title of the person who stands up for himself to Madame Rosepettle?
4. What happens to the object after something is broken off of it?
(a) It falls to the ground.
(b) It becomes much lighter.
(d) It is placed on the bed.
5. Where does the play take place?
(a) Buenos Aires.
6. In Scene 1, dialogue and characters seem to be ________________.
(d) Extremely significant.
7. Which character is best described as wealthy, bossy, and eccentric?
(a) The first bellboy.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
8. Which term is incorporated into many characters' names?
9. How many men are moving the object?
10. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
11. What is special about the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(a) He is the oldest man alive.
(b) He is a famous actor.
(c) He has twenty children.
(d) He is the wealthiest person in the area.
12. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
13. On what does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) The bedspread.
(b) His mother's handkerchief.
(d) His hand.
14. How does Madame Rosepettle seem to make others feel?
(b) Cared for.
15. What does Jonathan's relationship with his mother seem to be like?
(a) Kind and cordial.
(b) Mutually loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madame Rosepettle tell to make a note to have the bellboys fired?
2. Who stands up for himself in the first act?
3. On the surface, how is Madame Rosepettle defined?
4. What object are the men moving into the hotel room?
5. What word can describe the object the men are moving into the hotel room at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)