|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This play is a reaction to what artistic concept?
2. Why does Madame Rosepettle complain to the bellboys about her piranha?
(a) They put it too far away from her bed.
(b) They aren't paying attention to it.
(c) They didn't give it enough water.
(d) They fed it the wrong kind of food.
3. How many men are moving the object?
4. Who refuses to be satisfied with the men in her room?
(b) Madame Rosepettle.
(c) Jonathan's cat.
(d) Madame Rosepettle's piranha.
5. Which term is incorporated into many characters' names?
6. What word can describe the object the men are moving into the hotel room at the beginning of the play?
7. Why does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) He is being rebellious.
(b) He likes to doodle.
(c) He is making a map.
(d) He didn't understand his mother.
8. When Madame Rosepettle asks Jonathan to do something, what does he do?
(a) Exactly what she tells him to do.
(b) Talks rudely to her.
(c) The opposite.
9. Which character in Scene 1 seems to be most insane?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) The hotel owner.
10. In Scene 1, dialogue and characters seem to be ________________.
(d) Extremely significant.
11. What does Jonathan's relationship with his mother seem to be like?
(a) Kind and cordial.
(c) Mutually loving.
12. What is the title of the person who stands up for himself to Madame Rosepettle?
13. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
(a) A boat.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A limo.
14. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
15. What does the additional man arrive with in the hotel room?
(a) A television.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A Dictaphone.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Scene 1, why is Madame Rosepettle in mourning?
2. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
3. How does Jonathan treat the bellboys?
4. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any sunlight to enter the room?
5. What disability does Jonathan struggle with?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)