|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction from the men to the object in the hotel room?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They do not react.
(c) They scream and run away.
(d) They are horrified.
2. In Scene 1, dialogue and characters seem to be ________________.
(c) Extremely significant.
3. What is the title of the person who stands up for himself to Madame Rosepettle?
4. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Albert Rosepettle.
(c) The bellboys.
5. How can the type of theater Kopit tries to depict be characterized?
6. Which word describes the hotel where Scene 1 takes place?
7. What does Madame Rosepettle say about the tip she gives the bellboys?
(a) It is all she has.
(b) It is very valuable.
(c) They don't deserve it.
(d) They earned it with their hard work.
8. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
9. Who scolds the men in the hotel room?
(b) Commodore Roseabove.
(c) Madame Rosepettle.
(d) Their boss.
10. When Madame Rosepettle speaks to her son, how does he answer her?
11. Where does the play take place?
(d) Buenos Aires.
12. Which character in Scene 1 seems to be most insane?
(a) Madame Rosepettle.
(b) The hotel owner.
13. Which phrase best describes Jonathan in terms of his relationship with his mother?
(a) He is her best friend.
(b) He is becoming a rebellious adolescent.
(c) He stays in her shadow.
(d) He feels protected by her.
14. This play is a reaction to what artistic concept?
15. When Madame Rosepettle asks Jonathan to do something, what does he do?
(b) Exactly what she tells him to do.
(c) The opposite.
(d) Talks rudely to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader think Madame Rosepettle's next relationship will be like?
2. Why does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
3. How does Jonathan treat the bellboys?
4. In what year is this play written?
5. Who does Madame Rosepettle plan to meet at the end of Scene 1?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)