|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Jonathan deliberately try to make the bellboys upset?
(a) Yes, and he does succeed.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Yes, but he does not succeed.
2. How are the men described as they try to figure out what to do with the object?
3. What does Madame Rosepettle ask the bellboys about in the harbor?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A castle.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A seal.
4. Which term is incorporated into many characters' names?
5. When Madame Rosepettle asks Jonathan to do something, what does he do?
(a) The opposite.
(b) Exactly what she tells him to do.
(d) Talks rudely to her.
6. What disability does Jonathan struggle with?
(a) A limp.
(b) A lisp.
(c) A paralyzed hand.
(d) A stutter.
7. What happens to the object after something is broken off of it?
(b) It falls to the ground.
(c) It is placed on the bed.
(d) It becomes much lighter.
8. Which word describes the hotel where Scene 1 takes place?
9. What quality does Madame Rosepettle admit to not being?
10. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A limo.
(c) A boat.
(d) A mansion.
11. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
(a) Not to care about people in the service industry.
(b) Their family.
(c) Her ways of earning money.
(d) Diverse cultures.
12. How does Jonathan treat the bellboys?
(b) As if they are invisible.
(c) He does not interact with them at all.
13. What is special about the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1?
(a) He is the oldest man alive.
(b) He is the wealthiest person in the area.
(c) He is a famous actor.
(d) He has twenty children.
14. What type of room do the men enter as they are coming into the hotel room?
15. What happens to the group of bellboys as more things are moved into the hotel room?
(a) It moves further away from Madame Rosepettle.
(b) It grows.
(c) It shrinks.
(d) It lifts off the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are moving the object?
2. Who does Madame Rosepettle plan to meet at the end of Scene 1?
3. Who does the author suggest will become Madame Rosepettle's next lover?
4. Which character can be described as forceful and rude?
5. How would the plot of the first scene be described?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)