|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosalie do when Jonathan refuses her invitation?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She turns away from him and cries.
(c) She asks him why.
(d) She laughs.
2. What can the audience see that Jonathan wishes for in Scene 2?
(a) A longer time to stay at the hotel.
(b) A new telescope.
(c) A family and children with Rosalie.
(d) A mother like Madame Rosepettle.
3. How does Madame Rosepettle seem to make others feel?
(c) Cared for.
4. Which phrase best describes Jonathan in terms of his relationship with his mother?
(a) He is her best friend.
(b) He feels protected by her.
(c) He is becoming a rebellious adolescent.
(d) He stays in her shadow.
5. What does Madame Rosepettle call Rosalie?
(a) A cheat.
(b) An angel.
(c) A genius.
(d) A slut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan do in the place he has gone outside of his hotel room?
2. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
3. What does Rosalie say to Madame Rosepettle?
4. What does Jonathan tell Rosalie about in the hotel room?
5. What literary technique does Kopit use in the final few lines of Scene 1?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)