|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, dialogue and characters seem to be ________________.
(c) Extremely significant.
2. What is the occupation of the men coming into the hotel room?
(b) Taxicab drivers.
(c) Hotel owners.
3. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
(b) The bellboys.
(c) Albert Rosepettle.
(d) Her lover.
4. Which phrase best describes Jonathan in terms of his relationship with his mother?
(a) He is becoming a rebellious adolescent.
(b) He is her best friend.
(c) He feels protected by her.
(d) He stays in her shadow.
5. Why does Jonathan draw Xs in Scene 1?
(a) He didn't understand his mother.
(b) He likes to doodle.
(c) He is being rebellious.
(d) He is making a map.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is best described as wealthy, bossy, and eccentric?
2. Which of the following is not a name Madame Rosepettle calls her son?
3. How many lines does Jonathan have in Scene 1?
4. Which term is incorporated into many characters' names?
5. Who does the author suggest will become Madame Rosepettle's next lover?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)