|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This play is a reaction to what artistic concept?
2. What does Jonathan say he finds particularly fulfilling?
(a) Watching birds.
(b) His relationship with Madame Rosepettle.
(c) His stamp collection.
3. Where is Jonathan at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) The beach.
(b) In the hotel diningroom.
(c) In the hotel room.
4. Which character likely has the most active life in this play?
(b) Commodore Roseabove.
(d) Madame Rosepettle.
5. How does Madame Rosepettle react to this new person in the home?
(a) She develops allergies.
(b) She goes on extravagant vacations.
(c) She tries to kill herself.
(d) She says nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the hotel room second at the end of Scene 2?
2. Why does Madame Rosepettle say she cannot love the Commodore?
3. In what country does the play take place?
4. How does Jonathan act when he is describing what the original purpose of the object he used to watch Rosalie was?
5. What is Madame Rosepettle eager to teach her son about?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)