|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hasn't Rosalie ever met the parents of the children Rosalie is with?
(a) They are in the hospital.
(b) The author doesn't say why.
(c) They are important politicians.
(d) They are working all the time.
2. Jonathan says he is so lonely he often does what?
(a) Makes up imaginary friends.
(b) Writes letters to strangers in phone books.
(c) Calls random people and tells them he is their relative.
(d) Pretends he has a wife and children.
3. What does Madame Rosepettle find hilarious about her husband's death?
(a) That his mistress couldn't tell if he was dead or alive.
(b) It occurred on his 60th birthday.
(c) It happened on their anniversary.
(d) He died while writing her a love note.
4. What does Rosalie do when Jonathan refuses her invitation?
(a) She asks him why.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She turns away from him and cries.
5. What do Madame Rosepettle and her companion do together as they enter the room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the bellboys carrying when they enter the room in Scene 3?
2. What is Rosalie's reaction to the conversation with Jonathan?
3. Who returns to the hotel room at the conclusion of Scene 3?
4. What disability does Jonathan struggle with?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle suggest she and her companion drink?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)