|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word can describe the object the men are moving into the hotel room at the beginning of the play?
2. By the end of Scene 1, is Madame Rosepettle depicted as self-centered?
(b) Yes, it is clear that Kopit intended her to be depicted this way.
(c) Yes, but Kopit did not intend for readers to see her this way.
(d) It is unclear.
3. Which phrase best describes Jonathan in terms of his relationship with his mother?
(a) He is her best friend.
(b) He stays in her shadow.
(c) He is becoming a rebellious adolescent.
(d) He feels protected by her.
4. How does Jonathan treat the bellboys?
(a) As if they are invisible.
(b) He does not interact with them at all.
5. Why doesn't Madame Rosepettle want any sunlight to enter the room?
(a) She is in mourning.
(b) Jonathan has just had surgery.
(c) She doesn't wany anyone to see her.
(d) She is sensitive to sunlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability does Jonathan struggle with?
2. Who follows Madame Rosepettle around the room?
3. On the surface, how is Madame Rosepettle defined?
4. What does the person Madame Rosepettle plans to meet at the end of Scene 1 own?
5. What does Madame Rosepettle say about the tip she gives the bellboys?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)