Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Scene 1 Abstract
* The play opens in a fancy hotel in Cuba.
* Two bellboys move a coffin into a bedroom.
* The handles break off and the coffin falls to the ground.
* Madame Rosepettle scolds the bellboys.
Scene 2 Abstract
* A third bellboy appears with a Dictaphone.
* Madame Rosepettle continues to yell at the bellboys.
* The third bellboy stands...
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)