|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
2. According to Rosa, where is Erika?
3. What other food does Daniel's father barter to get to eat with their rations as Auschwitz?
4. While walking the four miles to work, whom does Daniel see playing in the band?
5. After Daniel's parents and Erika are deported, what happens to Daniel as he leaves the apartment?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how after Kristallnacht life became harder for Daniel's family. How does this change and shape the rest of the story? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Daniel's attempt to get revenge against the SS officer who shot the boy sweeping the street not successful? Why does Daniel feel bad about this actions?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Daniel's family rebelled against the German rules and policies. Who does Daniel's family defy their German regulations? Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)