|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adam talk about the horrors he's seen at Auschwitz?
2. What does Father barter at their new camp?
3. While in quarantine a second time, whom does Daniel tell his stories?
4. What is the first act that father and Daniel perform for the resistance their new camp?
5. Whom does Daniel look for in Lodz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of Karl in the story?
2. When Daniel is captured attempting to hide from deportation to Auschwitz, why does he believe the pictures and Erika are right?
3. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
4. Why does Daniel's father weep when he learns that Erika is alive?
5. What is the importance of Peter being attacked by the Polish boys even though the war is over?
6. What is the significance of Peter's last words, "Find my family. Tell them. You go to Palestine for me. Remember..." ?
7. What is the significance of Daniel's valuables he keeps in the cupboard?
8. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
9. Why was Buchenwald a good place for the Germans?
10. Why does Daniel need to see Erika a day after Adam's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the condition of Daniel's photos represents how the family longs for what they have lost? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in an expository essay how Daniel's camera is an extension of himself and in what ways does he use it to illustrate the changes taking place for the Jewish people.Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Daniel's attempt to get revenge against the SS officer who shot the boy sweeping the street not successful? Why does Daniel feel bad about this actions?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)