|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the kapo tell Daniel and his father the night they sneak out into the woods?
2. During their last meeting, what does Rosa tell Daniel about her family?
3. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
4. Where are Daniel and his father going after being in Auschwitz for three months?
5. Whom does Daniel talk to about whether or not to join the resistance?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Daniel is captured attempting to hide from deportation to Auschwitz, why does he believe the pictures and Erika are right?
2. How does Daniel's access to a radio symbolize his hope returning?
3. What does Rosa's statement that she will leave a note in Daniel's old apartment as to where she is an indication of?
4. Why does Adam talk about the horrors of Auschwitz in a matter of fact tone?
5. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
6. What is the significance of Rosa's words to Daniel about how to carry on?
7. What is the difference between the Americans and the civilians of the Buchenwald in chapter fifteen?
8. Why is Father such an important character in chapter 12 ?
9. What is the significance of Daniel telling Adam, "Anything is better than sitting here like a helpless rabbit."?
10. How does Passover provide hope for the Jewish people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the condition of Daniel's photos represents how the family longs for what they have lost? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Daniel's nightmare after seeing "The Eternal Jew" about Aunt Leah foreshadow her death in Lodz later on? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in an expository essay how Daniel's camera is an extension of himself and in what ways does he use it to illustrate the changes taking place for the Jewish people.Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)