|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In their new barracks at Auschwitz, Daniel and his father must sleep on what?
2. What does Daniel say to Rosa at the park?
3. What does Adam tell Daniel the day after the rebellion?
4. What does Daniel remember about the children from the medical facilities at his new camp?
5. Who is Daniel's first client shortly after he begins his new work detail?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Father's quiet wisdom and intelligence help his family survive during their time in Lodz? Be sure to include factual examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How does Daniel's depression after Uncle Peter's death mirror how the Jewish people all over Germany felt? What is similar? How does Daniel's few of his studies also mirror the hopelessness and bleak feelings of others during this time?Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Erika tells Daniel, "why have we fought so hard to survive all these years?" How does this become the central question of Daniel's Story? Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)