|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
2. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
3. According to Daniel, what had the Nazis created for themselves at his new camp?
4. What does Daniel want to tell those just arriving at the Auschwitz camp?
5. Whom does Daniel talk to about whether or not to join the resistance?
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of the Daniel's family members' deaths? Why is this event an important detail about the Germans' attitude toward Jews? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of love reinforced in the story's plot line? Which characters are symbolic of love? How is love contrasted against hate in the novel? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Daniel's depression after Uncle Peter's death mirror how the Jewish people all over Germany felt? What is similar? How does Daniel's few of his studies also mirror the hopelessness and bleak feelings of others during this time?Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)