|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
2. What do the resistance at Auschwitz want Daniel to do for them?
3. While Daniel is in quarantine a second time, where does he sleep?
4. What does Father barter at their new camp?
5. Who is Daniel's first client shortly after he begins his new work detail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Daniel's depression after Uncle Peter's death mirror how the Jewish people all over Germany felt? What is similar? How does Daniel's few of his studies also mirror the hopelessness and bleak feelings of others during this time?Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Daniel's attempt to get revenge against the SS officer who shot the boy sweeping the street not successful? Why does Daniel feel bad about this actions?
Essay Topic 3
Erika tells Daniel and Rosa, "you must choose love. Always choose love." What does Erika mean by this and in what ways have the Jewish people chosen love? Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)