|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Allies get closer to his new camp, what do many of the SS soldiers do?
2. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
3. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
4. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Daniel vow to do?
5. What does Daniel want to tell those just arriving at the Auschwitz camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
2. Why does Adam talk about the horrors of Auschwitz in a matter of fact tone?
3. Why does Daniel's father weep when he learns that Erika is alive?
4. What is the importance of Peter being attacked by the Polish boys even though the war is over?
5. What is the significance of Peter's last words, "Find my family. Tell them. You go to Palestine for me. Remember..." ?
6. Why was Buchenwald a good place for the Germans?
7. How does Passover provide hope for the Jewish people?
8. What is the significance of Daniel's valuables he keeps in the cupboard?
9. How does the author use the train ride to symbolize how the treatment of Jews have further declined?
10. What does the train ride symbolize in chapter thirteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what the Hitler Youth uniform symbolizes for Daniel and for others.What does the Hitler Youth uniform symbolize and what motivation does Oma Miriam have for creating a fake one for Daniel? How does this effect him and what does it mean for those who wear real ones? Use the text to support your answer. Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do Rosa and Daniel plan to honor Peter's words and his dying wish? How does this reinforce the theme of love and family?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in an expository essay how Daniel's camera is an extension of himself and in what ways does he use it to illustrate the changes taking place for the Jewish people.Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)