|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl tell Daniel about the workers at their new camp?
(a) They are busy, quick workers.
(b) They work slowly and it angers the SS.
(c) They work slowly, but make it seem they are busy.
(d) They are resistance.
2. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are careful.
(b) They are deloused.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are cut.
3. In their new barracks at Auschwitz, Daniel and his father must sleep on what?
(a) A bed with 10 others.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On blankets.
(d) On wooden planks.
4. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, what act horrifies him?
(a) The dead bodies in the streets.
(b) The crematoria.
(d) The shooting death of the boy sweeping the street.
5. How many hours each day does Daniel work at his new camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel remember about the children from the medical facilities at his new camp?
2. During Daniel's first night in Auschwitz, what is the only he sounds he can hear once the lights are turned off?
3. According to Rosa's mother, what is Auschwitz?
4. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
5. What do the resistance at Auschwitz want Daniel to do for them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel need to see Erika a day after Adam's death?
2. What is the importance of Peter being attacked by the Polish boys even though the war is over?
3. What does Rosa's statement that she will leave a note in Daniel's old apartment as to where she is an indication of?
4. What is the significance of Peter's last words, "Find my family. Tell them. You go to Palestine for me. Remember..." ?
5. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
6. When Daniel attempts to get revenge, why doesn't he feel good?
7. What is the difference between the Americans and the civilians of the Buchenwald in chapter fifteen?
8. Why is Father such an important character in chapter 12 ?
9. Why do the Nazis blow up the crematoria?
10. When Daniel is captured attempting to hide from deportation to Auschwitz, why does he believe the pictures and Erika are right?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)