|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the intensive-care ward of the hospital, what does Peter tell Daniel?
(a) To live.
(b) Thank you.
(c) To find his family.
(d) To love.
2. At Auschwitz, what is located in the area Daniel calls Canada?
(b) Stolen loot from prisoners.
3. What happens to the rebels at Auschwitz?
(a) They escape.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They are killed and captured.
(d) They are all killed.
4. What does Daniel say to Rosa at the park?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He tells her about Peter.
(c) He tells her about Auschwitz and Mother.
(d) He asks her about Erika.
5. What is the weather like when Daniel and his father are riding in an open boxcar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel feel he has to do to make sure he is free?
2. What does Karl tell Daniel about the workers at their new camp?
3. Who is Karl?
4. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
5. According to Daniel, what had the Nazis created for themselves at his new camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel's access to a radio symbolize his hope returning?
2. What is the significance of Daniel telling Adam, "Anything is better than sitting here like a helpless rabbit."?
3. What is the significance of Daniel's valuables he keeps in the cupboard?
4. How do the Germans successfully dehumanize the Jews?
5. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
6. What is the significance of the author showing the reader how the Germans live?
7. Why was Buchenwald a good place for the Germans?
8. Why does Daniel need to see Erika a day after Adam's death?
9. What is the importance of Peter being attacked by the Polish boys even though the war is over?
10. Why does Adam talk about the horrors of Auschwitz in a matter of fact tone?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)