|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel feel when he gives the camera to the kapo?
(b) His spirits are lifted.
2. What does Daniel feel when he witnessed the bodies being burned in the pit?
3. At Auschwitz, what kind of music played as people go to work or to their deaths?
(a) Birthday tunes.
(b) Funeral marching songs.
(c) Graduation marching songs
(d) Happy marching songs.
4. After Daniel arrives at Auschwitz, what does he hope people who find his hidden photo album will do?
(a) Remember him.
(b) Show people his pictures.
(c) Tell others about it.
(d) Return it to Rosa.
5. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are deloused.
(b) They are careful.
(c) They are cut.
(d) They are happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the intensive-care ward of the hospital, what does Peter tell Daniel?
2. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
3. What is a kapo?
4. What does Daniel's kapo do after they leave the Canada storehouses?
5. According to Rosa, where is Erika?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Passover provide hope for the Jewish people?
2. Why do the Nazis blow up the crematoria?
3. What purpose does the model SS father serve for the storyline?
4. What is the significance of the author showing the reader how the Germans live?
5. What is the significance of Peter's last words, "Find my family. Tell them. You go to Palestine for me. Remember..." ?
6. Why does Daniel need to see Erika a day after Adam's death?
7. How do the Germans successfully dehumanize the Jews?
8. What is the significance of Daniel's valuables he keeps in the cupboard?
9. How do the photographs illustrate the declining conditions for the Jews?
10. What does the train ride symbolize in chapter thirteen?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)