|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Daniel's third time on a train, and what does he say he feels?
(a) Anger, fury, and determination.
(b) Confusion, fear, and hunger
(c) Sadness, fear, and hunger.
(d) Nothing at all.
2. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Daniel vow to do?
(c) Go to Palestine.
(d) Find Mother and Erika.
3. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
(a) Because Adam made him laugh.
(b) Because he loved Adam.
(c) Because Adam stood up for himself.
(d) Because Adam chose his path.
4. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, whom does he see on the street?
(c) The SS soldier.
5. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
(b) Uncle Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
2. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, what act horrifies him?
3. After Daniel's parents and Erika are deported, what happens to Daniel as he leaves the apartment?
4. How does Adam talk about the horrors he's seen at Auschwitz?
5. What does Father tell Daniel he will do for Peter at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Father such an important character in chapter 12 ?
2. What is the significance of Daniel's valuables he keeps in the cupboard?
3. Why was Buchenwald a good place for the Germans?
4. What is the significance of Peter's last words, "Find my family. Tell them. You go to Palestine for me. Remember..." ?
5. Why does Adam talk about the horrors of Auschwitz in a matter of fact tone?
6. What purpose does the model SS father serve for the storyline?
7. When Daniel is captured attempting to hide from deportation to Auschwitz, why does he believe the pictures and Erika are right?
8. What is the role of Karl in the story?
9. What does the train ride symbolize in chapter thirteen?
10. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)