|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
2. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
3. What happens to the rebels at Auschwitz?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They escape.
(c) They are all killed.
(d) They are killed and captured.
4. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Daniel vow to do?
(b) Go to Palestine.
(d) Find Mother and Erika.
5. Whom does Daniel look for in Lodz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
2. Whom does Daniel talk to about whether or not to join the resistance?
3. What is the weather like when Daniel and his father are riding in an open boxcar?
4. What happens to Adam after the uprising?
5. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Rosa's words to Daniel about how to carry on?
2. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
3. Why does Daniel's father weep when he learns that Erika is alive?
4. How does Daniel's access to a radio symbolize his hope returning?
5. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
6. Why does Adam talk about the horrors of Auschwitz in a matter of fact tone?
7. What is the significance of Daniel's valuables he keeps in the cupboard?
8. What is the importance of Peter being attacked by the Polish boys even though the war is over?
9. How does the author use the train ride to symbolize how the treatment of Jews have further declined?
10. How do the Germans successfully dehumanize the Jews?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)