|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
(a) The burning of Crematorium IV.
(b) Killing a bunch of SS guards.
(c) Runing away.
(d) Stealing stuff from Canada.
2. According to Daniel, what had the Nazis created for themselves at his new camp?
(a) A heaven.
(b) A paradise.
(c) A squalor.
(d) A community.
3. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, whom does he see on the street?
(b) The SS soldier.
4. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
(a) That he is scared.
(b) That he will kill the SS soldiers.
(c) That he hates Germans.
(d) That he will do anything to help the resistence.
5. Where are Daniel and his father going after being in Auschwitz for three months?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl give Daniel on his 18th birthday?
2. What are the prisoners at Auschwitz forced to wear?
3. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
4. What does Father tell Daniel when Daniel refuses to help the wounded Nazi?
5. At Auschwitz, what kind of music played as people go to work or to their deaths?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Passover provide hope for the Jewish people?
2. What convinces Daniel that his mother is dead?
3. What is the significance of Daniel's valuables he keeps in the cupboard?
4. What is the significance of Rosa's words to Daniel about how to carry on?
5. Why was Buchenwald a good place for the Germans?
6. What does the train ride symbolize in chapter thirteen?
7. What is the role of Karl in the story?
8. What is the difference between the Americans and the civilians of the Buchenwald in chapter fifteen?
9. Why is Father such an important character in chapter 12 ?
10. What does Rosa's statement that she will leave a note in Daniel's old apartment as to where she is an indication of?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)