|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Karl?
(a) A German.
(b) A Polish Jew.
(c) A politicial prisoner.
(d) A Ukrainian Jew.
2. How does Adam talk about the horrors he's seen at Auschwitz?
(d) Matter of factly.
3. Where are Daniel and his father going after being in Auschwitz for three months?
4. What does Karl give Daniel on his 18th birthday?
(a) A camera.
(b) A job.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A new loaf of bread.
5. Whom does Daniel look for in Lodz?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
2. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
3. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
4. Whom does Daniel talk to about whether or not to join the resistance?
5. What does Daniel say crawled all over his blanket?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Passover provide hope for the Jewish people?
2. Is it necessary for the kapo in charge of Daniel's group to be so cruel?
3. Why does Adam talk about the horrors of Auschwitz in a matter of fact tone?
4. What does Rosa's statement that she will leave a note in Daniel's old apartment as to where she is an indication of?
5. What is the difference between the Americans and the civilians of the Buchenwald in chapter fifteen?
6. What is the significance of Daniel's valuables he keeps in the cupboard?
7. How does Daniel's access to a radio symbolize his hope returning?
8. How do the Germans successfully dehumanize the Jews?
9. What is the role of Karl in the story?
10. What is the significance of Peter's last words, "Find my family. Tell them. You go to Palestine for me. Remember..." ?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)