|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
(a) His flat.
(b) At work.
(c) Her flat.
(d) The courtyard.
2. What does Erika tell Daniel when they meet at the fence?
(a) That she won't survive the selection.
(b) That she won't stop playing.
(c) That she won't play anymore.
(d) That she won't stop trying.
3. What does Adam tell Daniel the day after the rebellion?
(a) I am sad.
(b) I am proud of them.
(c) I am scared of death.
(d) I'll have my revenge.
4. What does Father tell Daniel he will do for Peter at the end of the book?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Adopt him.
(c) Give him a proper buriel.
(d) Barter for him.
5. After working at the factory a week, whom does Daniel meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Daniel vow to do?
2. During his march back to the barracks from work, what does Daniel tell his father?
3. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, whom does he see on the street?
4. During Daniel's third time on a train, and what does he say he feels?
5. Whom does Daniel talk to about whether or not to join the resistance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Buchenwald a good place for the Germans?
2. What does the train ride symbolize in chapter thirteen?
3. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
4. How does Passover provide hope for the Jewish people?
5. How do the photographs illustrate the declining conditions for the Jews?
6. Why does Daniel's father weep when he learns that Erika is alive?
7. What is the role of Karl in the story?
8. What convinces Daniel that his mother is dead?
9. Why does Daniel need to see Erika a day after Adam's death?
10. What is the significance of Daniel telling Adam, "Anything is better than sitting here like a helpless rabbit."?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)