|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
(b) A shower.
(c) A bath.
2. While Daniel is in quarantine a second time, where does he sleep?
(a) On mattresses.
(b) On mats.
(c) In a big room.
(d) On bunks.
3. What does Father tell Daniel when Daniel refuses to help the wounded Nazi?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) We are not like them.
4. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
5. During their last meeting, what does Rosa tell Daniel about her family?
(a) They are leaving.
(b) They are all going to hide.
(c) They are spliting up.
(d) They are going to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Daniel and his father are moved to regular camp, what shocks them?
2. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
3. What does Daniel and his father do to look healthy at the entrance to Auschwitz?
4. What happens to the rebels at Auschwitz?
5. After Daniel arrives at Auschwitz, what does he hope people who find his hidden photo album will do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel's father weep when he learns that Erika is alive?
2. What is the significance of Peter's last words, "Find my family. Tell them. You go to Palestine for me. Remember..." ?
3. What is the difference between the Americans and the civilians of the Buchenwald in chapter fifteen?
4. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
5. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
6. What is the significance of Daniel telling Adam, "Anything is better than sitting here like a helpless rabbit."?
7. Why is Father such an important character in chapter 12 ?
8. How does Passover provide hope for the Jewish people?
9. What does the train ride symbolize in chapter thirteen?
10. How do the photographs illustrate the declining conditions for the Jews?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)