|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
2. In the intensive-care ward of the hospital, what does Peter tell Daniel?
(a) To find his family.
(b) Thank you.
(c) To live.
(d) To love.
3. At Auschwitz, what kind of music played as people go to work or to their deaths?
(a) Funeral marching songs.
(b) Graduation marching songs
(c) Birthday tunes.
(d) Happy marching songs.
4. What is the first act that father and Daniel perform for the resistance their new camp?
(a) Taking photographs.
(b) Sharing bread.
(c) Dismantling machines.
(d) Bartering for better tools.
5. As the Allies get closer to his new camp, what do many of the SS soldiers do?
(b) Remove their rank insignia or dump their uniforms.
(d) KIll witnesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Adam after the uprising?
2. According to Rosa's mother, what is Auschwitz?
3. When Daniel is ordered out of the freight car, who helps them out of the car?
4. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
5. What does Erika tell Daniel when they meet at the fence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of Karl in the story?
2. Is it necessary for the kapo in charge of Daniel's group to be so cruel?
3. When Daniel attempts to get revenge, why doesn't he feel good?
4. What is the significance of Rosa's words to Daniel about how to carry on?
5. How do the Germans successfully dehumanize the Jews?
6. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
7. What does Rosa's statement that she will leave a note in Daniel's old apartment as to where she is an indication of?
8. What purpose does the model SS father serve for the storyline?
9. How does Daniel's access to a radio symbolize his hope returning?
10. Why does Daniel's father weep when he learns that Erika is alive?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)