|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After working at the factory a week, whom does Daniel meet?
2. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
3. How does Adam talk about the horrors he's seen at Auschwitz?
(a) Matter of factly.
4. What is a kapo?
(a) A prisoner in charge.
(b) A German soldier.
(c) A soup.
(d) A Jewish soldier.
5. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
(a) In the machine shop.
(b) In the hospital
(c) In the carpentry shop.
(d) As a photography assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
2. What does Father tell Daniel he will do for Peter at the end of the book?
3. While in quarantine a second time, whom does Daniel tell his stories?
4. What do the resistance at Auschwitz want Daniel to do for them?
5. After Daniel leaves Auschwitz, what kind of train car is he seated in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Buchenwald a good place for the Germans?
2. Why does Adam talk about the horrors of Auschwitz in a matter of fact tone?
3. Why do the Nazis blow up the crematoria?
4. What is the significance of Peter's last words, "Find my family. Tell them. You go to Palestine for me. Remember..." ?
5. What convinces Daniel that his mother is dead?
6. Is it necessary for the kapo in charge of Daniel's group to be so cruel?
7. What does Rosa's statement that she will leave a note in Daniel's old apartment as to where she is an indication of?
8. How do the Germans successfully dehumanize the Jews?
9. What is the significance of Daniel's valuables he keeps in the cupboard?
10. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)