|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel and his father do to look healthy at the entrance to Auschwitz?
(a) Rub their faces.
(b) Jump up and down.
(c) Bite their lips and pinch their cheeks.
(d) Stoop over.
2. At Auschwitz, what kind of music played as people go to work or to their deaths?
(a) Funeral marching songs.
(b) Happy marching songs.
(c) Birthday tunes.
(d) Graduation marching songs
3. What is a kapo?
(a) A Jewish soldier.
(b) A German soldier.
(c) A soup.
(d) A prisoner in charge.
4. How many hours each day does Daniel work at his new camp?
5. What does the kapo tell Daniel and his father the night they sneak out into the woods?
(a) The Germans have decided to kill everyone.
(b) The Germans have decided to build a gas chamber.
(c) The Germans have decided to abandon the camp.
(d) The Germans have decided to build a crematoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel say to Rosa at the park?
2. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
3. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
4. What other food does Daniel's father barter to get to eat with their rations as Auschwitz?
5. What does Karl give Daniel on his 18th birthday?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)