|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After working at the factory a week, whom does Daniel meet?
2. While in quarantine a second time, whom does Daniel tell his stories?
3. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
(a) Because he loved Adam.
(b) Because Adam stood up for himself.
(c) Because Adam made him laugh.
(d) Because Adam chose his path.
4. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
(b) A shower.
(d) A bath.
5. At the end of Chapter 15, where is Daniel and his father going?
(a) To Lodz.
(b) To Berlin.
(c) To America.
(d) To Frankfurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Daniel and his father marched to next as the Russians approach Auschwitz?
2. According to Rosa's mother, what is Auschwitz?
3. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
4. While walking the four miles to work, whom does Daniel see playing in the band?
5. What does Daniel feel he has to do to make sure he is free?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use the train ride to symbolize how the treatment of Jews have further declined?
2. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
3. What is the role of Karl in the story?
4. Why was Buchenwald a good place for the Germans?
5. What is the significance of Daniel telling Adam, "Anything is better than sitting here like a helpless rabbit."?
6. Why does Daniel's father weep when he learns that Erika is alive?
7. What convinces Daniel that his mother is dead?
8. What does Rosa's statement that she will leave a note in Daniel's old apartment as to where she is an indication of?
9. What purpose does the model SS father serve for the storyline?
10. How does Daniel's access to a radio symbolize his hope returning?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)