|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Daniel is in quarantine a second time, where does he sleep?
(a) On mats.
(b) In a big room.
(c) On mattresses.
(d) On bunks.
2. What is the first act that father and Daniel perform for the resistance their new camp?
(a) Taking photographs.
(b) Sharing bread.
(c) Bartering for better tools.
(d) Dismantling machines.
3. Whom does Daniel look for in Lodz?
4. In the intensive-care ward of the hospital, what does Peter tell Daniel?
(a) To love.
(b) Thank you.
(c) To find his family.
(d) To live.
5. How many hours each day does Daniel work at his new camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. While playing in the band at Auschwitz, what does Erika do the first time she sees Daniel?
2. What is a kapo?
3. While walking the four miles to work, whom does Daniel see playing in the band?
4. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
5. What does Daniel want to tell those just arriving at the Auschwitz camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of Karl in the story?
2. Why does Daniel need to see Erika a day after Adam's death?
3. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
4. What is the importance of Peter being attacked by the Polish boys even though the war is over?
5. What is the difference between the Americans and the civilians of the Buchenwald in chapter fifteen?
6. What is the significance of the author showing the reader how the Germans live?
7. When Daniel attempts to get revenge, why doesn't he feel good?
8. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
9. How do the Germans successfully dehumanize the Jews?
10. Is it necessary for the kapo in charge of Daniel's group to be so cruel?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)