|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel say to Rosa at the park?
(a) He tells her about Peter.
(b) He asks her about Erika.
(c) He tells her about Auschwitz and Mother.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
2. What does the kapo tell Daniel and his father the night they sneak out into the woods?
(a) The Germans have decided to build a crematoria.
(b) The Germans have decided to kill everyone.
(c) The Germans have decided to build a gas chamber.
(d) The Germans have decided to abandon the camp.
3. What happens to Adam after the uprising?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He continues to work in fear.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He escapes.
4. How many hours each day does Daniel work at his new camp?
5. After Daniel leaves Auschwitz, what kind of train car is he seated in?
(a) A freigh car.
(b) A cargo car.
(c) A passenger train car.
(d) An open boxcar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
2. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
3. According to Rosa's mother, what is Auschwitz?
4. What do the resistance at Auschwitz want Daniel to do for them?
5. What do Father and Daniel learn about rations during their time at Auschwitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel need to see Erika a day after Adam's death?
2. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
3. How does Passover provide hope for the Jewish people?
4. Why was Buchenwald a good place for the Germans?
5. What is the significance of Rosa's words to Daniel about how to carry on?
6. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
7. How do the photographs illustrate the declining conditions for the Jews?
8. What purpose does the model SS father serve for the storyline?
9. When Daniel is captured attempting to hide from deportation to Auschwitz, why does he believe the pictures and Erika are right?
10. What does Rosa's statement that she will leave a note in Daniel's old apartment as to where she is an indication of?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)