|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, whom does he see on the street?
(c) The SS soldier.
2. When Daniel is ordered out of the freight car, who helps them out of the car?
(b) Prisoners in striped pajamas.
3. What does Father barter at their new camp?
(a) Furniture for safety.
(b) Furniture for medicine.
(c) Furniture for warm clothes and food.
(d) Furniture for clean water.
4. What happens to the rebels at Auschwitz?
(a) They are all killed.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They escape.
(d) They are killed and captured.
5. What disease does Daniel come down with at Auschwitz?
(a) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rosa, where is Erika?
2. What other food does Daniel's father barter to get to eat with their rations as Auschwitz?
3. Who is Daniel's first client shortly after he begins his new work detail?
4. What do the resistance at Auschwitz want Daniel to do for them?
5. Who's death did Adam witness when he arrives at Auschwitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adam talk about the horrors of Auschwitz in a matter of fact tone?
2. When Daniel attempts to get revenge, why doesn't he feel good?
3. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
4. What is the significance of Rosa's words to Daniel about how to carry on?
5. What is the difference between the Americans and the civilians of the Buchenwald in chapter fifteen?
6. Why do the Nazis blow up the crematoria?
7. What is the significance of the author showing the reader how the Germans live?
8. What is the significance of Daniel's valuables he keeps in the cupboard?
9. What convinces Daniel that his mother is dead?
10. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)