|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father tell Daniel when Daniel refuses to help the wounded Nazi?
(b) We are not like them.
(c) Pray for him.
(d) Leave him.
2. After working at the factory a week, whom does Daniel meet?
3. What disease does Daniel come down with at Auschwitz?
(b) Chicken pox.
4. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are careful.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are cut.
(d) They are deloused.
5. With whom does Father develop a good bartering system with at their new camp?
(b) Polish Jews.
(c) Politicial prisoners.
(d) The SS.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erika tell Daniel when they meet at the fence?
2. Who is Daniel's first client shortly after he begins his new work detail?
3. Who's death did Adam witness when he arrives at Auschwitz?
4. After Daniel leaves Auschwitz, what kind of train car is he seated in?
5. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Rosa's words to Daniel about how to carry on?
2. Why do the Nazis blow up the crematoria?
3. Why does Daniel need to see Erika a day after Adam's death?
4. When Daniel is captured attempting to hide from deportation to Auschwitz, why does he believe the pictures and Erika are right?
5. What is the importance of Peter being attacked by the Polish boys even though the war is over?
6. How do the Germans successfully dehumanize the Jews?
7. What convinces Daniel that his mother is dead?
8. Why does Adam talk about the horrors of Auschwitz in a matter of fact tone?
9. When Daniel attempts to get revenge, why doesn't he feel good?
10. Why does Daniel's father weep when he learns that Erika is alive?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)