|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Daniel vow to do?
(a) Go to Palestine.
(d) Find Mother and Erika.
2. According to Rosa's mother, what is Auschwitz?
(a) A death camp.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A ghetto.
(d) A place of German soldiers.
3. After working at the factory a week, whom does Daniel meet?
4. What is the weather like when Daniel and his father are riding in an open boxcar?
5. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
(a) Evidence of death.
(b) Evidence of healing.
(c) Evidence of Nazi brutality.
(d) Evidence of care.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Daniel's first night in Auschwitz, what is the only he sounds he can hear once the lights are turned off?
2. While Daniel is in quarantine a second time, where does he sleep?
3. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
4. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
5. While playing in the band at Auschwitz, what does Erika do the first time she sees Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Nazis blow up the crematoria?
2. How does Daniel's access to a radio symbolize his hope returning?
3. In what ways are the Germans confused about their future plans?
4. What is the significance of Daniel's valuables he keeps in the cupboard?
5. What is the difference between the Americans and the civilians of the Buchenwald in chapter fifteen?
6. What is the significance of Daniel telling Adam, "Anything is better than sitting here like a helpless rabbit."?
7. Why does Daniel's father weep when he learns that Erika is alive?
8. When Daniel attempts to get revenge, why doesn't he feel good?
9. Why does Daniel need to see Erika a day after Adam's death?
10. Why is Father such an important character in chapter 12 ?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)