|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Daniel's first day at his new school, what is his mother is upset about?
(a) That Daniel isn't German enough to go to a German school.
(b) That Daniel has new friends.
(c) That Daniel is happy with his new school.
(d) That his father's store was bombed.
2. What is the name of Daniel's public school teacher?
(a) Uncle Peter.
(b) Mr. Shingles.
(c) Mr. Schneider.
(d) Mr. Smith.
3. After Daniel leaves public school, who becomes his new teacher?
(a) His mother.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Uncle Walter.
(d) His father.
4. What letter was stamped on all Jewish I.D. cards?
5. Who goes with Daniel and Erika to the first meeting of Rosa's group?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the German soldiers do to those at the hospital in Lodz?
2. How many years has Daniel's family lived in Germany?
3. Where is Rosa actually from?
4. What does Kristallnacht mean?
5. What does Daniel believe the boys who wear the Hitler Youth uniforms feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Daniel in a rush to take the picture of Erika and Rosa another important part of chapter eight?
2. Why does Daniel say the Gestapo officer saw them as only insects?
3. What does the photograph of Rosa symbolize?
4. In what ways is Erika playing in an orchestra not normal for Daniel's family?
5. Why is Erika statement, "But maybe if we can hold out long enough, the war will end before they have a chance to kill us" important to the theme of chapter six?
6. What is the importance of keeping Erika's violin in the cupboard with the radio?
7. Why does Daniel's father insist they carry their belongings with them instead of doing what the Germans said and putting their belongings in the wagon?
8. What is significant about the Brown Shirt boycott of Daniel's father's store?
9. Why does Erika's speech to Daniel and Rosa about choosing love instead of hate say about the theme of the novel?
10. What is most important about the two photographs Daniel recalls in chapter two?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)