|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work does Daniel do while housed in Lodz?
(a) Metal work.
2. Who introduces Rosa to Daniel?
(a) Another worker.
(c) His uncle.
3. What does Rosa want Daniel to promise her if deportation begins?
(a) To help his family.
(b) To hide.
(c) To stay with her.
(d) To fight.
4. After Daniel's family leaves their home, where do they spend the night?
(a) In prison.
(b) In tents.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In a market cellar.
5. What happens on Daniel's birthday in March of 1943?
(a) A youth-group meeting.
(b) His father dies.
(c) A party.
(d) Rosa kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Chapter 6 while protecting children?
2. What is the event is depicted in the first photograph, dated March 30, 1933?
3. What is the purpose of the public exhibition called "The Eternal Jew"?
4. Whom does Daniel have to work up the courage to ask for a picture?
5. What does Daniel's mother believe he has in his photo album?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel's inability to promise Rosa he will hide when his family's deportation papers come demonstrate his love for them?
2. What is significant about Rosa and Daniel teaching the father a lesson about stealing bread from his children?
3. In what ways is Erika playing in an orchestra not normal for Daniel's family?
4. How does Uncle Peter's death affect Daniel?
5. Why did Daniel feel he had to go see "The Eternal Jew"?
6. What significance does Oma Miriam's death have on Daniel?
7. Why is the radio important to Daniel's family?
8. What is the significance of Daniel being able to identify the pictures by feel?
9. Why was Daniel in a rush to take the picture of Erika and Rosa another important part of chapter eight?
10. Why does Daniel not react when he and Fredrich find the elderly man dead in his apartment?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)