|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bizarre outfit did Daniel's Oma Miriam give him?
(a) A camera.
(b) A Hitler Youth uniform.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A brown paper bag.
2. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, who comes to Daniel's home?
(a) Uncle Peter.
(b) The police.
(c) A postman.
(d) An SS Black Shirt.
3. Whom does Daniel have to work up the courage to ask for a picture?
(a) Uncle Ned.
(b) Oma Miriam.
(c) His mother.
4. Why is Daniel's father exempt from the Germans' shipping Jews off to other locations?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is a good salesman.
(c) He is a World War I hero.
(d) He is only half Jewish.
5. What is Daniel doing when Rosa walks into the room for the first time?
(c) Sitting in his underwear.
(d) Taking a shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in June 1944 that Daniel and the ghetto celebrate?
2. What happens to Rosa and her family the summer of 1944?
3. What do Daniel's family do to keep lice from spreading?
4. What happens to Uncle Peter and other Jewish professors?
5. After Daniel's public-school teacher shows the class how inferior he is, what does Daniel do to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once more a member of Daniel's family tries to convince others to leave Germany. What is significant about Uncle Aaron's plea with Uncle Peter and Daniel's parents?
2. Why does Erika's speech to Daniel and Rosa about choosing love instead of hate say about the theme of the novel?
3. Why was Daniel in a rush to take the picture of Erika and Rosa another important part of chapter eight?
4. What does the photograph of Rosa symbolize?
5. Why does Daniel say the Gestapo officer saw them as only insects?
6. What is the significance of sending Uncle Peter's ashes to his family?
7. In what ways is Erika playing in an orchestra not normal for Daniel's family?
8. What purpose does the character of Mr. Schneider serve to the overall plot?
9. The day after the Brown Shirt incident, Uncle Peter comes to take a picture of the word, Jew sprayed on Daniel's father's store. Why is this action of importance that it should be photographed?
10. Why did Daniel feel he had to go see "The Eternal Jew"?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)