|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Germans search for in the ghetto apartments in June 1944?
2. In Daniel's photograph from May 1944, where are Rosa and Erika standing?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A school.
(c) A sewing factory.
(d) An apartment.
3. What bizarre outfit did Daniel's Oma Miriam give him?
(a) A brown paper bag.
(b) A photo album.
(c) A camera.
(d) A Hitler Youth uniform.
4. Whom is Daniel's father able to convince the Germans to let stay with him?
(a) Uncle Leo.
(b) Opa Samuel and Oma Rachel.
(c) Uncle Aaron and his wife.
(d) Uncle Walter and his family.
5. When Daniel looks up from his photo album who is staring at him?
(b) Uncle Aaron.
(c) His mother.
(d) HIs father.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is in the photo?
2. After Daniel's first day at his new school, what is his mother is upset about?
3. Who is Daniel's favorite uncle?
4. How old is Daniel when he meets Rosa?
5. What happens to Uncle Peter six days after Daniel takes Erika to the newsreels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Daniel in a rush to take the picture of Erika and Rosa another important part of chapter eight?
2. What is the importance of keeping Erika's violin in the cupboard with the radio?
3. Why is Erika statement, "But maybe if we can hold out long enough, the war will end before they have a chance to kill us" important to the theme of chapter six?
4. The day after the Brown Shirt incident, Uncle Peter comes to take a picture of the word, Jew sprayed on Daniel's father's store. Why is this action of importance that it should be photographed?
5. What does Daniel's family's delousing of their clothing and bedding and the parents' attempts to give them a balanced diet mean to the overall plot?
6. Why does Auntie Leah decide not to leave her two girls?
7. What is the significance of Daniel being able to identify the pictures by feel?
8. Why does Daniel's father insist they carry their belongings with them instead of doing what the Germans said and putting their belongings in the wagon?
9. What does Daniel mean when he says that Rosa's smile was an act of defiance?
10. In what ways is Erika playing in an orchestra not normal for Daniel's family?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)