|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work does Daniel do while housed in Lodz?
(c) Metal work.
2. Who is Daniel's favorite uncle?
(a) Uncle Peter.
(b) Uncle Walter.
(c) Uncle John.
(d) Uncle Joseph.
3. When Daniel looks up from his photo album who is staring at him?
(a) His mother.
(b) HIs father.
(c) Uncle Aaron.
4. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, what is in the box sent to Daniel's family?
(a) Uncle Peter's ashes.
5. What is the purpose of the public exhibition called "The Eternal Jew"?
(a) To convince the German people to embrace Jews.
(b) To deny how important the German people are.
(c) To convince the German people how disgusting Jews are.
(d) To explain how different Jews are from animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. After summer break, Daniel returns to school. What new law is passed for Jews?
2. How old is Daniel when he meets Rosa?
3. According to Daniel, what is illegal to have in May 1944?
4. What happens to Rosa and her family the summer of 1944?
5. What happens to Uncle Peter six days after Daniel takes Erika to the newsreels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel's photo album come to represent for him?
2. What does Daniel mean when he says that Rosa's smile was an act of defiance?
3. What is significant about Rosa and Daniel teaching the father a lesson about stealing bread from his children?
4. What does the photograph of Rosa symbolize?
5. Why does Daniel say the Gestapo officer saw them as only insects?
6. What is the importance of keeping Erika's violin in the cupboard with the radio?
7. What is the significance of Daniel being able to identify the pictures by feel?
8. Why does Daniel's father insist they carry their belongings with them instead of doing what the Germans said and putting their belongings in the wagon?
9. What is most important about the two photographs Daniel recalls in chapter two?
10. What is the significance of sending Uncle Peter's ashes to his family?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)