|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Daniel have to work up the courage to ask for a picture?
(a) Oma Miriam.
(b) His mother.
(c) Uncle Ned.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is in the photo?
3. According to Daniel, what hit him between the eyes when he was ten?
(a) A baseball.
(b) A tennis ball.
(c) A basketball.
(d) A soccer ball.
4. Daniel is on a train again in Chapter 5. Where do the Nazis tell Daniel he is going?
(a) To Frankfurt.
(b) To a work camp.
(c) To a hospital.
(d) To a home.
5. After Uncle Peter's death, what makes Peter feel better?
(b) Summer and time.
(c) His parents.
(d) Erika's violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel believe the boys who wear the Hitler Youth uniforms feel?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how old is Daniel?
3. Because it is so cold during the winter of 1943, what happens to the walls in Daniel's apartment?
4. What happens on Daniel's birthday in March of 1943?
5. What does Rosa want Daniel to promise her if deportation begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Rosa and Daniel teaching the father a lesson about stealing bread from his children?
2. What is the significance of Daniel being able to identify the pictures by feel?
3. Why was Daniel in a rush to take the picture of Erika and Rosa another important part of chapter eight?
4. What does Daniel mean when he says that Rosa's smile was an act of defiance?
5. How does Daniel's inability to promise Rosa he will hide when his family's deportation papers come demonstrate his love for them?
6. What is the emotional impact of other countries refusal to accept Jews on Daniel's family?
7. What is the significance of sending Uncle Peter's ashes to his family?
8. What purpose does the character of Mr. Schneider serve to the overall plot?
9. What does Daniel's photo album come to represent for him?
10. Once more a member of Daniel's family tries to convince others to leave Germany. What is significant about Uncle Aaron's plea with Uncle Peter and Daniel's parents?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)