|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Daniel's family have to clean their bodies?
(a) A centralized shower.
(b) The tub.
(c) The sink.
(d) A bucket.
2. In the winter of 1943, what do Daniel and Fredrich discover in the apartment neighboring Fredrich?
(b) A dead man.
(c) A rat.
3. On March 30, 1933, what do Daniel's Uncle Walter and Uncle Peter argue about?
(b) Leaving Germany.
4. How old is Daniel's sister?
5. After Uncle Peter's death, what happens to Daniel's marks in school?
(a) They drop.
(b) They soar.
(c) They remain the same.
(d) They go up and down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Rosa and her family the summer of 1944?
2. Where is Rosa actually from?
3. What happens to Uncle Peter six days after Daniel takes Erika to the newsreels?
4. During the night after Daniel's family leaves their home, why can't Erika stop crying?
5. After France and Great Britain declared war on Germany, what does Daniel's family need to get groceries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel mean when he says that Rosa's smile was an act of defiance?
2. What is the significance of sending Uncle Peter's ashes to his family?
3. What significance does Oma Miriam's death have on Daniel?
4. Why did Daniel feel he had to go see "The Eternal Jew"?
5. The day after the Brown Shirt incident, Uncle Peter comes to take a picture of the word, Jew sprayed on Daniel's father's store. Why is this action of importance that it should be photographed?
6. What does Daniel's photo album come to represent for him?
7. What is significant about the Brown Shirt boycott of Daniel's father's store?
8. How does Uncle Peter's death affect Daniel?
9. What is most important about the two photographs Daniel recalls in chapter two?
10. Why is the radio important to Daniel's family?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)