|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The summer of 1943, who does Daniel see every day?
(a) Uncle Ned.
(d) German soldiers.
2. What does Erika do to help Rosa and the other workers?
(a) Give a speech.
(b) Play her violin.
(c) Give her soup to others.
(d) Organize a meeting.
3. What does Oma Miriam write in her note to Daniel's family?
(a) She is hungry.
(b) She loves them.
(c) She fears what was ahead.
(d) She is sorry for making them take care of her.
4. When Daniel and his family get off the train after leaving their home, where are they?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Lodz, Poland.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) Paris, France.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how old is Daniel?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Daniel start at his new school?
2. What does Daniel think of his mother's appearance in Chapter 3?
3. Who dies at the end of Chapter 6 while protecting children?
4. Who becomes ill the summer of 1943?
5. What does the Gestapo officer come to Daniel's to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Uncle Peter's death affect Daniel?
2. In what ways is Erika playing in an orchestra not normal for Daniel's family?
3. What is the emotional impact of other countries refusal to accept Jews on Daniel's family?
4. What is the significance of sending Uncle Peter's ashes to his family?
5. Why is the radio important to Daniel's family?
6. How does Daniel's inability to promise Rosa he will hide when his family's deportation papers come demonstrate his love for them?
7. The day after the Brown Shirt incident, Uncle Peter comes to take a picture of the word, Jew sprayed on Daniel's father's store. Why is this action of importance that it should be photographed?
8. What significance does Oma Miriam's death have on Daniel?
9. Why does Erika's speech to Daniel and Rosa about choosing love instead of hate say about the theme of the novel?
10. What is the significance of Daniel being able to identify the pictures by feel?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)