|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What laws does Germany pass that forbid Jews from marrying Germans?
(a) Bill of Rights.
(b) Nuremberg Laws.
(c) Hitler Laws.
(d) Nazi Laws.
2. What does Erika do to help Rosa and the other workers?
(a) Play her violin.
(b) Give her soup to others.
(c) Organize a meeting.
(d) Give a speech.
3. In July 1944, what event do the some Germans try unsuccessfully?
(a) An election.
(b) A parade.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A coup.
4. What does Daniel say had saved his life while living in Lodz?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His boots.
5. Whom does Daniel have to work up the courage to ask for a picture?
(b) His mother.
(c) Uncle Ned.
(d) Oma Miriam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Rosa that is an act of defiance according to Daniel?
2. Whom is Daniel's father able to convince the Germans to let stay with him?
3. What book does Daniel take from the shelf at Rosa's group meeting place?
4. What is the name of Daniel's public school teacher?
5. Where is Rosa actually from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of sending Uncle Peter's ashes to his family?
2. How does Daniel's access to a radio symbolize his hope returning?
3. Why is the radio important to Daniel's family?
4. Why do the Nazis blow up the crematoria?
5. How does Uncle Peter's death affect Daniel?
6. Why was Daniel in a rush to take the picture of Erika and Rosa another important part of chapter eight?
7. What is most important about the two photographs Daniel recalls in chapter two?
8. Why was Buchenwald a good place for the Germans?
9. Why is the scene with Daniel and his friends skirmish with the Hitler Youth boys important to the story?
10. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)