|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Daniel's sister?
2. What happens in June 1944 that Daniel and the ghetto celebrate?
(b) A riot.
(c) Deportations stops.
(d) World War II ends.
3. What group does Rosa start?
(a) A prayer group.
(b) A study group.
(c) A youth group.
(d) A worker group.
4. What does Oma Miriam write in her note to Daniel's family?
(a) She is hungry.
(b) She is sorry for making them take care of her.
(c) She fears what was ahead.
(d) She loves them.
5. When Daniel and his family leave their home, what do the authorities search them for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What laws does Germany pass that forbid Jews from marrying Germans?
2. What happens on Daniel's birthday in March of 1943?
3. What do Rosa and Erika do for work?
4. After Uncle Peter's death, what happens to Daniel's marks in school?
5. What news comes in October that scares Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tragedy of the kitchen workers at the sewing factory keeping the good vegetables for themselves?
2. What does Daniel mean when he says that Rosa's smile was an act of defiance?
3. Why does Auntie Leah decide not to leave her two girls?
4. Why is the scene with Daniel and his friends skirmish with the Hitler Youth boys important to the story?
5. How does Uncle Peter's death affect Daniel?
6. What does Daniel mean when he says, "Yes, I can see from going through these pictures how it all started slowly and then got worse and worse and how the German people didn't try to stop it and how slowly all our rights were taken away until we were nothing but bodies being shipped out."
7. Why is Erika statement, "But maybe if we can hold out long enough, the war will end before they have a chance to kill us" important to the theme of chapter six?
8. In what ways is Erika playing in an orchestra not normal for Daniel's family?
9. What is the significance of Daniel being able to identify the pictures by feel?
10. Why does Daniel say the Gestapo officer saw them as only insects?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)