|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erika do to help Rosa and the other workers?
(a) Give her soup to others.
(b) Give a speech.
(c) Play her violin.
(d) Organize a meeting.
2. What happens to Rosa and her family the summer of 1944?
(a) They are separated.
(b) They are deported.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They move into Friedrich's apartment.
3. In Lodz, how long does a loaf of bread have to last each person?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 6 days.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is in the photo?
5. During the winter of 1943, what becomes scare?
Short Answer Questions
1. In July 1944, what event do the some Germans try unsuccessfully?
2. What does Daniel believe the boys who wear the Hitler Youth uniforms feel?
3. What type of work does Daniel do while housed in Lodz?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 5, how long has it been since Daniel got off the train in Lodz?
5. According to Daniel's teacher, why is Daniel always in trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel's inability to promise Rosa he will hide when his family's deportation papers come demonstrate his love for them?
2. What does Daniel's family's delousing of their clothing and bedding and the parents' attempts to give them a balanced diet mean to the overall plot?
3. What does the Hitler Youth uniform Oma Miriam makes for Daniel symbolize?
4. Why does Daniel need to see Erika a day after Adam's death?
5. What is significant about Rosa and Daniel teaching the father a lesson about stealing bread from his children?
6. Why was Daniel in a rush to take the picture of Erika and Rosa another important part of chapter eight?
7. What is the importance of Peter being attacked by the Polish boys even though the war is over?
8. How does Adam's death prove that he lived only for revenge?
9. Why is the radio important to Daniel's family?
10. What is most important about the two photographs Daniel recalls in chapter two?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)