|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Daniel's public school teacher?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Shingles.
(c) Mr. Schneider.
(d) Uncle Peter.
2. What happens to Uncle Peter and other Jewish professors?
(a) They are all killed.
(b) They are fired from their university positions.
(c) They are given other university positions.
(d) They are given a cut in pay.
3. Where is Rosa actually from?
4. In Lodz, how long does a loaf of bread have to last each person?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 10 days.
5. What does Daniel think of his mother's appearance in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) That she is too thin.
(c) That she is tired.
(d) That she is close to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Daniel's public-school teacher shows the class how inferior he is, what does Daniel do to him?
2. What does Rosa want Daniel to promise her if deportation begins?
3. What happens to Daniel's father's store the day after Kristallnacht?
4. What does Rosa tell Daniel about the man who lives near her apartment?
5. What is the purpose of the public exhibition called "The Eternal Jew"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Daniel in a rush to take the picture of Erika and Rosa another important part of chapter eight?
2. Why is the radio important to Daniel's family?
3. What is the importance of keeping Erika's violin in the cupboard with the radio?
4. What does the photograph of Rosa symbolize?
5. Why did Daniel feel he had to go see "The Eternal Jew"?
6. What is significant about the Brown Shirt boycott of Daniel's father's store?
7. Why is Erika statement, "But maybe if we can hold out long enough, the war will end before they have a chance to kill us" important to the theme of chapter six?
8. What is the emotional impact of other countries refusal to accept Jews on Daniel's family?
9. Once more a member of Daniel's family tries to convince others to leave Germany. What is significant about Uncle Aaron's plea with Uncle Peter and Daniel's parents?
10. What does the Hitler Youth uniform Oma Miriam makes for Daniel symbolize?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)