|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the public exhibition called "The Eternal Jew"?
(a) To explain how different Jews are from animals.
(b) To convince the German people how disgusting Jews are.
(c) To convince the German people to embrace Jews.
(d) To deny how important the German people are.
2. What is Daniel doing when Rosa walks into the room for the first time?
(a) Sitting in his underwear.
(b) Taking a shower.
3. After Daniel leaves public school, who becomes his new teacher?
(a) Uncle Walter.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. After Uncle Peter's death, what makes Peter feel better?
(a) His parents.
(b) Erika's violin.
(d) Summer and time.
5. During the last meeting in the courtyard, what does Erika tell Rosa and Daniel to do when confronted with so much hate?
(a) To fight.
(b) To hide.
(c) To wait for rescue.
(d) Choose love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Daniel's uncles moves to the United States?
2. When Daniel and his family leave their home, what do the authorities search them for?
3. According to Daniel's teacher, why is Daniel always in trouble?
4. Where is Rosa actually from?
5. What does Oma Miriam do after Daniel's bar mitzvah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does tradition and the fact that Daniel's family has been in Germany for over a thousand years affect his parents' decisions about emigrating?
2. How does Daniel's inability to promise Rosa he will hide when his family's deportation papers come demonstrate his love for them?
3. What does Daniel's photo album come to represent for him?
4. What is significant about the Brown Shirt boycott of Daniel's father's store?
5. What is the tragedy of the kitchen workers at the sewing factory keeping the good vegetables for themselves?
6. The day after the Brown Shirt incident, Uncle Peter comes to take a picture of the word, Jew sprayed on Daniel's father's store. Why is this action of importance that it should be photographed?
7. Why is Erika statement, "But maybe if we can hold out long enough, the war will end before they have a chance to kill us" important to the theme of chapter six?
8. Once more a member of Daniel's family tries to convince others to leave Germany. What is significant about Uncle Aaron's plea with Uncle Peter and Daniel's parents?
9. Why did Daniel feel he had to go see "The Eternal Jew"?
10. What does Daniel mean when he says that Rosa's smile was an act of defiance?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)