|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel's mother believe he has in his photo album?
(a) Good memories.
(b) Pictures of weddings.
(c) Pictures of bar mitzvahs.
(d) Horrible memories.
2. On March 30, 1933, what do Daniel's Uncle Walter and Uncle Peter argue about?
(b) Leaving Germany.
3. What happens to Rosa and other workers who refuse to eat their soup at the sewing factory?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are fired.
(c) They are ignored.
(d) They are killed.
4. What do Daniel's family do to keep lice from spreading?
(a) Remove the lice and kill the eggs every night.
(b) Remove the lice.
(d) Wear scarves.
5. What is the name of Daniel's public school teacher?
(a) Mr. Schneider.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Shingles.
(d) Uncle Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Daniel's photograph from May 1944, where are Rosa and Erika standing?
2. What does Erika do to help Rosa and the other workers?
3. How old is Daniel's sister?
4. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, who comes to Daniel's home?
5. During the night after Daniel's family leaves their home, why can't Erika stop crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel mean when he says, "Yes, I can see from going through these pictures how it all started slowly and then got worse and worse and how the German people didn't try to stop it and how slowly all our rights were taken away until we were nothing but bodies being shipped out."
2. What is the significance of Daniel being able to identify the pictures by feel?
3. Why does Auntie Leah decide not to leave her two girls?
4. What is the tragedy of the kitchen workers at the sewing factory keeping the good vegetables for themselves?
5. What is the significance of sending Uncle Peter's ashes to his family?
6. Why is Erika statement, "But maybe if we can hold out long enough, the war will end before they have a chance to kill us" important to the theme of chapter six?
7. What does Daniel's family's delousing of their clothing and bedding and the parents' attempts to give them a balanced diet mean to the overall plot?
8. What does the Hitler Youth uniform Oma Miriam makes for Daniel symbolize?
9. What is the importance of keeping Erika's violin in the cupboard with the radio?
10. The day after the Brown Shirt incident, Uncle Peter comes to take a picture of the word, Jew sprayed on Daniel's father's store. Why is this action of importance that it should be photographed?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)