|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Daniel determined to live?
(a) To help his family.
(b) To bear witness against the Germans.
(c) To revenge his grandparents.
(d) To find Rosa.
2. What do the American soldiers give Daniel and other Jewish prisoners?
(a) Gum, chocolate, and cigarettes.
3. What does Daniel feel he has to do to make sure he is free?
(a) Kill an SS Nazi.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Eat real food.
(d) Walk through the gates of the camp.
4. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
(a) Her flat.
(b) His flat.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) At work.
5. What does Erika tell Daniel when they meet at the fence?
(a) That she won't play anymore.
(b) That she won't stop trying.
(c) That she won't stop playing.
(d) That she won't survive the selection.
6. What does Father tell Daniel when Daniel refuses to help the wounded Nazi?
(b) Leave him.
(c) We are not like them.
(d) Pray for him.
7. While walking the four miles to work, whom does Daniel see playing in the band?
(a) Uncle Ned.
8. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
9. What is a kapo?
(a) A German soldier.
(b) A prisoner in charge.
(c) A soup.
(d) A Jewish soldier.
10. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
(c) Uncle Peter.
11. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
(a) That he hates Germans.
(b) That he will do anything to help the resistence.
(c) That he will kill the SS soldiers.
(d) That he is scared.
12. With whom does Father develop a good bartering system with at their new camp?
(a) Politicial prisoners.
(b) Polish Jews.
(d) The SS.
13. What does Karl tell Daniel about the workers at their new camp?
(a) They work slowly, but make it seem they are busy.
(b) They are resistance.
(c) They work slowly and it angers the SS.
(d) They are busy, quick workers.
14. What does Daniel and his father do to look healthy at the entrance to Auschwitz?
(a) Rub their faces.
(b) Jump up and down.
(c) Bite their lips and pinch their cheeks.
(d) Stoop over.
15. According to Daniel, what had the Nazis created for themselves at his new camp?
(a) A community.
(b) A squalor.
(c) A heaven.
(d) A paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the prisoners at Auschwitz forced to wear?
2. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
3. When Daniel and his father are moved to regular camp, what shocks them?
4. What does Daniel say crawled all over his blanket?
5. After Daniel's parents and Erika are deported, what happens to Daniel as he leaves the apartment?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)