|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Daniel's father, where does the smoke at Auschwitz come from?
(a) Wood for the German soliders.
(b) Forest fires.
(c) Burning bodies.
2. How does Adam talk about the horrors he's seen at Auschwitz?
(d) Matter of factly.
3. While in quarantine a second time, whom does Daniel tell his stories?
4. What is the first act that father and Daniel perform for the resistance their new camp?
(a) Dismantling machines.
(b) Bartering for better tools.
(c) Taking photographs.
(d) Sharing bread.
5. What do the American soldiers give Daniel and other Jewish prisoners?
(c) Gum, chocolate, and cigarettes.
6. How does Daniel feel when he gives the camera to the kapo?
(b) His spirits are lifted.
7. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
(a) In the machine shop.
(b) In the hospital
(c) In the carpentry shop.
(d) As a photography assistant.
8. What does Daniel remember about the children from the medical facilities at his new camp?
(a) They are used for forced labor.
(b) They are starved to death.
(c) They are used for target practice.
(d) They are used for experiments.
9. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
(a) In German barracks.
(b) In modest housing.
(c) In opulence.
(d) Like the prisoners.
10. Who is Karl?
(a) A German.
(b) A politicial prisoner.
(c) A Polish Jew.
(d) A Ukrainian Jew.
11. What happens to Adam after the uprising?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He continues to work in fear.
(d) He is killed.
12. What does Daniel say to Rosa at the park?
(a) He asks her about Erika.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He tells her about Peter.
(d) He tells her about Auschwitz and Mother.
13. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
14. What do Father and Daniel learn about rations during their time at Auschwitz?
(a) The Nazis want them for the gas chamber.
(b) The Nazis want them to live longer.
(c) The Nazis want them to work longer.
(d) You will live a few months.
15. After Daniel's parents and Erika are deported, what happens to Daniel as he leaves the apartment?
(a) He lives alone.
(b) He goes to work.
(c) He is caught.
(d) He goes to find Rosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Daniel vow to do?
2. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
3. What other food does Daniel's father barter to get to eat with their rations as Auschwitz?
4. According to Daniel, what had the Nazis created for themselves at his new camp?
5. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)