|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After working at the factory a week, whom does Daniel meet?
2. During Daniel's first night in Auschwitz, what is the only he sounds he can hear once the lights are turned off?
3. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
4. What disease does Daniel come down with at Auschwitz?
(c) Chicken pox.
5. Who's death did Adam witness when he arrives at Auschwitz?
(a) His father's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His little sister's.
(d) His mother's.
6. What happens to the rebels at Auschwitz?
(a) They are all killed.
(b) They escape.
(c) They are killed and captured.
(d) They are imprisoned.
7. How does Adam talk about the horrors he's seen at Auschwitz?
(d) Matter of factly.
8. What does Daniel remember about the children from the medical facilities at his new camp?
(a) They are used for forced labor.
(b) They are used for experiments.
(c) They are used for target practice.
(d) They are starved to death.
9. How many hours each day does Daniel work at his new camp?
10. During his march back to the barracks from work, what does Daniel tell his father?
(a) To be strong.
(b) That he loved him.
(c) That Erika is alive.
(d) To live.
11. What is the first act that father and Daniel perform for the resistance their new camp?
(a) Bartering for better tools.
(b) Sharing bread.
(c) Taking photographs.
(d) Dismantling machines.
12. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Daniel vow to do?
(b) Go to Palestine.
(d) Find Mother and Erika.
13. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
(a) The burning of Crematorium IV.
(b) Killing a bunch of SS guards.
(c) Stealing stuff from Canada.
(d) Runing away.
14. What do the American soldiers give Daniel and other Jewish prisoners?
(d) Gum, chocolate, and cigarettes.
15. How does Daniel feel when he gives the camera to the kapo?
(d) His spirits are lifted.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Daniel is in quarantine a second time, where does he sleep?
2. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
3. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
4. What does Daniel feel he has to do to make sure he is free?
5. What emotions go through Daniel as he witnesses the horrific act while getting chemicals?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)