|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
(a) In the carpentry shop.
(b) In the hospital
(c) As a photography assistant.
(d) In the machine shop.
2. Where are Daniel and his father going after being in Auschwitz for three months?
3. When Daniel is ordered out of the freight car, who helps them out of the car?
(d) Prisoners in striped pajamas.
4. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
(a) Evidence of Nazi brutality.
(b) Evidence of care.
(c) Evidence of healing.
(d) Evidence of death.
5. What does Karl give Daniel on his 18th birthday?
(a) A new loaf of bread.
(b) A job.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A camera.
6. During Daniel's first night in Auschwitz, what is the only he sounds he can hear once the lights are turned off?
7. What is a kapo?
(a) A Jewish soldier.
(b) A prisoner in charge.
(c) A soup.
(d) A German soldier.
8. What is the first act that father and Daniel perform for the resistance their new camp?
(a) Bartering for better tools.
(b) Dismantling machines.
(c) Sharing bread.
(d) Taking photographs.
9. At Auschwitz, what is located in the area Daniel calls Canada?
(b) Stolen loot from prisoners.
10. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
11. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
(d) Uncle Peter.
12. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
(a) Because he loved Adam.
(b) Because Adam chose his path.
(c) Because Adam stood up for himself.
(d) Because Adam made him laugh.
13. What does Daniel's kapo do after they leave the Canada storehouses?
(a) Beats him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Winks and kicks him.
(d) Whips him.
14. Where is Daniel and his father marched to next as the Russians approach Auschwitz?
15. What does Karl have that Daniel wants?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A camera.
(c) A radio.
(d) A extra piece of cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Daniel's first client shortly after he begins his new work detail?
2. What emotions go through Daniel as he witnesses the horrific act while getting chemicals?
3. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
4. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
5. After working at the factory a week, whom does Daniel meet?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)