|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel say crawled all over his blanket?
2. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
(a) In the machine shop.
(b) As a photography assistant.
(c) In the hospital
(d) In the carpentry shop.
3. What does Father tell Daniel he will do for Peter at the end of the book?
(a) Give him a proper buriel.
(b) Barter for him.
(c) Feed him.
(d) Adopt him.
4. While in quarantine a second time, whom does Daniel tell his stories?
5. Who is Karl?
(a) A German.
(b) A Polish Jew.
(c) A politicial prisoner.
(d) A Ukrainian Jew.
6. Who's death did Adam witness when he arrives at Auschwitz?
(a) His little sister's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His mother's.
7. What happens to the rebels at Auschwitz?
(a) They escape.
(b) They are killed and captured.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are all killed.
8. What emotions go through Daniel as he witnesses the horrific act while getting chemicals?
(b) Anger and fear.
(c) Numbness and sadness.
9. What other food does Daniel's father barter to get to eat with their rations as Auschwitz?
(b) More bread.
(c) Sausage and cheese.
10. What does Daniel feel when he witnessed the bodies being burned in the pit?
11. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
(a) Evidence of death.
(b) Evidence of Nazi brutality.
(c) Evidence of healing.
(d) Evidence of care.
12. What does Daniel say to Rosa at the park?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He tells her about Peter.
(c) He asks her about Erika.
(d) He tells her about Auschwitz and Mother.
13. What do the American soldiers give Daniel and other Jewish prisoners?
(c) Gum, chocolate, and cigarettes.
14. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, what act horrifies him?
(a) The dead bodies in the streets.
(b) The shooting death of the boy sweeping the street.
(c) The crematoria.
15. For four weeks, where are Daniel and his father kept?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In tents.
(c) In prison.
(d) In quarantine at Birkenau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
2. After Daniel's parents and Erika are deported, what happens to Daniel as he leaves the apartment?
3. While Daniel's group is marched to the Canada complex, who is just arriving in Auschwitz?
4. According to Daniel, what had the Nazis created for themselves at his new camp?
5. At the end of Chapter 15, where is Daniel and his father going?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)