|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a kapo?
(a) A German soldier.
(b) A soup.
(c) A Jewish soldier.
(d) A prisoner in charge.
2. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
(a) Because Adam stood up for himself.
(b) Because Adam made him laugh.
(c) Because he loved Adam.
(d) Because Adam chose his path.
3. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, whom does he see on the street?
(d) The SS soldier.
4. During Daniel's third time on a train, and what does he say he feels?
(a) Anger, fury, and determination.
(b) Sadness, fear, and hunger.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) Confusion, fear, and hunger
5. What do the American soldiers give Daniel and other Jewish prisoners?
(b) Gum, chocolate, and cigarettes.
6. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
(a) In German barracks.
(b) Like the prisoners.
(c) In opulence.
(d) In modest housing.
7. What does Adam tell Daniel the day after the rebellion?
(a) I'll have my revenge.
(b) I am scared of death.
(c) I am proud of them.
(d) I am sad.
8. What does Daniel feel he has to do to make sure he is free?
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Kill an SS Nazi.
(c) Walk through the gates of the camp.
(d) Eat real food.
9. According to Daniel, what had the Nazis created for themselves at his new camp?
(a) A heaven.
(b) A squalor.
(c) A paradise.
(d) A community.
10. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are careful.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are cut.
(d) They are deloused.
11. During his march back to the barracks from work, what does Daniel tell his father?
(a) That he loved him.
(b) That Erika is alive.
(c) To be strong.
(d) To live.
12. What does Karl give Daniel on his 18th birthday?
(a) A camera.
(b) A new loaf of bread.
(c) A job.
(d) New clothes.
13. What happens to the rebels at Auschwitz?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They escape.
(c) They are all killed.
(d) They are killed and captured.
14. What does Daniel feel when he witnessed the bodies being burned in the pit?
15. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father barter at their new camp?
2. What is the weather like when Daniel and his father are riding in an open boxcar?
3. After Daniel arrives at Auschwitz, what does he hope people who find his hidden photo album will do?
4. What does the kapo tell Daniel and his father the night they sneak out into the woods?
5. As the Allies get closer to his new camp, what do many of the SS soldiers do?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)