|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotions go through Daniel as he witnesses the horrific act while getting chemicals?
(c) Anger and fear.
(d) Numbness and sadness.
2. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
3. What does the kapo tell Daniel and his father the night they sneak out into the woods?
(a) The Germans have decided to build a gas chamber.
(b) The Germans have decided to kill everyone.
(c) The Germans have decided to build a crematoria.
(d) The Germans have decided to abandon the camp.
4. What does Daniel remember about the children from the medical facilities at his new camp?
(a) They are used for forced labor.
(b) They are used for target practice.
(c) They are used for experiments.
(d) They are starved to death.
5. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
(a) In the machine shop.
(b) In the carpentry shop.
(c) In the hospital
(d) As a photography assistant.
6. During Daniel's third time on a train, and what does he say he feels?
(a) Confusion, fear, and hunger
(b) Anger, fury, and determination.
(c) Sadness, fear, and hunger.
(d) Nothing at all.
7. While in quarantine a second time, whom does Daniel tell his stories?
8. What does Erika tell Daniel when they meet at the fence?
(a) That she won't survive the selection.
(b) That she won't stop trying.
(c) That she won't play anymore.
(d) That she won't stop playing.
9. Once Daniel and his father are assigned to barracks, what does he sleep on?
(a) His clothes.
(b) Blankets on the floor.
(c) A bed.
(d) A straw pallet.
10. What do the resistance at Auschwitz want Daniel to do for them?
(c) Build bombs.
(d) Take pictures.
11. What does Adam tell Daniel the day after the rebellion?
(a) I'll have my revenge.
(b) I am proud of them.
(c) I am sad.
(d) I am scared of death.
12. What do the American soldiers give Daniel and other Jewish prisoners?
(c) Gum, chocolate, and cigarettes.
13. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
(a) Like the prisoners.
(b) In German barracks.
(c) In opulence.
(d) In modest housing.
14. What does Karl have that Daniel wants?
(a) A radio.
(b) A camera.
(c) A extra piece of cheese.
(d) A flashlight.
15. What does Father tell Daniel he will do for Peter at the end of the book?
(a) Barter for him.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Give him a proper buriel.
(d) Adopt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father tell Daniel when Daniel refuses to help the wounded Nazi?
2. What disease does Daniel come down with at Auschwitz?
3. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
4. In their new barracks at Auschwitz, Daniel and his father must sleep on what?
5. After Daniel's parents and Erika are deported, what happens to Daniel as he leaves the apartment?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)