|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl tell Daniel about the workers at their new camp?
(a) They are resistance.
(b) They are busy, quick workers.
(c) They work slowly, but make it seem they are busy.
(d) They work slowly and it angers the SS.
2. What does Daniel's kapo do after they leave the Canada storehouses?
(a) Whips him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Winks and kicks him.
(d) Beats him.
3. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Daniel vow to do?
(b) Go to Palestine.
(d) Find Mother and Erika.
4. When Daniel and his father are moved to regular camp, what shocks them?
(a) How hard the beds are.
(b) How little food is given to them.
(c) How rough the inmates are.
(d) How hard the work is.
5. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
(c) A shower.
(d) A bath.
6. What are the prisoners at Auschwitz forced to wear?
(a) Orange jumpsuits.
(b) Black jumpsuits.
(c) Striped pajamas and clogs.
7. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, what act horrifies him?
(a) The dead bodies in the streets.
(b) The shooting death of the boy sweeping the street.
(c) The crematoria.
8. During their last meeting, what does Rosa tell Daniel about her family?
(a) They are all going to hide.
(b) They are going to fight.
(c) They are spliting up.
(d) They are leaving.
9. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
(a) That he hates Germans.
(b) That he will kill the SS soldiers.
(c) That he will do anything to help the resistence.
(d) That he is scared.
10. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
(a) Because Adam chose his path.
(b) Because Adam made him laugh.
(c) Because Adam stood up for himself.
(d) Because he loved Adam.
11. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They are deloused.
(c) They are careful.
(d) They are cut.
12. During Daniel's first night in Auschwitz, what is the only he sounds he can hear once the lights are turned off?
13. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
(a) Like the prisoners.
(b) In modest housing.
(c) In German barracks.
(d) In opulence.
14. What does the kapo tell Daniel and his father the night they sneak out into the woods?
(a) The Germans have decided to build a crematoria.
(b) The Germans have decided to build a gas chamber.
(c) The Germans have decided to abandon the camp.
(d) The Germans have decided to kill everyone.
15. How does Adam talk about the horrors he's seen at Auschwitz?
(d) Matter of factly.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Daniel leaves Auschwitz, what kind of train car is he seated in?
2. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
3. What do Father and Daniel learn about rations during their time at Auschwitz?
4. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
5. With whom does Father develop a good bartering system with at their new camp?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)