|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Daniel come down with at Auschwitz?
(a) Chicken pox.
2. What does Daniel want to tell those just arriving at the Auschwitz camp?
(b) Warn them of their deaths.
(d) Save yourselves!
3. When Daniel and his father are moved to regular camp, what shocks them?
(a) How hard the beds are.
(b) How hard the work is.
(c) How rough the inmates are.
(d) How little food is given to them.
4. Who is Daniel's first client shortly after he begins his new work detail?
(a) A politicial family.
(b) A SS soldier and his family.
(c) A German official.
(d) A German family.
5. How does Adam talk about the horrors he's seen at Auschwitz?
(c) Matter of factly.
6. What does Daniel feel he has to do to make sure he is free?
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Eat real food.
(c) Walk through the gates of the camp.
(d) Kill an SS Nazi.
7. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
8. What does Father tell Daniel when Daniel refuses to help the wounded Nazi?
(a) Leave him.
(b) We are not like them.
(c) Pray for him.
9. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
(a) In opulence.
(b) In modest housing.
(c) Like the prisoners.
(d) In German barracks.
10. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
(c) A shower.
(d) A bath.
11. What emotions go through Daniel as he witnesses the horrific act while getting chemicals?
(a) Numbness and sadness.
(b) Anger and fear.
12. What does Erika tell Daniel when they meet at the fence?
(a) That she won't play anymore.
(b) That she won't survive the selection.
(c) That she won't stop playing.
(d) That she won't stop trying.
13. At Auschwitz, what is located in the area Daniel calls Canada?
(a) Stolen loot from prisoners.
14. What does Karl tell Daniel about the workers at their new camp?
(a) They work slowly, but make it seem they are busy.
(b) They are resistance.
(c) They work slowly and it angers the SS.
(d) They are busy, quick workers.
15. According to Rosa, where is Erika?
(a) Erika died in Frankfurt.
(b) Erika lived in Berlin.
(c) Erika died in Waldenburg.
(d) Erika lived in Lodz.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Auschwitz, what kind of music played as people go to work or to their deaths?
2. What does Daniel remember about the children from the medical facilities at his new camp?
3. During their last meeting, what does Rosa tell Daniel about her family?
4. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
5. At the end of Chapter 15, where is Daniel and his father going?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)