|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In their new barracks at Auschwitz, Daniel and his father must sleep on what?
(a) On wooden planks.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On blankets.
(d) A bed with 10 others.
2. What does Daniel and his father do to look healthy at the entrance to Auschwitz?
(a) Stoop over.
(b) Jump up and down.
(c) Rub their faces.
(d) Bite their lips and pinch their cheeks.
3. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
(a) That he is scared.
(b) That he hates Germans.
(c) That he will kill the SS soldiers.
(d) That he will do anything to help the resistence.
4. In the intensive-care ward of the hospital, what does Peter tell Daniel?
(a) Thank you.
(b) To live.
(c) To love.
(d) To find his family.
5. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are careful.
(b) They are deloused.
(c) They are cut.
(d) They are happy.
6. What happens to Adam after the uprising?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He continues to work in fear.
7. What does Daniel's kapo do after they leave the Canada storehouses?
(a) Winks and kicks him.
(b) Whips him.
(c) Beats him.
(d) Punches him.
8. What do Father and Daniel learn about rations during their time at Auschwitz?
(a) The Nazis want them for the gas chamber.
(b) You will live a few months.
(c) The Nazis want them to work longer.
(d) The Nazis want them to live longer.
9. During his march back to the barracks from work, what does Daniel tell his father?
(a) To be strong.
(b) That he loved him.
(c) That Erika is alive.
(d) To live.
10. What is the first act that father and Daniel perform for the resistance their new camp?
(a) Bartering for better tools.
(b) Dismantling machines.
(c) Sharing bread.
(d) Taking photographs.
11. With whom does Father develop a good bartering system with at their new camp?
(a) The SS.
(c) Politicial prisoners.
(d) Polish Jews.
12. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
13. What does Daniel say to Rosa at the park?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He tells her about Peter.
(c) He tells her about Auschwitz and Mother.
(d) He asks her about Erika.
14. What does Father barter at their new camp?
(a) Furniture for safety.
(b) Furniture for clean water.
(c) Furniture for warm clothes and food.
(d) Furniture for medicine.
15. What does Adam tell Daniel the day after the rebellion?
(a) I am sad.
(b) I'll have my revenge.
(c) I am scared of death.
(d) I am proud of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
2. During their last meeting, what does Rosa tell Daniel about her family?
3. Whom does Daniel talk to about whether or not to join the resistance?
4. What does Karl give Daniel on his 18th birthday?
5. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)