|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father tell Daniel he will do for Peter at the end of the book?
(a) Barter for him.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Give him a proper buriel.
(d) Adopt him.
2. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
3. As the Allies get closer to his new camp, what do many of the SS soldiers do?
(a) Remove their rank insignia or dump their uniforms.
(d) KIll witnesses.
4. What are the prisoners at Auschwitz forced to wear?
(a) Orange jumpsuits.
(b) Black jumpsuits.
(d) Striped pajamas and clogs.
5. What does Karl tell Daniel about the workers at their new camp?
(a) They work slowly and it angers the SS.
(b) They work slowly, but make it seem they are busy.
(c) They are busy, quick workers.
(d) They are resistance.
6. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are careful.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are deloused.
(d) They are cut.
7. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
(d) Auschwitz I.
8. At Auschwitz, what is located in the area Daniel calls Canada?
(c) Stolen loot from prisoners.
9. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
(a) The burning of Crematorium IV.
(b) Killing a bunch of SS guards.
(c) Runing away.
(d) Stealing stuff from Canada.
10. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
(a) Because he loved Adam.
(b) Because Adam stood up for himself.
(c) Because Adam chose his path.
(d) Because Adam made him laugh.
11. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
(a) In the machine shop.
(b) In the hospital
(c) As a photography assistant.
(d) In the carpentry shop.
12. Whom does Daniel talk to about whether or not to join the resistance?
(a) Uncle Ned.
(c) His father.
13. According to Daniel, what had the Nazis created for themselves at his new camp?
(a) A community.
(b) A paradise.
(c) A heaven.
(d) A squalor.
14. According to Rosa, where is Erika?
(a) Erika died in Frankfurt.
(b) Erika lived in Lodz.
(c) Erika died in Waldenburg.
(d) Erika lived in Berlin.
15. How does Daniel feel when he gives the camera to the kapo?
(d) His spirits are lifted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel's kapo do after they leave the Canada storehouses?
2. What happens to the rebels at Auschwitz?
3. At the end of Chapter 15, where is Daniel and his father going?
4. Who is Karl?
5. What does Daniel feel he has to do to make sure he is free?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)