|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their last meeting, what does Rosa tell Daniel about her family?
(a) They are leaving.
(b) They are spliting up.
(c) They are all going to hide.
(d) They are going to fight.
2. After Daniel leaves Auschwitz, what kind of train car is he seated in?
(a) An open boxcar.
(b) A cargo car.
(c) A freigh car.
(d) A passenger train car.
3. While Daniel is in quarantine a second time, where does he sleep?
(a) On bunks.
(b) In a big room.
(c) On mattresses.
(d) On mats.
4. For four weeks, where are Daniel and his father kept?
(a) In prison.
(b) In tents.
(c) In quarantine at Birkenau.
(d) In a hospital.
5. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, whom does he see on the street?
(c) The SS soldier.
6. Who is Daniel's first client shortly after he begins his new work detail?
(a) A politicial family.
(b) A SS soldier and his family.
(c) A German official.
(d) A German family.
7. After Daniel's parents and Erika are deported, what happens to Daniel as he leaves the apartment?
(a) He lives alone.
(b) He goes to find Rosa.
(c) He is caught.
(d) He goes to work.
8. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
(a) In opulence.
(b) In modest housing.
(c) Like the prisoners.
(d) In German barracks.
9. While in quarantine a second time, whom does Daniel tell his stories?
10. Whom does Daniel look for in Lodz?
11. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
(a) The courtyard.
(b) His flat.
(c) Her flat.
(d) At work.
12. At the end of Chapter 15, where is Daniel and his father going?
(a) To Lodz.
(b) To America.
(c) To Berlin.
(d) To Frankfurt.
13. What does Daniel feel when he witnessed the bodies being burned in the pit?
14. What does Karl have that Daniel wants?
(a) A camera.
(b) A extra piece of cheese.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A radio.
15. What emotions go through Daniel as he witnesses the horrific act while getting chemicals?
(c) Anger and fear.
(d) Numbness and sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Karl?
2. How does Adam talk about the horrors he's seen at Auschwitz?
3. What do the resistance at Auschwitz want Daniel to do for them?
4. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
5. In their new barracks at Auschwitz, Daniel and his father must sleep on what?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)