|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Daniel and his father going after being in Auschwitz for three months?
2. What does Father tell Daniel when Daniel refuses to help the wounded Nazi?
(a) We are not like them.
(b) Leave him.
(d) Pray for him.
3. During his march back to the barracks from work, what does Daniel tell his father?
(a) That he loved him.
(b) To be strong.
(c) That Erika is alive.
(d) To live.
4. When Daniel is ordered out of the freight car, who helps them out of the car?
(c) Prisoners in striped pajamas.
5. While walking the four miles to work, whom does Daniel see playing in the band?
(a) Uncle Ned.
6. What happens to Adam after the uprising?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He continues to work in fear.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He escapes.
7. After Daniel arrives at Auschwitz, what does he hope people who find his hidden photo album will do?
(a) Show people his pictures.
(b) Return it to Rosa.
(c) Remember him.
(d) Tell others about it.
8. What does Daniel's kapo do after they leave the Canada storehouses?
(a) Winks and kicks him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Whips him.
(d) Beats him.
9. When Daniel and his father are moved to regular camp, what shocks them?
(a) How little food is given to them.
(b) How rough the inmates are.
(c) How hard the work is.
(d) How hard the beds are.
10. What does Daniel feel he has to do to make sure he is free?
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Walk through the gates of the camp.
(c) Kill an SS Nazi.
(d) Eat real food.
11. What does Daniel say to Rosa at the park?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her about Erika.
(c) He tells her about Peter.
(d) He tells her about Auschwitz and Mother.
12. What does Daniel say crawled all over his blanket?
13. What do Father and Daniel learn about rations during their time at Auschwitz?
(a) The Nazis want them to live longer.
(b) The Nazis want them for the gas chamber.
(c) The Nazis want them to work longer.
(d) You will live a few months.
14. While Daniel is in quarantine a second time, where does he sleep?
(a) On mattresses.
(b) In a big room.
(c) On mats.
(d) On bunks.
15. What do the American soldiers give Daniel and other Jewish prisoners?
(c) Gum, chocolate, and cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Auschwitz, what is located in the area Daniel calls Canada?
2. After Daniel leaves Auschwitz, what kind of train car is he seated in?
3. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
4. What emotions go through Daniel as he witnesses the horrific act while getting chemicals?
5. How many hours each day does Daniel work at his new camp?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)