|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rosa, where is Erika?
(a) Erika lived in Berlin.
(b) Erika died in Waldenburg.
(c) Erika lived in Lodz.
(d) Erika died in Frankfurt.
2. When Daniel and his father are moved to regular camp, what shocks them?
(a) How little food is given to them.
(b) How hard the beds are.
(c) How rough the inmates are.
(d) How hard the work is.
3. What do Father and Daniel learn about rations during their time at Auschwitz?
(a) The Nazis want them for the gas chamber.
(b) The Nazis want them to work longer.
(c) You will live a few months.
(d) The Nazis want them to live longer.
4. While Daniel is in quarantine a second time, where does he sleep?
(a) On mats.
(b) On mattresses.
(c) On bunks.
(d) In a big room.
5. While walking the four miles to work, whom does Daniel see playing in the band?
(b) Uncle Ned.
6. What does Daniel say crawled all over his blanket?
7. Who is Daniel's first client shortly after he begins his new work detail?
(a) A politicial family.
(b) A German official.
(c) A German family.
(d) A SS soldier and his family.
8. According to Rosa's mother, what is Auschwitz?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A place of German soldiers.
(c) A ghetto.
(d) A death camp.
9. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
10. What happens to Adam after the uprising?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He continues to work in fear.
(d) He escapes.
11. Where are Daniel and his father going after being in Auschwitz for three months?
12. After working at the factory a week, whom does Daniel meet?
13. What disease does Daniel come down with at Auschwitz?
(b) Chicken pox.
14. While Daniel's group is marched to the Canada complex, who is just arriving in Auschwitz?
(a) Hungarian Jews.
(b) Polish Jews.
(c) German Jews.
(d) French Jews.
15. Who's death did Adam witness when he arrives at Auschwitz?
(a) His little sister's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His brother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Daniel's father, where does the smoke at Auschwitz come from?
2. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, whom does he see on the street?
3. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
4. How many hours each day does Daniel work at his new camp?
5. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)