|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours each day does Daniel work at his new camp?
2. In the intensive-care ward of the hospital, what does Peter tell Daniel?
(a) Thank you.
(b) To love.
(c) To find his family.
(d) To live.
3. At Auschwitz, what is located in the area Daniel calls Canada?
(c) Stolen loot from prisoners.
4. What disease does Daniel come down with at Auschwitz?
(b) Chicken pox.
5. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
(b) A bath.
(c) A shower.
6. According to Daniel's father, where does the smoke at Auschwitz come from?
(a) Burning bodies.
(c) Wood for the German soliders.
(d) Forest fires.
7. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
(a) Killing a bunch of SS guards.
(b) The burning of Crematorium IV.
(c) Runing away.
(d) Stealing stuff from Canada.
8. With whom does Father develop a good bartering system with at their new camp?
(a) Politicial prisoners.
(b) The SS.
(c) Polish Jews.
9. What other food does Daniel's father barter to get to eat with their rations as Auschwitz?
(a) Sausage and cheese.
(b) More bread.
10. What does Father barter at their new camp?
(a) Furniture for medicine.
(b) Furniture for safety.
(c) Furniture for clean water.
(d) Furniture for warm clothes and food.
11. What does Erika tell Daniel when they meet at the fence?
(a) That she won't stop playing.
(b) That she won't play anymore.
(c) That she won't stop trying.
(d) That she won't survive the selection.
12. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
13. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, what act horrifies him?
(b) The dead bodies in the streets.
(c) The crematoria.
(d) The shooting death of the boy sweeping the street.
14. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
15. When Daniel is ordered out of the freight car, who helps them out of the car?
(d) Prisoners in striped pajamas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Daniel look for in Lodz?
2. While walking the four miles to work, whom does Daniel see playing in the band?
3. During Daniel's third time on a train, and what does he say he feels?
4. What does Daniel feel when he witnessed the bodies being burned in the pit?
5. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)