|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Daniel vow to do?
(b) Go to Palestine.
(c) Find Mother and Erika.
2. What does Erika tell Daniel when they meet at the fence?
(a) That she won't play anymore.
(b) That she won't stop trying.
(c) That she won't stop playing.
(d) That she won't survive the selection.
3. Where is Daniel and his father marched to next as the Russians approach Auschwitz?
4. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
(a) That he will do anything to help the resistence.
(b) That he will kill the SS soldiers.
(c) That he hates Germans.
(d) That he is scared.
5. What does Adam tell Daniel the day after the rebellion?
(a) I am proud of them.
(b) I'll have my revenge.
(c) I am scared of death.
(d) I am sad.
6. Why is Daniel determined to live?
(a) To find Rosa.
(b) To bear witness against the Germans.
(c) To help his family.
(d) To revenge his grandparents.
7. After Daniel arrives at Auschwitz, what does he hope people who find his hidden photo album will do?
(a) Remember him.
(b) Show people his pictures.
(c) Return it to Rosa.
(d) Tell others about it.
8. During his march back to the barracks from work, what does Daniel tell his father?
(a) That he loved him.
(b) To be strong.
(c) To live.
(d) That Erika is alive.
9. According to Rosa's mother, what is Auschwitz?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A place of German soldiers.
(c) A death camp.
(d) A ghetto.
10. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
(d) Auschwitz I.
11. While in quarantine a second time, whom does Daniel tell his stories?
12. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
13. What does Daniel's kapo do after they leave the Canada storehouses?
(a) Beats him.
(b) Winks and kicks him.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Whips him.
14. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
(c) Uncle Peter.
15. Once Daniel and his father are assigned to barracks, what does he sleep on?
(a) A bed.
(b) A straw pallet.
(c) Blankets on the floor.
(d) His clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. For four weeks, where are Daniel and his father kept?
2. As the Allies get closer to his new camp, what do many of the SS soldiers do?
3. During Daniel's third time on a train, and what does he say he feels?
4. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
5. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)