|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl tell Daniel about the workers at their new camp?
(a) They work slowly, but make it seem they are busy.
(b) They are busy, quick workers.
(c) They work slowly and it angers the SS.
(d) They are resistance.
2. Whom does Daniel talk to about whether or not to join the resistance?
(a) Uncle Ned.
(b) His father.
3. Who is Karl?
(a) A German.
(b) A politicial prisoner.
(c) A Polish Jew.
(d) A Ukrainian Jew.
4. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
5. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
(a) In the machine shop.
(b) In the hospital
(c) In the carpentry shop.
(d) As a photography assistant.
6. When Daniel is ordered out of the freight car, who helps them out of the car?
(c) Prisoners in striped pajamas.
7. What do the American soldiers give Daniel and other Jewish prisoners?
(b) Gum, chocolate, and cigarettes.
8. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
(a) Evidence of death.
(b) Evidence of care.
(c) Evidence of Nazi brutality.
(d) Evidence of healing.
9. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
(a) The courtyard.
(b) Her flat.
(c) At work.
(d) His flat.
10. What does Daniel's kapo do after they leave the Canada storehouses?
(a) Winks and kicks him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Whips him.
(d) Beats him.
11. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
12. What disease does Daniel come down with at Auschwitz?
(d) Chicken pox.
13. When Daniel and his father are moved to regular camp, what shocks them?
(a) How rough the inmates are.
(b) How hard the work is.
(c) How hard the beds are.
(d) How little food is given to them.
14. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
(c) A shower.
(d) A bath.
15. As the Allies get closer to his new camp, what do many of the SS soldiers do?
(b) Remove their rank insignia or dump their uniforms.
(c) KIll witnesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Daniel and his father are assigned to barracks, what does he sleep on?
2. What does Karl have that Daniel wants?
3. What does Daniel feel when he witnessed the bodies being burned in the pit?
4. After Daniel's parents and Erika are deported, what happens to Daniel as he leaves the apartment?
5. While playing in the band at Auschwitz, what does Erika do the first time she sees Daniel?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)