|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Auschwitz, what is located in the area Daniel calls Canada?
(d) Stolen loot from prisoners.
2. What does Erika tell Daniel when they meet at the fence?
(a) That she won't survive the selection.
(b) That she won't play anymore.
(c) That she won't stop playing.
(d) That she won't stop trying.
3. Where are Daniel and his father going after being in Auschwitz for three months?
4. How does Daniel feel when he gives the camera to the kapo?
(b) His spirits are lifted.
5. What other food does Daniel's father barter to get to eat with their rations as Auschwitz?
(c) More bread.
(d) Sausage and cheese.
6. Where is Daniel and his father marched to next as the Russians approach Auschwitz?
7. What are the prisoners at Auschwitz forced to wear?
(a) Striped pajamas and clogs.
(c) Black jumpsuits.
(d) Orange jumpsuits.
8. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
(a) Evidence of death.
(b) Evidence of healing.
(c) Evidence of care.
(d) Evidence of Nazi brutality.
9. What does Daniel and his father do to look healthy at the entrance to Auschwitz?
(a) Bite their lips and pinch their cheeks.
(b) Jump up and down.
(c) Rub their faces.
(d) Stoop over.
10. What does Karl have that Daniel wants?
(a) A extra piece of cheese.
(b) A radio.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A camera.
11. With whom does Father develop a good bartering system with at their new camp?
(a) Polish Jews.
(c) Politicial prisoners.
(d) The SS.
12. As the Allies get closer to his new camp, what do many of the SS soldiers do?
(a) Remove their rank insignia or dump their uniforms.
(d) KIll witnesses.
13. Whom does Daniel look for in Lodz?
14. While Daniel's group is marched to the Canada complex, who is just arriving in Auschwitz?
(a) French Jews.
(b) Hungarian Jews.
(c) German Jews.
(d) Polish Jews.
15. Who is Karl?
(a) A Polish Jew.
(b) A Ukrainian Jew.
(c) A politicial prisoner.
(d) A German.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
2. What does Father tell Daniel he will do for Peter at the end of the book?
3. When Daniel and his father are moved to regular camp, what shocks them?
4. According to Rosa's mother, what is Auschwitz?
5. What does Father barter at their new camp?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)