|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his march back to the barracks from work, what does Daniel tell his father?
(a) To live.
(b) That Erika is alive.
(c) That he loved him.
(d) To be strong.
2. During Daniel's third time on a train, and what does he say he feels?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) Sadness, fear, and hunger.
(c) Confusion, fear, and hunger
(d) Anger, fury, and determination.
3. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
(a) That he is scared.
(b) That he will kill the SS soldiers.
(c) That he hates Germans.
(d) That he will do anything to help the resistence.
4. After working at the factory a week, whom does Daniel meet?
5. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
(a) Evidence of Nazi brutality.
(b) Evidence of death.
(c) Evidence of care.
(d) Evidence of healing.
6. Who's death did Adam witness when he arrives at Auschwitz?
(a) His little sister's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His mother's.
7. What does Daniel remember about the children from the medical facilities at his new camp?
(a) They are used for experiments.
(b) They are used for forced labor.
(c) They are starved to death.
(d) They are used for target practice.
8. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, what act horrifies him?
(b) The dead bodies in the streets.
(c) The shooting death of the boy sweeping the street.
(d) The crematoria.
9. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
(c) A shower.
(d) A bath.
10. During their last meeting, what does Rosa tell Daniel about her family?
(a) They are all going to hide.
(b) They are going to fight.
(c) They are spliting up.
(d) They are leaving.
11. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
(a) Uncle Peter.
12. With whom does Father develop a good bartering system with at their new camp?
(a) The SS.
(b) Politicial prisoners.
(d) Polish Jews.
13. What does Father tell Daniel when Daniel refuses to help the wounded Nazi?
(a) Leave him.
(b) We are not like them.
(d) Pray for him.
14. What do Father and Daniel learn about rations during their time at Auschwitz?
(a) You will live a few months.
(b) The Nazis want them to work longer.
(c) The Nazis want them to live longer.
(d) The Nazis want them for the gas chamber.
15. What does Daniel and his father do to look healthy at the entrance to Auschwitz?
(a) Rub their faces.
(b) Bite their lips and pinch their cheeks.
(c) Jump up and down.
(d) Stoop over.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Allies get closer to his new camp, what do many of the SS soldiers do?
2. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
3. What does Daniel feel when he witnessed the bodies being burned in the pit?
4. When Daniel and his father are moved to regular camp, what shocks them?
5. Once Daniel and his father are assigned to barracks, what does he sleep on?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)