|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Karl?
(a) A German.
(b) A Ukrainian Jew.
(c) A Polish Jew.
(d) A politicial prisoner.
2. What does Father tell Daniel when Daniel refuses to help the wounded Nazi?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) We are not like them.
(c) Leave him.
3. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
(d) Auschwitz I.
4. Once Daniel and his father are assigned to barracks, what does he sleep on?
(a) Blankets on the floor.
(b) A bed.
(c) His clothes.
(d) A straw pallet.
5. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
(a) Evidence of death.
(b) Evidence of Nazi brutality.
(c) Evidence of healing.
(d) Evidence of care.
6. In the intensive-care ward of the hospital, what does Peter tell Daniel?
(a) To find his family.
(b) To live.
(c) Thank you.
(d) To love.
7. What does Daniel say to Rosa at the park?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He tells her about Peter.
(c) He asks her about Erika.
(d) He tells her about Auschwitz and Mother.
8. Why is Daniel determined to live?
(a) To revenge his grandparents.
(b) To help his family.
(c) To find Rosa.
(d) To bear witness against the Germans.
9. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
(b) Uncle Peter.
10. What does Father barter at their new camp?
(a) Furniture for medicine.
(b) Furniture for warm clothes and food.
(c) Furniture for safety.
(d) Furniture for clean water.
11. While walking the four miles to work, whom does Daniel see playing in the band?
(a) Uncle Ned.
12. Who's death did Adam witness when he arrives at Auschwitz?
(a) His little sister's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His mother's.
13. What other food does Daniel's father barter to get to eat with their rations as Auschwitz?
(a) Sausage and cheese.
(d) More bread.
14. As the Allies get closer to his new camp, what do many of the SS soldiers do?
(b) KIll witnesses.
(d) Remove their rank insignia or dump their uniforms.
15. In their new barracks at Auschwitz, Daniel and his father must sleep on what?
(a) On blankets.
(b) On wooden planks.
(c) On the floor.
(d) A bed with 10 others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl tell Daniel about the workers at their new camp?
2. What does Daniel feel he has to do to make sure he is free?
3. While playing in the band at Auschwitz, what does Erika do the first time she sees Daniel?
4. What does Adam tell Daniel the day after the rebellion?
5. What is the weather like when Daniel and his father are riding in an open boxcar?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)