|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erika tell Daniel when they meet at the fence?
(a) That she won't play anymore.
(b) That she won't stop playing.
(c) That she won't survive the selection.
(d) That she won't stop trying.
2. What does Daniel feel when he witnessed the bodies being burned in the pit?
3. What does Daniel's kapo do after they leave the Canada storehouses?
(a) Winks and kicks him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Whips him.
(d) Beats him.
4. Why is Daniel determined to live?
(a) To revenge his grandparents.
(b) To help his family.
(c) To find Rosa.
(d) To bear witness against the Germans.
5. According to Rosa's mother, what is Auschwitz?
(a) A place of German soldiers.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A death camp.
6. What does Father tell Daniel when Daniel refuses to help the wounded Nazi?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Pray for him.
(d) We are not like them.
7. Where is Daniel and his father marched to next as the Russians approach Auschwitz?
8. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
(a) Evidence of Nazi brutality.
(b) Evidence of healing.
(c) Evidence of care.
(d) Evidence of death.
9. What happens to Adam after the uprising?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He continues to work in fear.
10. What does Daniel want to tell those just arriving at the Auschwitz camp?
(a) Warn them of their deaths.
(c) Save yourselves!
11. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
(d) Uncle Peter.
12. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
(a) Because Adam made him laugh.
(b) Because Adam stood up for himself.
(c) Because he loved Adam.
(d) Because Adam chose his path.
13. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are careful.
(b) They are deloused.
(c) They are cut.
(d) They are happy.
14. According to Rosa, where is Erika?
(a) Erika died in Waldenburg.
(b) Erika lived in Berlin.
(c) Erika lived in Lodz.
(d) Erika died in Frankfurt.
15. As the Allies get closer to his new camp, what do many of the SS soldiers do?
(b) Remove their rank insignia or dump their uniforms.
(c) KIll witnesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
2. During Daniel's first night in Auschwitz, what is the only he sounds he can hear once the lights are turned off?
3. While playing in the band at Auschwitz, what does Erika do the first time she sees Daniel?
4. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
5. What happens to the rebels at Auschwitz?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)