|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Daniel and his father marched to next as the Russians approach Auschwitz?
2. What is the first act that father and Daniel perform for the resistance their new camp?
(a) Bartering for better tools.
(b) Dismantling machines.
(c) Taking photographs.
(d) Sharing bread.
3. What does Daniel remember about the children from the medical facilities at his new camp?
(a) They are used for experiments.
(b) They are used for forced labor.
(c) They are used for target practice.
(d) They are starved to death.
4. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
(a) Uncle Peter.
5. What does Karl give Daniel on his 18th birthday?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A job.
(c) A camera.
(d) A new loaf of bread.
6. According to Rosa, where is Erika?
(a) Erika lived in Lodz.
(b) Erika died in Frankfurt.
(c) Erika died in Waldenburg.
(d) Erika lived in Berlin.
7. How does Adam talk about the horrors he's seen at Auschwitz?
(c) Matter of factly.
8. Why is Daniel determined to live?
(a) To bear witness against the Germans.
(b) To help his family.
(c) To find Rosa.
(d) To revenge his grandparents.
9. After Daniel's parents and Erika are deported, what happens to Daniel as he leaves the apartment?
(a) He goes to find Rosa.
(b) He is caught.
(c) He lives alone.
(d) He goes to work.
10. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
(a) That he is scared.
(b) That he will do anything to help the resistence.
(c) That he will kill the SS soldiers.
(d) That he hates Germans.
11. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
12. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
(a) In the hospital
(b) In the carpentry shop.
(c) As a photography assistant.
(d) In the machine shop.
13. For four weeks, where are Daniel and his father kept?
(a) In prison.
(b) In quarantine at Birkenau.
(c) In tents.
(d) In a hospital.
14. While walking the four miles to work, whom does Daniel see playing in the band?
(a) Uncle Ned.
15. What does Daniel want to tell those just arriving at the Auschwitz camp?
(c) Warn them of their deaths.
(d) Save yourselves!
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Daniel and his father going after being in Auschwitz for three months?
2. With whom does Father develop a good bartering system with at their new camp?
3. How does Daniel feel when he gives the camera to the kapo?
4. According to Rosa's mother, what is Auschwitz?
5. What does Daniel and his father do to look healthy at the entrance to Auschwitz?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)