|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are careful.
(b) They are cut.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are deloused.
2. What does Daniel feel he has to do to make sure he is free?
(a) Kill an SS Nazi.
(b) Eat real food.
(c) Take a shower.
(d) Walk through the gates of the camp.
3. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
(a) Because Adam stood up for himself.
(b) Because he loved Adam.
(c) Because Adam made him laugh.
(d) Because Adam chose his path.
4. What does Daniel and his father do to look healthy at the entrance to Auschwitz?
(a) Jump up and down.
(b) Rub their faces.
(c) Bite their lips and pinch their cheeks.
(d) Stoop over.
5. What do the resistance at Auschwitz want Daniel to do for them?
(a) Build bombs.
(b) Take pictures.
6. During his march back to the barracks from work, what does Daniel tell his father?
(a) That Erika is alive.
(b) That he loved him.
(c) To live.
(d) To be strong.
7. What are the prisoners at Auschwitz forced to wear?
(a) Orange jumpsuits.
(b) Striped pajamas and clogs.
(d) Black jumpsuits.
8. When Daniel and his father are moved to regular camp, what shocks them?
(a) How rough the inmates are.
(b) How hard the beds are.
(c) How little food is given to them.
(d) How hard the work is.
9. While Daniel is in quarantine a second time, where does he sleep?
(a) On mattresses.
(b) On mats.
(c) On bunks.
(d) In a big room.
10. Who is Karl?
(a) A politicial prisoner.
(b) A Polish Jew.
(c) A Ukrainian Jew.
(d) A German.
11. What does Daniel tell Karl after witnessing the incident when he went to get chemicals?
(a) That he is scared.
(b) That he hates Germans.
(c) That he will do anything to help the resistence.
(d) That he will kill the SS soldiers.
12. What happens to Adam after the uprising?
(a) He continues to work in fear.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He is imprisoned.
(d) He is killed.
13. Whom does Daniel look for in Lodz?
14. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
(a) The burning of Crematorium IV.
(b) Stealing stuff from Canada.
(c) Runing away.
(d) Killing a bunch of SS guards.
15. After Daniel arrives at Auschwitz, what does he hope people who find his hidden photo album will do?
(a) Show people his pictures.
(b) Tell others about it.
(c) Remember him.
(d) Return it to Rosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
2. According to Daniel, what had the Nazis created for themselves at his new camp?
3. What is the first thing that Daniel's Father asks for when at the hospital?
4. When Daniel is ordered out of the freight car, who helps them out of the car?
5. What does Father barter at their new camp?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)