|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Daniel's first client shortly after he begins his new work detail?
(a) A politicial family.
(b) A German official.
(c) A German family.
(d) A SS soldier and his family.
2. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
(a) In the machine shop.
(b) In the carpentry shop.
(c) In the hospital
(d) As a photography assistant.
3. When Daniel and his father are moved to regular camp, what shocks them?
(a) How little food is given to them.
(b) How hard the work is.
(c) How rough the inmates are.
(d) How hard the beds are.
4. According to Daniel's father, where does the smoke at Auschwitz come from?
(b) Wood for the German soliders.
(c) Forest fires.
(d) Burning bodies.
5. What does Daniel say to Rosa at the park?
(a) He tells her about Auschwitz and Mother.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He asks her about Erika.
(d) He tells her about Peter.
6. What do Father and Daniel learn about rations during their time at Auschwitz?
(a) You will live a few months.
(b) The Nazis want them for the gas chamber.
(c) The Nazis want them to live longer.
(d) The Nazis want them to work longer.
7. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, whom does he see on the street?
(d) The SS soldier.
8. With whom does Father develop a good bartering system with at their new camp?
(a) Politicial prisoners.
(b) Polish Jews.
(c) The SS.
9. What do the American soldiers give Daniel and other Jewish prisoners?
(d) Gum, chocolate, and cigarettes.
10. How many hours each day does Daniel work at his new camp?
11. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are cut.
(b) They are deloused.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are careful.
12. At the end of Chapter 15, where is Daniel and his father going?
(a) To Frankfurt.
(b) To America.
(c) To Lodz.
(d) To Berlin.
13. At Auschwitz, what is located in the area Daniel calls Canada?
(b) Stolen loot from prisoners.
14. What happens to Adam after the uprising?
(a) He continues to work in fear.
(b) He is imprisoned.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He is killed.
15. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adam talk about the horrors he's seen at Auschwitz?
2. What does Daniel feel he has to do to make sure he is free?
3. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
4. What do the resistance at Auschwitz want Daniel to do for them?
5. While playing in the band at Auschwitz, what does Erika do the first time she sees Daniel?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)