|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel say to Rosa at the park?
(a) He asks her about Erika.
(b) He tells her about Peter.
(c) He tells her about Auschwitz and Mother.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
2. What does Daniel and his father do to look healthy at the entrance to Auschwitz?
(a) Stoop over.
(b) Jump up and down.
(c) Bite their lips and pinch their cheeks.
(d) Rub their faces.
3. What does Father tell Daniel he will do for Peter at the end of the book?
(a) Adopt him.
(b) Give him a proper buriel.
(c) Barter for him.
(d) Feed him.
4. For four weeks, where are Daniel and his father kept?
(a) In quarantine at Birkenau.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In tents.
(d) In prison.
5. What does Karl have that Daniel wants?
(a) A radio.
(b) A extra piece of cheese.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A camera.
6. What happens to the rebels at Auschwitz?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They escape.
(c) They are killed and captured.
(d) They are all killed.
7. Where is Daniel and his father marched to next as the Russians approach Auschwitz?
8. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
(a) As a photography assistant.
(b) In the hospital
(c) In the machine shop.
(d) In the carpentry shop.
9. What is a kapo?
(a) A prisoner in charge.
(b) A Jewish soldier.
(c) A German soldier.
(d) A soup.
10. While in quarantine a second time, whom does Daniel tell his stories?
11. With whom does Father develop a good bartering system with at their new camp?
(a) Politicial prisoners.
(c) Polish Jews.
(d) The SS.
12. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are careful.
(b) They are cut.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are deloused.
13. What do the American soldiers give Daniel and other Jewish prisoners?
(a) Gum, chocolate, and cigarettes.
14. After Daniel leaves Auschwitz, what kind of train car is he seated in?
(a) A cargo car.
(b) A passenger train car.
(c) An open boxcar.
(d) A freigh car.
15. While playing in the band at Auschwitz, what does Erika do the first time she sees Daniel?
(a) Runs to him.
(d) Plays extra notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel's kapo do after they leave the Canada storehouses?
2. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
3. After Daniel and his father arrive at Auschwitz, where do they go to work?
4. During Daniel's last night in Lodz, where do he and Rosa say goodbye?
5. After working at the factory a week, whom does Daniel meet?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)