|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Daniel look for in Lodz?
2. At Auschwitz, what kind of music played as people go to work or to their deaths?
(a) Graduation marching songs
(b) Happy marching songs.
(c) Funeral marching songs.
(d) Birthday tunes.
3. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They are cut.
(c) They are careful.
(d) They are deloused.
4. After Daniel arrives at Auschwitz, what does he hope people who find his hidden photo album will do?
(a) Remember him.
(b) Return it to Rosa.
(c) Tell others about it.
(d) Show people his pictures.
5. What does Daniel and his father do to look healthy at the entrance to Auschwitz?
(a) Stoop over.
(b) Jump up and down.
(c) Bite their lips and pinch their cheeks.
(d) Rub their faces.
6. What are the prisoners at Auschwitz forced to wear?
(b) Black jumpsuits.
(c) Striped pajamas and clogs.
(d) Orange jumpsuits.
7. When Daniel is running an errand to get chemicals, whom does he see on the street?
(b) The SS soldier.
8. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
9. What does Daniel's kapo do after they leave the Canada storehouses?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Winks and kicks him.
(c) Beats him.
(d) Whips him.
10. According to Rosa, where is Erika?
(a) Erika lived in Lodz.
(b) Erika lived in Berlin.
(c) Erika died in Waldenburg.
(d) Erika died in Frankfurt.
11. Where are Daniel and his father going after being in Auschwitz for three months?
12. At the end of Chapter 15, where is Daniel and his father going?
(a) To Frankfurt.
(b) To America.
(c) To Berlin.
(d) To Lodz.
13. What disease does Daniel come down with at Auschwitz?
(b) Chicken pox.
14. At his new camp, where is Daniel put to work?
(a) In the carpentry shop.
(b) As a photography assistant.
(c) In the hospital
(d) In the machine shop.
15. After Daniel's parents and Erika are deported, what happens to Daniel as he leaves the apartment?
(a) He lives alone.
(b) He goes to work.
(c) He is caught.
(d) He goes to find Rosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the SS live at Daniel's new camp?
2. What happens to Adam after the uprising?
3. During Daniel's third time on a train, and what does he say he feels?
4. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
5. Why isn't Daniel angry with Adam for what he did?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)