|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father tell Daniel when Daniel refuses to help the wounded Nazi?
(a) We are not like them.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Leave him.
2. Who is injured at the end of chapter 15?
3. What big resistance act does Adam refer to?
(a) Stealing stuff from Canada.
(b) Killing a bunch of SS guards.
(c) The burning of Crematorium IV.
(d) Runing away.
4. What do the resistance at Auschwitz want Daniel to do for them?
(a) Take pictures.
(d) Build bombs.
5. How does Daniel feel when he gives the camera to the kapo?
(a) His spirits are lifted.
6. The night Daniel and his father sleep in the hospital, what evidence is around them?
(a) Evidence of healing.
(b) Evidence of care.
(c) Evidence of death.
(d) Evidence of Nazi brutality.
7. During his march back to the barracks from work, what does Daniel tell his father?
(a) To be strong.
(b) That Erika is alive.
(c) That he loved him.
(d) To live.
8. What disease does Daniel come down with at Auschwitz?
(d) Chicken pox.
9. How do the German SS act when the new transports arrive?
10. According to Daniel's father, where does the smoke at Auschwitz come from?
(a) Forest fires.
(c) Burning bodies.
(d) Wood for the German soliders.
11. Who does Daniel dream of while he is ill?
(b) Uncle Peter.
12. What does Daniel want to tell those just arriving at the Auschwitz camp?
(b) Warn them of their deaths.
(c) Save yourselves!
13. Whom does Daniel look for in Lodz?
14. What happens to Daniel and the others' heads when the barbers shave them at Auschwitz?
(a) They are careful.
(b) They are cut.
(c) They are deloused.
(d) They are happy.
15. What do the American soldiers give Daniel and other Jewish prisoners?
(c) Gum, chocolate, and cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a kapo?
2. What does Father barter at their new camp?
3. Why is Daniel determined to live?
4. What does Erika tell Daniel when they meet at the fence?
5. According to Daniel, what had the Nazis created for themselves at his new camp?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)