|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in March of 1944 that starts a decline in Erika's health?
(a) Musical instruments are banned.
(b) Meetings are banned.
(c) Vegetable are banned.
(d) Soup is banned.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how old is Daniel?
3. What does Rosa tell Daniel about the man who lives near her apartment?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He hurts his children.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He steals bread from his children.
4. After Daniel's tenth birthday, what does his teacher do to him to show the class Daniel is inferior?
(a) Measures his height.
(b) Shows everyone his quiz score.
(c) Makes him spell words aloud.
(d) Measure the size of his head.
5. Who becomes ill the summer of 1943?
6. What happens to Uncle Peter six days after Daniel takes Erika to the newsreels?
(a) He's killed.
(b) He's sent to the United States.
(c) He's arrested.
(d) He's deported to England.
7. What does Rosa want Daniel to promise her if deportation begins?
(a) To fight.
(b) To help his family.
(c) To hide.
(d) To stay with her.
8. What happens on Daniel's birthday in March of 1943?
(a) A youth-group meeting.
(b) Rosa kisses him.
(c) A party.
(d) His father dies.
9. After Daniel's first day at his new school, what is his mother is upset about?
(a) That Daniel is happy with his new school.
(b) That his father's store was bombed.
(c) That Daniel isn't German enough to go to a German school.
(d) That Daniel has new friends.
10. In Lodz, how long does a loaf of bread have to last each person?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 6 days.
11. After Uncle Peter's death, what happens to Daniel's marks in school?
(a) They go up and down.
(b) They drop.
(c) They soar.
(d) They remain the same.
12. When Daniel and his family are being marched through the streets of Frankfurt, what does Daniel feel?
13. What does Daniel's mother believe he has in his photo album?
(a) Good memories.
(b) Pictures of bar mitzvahs.
(c) Horrible memories.
(d) Pictures of weddings.
14. On March 30, 1933, what do Daniel's Uncle Walter and Uncle Peter argue about?
(a) Leaving Germany.
15. When Daniel and his family leave their home, what do the authorities search them for?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 5, how long has it been since Daniel got off the train in Lodz?
2. What special event does Daniel's mother make vegetables patties for?
3. After Daniel's family leaves their home, where do they spend the night?
4. How old is Daniel when he meets Rosa?
5. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)