|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Daniel's sister?
2. What happens to Rosa and her family the summer of 1944?
(a) They move into Friedrich's apartment.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are separated.
(d) They are deported.
3. According to Daniel's teacher, why is Daniel always in trouble?
(a) He's Jewish.
(b) He's from Poland.
(c) He's a boy.
(d) He's a natural troublemaker.
4. Because it is so cold during the winter of 1943, what happens to the walls in Daniel's apartment?
(a) They have ice on them.
(b) They have holes in them.
(c) They peel.
(d) They crack.
5. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
6. When Daniel and his family are being marched through the streets of Frankfurt, what does Daniel feel?
7. After Daniel's public-school teacher shows the class how inferior he is, what does Daniel do to him?
(a) Kicks him.
8. What does Oma Miriam do after Daniel's bar mitzvah?
(a) She makes him a cake.
(b) She kisses his cheek.
(c) She kills herself.
(d) She moves in with his family.
9. How many years has Daniel's family lived in Germany?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) A hundred years.
(c) Two years.
(d) A thousand years.
10. What does Daniel say had saved his life while living in Lodz?
(a) His mother.
(b) His boots.
(c) His father.
11. After Daniel leaves public school, who becomes his new teacher?
(a) His father.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) His mother.
(d) Uncle Walter.
12. What does Erika do to help Rosa and the other workers?
(a) Give her soup to others.
(b) Play her violin.
(c) Organize a meeting.
(d) Give a speech.
13. Why is Daniel's father exempt from the Germans' shipping Jews off to other locations?
(a) He is a World War I hero.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is a good salesman.
(d) He is only half Jewish.
14. What happens on Daniel's birthday in March of 1943?
(a) A party.
(b) His father dies.
(c) Rosa kisses him.
(d) A youth-group meeting.
15. What does Daniel think of his mother's appearance in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) That she is close to death.
(c) That she is tired.
(d) That she is too thin.
Short Answer Questions
1. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, who comes to Daniel's home?
2. In July 1944, what event do the some Germans try unsuccessfully?
3. Which of Daniel's uncles moves to the United States?
4. What do the Germans search for in the ghetto apartments in June 1944?
5. When Daniel looks up from his photo album who is staring at him?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)