|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After France and Great Britain declared war on Germany, what does Daniel's family need to get groceries?
(a) German money.
(b) Food stamps.
(c) Jewish money.
(d) Ration cards.
2. During the night after Daniel's family leaves their home, why can't Erika stop crying?
(a) She missed her family.
(b) She is sleepy.
(c) The authorities searched her.
(d) The authorities hurt her.
3. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
4. When does Daniel start at his new school?
(a) April 1937.
(b) September 1937.
(c) August 1937.
(d) May 1937.
5. Whom does Daniel have to work up the courage to ask for a picture?
(a) Oma Miriam.
(b) His mother.
(c) Uncle Ned.
6. Where is Rosa actually from?
7. When Daniel looks up from his photo album who is staring at him?
(b) HIs father.
(c) Uncle Aaron.
(d) His mother.
8. What happens to Uncle Peter six days after Daniel takes Erika to the newsreels?
(a) He's sent to the United States.
(b) He's arrested.
(c) He's deported to England.
(d) He's killed.
9. What is the event is depicted in the first photograph, dated March 30, 1933?
(a) Daniel's sixth birthday.
(b) His first day at school.
(c) His sister's birthday.
(d) His father's birthday.
10. If deportations happen again, what does Rosa's group decide to do?
(a) Go peacefully.
11. How old is Daniel's sister?
12. After Uncle Peter's death, what happens to Daniel's marks in school?
(a) They drop.
(b) They soar.
(c) They go up and down.
(d) They remain the same.
13. Who dies at the end of Chapter 6 while protecting children?
(a) Aunt Leah.
(c) Uncle Leo.
14. After Daniel's first day at his new school, what is his mother is upset about?
(a) That his father's store was bombed.
(b) That Daniel is happy with his new school.
(c) That Daniel has new friends.
(d) That Daniel isn't German enough to go to a German school.
15. Who is Daniel's favorite uncle?
(a) Uncle John.
(b) Uncle Joseph.
(c) Uncle Walter.
(d) Uncle Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Daniel's birthday in March of 1943?
2. What does Oma Miriam write in her note to Daniel's family?
3. What bizarre outfit did Daniel's Oma Miriam give him?
4. According to Daniel, what is illegal to have in May 1944?
5. After Daniel's family leaves their home, where do they spend the night?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)