|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel's father decide to do when they get their transport notices in July 1944?
(a) To wait.
(b) To go.
(c) To hide.
(d) To fight.
2. During the last meeting in the courtyard, what does Erika tell Rosa and Daniel to do when confronted with so much hate?
(a) To hide.
(b) To fight.
(c) To wait for rescue.
(d) Choose love.
3. What happens to Uncle Peter six days after Daniel takes Erika to the newsreels?
(a) He's arrested.
(b) He's deported to England.
(c) He's killed.
(d) He's sent to the United States.
4. According to Daniel, what hit him between the eyes when he was ten?
(a) A baseball.
(b) A basketball.
(c) A tennis ball.
(d) A soccer ball.
5. According to Daniel's teacher, why is Daniel always in trouble?
(a) He's Jewish.
(b) He's a natural troublemaker.
(c) He's a boy.
(d) He's from Poland.
6. According to Daniel, what is illegal to have in May 1944?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A stick.
(c) A camera.
(d) Extra rations.
7. If deportations happen again, what does Rosa's group decide to do?
(b) Go peacefully.
8. Why is Daniel's father exempt from the Germans' shipping Jews off to other locations?
(a) He is only half Jewish.
(b) He is a World War I hero.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is a good salesman.
9. What news comes in October that scares Daniel?
(a) His family is being arrested.
(b) His family is deported.
(c) His family is emigrating to the United States.
(d) His family is being sent to a concentration camp.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 5, how long has it been since Daniel got off the train in Lodz?
(a) Thirteen years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years
11. What does Kristallnacht mean?
(a) The night of dance.
(b) The night of broken glass.
(c) The fire dancing bright.
(d) The last night of life.
12. After Daniel's first day at his new school, what is his mother is upset about?
(a) That his father's store was bombed.
(b) That Daniel has new friends.
(c) That Daniel is happy with his new school.
(d) That Daniel isn't German enough to go to a German school.
13. Whom does Daniel have to work up the courage to ask for a picture?
(a) His mother.
(b) Oma Miriam.
(c) Uncle Ned.
14. Daniel is on a train again in Chapter 5. Where do the Nazis tell Daniel he is going?
(a) To a hospital.
(b) To Frankfurt.
(c) To a work camp.
(d) To a home.
15. In Lodz, how long does a loaf of bread have to last each person?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 3 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel say had saved his life while living in Lodz?
2. Which of Daniel's uncles moves to the United States?
3. Who dies at the end of Chapter 6 while protecting children?
4. After summer break, Daniel returns to school. What new law is passed for Jews?
5. Who becomes ill the summer of 1943?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)