|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel's family doing the first time he met Rosa?
(c) Delousing their clothes.
(d) Eating dinner.
2. In the winter of 1943, what do Daniel and Fredrich discover in the apartment neighboring Fredrich?
(a) A rat.
(d) A dead man.
3. After Daniel's tenth birthday, what does his teacher do to him to show the class Daniel is inferior?
(a) Measures his height.
(b) Makes him spell words aloud.
(c) Measure the size of his head.
(d) Shows everyone his quiz score.
4. What does Rosa want Daniel to promise her if deportation begins?
(a) To stay with her.
(b) To help his family.
(c) To hide.
(d) To fight.
5. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, what is in the box sent to Daniel's family?
(c) Uncle Peter's ashes.
6. If deportations happen again, what does Rosa's group decide to do?
(b) Go peacefully.
7. What do Rosa and Erika do for work?
(a) Shine shoes.
(b) Make uniforms.
(c) Peel potatoes.
(d) Make soup.
8. After France and Great Britain declared war on Germany, what does Daniel's family need to get groceries?
(a) Food stamps.
(b) German money.
(c) Ration cards.
(d) Jewish money.
9. In July 1944, what event do the some Germans try unsuccessfully?
(a) A coup.
(b) An election.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A parade.
10. Who dies at the end of Chapter 6 while protecting children?
(b) Uncle Leo.
(c) Aunt Leah.
11. In Lodz, how long does a loaf of bread have to last each person?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 6 days.
12. What happens in June 1944 that Daniel and the ghetto celebrate?
(b) Deportations stops.
(c) A riot.
(d) World War II ends.
13. Who goes with Daniel and Erika to the first meeting of Rosa's group?
14. During the night after Daniel's family leaves their home, why can't Erika stop crying?
(a) The authorities searched her.
(b) The authorities hurt her.
(c) She missed her family.
(d) She is sleepy.
15. After Uncle Peter's death, what happens to Daniel's marks in school?
(a) They drop.
(b) They soar.
(c) They remain the same.
(d) They go up and down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Gestapo officer come to Daniel's to get?
2. What does Oma Miriam do after Daniel's bar mitzvah?
3. Which uncle refuses to listen to Daniel's father about being prudent in Lodz?
4. After Daniel's family leaves their home, where do they spend the night?
5. Who is Daniel's favorite uncle?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)