|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rosa and Erika do for work?
(a) Peel potatoes.
(b) Make soup.
(c) Shine shoes.
(d) Make uniforms.
2. What does Rosa want Daniel to promise her if deportation begins?
(a) To fight.
(b) To help his family.
(c) To stay with her.
(d) To hide.
3. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
4. Because it is so cold during the winter of 1943, what happens to the walls in Daniel's apartment?
(a) They have ice on them.
(b) They crack.
(c) They peel.
(d) They have holes in them.
5. What do the German soldiers do to those at the hospital in Lodz?
(a) Tranfer them to another hospital.
(b) Feed them.
(c) Help them.
(d) Evacuate them.
6. What bizarre outfit did Daniel's Oma Miriam give him?
(a) A camera.
(b) A Hitler Youth uniform.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A brown paper bag.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is in the photo?
8. After Daniel's tenth birthday, what does his teacher do to him to show the class Daniel is inferior?
(a) Makes him spell words aloud.
(b) Shows everyone his quiz score.
(c) Measure the size of his head.
(d) Measures his height.
9. In Daniel's photograph from May 1944, where are Rosa and Erika standing?
(a) A sewing factory.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
10. After Daniel's family leaves their home, where do they spend the night?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In a market cellar.
(c) In tents.
(d) In prison.
11. On March 30, 1933, what do Daniel's Uncle Walter and Uncle Peter argue about?
(c) Leaving Germany.
12. How old is Daniel's sister?
13. Who goes with Daniel and Erika to the first meeting of Rosa's group?
14. What do Daniel's family do to keep lice from spreading?
(b) Wear scarves.
(c) Remove the lice and kill the eggs every night.
(d) Remove the lice.
15. When Daniel and his family get off the train after leaving their home, where are they?
(a) Lodz, Poland.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Paris, France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oma Miriam do after Daniel's bar mitzvah?
2. Who introduces Rosa to Daniel?
3. Who becomes ill the summer of 1943?
4. During the winter of 1943, what becomes scare?
5. What is Daniel doing when Rosa walks into the room for the first time?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)