|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Daniel when he meets Rosa?
2. On March 30, 1933, what do Daniel's Uncle Walter and Uncle Peter argue about?
(d) Leaving Germany.
3. In Daniel's photograph from May 1944, where are Rosa and Erika standing?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A school.
(c) A sewing factory.
(d) An apartment.
4. After Daniel's family leaves their home, where do they spend the night?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In tents.
(c) In a market cellar.
(d) In prison.
5. What happens to Rosa and her family the summer of 1944?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They move into Friedrich's apartment.
(d) They are separated.
6. Which of Daniel's uncles moves to the United States?
(a) Uncle Walter.
(b) Uncle David.
(c) Uncle Peter.
(d) Uncle Paul.
7. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
8. In the winter of 1943, what do Daniel and Fredrich discover in the apartment neighboring Fredrich?
(a) A dead man.
(d) A rat.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 5, how long has it been since Daniel got off the train in Lodz?
(a) Thirteen years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years
10. What do the Germans search for in the ghetto apartments in June 1944?
11. What does Oma Miriam write in her note to Daniel's family?
(a) She loves them.
(b) She is sorry for making them take care of her.
(c) She is hungry.
(d) She fears what was ahead.
12. What do Daniel's family do to keep lice from spreading?
(b) Remove the lice and kill the eggs every night.
(c) Wear scarves.
(d) Remove the lice.
13. In July 1944, what event do the some Germans try unsuccessfully?
(a) A parade.
(b) A coup.
(c) An election.
(d) A demonstration.
14. According to Daniel, what is illegal to have in May 1944?
(a) A camera.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A stick.
(d) Extra rations.
15. What news comes in October that scares Daniel?
(a) His family is deported.
(b) His family is emigrating to the United States.
(c) His family is being arrested.
(d) His family is being sent to a concentration camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Daniel's public-school teacher shows the class how inferior he is, what does Daniel do to him?
2. When Daniel and his family leave their home, what do the authorities search them for?
3. After Daniel leaves public school, who becomes his new teacher?
4. When Daniel and his family are being marched through the streets of Frankfurt, what does Daniel feel?
5. What does Oma Miriam do after Daniel's bar mitzvah?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)