|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oma Miriam write in her note to Daniel's family?
(a) She is hungry.
(b) She is sorry for making them take care of her.
(c) She fears what was ahead.
(d) She loves them.
2. According to Daniel, what is illegal to have in May 1944?
(a) A stick.
(b) Extra rations.
(c) A camera.
(d) A shoe.
3. After Daniel's public-school teacher shows the class how inferior he is, what does Daniel do to him?
(b) Kicks him.
4. What does Daniel think of his mother's appearance in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is too thin.
(b) That she is tired.
(c) That she is beautiful.
(d) That she is close to death.
5. What does Daniel say had saved his life while living in Lodz?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His boots.
6. What happens to Rosa and other workers who refuse to eat their soup at the sewing factory?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are ignored.
(d) They are fired.
7. Which of Daniel's uncles moves to the United States?
(a) Uncle Peter.
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) Uncle David.
(d) Uncle Walter.
8. What happens to Uncle Peter six days after Daniel takes Erika to the newsreels?
(a) He's deported to England.
(b) He's sent to the United States.
(c) He's arrested.
(d) He's killed.
9. During the last meeting in the courtyard, what does Erika tell Rosa and Daniel to do when confronted with so much hate?
(a) Choose love.
(b) To fight.
(c) To wait for rescue.
(d) To hide.
10. During the night after Daniel's family leaves their home, why can't Erika stop crying?
(a) The authorities searched her.
(b) She is sleepy.
(c) The authorities hurt her.
(d) She missed her family.
11. How old is Daniel at the start of Chapter 5?
12. What happens in June 1944 that Daniel and the ghetto celebrate?
(a) Deportations stops.
(b) A riot.
(c) World War II ends.
13. What do Daniel's family do to keep lice from spreading?
(a) Remove the lice.
(b) Wear scarves.
(c) Remove the lice and kill the eggs every night.
14. What happens to Rosa and her family the summer of 1944?
(a) They are separated.
(b) They move into Friedrich's apartment.
(c) They are deported.
(d) They are killed.
15. What bizarre outfit did Daniel's Oma Miriam give him?
(a) A brown paper bag.
(b) A Hitler Youth uniform.
(c) A camera.
(d) A photo album.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Daniel's favorite uncle?
2. Whom does Daniel have to work up the courage to ask for a picture?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is in the photo?
4. Where is Rosa actually from?
5. After Daniel leaves public school, who becomes his new teacher?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)