|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Daniel's sister?
2. What happens to Rosa and her family the summer of 1944?
(a) They move into Friedrich's apartment.
(b) They are separated.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are deported.
3. What does Daniel say had saved his life while living in Lodz?
(a) His boots.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
5. Daniel is on a train again in Chapter 5. Where do the Nazis tell Daniel he is going?
(a) To a home.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) To Frankfurt.
(d) To a work camp.
6. By November of 1942, what does Daniel say he only knew?
7. Who becomes ill the summer of 1943?
8. What news comes in October that scares Daniel?
(a) His family is being arrested.
(b) His family is deported.
(c) His family is being sent to a concentration camp.
(d) His family is emigrating to the United States.
9. What is the event is depicted in the first photograph, dated March 30, 1933?
(a) Daniel's sixth birthday.
(b) His father's birthday.
(c) His first day at school.
(d) His sister's birthday.
10. According to Daniel, what is illegal to have in May 1944?
(a) A stick.
(b) Extra rations.
(c) A camera.
(d) A shoe.
11. After Daniel's tenth birthday, what does his teacher do to him to show the class Daniel is inferior?
(a) Measures his height.
(b) Measure the size of his head.
(c) Makes him spell words aloud.
(d) Shows everyone his quiz score.
12. After Uncle Peter's death, what happens to Daniel's marks in school?
(a) They remain the same.
(b) They drop.
(c) They go up and down.
(d) They soar.
13. What happens to Rosa and other workers who refuse to eat their soup at the sewing factory?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are fired.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are ignored.
14. How many years has Daniel's family lived in Germany?
(a) A hundred years.
(b) A thousand years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Two years.
15. After Daniel leaves public school, who becomes his new teacher?
(a) Uncle Peter.
(b) Uncle Walter.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Daniel when he meets Rosa?
2. What does Oma Miriam do after Daniel's bar mitzvah?
3. What type of work does Daniel do while housed in Lodz?
4. What book does Daniel take from the shelf at Rosa's group meeting place?
5. When does Daniel start at his new school?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)