|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Daniel's public school teacher?
(a) Mr. Schneider.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Mr. Shingles.
(d) Mr. Smith.
2. Where is Rosa actually from?
3. In Lodz, how long does a loaf of bread have to last each person?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 10 days.
4. What city is Daniel and his family leaving at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What does Kristallnacht mean?
(a) The night of dance.
(b) The fire dancing bright.
(c) The night of broken glass.
(d) The last night of life.
6. After Uncle Peter's arrest, who moves into Daniel's house?
(a) Uncle David and his new wife.
(b) Uncle Aaron and his family.
(c) Uncle Walter and his family.
(d) Aunt Leah and her children.
7. If deportations happen again, what does Rosa's group decide to do?
(d) Go peacefully.
8. What does Daniel's mother believe he has in his photo album?
(a) Good memories.
(b) Pictures of weddings.
(c) Horrible memories.
(d) Pictures of bar mitzvahs.
9. During the winter of 1943, what becomes scare?
10. When Daniel looks up from his photo album who is staring at him?
(a) Uncle Aaron.
(b) His mother.
(c) HIs father.
11. What laws does Germany pass that forbid Jews from marrying Germans?
(a) Nazi Laws.
(b) Bill of Rights.
(c) Hitler Laws.
(d) Nuremberg Laws.
12. The summer of 1943, who does Daniel see every day?
(b) German soldiers.
(c) Uncle Ned.
13. After France and Great Britain declared war on Germany, what does Daniel's family need to get groceries?
(a) Food stamps.
(b) Jewish money.
(c) Ration cards.
(d) German money.
14. After Daniel's first day at his new school, what is his mother is upset about?
(a) That Daniel isn't German enough to go to a German school.
(b) That Daniel has new friends.
(c) That Daniel is happy with his new school.
(d) That his father's store was bombed.
15. How old is Daniel's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Daniel, what hit him between the eyes when he was ten?
2. In the winter of 1943, what do Daniel and Fredrich discover in the apartment neighboring Fredrich?
3. What does Rosa tell Daniel about the man who lives near her apartment?
4. What happens to Daniel's father's store the day after Kristallnacht?
5. What happens to Rosa and other workers who refuse to eat their soup at the sewing factory?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)