|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
2. How old is Daniel at the start of Chapter 5?
3. Which of Daniel's uncles moves to the United States?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Uncle David.
(d) Uncle Walter.
4. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, who comes to Daniel's home?
(a) The police.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) An SS Black Shirt.
(d) A postman.
5. At the beginning of the novel, where is Daniel and his family?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a truck.
(c) On a bus.
(d) In a car.
6. Who goes with Daniel and Erika to the first meeting of Rosa's group?
7. What happens to Daniel's father's store the day after Kristallnacht?
(a) It is abandoned.
(b) It is looted.
(c) It is locked down.
(d) It is bombed.
8. What does Daniel think of his mother's appearance in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is too thin.
(b) That she is close to death.
(c) That she is beautiful.
(d) That she is tired.
9. What does Erika do to help Rosa and the other workers?
(a) Give her soup to others.
(b) Play her violin.
(c) Give a speech.
(d) Organize a meeting.
10. What is the purpose of the public exhibition called "The Eternal Jew"?
(a) To deny how important the German people are.
(b) To explain how different Jews are from animals.
(c) To convince the German people to embrace Jews.
(d) To convince the German people how disgusting Jews are.
11. Whom is Daniel's father able to convince the Germans to let stay with him?
(a) Uncle Walter and his family.
(b) Opa Samuel and Oma Rachel.
(c) Uncle Leo.
(d) Uncle Aaron and his wife.
12. When is the last class picture taken of Daniel at public school?
13. After summer break, Daniel returns to school. What new law is passed for Jews?
(a) They must wear yellow stars with the letter J on them.
(b) They must wear a yellow stars with the word Israel on them.
(c) They must wear yellow stars with the word Jew on them.
(d) They must wear a yellow star with the word Jew on them.
14. During the night after Daniel's family leaves their home, why can't Erika stop crying?
(a) The authorities searched her.
(b) She is sleepy.
(c) She missed her family.
(d) The authorities hurt her.
15. What does Daniel believe the boys who wear the Hitler Youth uniforms feel?
(c) Power and freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daniel is on a train again in Chapter 5. Where do the Nazis tell Daniel he is going?
2. What bizarre outfit did Daniel's Oma Miriam give him?
3. After Daniel's family leaves their home, where do they spend the night?
4. What is Daniel's family doing the first time he met Rosa?
5. What do the German soldiers do to those at the hospital in Lodz?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)