|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the winter of 1943, what do Daniel and Fredrich discover in the apartment neighboring Fredrich?
(b) A rat.
(d) A dead man.
2. What happens to Uncle Peter and other Jewish professors?
(a) They are all killed.
(b) They are fired from their university positions.
(c) They are given a cut in pay.
(d) They are given other university positions.
3. After Uncle Peter's death, what happens to Daniel's marks in school?
(a) They drop.
(b) They soar.
(c) They go up and down.
(d) They remain the same.
4. When is the last class picture taken of Daniel at public school?
5. What laws does Germany pass that forbid Jews from marrying Germans?
(a) Bill of Rights.
(b) Nuremberg Laws.
(c) Hitler Laws.
(d) Nazi Laws.
6. At the beginning of the novel, where is Daniel and his family?
(a) On a train.
(b) In a car.
(c) On a bus.
(d) On a truck.
7. What bizarre outfit did Daniel's Oma Miriam give him?
(a) A Hitler Youth uniform.
(b) A brown paper bag.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A camera.
8. What is the name of Daniel's sister?
9. In Daniel's photograph from May 1944, where are Rosa and Erika standing?
(a) A school.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A sewing factory.
10. What does Rosa tell Daniel about the man who lives near her apartment?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He hurts his children.
(c) He steals bread from his children.
(d) He is dead.
11. By November of 1942, what does Daniel say he only knew?
12. What do Daniel's family do to keep lice from spreading?
(a) Wear scarves.
(b) Remove the lice.
(d) Remove the lice and kill the eggs every night.
13. What do the Germans search for in the ghetto apartments in June 1944?
14. According to Daniel's teacher, why is Daniel always in trouble?
(a) He's a natural troublemaker.
(b) He's from Poland.
(c) He's a boy.
(d) He's Jewish.
15. How old is Daniel when he meets Rosa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erika do to help Rosa and the other workers?
2. After Uncle Peter's arrest, who moves into Daniel's house?
3. After France and Great Britain declared war on Germany, what does Daniel's family need to get groceries?
4. What does Daniel believe the boys who wear the Hitler Youth uniforms feel?
5. What do the German soldiers do to those at the hospital in Lodz?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)