|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Daniel and his family leaving at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What happens to Uncle Peter and other Jewish professors?
(a) They are given other university positions.
(b) They are given a cut in pay.
(c) They are all killed.
(d) They are fired from their university positions.
3. Who dies at the end of Chapter 6 while protecting children?
(a) Aunt Leah.
(d) Uncle Leo.
4. According to Daniel, what is illegal to have in May 1944?
(a) A camera.
(b) A stick.
(c) Extra rations.
(d) A shoe.
5. After Daniel's public-school teacher shows the class how inferior he is, what does Daniel do to him?
(c) Kicks him.
6. Why is Daniel's father exempt from the Germans' shipping Jews off to other locations?
(a) He is a World War I hero.
(b) He is a good salesman.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is only half Jewish.
7. After summer break, Daniel returns to school. What new law is passed for Jews?
(a) They must wear yellow stars with the letter J on them.
(b) They must wear a yellow star with the word Jew on them.
(c) They must wear yellow stars with the word Jew on them.
(d) They must wear a yellow stars with the word Israel on them.
8. What does Daniel say had saved his life while living in Lodz?
(a) His mother.
(c) His boots.
(d) His father.
9. What happens to Daniel's father's store the day after Kristallnacht?
(a) It is locked down.
(b) It is looted.
(c) It is abandoned.
(d) It is bombed.
10. What laws does Germany pass that forbid Jews from marrying Germans?
(a) Nazi Laws.
(b) Bill of Rights.
(c) Hitler Laws.
(d) Nuremberg Laws.
11. Who goes with Daniel and Erika to the first meeting of Rosa's group?
12. What does the Gestapo officer come to Daniel's to get?
(b) Young children.
13. When Daniel and his family are being marched through the streets of Frankfurt, what does Daniel feel?
14. What is Daniel's family doing the first time he met Rosa?
(a) Delousing their clothes.
(b) Eating dinner.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how old is Daniel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because it is so cold during the winter of 1943, what happens to the walls in Daniel's apartment?
2. When is the last class picture taken of Daniel at public school?
3. What does Daniel think of his mother's appearance in Chapter 3?
4. When does Daniel start at his new school?
5. In the winter of 1943, what do Daniel and Fredrich discover in the apartment neighboring Fredrich?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)