|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Uncle Peter's death, what happens to Daniel's marks in school?
(a) They drop.
(b) They soar.
(c) They go up and down.
(d) They remain the same.
2. After Daniel's public-school teacher shows the class how inferior he is, what does Daniel do to him?
(d) Kicks him.
3. What does Kristallnacht mean?
(a) The night of dance.
(b) The last night of life.
(c) The fire dancing bright.
(d) The night of broken glass.
4. At the beginning of the novel, where is Daniel and his family?
(a) On a bus.
(b) On a train.
(c) In a car.
(d) On a truck.
5. How many years has Daniel's family lived in Germany?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) A hundred years.
(c) A thousand years.
(d) Two years.
6. What does Daniel's father decide to do when they get their transport notices in July 1944?
(a) To go.
(b) To hide.
(c) To wait.
(d) To fight.
7. When Daniel looks up from his photo album who is staring at him?
(b) His mother.
(c) HIs father.
(d) Uncle Aaron.
8. What laws does Germany pass that forbid Jews from marrying Germans?
(a) Bill of Rights.
(b) Nuremberg Laws.
(c) Nazi Laws.
(d) Hitler Laws.
9. How old is Daniel at the start of Chapter 5?
10. What is the purpose of the public exhibition called "The Eternal Jew"?
(a) To explain how different Jews are from animals.
(b) To convince the German people to embrace Jews.
(c) To convince the German people how disgusting Jews are.
(d) To deny how important the German people are.
11. After Uncle Peter's arrest, who moves into Daniel's house?
(a) Uncle Walter and his family.
(b) Uncle David and his new wife.
(c) Aunt Leah and her children.
(d) Uncle Aaron and his family.
12. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
13. What bizarre outfit did Daniel's Oma Miriam give him?
(a) A photo album.
(b) A Hitler Youth uniform.
(c) A brown paper bag.
(d) A camera.
14. When Daniel and his family are being marched through the streets of Frankfurt, what does Daniel feel?
15. What happens to Daniel's father's store the day after Kristallnacht?
(a) It is looted.
(b) It is abandoned.
(c) It is locked down.
(d) It is bombed.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Daniel's first day at his new school, what is his mother is upset about?
2. After France and Great Britain declared war on Germany, what does Daniel's family need to get groceries?
3. What do the Germans search for in the ghetto apartments in June 1944?
4. What happens to Rosa and other workers who refuse to eat their soup at the sewing factory?
5. What do Daniel's family do to keep lice from spreading?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)