|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, what is in the box sent to Daniel's family?
(d) Uncle Peter's ashes.
2. Daniel is on a train again in Chapter 5. Where do the Nazis tell Daniel he is going?
(a) To a home.
(b) To a work camp.
(c) To a hospital.
(d) To Frankfurt.
3. After Daniel leaves public school, who becomes his new teacher?
(a) His father.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) His mother.
(d) Uncle Walter.
4. By November of 1942, what does Daniel say he only knew?
5. Who dies at the end of Chapter 6 while protecting children?
(b) Aunt Leah.
(c) Uncle Leo.
6. What city is Daniel and his family leaving at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. During the night after Daniel's family leaves their home, why can't Erika stop crying?
(a) The authorities searched her.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) She is sleepy.
(d) The authorities hurt her.
8. What does Rosa tell Daniel about the man who lives near her apartment?
(a) He hurts his children.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He steals bread from his children.
9. How many years has Daniel's family lived in Germany?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Two years.
(c) A thousand years.
(d) A hundred years.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how old is Daniel?
11. When Daniel and his family get off the train after leaving their home, where are they?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Lodz, Poland.
(d) A concentration camp.
12. What does Rosa want Daniel to promise her if deportation begins?
(a) To stay with her.
(b) To fight.
(c) To help his family.
(d) To hide.
13. After Daniel's first day at his new school, what is his mother is upset about?
(a) That Daniel has new friends.
(b) That Daniel is happy with his new school.
(c) That Daniel isn't German enough to go to a German school.
(d) That his father's store was bombed.
14. According to Daniel, what is illegal to have in May 1944?
(a) Extra rations.
(b) A camera.
(c) A stick.
(d) A shoe.
15. After Daniel's family leaves their home, where do they spend the night?
(a) In tents.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a market cellar.
(d) In the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Daniel have to work up the courage to ask for a picture?
2. If deportations happen again, what does Rosa's group decide to do?
3. What happens in March of 1944 that starts a decline in Erika's health?
4. Who is Daniel's favorite uncle?
5. What does the Gestapo officer come to Daniel's to get?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)