|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On March 30, 1933, what do Daniel's Uncle Walter and Uncle Peter argue about?
(a) Leaving Germany.
2. If deportations happen again, what does Rosa's group decide to do?
(b) Go peacefully.
3. What letter was stamped on all Jewish I.D. cards?
4. What happens to Rosa and other workers who refuse to eat their soup at the sewing factory?
(a) They are ignored.
(b) They are fired.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are deported.
5. What does Daniel say had saved his life while living in Lodz?
(a) His boots.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
6. When Daniel and his family leave their home, what do the authorities search them for?
7. After Daniel's public-school teacher shows the class how inferior he is, what does Daniel do to him?
(d) Kicks him.
8. What does Daniel believe the boys who wear the Hitler Youth uniforms feel?
(d) Power and freedom.
9. Whom does Daniel have to work up the courage to ask for a picture?
(a) Oma Miriam.
(c) His mother.
(d) Uncle Ned.
10. What news comes in October that scares Daniel?
(a) His family is deported.
(b) His family is being arrested.
(c) His family is being sent to a concentration camp.
(d) His family is emigrating to the United States.
11. When is the last class picture taken of Daniel at public school?
12. What is Daniel doing when Rosa walks into the room for the first time?
(a) Sitting in his underwear.
(b) Taking a shower.
13. What happens to Uncle Peter and other Jewish professors?
(a) They are given other university positions.
(b) They are fired from their university positions.
(c) They are given a cut in pay.
(d) They are all killed.
14. After Daniel's first day at his new school, what is his mother is upset about?
(a) That Daniel isn't German enough to go to a German school.
(b) That Daniel has new friends.
(c) That his father's store was bombed.
(d) That Daniel is happy with his new school.
15. What book does Daniel take from the shelf at Rosa's group meeting place?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Magic Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Daniel start at his new school?
2. What does Rosa want Daniel to promise her if deportation begins?
3. When Daniel and his family get off the train after leaving their home, where are they?
4. Who goes with Daniel and Erika to the first meeting of Rosa's group?
5. In Lodz, how long does a loaf of bread have to last each person?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)