|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Rosa and her family the summer of 1944?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are deported.
(c) They move into Friedrich's apartment.
(d) They are separated.
2. When is the last class picture taken of Daniel at public school?
3. After Daniel's public-school teacher shows the class how inferior he is, what does Daniel do to him?
(c) Kicks him.
4. What city is Daniel and his family leaving at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What is the event is depicted in the first photograph, dated March 30, 1933?
(a) His father's birthday.
(b) His sister's birthday.
(c) Daniel's sixth birthday.
(d) His first day at school.
6. Who becomes ill the summer of 1943?
7. How old is Daniel at the start of Chapter 5?
8. Who goes with Daniel and Erika to the first meeting of Rosa's group?
9. What do Daniel's family do to keep lice from spreading?
(a) Wear scarves.
(c) Remove the lice and kill the eggs every night.
(d) Remove the lice.
10. According to Daniel, what hit him between the eyes when he was ten?
(a) A basketball.
(b) A tennis ball.
(c) A baseball.
(d) A soccer ball.
11. After Uncle Peter's arrest, who moves into Daniel's house?
(a) Uncle Walter and his family.
(b) Uncle David and his new wife.
(c) Aunt Leah and her children.
(d) Uncle Aaron and his family.
12. What does Erika do to help Rosa and the other workers?
(a) Play her violin.
(b) Organize a meeting.
(c) Give a speech.
(d) Give her soup to others.
13. When Daniel and his family are being marched through the streets of Frankfurt, what does Daniel feel?
14. After summer break, Daniel returns to school. What new law is passed for Jews?
(a) They must wear yellow stars with the letter J on them.
(b) They must wear a yellow star with the word Jew on them.
(c) They must wear yellow stars with the word Jew on them.
(d) They must wear a yellow stars with the word Israel on them.
15. Who is Daniel's favorite uncle?
(a) Uncle Joseph.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Uncle John.
(d) Uncle Walter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Daniel's father's store the day after Kristallnacht?
2. If deportations happen again, what does Rosa's group decide to do?
3. What type of work does Daniel do while housed in Lodz?
4. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
5. After Daniel's first day at his new school, what is his mother is upset about?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)