|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Daniel and Erika to the first meeting of Rosa's group?
2. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
3. What is the name of Daniel's sister?
4. What bizarre outfit did Daniel's Oma Miriam give him?
(a) A photo album.
(b) A brown paper bag.
(c) A Hitler Youth uniform.
(d) A camera.
5. What does Daniel think of his mother's appearance in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) That she is tired.
(c) That she is close to death.
(d) That she is too thin.
6. Why is Daniel's father exempt from the Germans' shipping Jews off to other locations?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is a World War I hero.
(c) He is a good salesman.
(d) He is only half Jewish.
7. What city is Daniel and his family leaving at the beginning of Chapter 1?
8. What happens in June 1944 that Daniel and the ghetto celebrate?
(a) A riot.
(c) World War II ends.
(d) Deportations stops.
9. During the last meeting in the courtyard, what does Erika tell Rosa and Daniel to do when confronted with so much hate?
(a) To hide.
(b) To wait for rescue.
(c) To fight.
(d) Choose love.
10. What do Rosa and Erika do for work?
(a) Make uniforms.
(b) Peel potatoes.
(c) Make soup.
(d) Shine shoes.
11. According to Daniel, what hit him between the eyes when he was ten?
(a) A soccer ball.
(b) A basketball.
(c) A baseball.
(d) A tennis ball.
12. What happens to Rosa and other workers who refuse to eat their soup at the sewing factory?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are ignored.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are fired.
13. What does Oma Miriam do after Daniel's bar mitzvah?
(a) She kills herself.
(b) She moves in with his family.
(c) She kisses his cheek.
(d) She makes him a cake.
14. What happens on Daniel's birthday in March of 1943?
(a) Rosa kisses him.
(b) A youth-group meeting.
(c) A party.
(d) His father dies.
15. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, who comes to Daniel's home?
(a) Uncle Peter.
(b) A postman.
(c) An SS Black Shirt.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the event is depicted in the first photograph, dated March 30, 1933?
2. What does Kristallnacht mean?
3. What happens to Uncle Peter six days after Daniel takes Erika to the newsreels?
4. When Daniel looks up from his photo album who is staring at him?
5. What is the purpose of the public exhibition called "The Eternal Jew"?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)