|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After France and Great Britain declared war on Germany, what does Daniel's family need to get groceries?
(a) Jewish money.
(b) Food stamps.
(c) German money.
(d) Ration cards.
2. What letter was stamped on all Jewish I.D. cards?
3. Which of Daniel's uncles moves to the United States?
(a) Uncle Walter.
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) Uncle David.
(d) Uncle Peter.
4. What happens to Uncle Peter and other Jewish professors?
(a) They are given other university positions.
(b) They are fired from their university positions.
(c) They are all killed.
(d) They are given a cut in pay.
5. How old is Daniel at the start of Chapter 5?
6. Who introduces Rosa to Daniel?
(b) Another worker.
(c) His uncle.
7. What is the purpose of the public exhibition called "The Eternal Jew"?
(a) To convince the German people how disgusting Jews are.
(b) To deny how important the German people are.
(c) To convince the German people to embrace Jews.
(d) To explain how different Jews are from animals.
8. After Daniel's tenth birthday, what does his teacher do to him to show the class Daniel is inferior?
(a) Makes him spell words aloud.
(b) Shows everyone his quiz score.
(c) Measures his height.
(d) Measure the size of his head.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 5, how long has it been since Daniel got off the train in Lodz?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ten years
(c) Thirteen years.
(d) Two years.
10. In the winter of 1943, what do Daniel and Fredrich discover in the apartment neighboring Fredrich?
(b) A rat.
(c) A dead man.
11. What do Daniel's family do to keep lice from spreading?
(a) Wear scarves.
(b) Remove the lice and kill the eggs every night.
(c) Remove the lice.
12. After Uncle Peter's death, what makes Peter feel better?
(b) Summer and time.
(c) Erika's violin.
(d) His parents.
13. What news comes in October that scares Daniel?
(a) His family is deported.
(b) His family is emigrating to the United States.
(c) His family is being arrested.
(d) His family is being sent to a concentration camp.
14. When is the last class picture taken of Daniel at public school?
15. What happens to Rosa and her family the summer of 1944?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are separated.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They move into Friedrich's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Daniel's father's store the day after Kristallnacht?
2. What does the Gestapo officer come to Daniel's to get?
3. How many years has Daniel's family lived in Germany?
4. What laws does Germany pass that forbid Jews from marrying Germans?
5. After Daniel's first day at his new school, what is his mother is upset about?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)