|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel believe the boys who wear the Hitler Youth uniforms feel?
(c) Power and freedom.
2. What special event does Daniel's mother make vegetables patties for?
(b) Daniel's birthday.
(c) Erika's orchestra debut.
(d) Erika's birthday.
3. Who is Daniel's favorite uncle?
(a) Uncle Peter.
(b) Uncle John.
(c) Uncle Walter.
(d) Uncle Joseph.
4. What city is Daniel and his family leaving at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What do the German soldiers do to those at the hospital in Lodz?
(a) Help them.
(b) Tranfer them to another hospital.
(c) Feed them.
(d) Evacuate them.
6. During the winter of 1943, what becomes scare?
7. What is the name of Daniel's public school teacher?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Schneider.
(c) Uncle Peter.
(d) Mr. Shingles.
8. What is the name of Daniel's sister?
9. When Daniel and his family get off the train after leaving their home, where are they?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Lodz, Poland.
(d) A concentration camp.
10. What letter was stamped on all Jewish I.D. cards?
11. Why is Daniel's father exempt from the Germans' shipping Jews off to other locations?
(a) He is a good salesman.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is a World War I hero.
(d) He is only half Jewish.
12. How old is Daniel's sister?
13. When Daniel and his family leave their home, what do the authorities search them for?
14. What does Rosa tell Daniel about the man who lives near her apartment?
(a) He steals bread from his children.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He hurts his children.
(d) He is dead.
15. The summer of 1943, who does Daniel see every day?
(a) Uncle Ned.
(b) German soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel think of his mother's appearance in Chapter 3?
2. In Daniel's photograph from May 1944, where are Rosa and Erika standing?
3. When Daniel looks up from his photo album who is staring at him?
4. After Daniel's tenth birthday, what does his teacher do to him to show the class Daniel is inferior?
5. What happens in March of 1944 that starts a decline in Erika's health?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)