|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What laws does Germany pass that forbid Jews from marrying Germans?
(a) Hitler Laws.
(b) Nuremberg Laws.
(c) Nazi Laws.
(d) Bill of Rights.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 5, how long has it been since Daniel got off the train in Lodz?
(a) Three years.
(b) Thirteen years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years
3. How old is Daniel at the start of Chapter 5?
4. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, who comes to Daniel's home?
(a) The police.
(b) A postman.
(c) Uncle Peter.
(d) An SS Black Shirt.
5. After Uncle Peter's death, what makes Peter feel better?
(a) Erika's violin.
(b) Summer and time.
(c) His parents.
6. What bizarre outfit did Daniel's Oma Miriam give him?
(a) A brown paper bag.
(b) A photo album.
(c) A Hitler Youth uniform.
(d) A camera.
7. After summer break, Daniel returns to school. What new law is passed for Jews?
(a) They must wear yellow stars with the word Jew on them.
(b) They must wear yellow stars with the letter J on them.
(c) They must wear a yellow stars with the word Israel on them.
(d) They must wear a yellow star with the word Jew on them.
8. When Daniel and his family are being marched through the streets of Frankfurt, what does Daniel feel?
9. When Daniel looks up from his photo album who is staring at him?
(b) HIs father.
(c) His mother.
(d) Uncle Aaron.
10. After France and Great Britain declared war on Germany, what does Daniel's family need to get groceries?
(a) Jewish money.
(b) Ration cards.
(c) German money.
(d) Food stamps.
11. In Lodz, how long does a loaf of bread have to last each person?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 3 days.
12. What does Oma Miriam write in her note to Daniel's family?
(a) She is hungry.
(b) She fears what was ahead.
(c) She loves them.
(d) She is sorry for making them take care of her.
13. Who introduces Rosa to Daniel?
(a) His uncle.
(b) Another worker.
14. How many years has Daniel's family lived in Germany?
(a) A hundred years.
(b) Two years.
(c) A thousand years.
(d) Fifty years.
15. How old is Daniel when he meets Rosa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rosa and Erika do for work?
2. The summer of 1943, who does Daniel see every day?
3. What type of work does Daniel do while housed in Lodz?
4. What group does Rosa start?
5. By November of 1942, what does Daniel say he only knew?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)