|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the winter of 1943, what becomes scare?
2. What happens in June 1944 that Daniel and the ghetto celebrate?
(a) World War II ends.
(b) A riot.
(c) Deportations stops.
3. During the last meeting in the courtyard, what does Erika tell Rosa and Daniel to do when confronted with so much hate?
(a) To wait for rescue.
(b) To fight.
(c) Choose love.
(d) To hide.
4. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, who comes to Daniel's home?
(a) Uncle Peter.
(b) An SS Black Shirt.
(c) A postman.
(d) The police.
5. What does Rosa tell Daniel about the man who lives near her apartment?
(a) He hurts his children.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He steals bread from his children.
(d) He beats her.
6. At the beginning of the novel, where is Daniel and his family?
(a) On a truck.
(b) In a car.
(c) On a train.
(d) On a bus.
7. After Daniel leaves public school, who becomes his new teacher?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Uncle Peter.
(d) Uncle Walter.
8. What do the Germans search for in the ghetto apartments in June 1944?
9. Who dies at the end of Chapter 6 while protecting children?
(a) Uncle Leo.
(c) Aunt Leah.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is in the photo?
11. Who introduces Rosa to Daniel?
(a) Another worker.
(b) His uncle.
12. Whom does Daniel have to work up the courage to ask for a picture?
(a) His mother.
(b) Uncle Ned.
(d) Oma Miriam.
13. What is it about Rosa that is an act of defiance according to Daniel?
(a) Her smile.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her walk.
(d) Her laugh.
14. How old is Daniel's sister?
15. What is the purpose of the public exhibition called "The Eternal Jew"?
(a) To explain how different Jews are from animals.
(b) To deny how important the German people are.
(c) To convince the German people how disgusting Jews are.
(d) To convince the German people to embrace Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, what is in the box sent to Daniel's family?
2. What group does Rosa start?
3. On March 30, 1933, what do Daniel's Uncle Walter and Uncle Peter argue about?
4. After France and Great Britain declared war on Germany, what does Daniel's family need to get groceries?
5. After Daniel's family leaves their home, where do they spend the night?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)