|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Uncle Peter and other Jewish professors?
(a) They are fired from their university positions.
(b) They are all killed.
(c) They are given a cut in pay.
(d) They are given other university positions.
2. What happens to Rosa and other workers who refuse to eat their soup at the sewing factory?
(a) They are ignored.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are fired.
(d) They are deported.
3. How old is Daniel's sister?
4. What religion is Daniel and his family?
5. What is Daniel's family doing the first time he met Rosa?
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Delousing their clothes.
6. Who introduces Rosa to Daniel?
(a) His uncle.
(c) Another worker.
7. How old is Daniel at the start of Chapter 5?
8. What book does Daniel take from the shelf at Rosa's group meeting place?
(a) The Prince.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Magic Mountain.
9. According to Daniel's teacher, why is Daniel always in trouble?
(a) He's from Poland.
(b) He's Jewish.
(c) He's a natural troublemaker.
(d) He's a boy.
10. What is it about Rosa that is an act of defiance according to Daniel?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her laugh.
(c) Her walk.
(d) Her smile.
11. When is the last class picture taken of Daniel at public school?
12. What does Daniel's father decide to do when they get their transport notices in July 1944?
(a) To fight.
(b) To wait.
(c) To hide.
(d) To go.
13. What does Oma Miriam do after Daniel's bar mitzvah?
(a) She moves in with his family.
(b) She makes him a cake.
(c) She kisses his cheek.
(d) She kills herself.
14. After Daniel's family leaves their home, where do they spend the night?
(a) In a market cellar.
(b) In prison.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In tents.
15. What is the purpose of the public exhibition called "The Eternal Jew"?
(a) To deny how important the German people are.
(b) To explain how different Jews are from animals.
(c) To convince the German people to embrace Jews.
(d) To convince the German people how disgusting Jews are.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Daniel, what hit him between the eyes when he was ten?
2. What letter was stamped on all Jewish I.D. cards?
3. After summer break, Daniel returns to school. What new law is passed for Jews?
4. What bizarre outfit did Daniel's Oma Miriam give him?
5. What does Erika do to help Rosa and the other workers?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)