|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Uncle Peter's arrest, who moves into Daniel's house?
(a) Aunt Leah and her children.
(b) Uncle Walter and his family.
(c) Uncle David and his new wife.
(d) Uncle Aaron and his family.
2. What does Daniel's father decide to do when they get their transport notices in July 1944?
(a) To hide.
(b) To fight.
(c) To wait.
(d) To go.
3. What is Daniel doing when Rosa walks into the room for the first time?
(a) Sitting in his underwear.
(b) Taking a shower.
4. What does Oma Miriam do after Daniel's bar mitzvah?
(a) She makes him a cake.
(b) She kills herself.
(c) She kisses his cheek.
(d) She moves in with his family.
5. According to Daniel's teacher, why is Daniel always in trouble?
(a) He's a natural troublemaker.
(b) He's a boy.
(c) He's Jewish.
(d) He's from Poland.
6. What does Daniel believe the boys who wear the Hitler Youth uniforms feel?
(c) Power and freedom.
7. What happens in March of 1944 that starts a decline in Erika's health?
(a) Musical instruments are banned.
(b) Vegetable are banned.
(c) Meetings are banned.
(d) Soup is banned.
8. After France and Great Britain declared war on Germany, what does Daniel's family need to get groceries?
(a) Food stamps.
(b) Ration cards.
(c) German money.
(d) Jewish money.
9. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
10. What happens to Uncle Peter and other Jewish professors?
(a) They are given other university positions.
(b) They are fired from their university positions.
(c) They are given a cut in pay.
(d) They are all killed.
11. What religion is Daniel and his family?
12. What group does Rosa start?
(a) A youth group.
(b) A worker group.
(c) A prayer group.
(d) A study group.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is in the photo?
14. After summer break, Daniel returns to school. What new law is passed for Jews?
(a) They must wear yellow stars with the word Jew on them.
(b) They must wear a yellow stars with the word Israel on them.
(c) They must wear yellow stars with the letter J on them.
(d) They must wear a yellow star with the word Jew on them.
15. What do Rosa and Erika do for work?
(a) Make uniforms.
(b) Shine shoes.
(c) Make soup.
(d) Peel potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Daniel when he meets Rosa?
2. After Uncle Peter's death, what happens to Daniel's marks in school?
3. During the winter of 1943, what becomes scare?
4. What does Kristallnacht mean?
5. When Daniel and his family leave their home, what do the authorities search them for?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)