|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel believe the boys who wear the Hitler Youth uniforms feel?
(a) Power and freedom.
2. What is Daniel's family doing the first time he met Rosa?
(c) Delousing their clothes.
(d) Eating dinner.
3. Who dies at the end of Chapter 6 while protecting children?
(a) Aunt Leah.
(b) Uncle Leo.
4. What does Daniel think of his mother's appearance in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is close to death.
(b) That she is too thin.
(c) That she is tired.
(d) That she is beautiful.
5. When is the last class picture taken of Daniel at public school?
6. What is the event is depicted in the first photograph, dated March 30, 1933?
(a) Daniel's sixth birthday.
(b) His sister's birthday.
(c) His father's birthday.
(d) His first day at school.
7. What happens to Rosa and her family the summer of 1944?
(a) They move into Friedrich's apartment.
(b) They are deported.
(c) They are separated.
(d) They are killed.
8. After Uncle Peter's death, what happens to Daniel's marks in school?
(a) They remain the same.
(b) They drop.
(c) They go up and down.
(d) They soar.
9. According to Daniel, what is illegal to have in May 1944?
(a) Extra rations.
(b) A stick.
(c) A camera.
(d) A shoe.
10. What special event does Daniel's mother make vegetables patties for?
(a) Daniel's birthday.
(b) Erika's orchestra debut.
(d) Erika's birthday.
11. What does Oma Miriam do after Daniel's bar mitzvah?
(a) She kisses his cheek.
(b) She kills herself.
(c) She moves in with his family.
(d) She makes him a cake.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how old is Daniel?
13. After summer break, Daniel returns to school. What new law is passed for Jews?
(a) They must wear yellow stars with the letter J on them.
(b) They must wear a yellow star with the word Jew on them.
(c) They must wear a yellow stars with the word Israel on them.
(d) They must wear yellow stars with the word Jew on them.
14. Which uncle refuses to listen to Daniel's father about being prudent in Lodz?
(a) Uncle Leo.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Uncle Ned.
(d) Uncle Aaron.
15. What is the name of Daniel's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Daniel and his family leaving at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. When Daniel and his family leave their home, what do the authorities search them for?
3. When Daniel and his family are being marched through the streets of Frankfurt, what does Daniel feel?
4. By November of 1942, what does Daniel say he only knew?
5. How many years has Daniel's family lived in Germany?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)