|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has Daniel's family lived in Germany?
(a) Two years.
(b) A hundred years.
(c) A thousand years.
(d) Fifty years.
2. What do the German soldiers do to those at the hospital in Lodz?
(a) Evacuate them.
(b) Feed them.
(c) Help them.
(d) Tranfer them to another hospital.
3. What is Daniel's family doing the first time he met Rosa?
(a) Eating dinner.
(d) Delousing their clothes.
4. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, what is in the box sent to Daniel's family?
(b) Uncle Peter's ashes.
5. If deportations happen again, what does Rosa's group decide to do?
(d) Go peacefully.
6. What happens on Daniel's birthday in March of 1943?
(a) His father dies.
(b) A party.
(c) Rosa kisses him.
(d) A youth-group meeting.
7. What is it about Rosa that is an act of defiance according to Daniel?
(a) Her laugh.
(b) Her smile.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her walk.
8. On March 30, 1933, what do Daniel's Uncle Walter and Uncle Peter argue about?
(d) Leaving Germany.
9. Which of Daniel's uncles moves to the United States?
(a) Uncle Walter.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Uncle David.
(d) Uncle Paul.
10. What city is Daniel and his family leaving at the beginning of Chapter 1?
11. In Daniel's photograph from May 1944, where are Rosa and Erika standing?
(a) A sewing factory.
(b) A school.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An apartment.
12. What does Rosa want Daniel to promise her if deportation begins?
(a) To stay with her.
(b) To hide.
(c) To fight.
(d) To help his family.
13. What happens to Uncle Peter and other Jewish professors?
(a) They are fired from their university positions.
(b) They are given a cut in pay.
(c) They are given other university positions.
(d) They are all killed.
14. During the night after Daniel's family leaves their home, why can't Erika stop crying?
(a) The authorities searched her.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) She is sleepy.
(d) The authorities hurt her.
15. Which uncle refuses to listen to Daniel's father about being prudent in Lodz?
(a) Uncle Ned.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Uncle Leo.
(d) Uncle Aaron.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Daniel's tenth birthday, what does his teacher do to him to show the class Daniel is inferior?
2. What group does Rosa start?
3. What does Oma Miriam do after Daniel's bar mitzvah?
4. What does Kristallnacht mean?
5. What does Daniel's father decide to do when they get their transport notices in July 1944?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)