|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, where is Daniel and his family?
(a) On a bus.
(b) On a train.
(c) On a truck.
(d) In a car.
2. Whom does Daniel have to work up the courage to ask for a picture?
(b) Uncle Ned.
(c) His mother.
(d) Oma Miriam.
3. What happens to Uncle Peter and other Jewish professors?
(a) They are given other university positions.
(b) They are all killed.
(c) They are fired from their university positions.
(d) They are given a cut in pay.
4. After Daniel's family leaves their home, where do they spend the night?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In tents.
(c) In prison.
(d) In a market cellar.
5. During the night after Daniel's family leaves their home, why can't Erika stop crying?
(a) The authorities hurt her.
(b) The authorities searched her.
(c) She missed her family.
(d) She is sleepy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has Daniel's family lived in Germany?
2. About a month after Oma Miriam dies, where does the parcel that Daniel receives come from?
3. What do Daniel's family do to keep lice from spreading?
4. What happens to Uncle Peter six days after Daniel takes Erika to the newsreels?
5. What laws does Germany pass that forbid Jews from marrying Germans?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)