1. According to Daniel, what hit him between the eyes when he was ten?
(a) A soccer ball.
(b) A tennis ball.
(c) A baseball.
(d) A basketball.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how old is Daniel?
3. What religion is Daniel and his family?
4. At the beginning of the novel, where is Daniel and his family?
(a) On a bus.
(b) On a truck.
(c) In a car.
(d) On a train.
5. What city is Daniel and his family leaving at the beginning of Chapter 1?
6. How many years has Daniel's family lived in Germany?
(a) Two years.
(b) A thousand years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) A hundred years.
7. What is the name of Daniel's sister?
8. How old is Daniel's sister?
9. Who is Daniel's favorite uncle?
(a) Uncle Joseph.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Uncle John.
(d) Uncle Walter.
10. What is the event is depicted in the first photograph, dated March 30, 1933?
(a) Daniel's sixth birthday.
(b) His first day at school.
(c) His father's birthday.
(d) His sister's birthday.
This section contains 4,022 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)