* The book takes place in Poland and Germany during Hitler's reign of terror.
* The time frame of the story is from March of 1933 through Germany's surrender in May of 1945.
* The main character of Daniel's Story is Daniel.
* He is eighteen at the end of the book, but through flashbacks, the author takes the reader all the way back to Daniel's sixth birthday.
* The first picture is of Daniel's sixth birthday celebration on March 30th, 1933.
* Most of his family is in the photograph.
* Daniel recalls his father and Uncle Walter arguing. Uncle Walter believed the family should immigrate to Palestine and make it their home.
* The second photo was taken only two days later and is of Daniel's father's store window.
* Someone has written the word "Jew" across the store window in large letters.
* Daniel remembers being confused about why someone would do that. Yes, they celebrated religions...
This section contains 2,803 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)