Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
2. Who does Gwendolyn request be sent to her after she and Sir Hugo discuss what Grandcourt has left her in the will?
3. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
4. Where does Daniel find a place for Mordecai to live?
5. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
Essay Topic 1
Gwendolyn has quite a vivid imagination, particularly when it comes to matters of the heart. Write an essay discussing three ways that Gwendolyn's imagination has a significant impact on her life.
Essay Topic 2
Gwendolyn has a pattern of convincing herself out of responsibility for certain actions, as well from choices she makes that have negative or harsh consequences. Given that pattern of hers, discuss why Gwendolyn is actually completely at fault for Grandcourt's death, using the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
The character of Gwendolyn is often described (particularly at the beginning of the novel) as self-centered and spoiled. In contrast, write a well-reasoned paper that discusses 1) how those traits are actually positives in Gwendolyn's character and 2) how those traits would be viewed more as positives if Gwendolyn were a man. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)