Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
2. Who does Gwendolyn request be sent to her after she and Sir Hugo discuss what Grandcourt has left her in the will?
3. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
4. Where does Daniel find a place for Mordecai to live?
5. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
Essay Topic 1
Gwendolyn has quite a vivid imagination, particularly when it comes to matters of the heart. Write an essay discussing three ways that Gwendolyn's imagination has a significant impact on her life.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the parenting styles of Gwendolyn's mother with those of Daniel's mother. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Gambling makes several appearances in the novel. Analyze at least two scenes in which gambling appears, and discuss 1) what function it serves in the plot; 2) what the reader learns about at least one character involved in the scene; and 3) what message Eliot is trying to convey to the reader by including gambling instead of another activity at that point in the novel.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)