|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
2. Who does Gwendolyn request be sent to her after she and Sir Hugo discuss what Grandcourt has left her in the will?
3. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
4. Where does Daniel find a place for Mordecai to live?
5. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
Essay Topic 1
The character of Fanny has a complicated role in the novel. Using three specific examples of her actions, write an essay discussing why she is a respectable person; or why she is not a respectable person.
Essay Topic 2
Using supporting text from the book, write an essay discussing at least three reasons why Daniel should have married Gwendolyn.
Essay Topic 3
While Gwendolyn is clearly her mother's favorite child, she reacts very apologetically if she ever hurts her mother's feelings or disobeys her. Discuss what a minimum of two of those types of interactions show the reader about Gwendolyn's character, as well as that of Franny's.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)