|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Mordecai's siblings died when they were younger?
2. What valuable family item does Mirah's father steal from Daniel?
3. What is Daniel's mother's full name?
4. What specific advice does Grandcourt give Gwendolyn while at the Abbey?
5. Who is Jacob?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt being upset about how she conducts herself around Daniel?
2. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
3. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
4. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
5. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
6. As their marriage sours, what does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn in relation to Lush dining with them?
7. What does Daniel tell his mother when he first sees her?
8. How does Rex react to the news that Gwendolyn's husband has drowned?
9. Before she confides in him, what does Daniel surmise about Gwendolyn's knowledge of Lydia?
10. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the role that Herr Klesmer plays in the novel, as well as a minimum of two ways that Eliot uses his characters to fulfill that role.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two male characters from "Daniel Deronda".
Essay Topic 3
The character of Fanny has a complicated role in the novel. Using three specific examples of her actions, write an essay discussing why she is a respectable person; or why she is not a respectable person.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)