|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Meyrick advise Mirah to do when she thinks that she has seen her father?
2. How is Mordecai notified that his father has taken his little sister away?
3. Whom does Grandcourt make fun of to Gwendolyn?
4. What kind remark does Gwendolyn make to Daniel before she leaves the Abbey?
5. Where do Grandcourt and Gwendolyn go yachting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Cohens react when Daniel and Mordecai tell them that Mordecai will be leaving them to go live with his long-lost sister?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt being upset about how she conducts herself around Daniel?
3. What does Daniel tell his mother when he first sees her?
4. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
5. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
6. How does Rex react to the news that Gwendolyn's husband has drowned?
7. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
8. What does Grandcourt suspect about the package of diamonds that Gwendolyn has received?
9. What does Mordecai say about the Mrs. Cohen's older daughter when Daniel first asks about her?
10. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using supporting text from the book, write an essay discussing whether Gwendolyn should have married Grandcourt.
Essay Topic 2
What literary devices does Eliot use to convey traits about two characters (of your choosing) within the first scene of the story? Thinking about the way that Eliot uses characters, foreshadowing, and dialogue, describe how those devices help the reader learn more about the characters, as well as what is going to happen later in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific text throughout your essay, compare and contrast the characters of Anna and Gwendolyn.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)