|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jacob?
2. What does Gwendolyn confess to Daniel while they are at the Abbey?
3. What are Daniel and Sir Hugo upset about following Grandcourt's death?
4. How long does Daniel wait before his mother finally arrives to see him?
5. Who tells Reverend Gascoigne the truth about Grandcourt's will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
2. Why had Daniel's mother marry so quickly?
3. Before she confides in him, what does Daniel surmise about Gwendolyn's knowledge of Lydia?
4. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
5. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
6. What does Gwendolyn tell Sir Hugo about what Grandcourt has left her?
7. What kind of wedding ceremony do Daniel and Mirah have?
8. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
9. How does Daniel's mother misrepresent Daniel's identity to her servants?
10. What does Daniel's mother tell him about her heritage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using supporting text from the book, write a well-reasoned essay discussing whether the character of Gwendolyn is capable of loving anyone.
Essay Topic 2
While Gwendolyn is clearly her mother's favorite child, she reacts very apologetically if she ever hurts her mother's feelings or disobeys her. Discuss what a minimum of two of those types of interactions show the reader about Gwendolyn's character, as well as that of Franny's.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two male characters from "Daniel Deronda".
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)