Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
2. Who does Gwendolyn request be sent to her after she and Sir Hugo discuss what Grandcourt has left her in the will?
3. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
4. Where does Daniel find a place for Mordecai to live?
5. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
Using specific text throughout your essay, compare and contrast the characters of Anna and Gwendolyn.
What literary devices does Eliot use to convey traits about two characters (of your choosing) within the first scene of the story? Thinking about the way that Eliot uses characters, foreshadowing, and dialogue, describe how those devices help the reader learn more about the characters, as well as what is going to happen later in the novel.
Gwendolyn has quite a vivid imagination, particularly when it comes to matters of the heart. Write an essay discussing three ways that Gwendolyn's imagination has a significant impact on her life.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)