|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandcourt react to how Gwendolyn is talking to Daniel at the Abbey?
2. What are Daniel and Sir Hugo upset about following Grandcourt's death?
3. Whom does Grandcourt make fun of to Gwendolyn?
4. What valuable family item does Mirah's father steal from Daniel?
5. What does Sir Hugo begin calling Gwendolyn?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least three instances in which Gwendolyn faces inner turmoil but projects a calm, outward demeanor; and at least one literary device that Eliot uses to convey Gwendolyn's tension to the reader through each example.
Essay Topic 2
The character of Rex is quite complicated. In fact, one could make an argument that he is either a man of action or a man of inaction. Using three specific examples in support from the text, write an essay stating either that Rex is a man of action; or that Rex is a man of inaction.
Essay Topic 3
Select a character from the list below. Then examine three major choices that the character made in the play, and what those choices reveal to the reader about that him or her.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)