Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anna?
2. Why does Daniel pawn a ring with Ezra Cohen?
3. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
4. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
5. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main reason behind Lydia's desire to marry Grandcourt?
2. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
3. How does Gwendolyn feel about Grandcourt after the ball?
4. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
5. What does Mirah come to realize about her father as she gets older?
6. What is Daniel's relation to Sir Hugo Mallinger?
7. What does Daniel tell Sir Hugo about Grandcourt's reaction to the proposed settlement?
8. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
9. How do the Cohens react when Daniel and Mordecai tell them that Mordecai will be leaving them to go live with his long-lost sister?
10. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
Essay Topic 1
Using specific text throughout your essay, compare and contrast the characters of Anna and Gwendolyn.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, some characters are (1) admired but not respected, (2) respected but not admired, and (3) admired and respected. Select one character who in your opinion fits each description, and using supporting text from the book, write an essay stating who admires and/or respects them and why.
Essay Topic 3
Using supporting text from the book, write a well-reasoned essay discussing whether the character of Gwendolyn is capable of loving anyone.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)