|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia react to the news that Grandcourt is engaged?
2. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
3. Who is Catherine?
4. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
5. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Daniel's relation to Sir Hugo Mallinger?
2. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
3. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
4. What advice does Daniel give Gwendolyn when she asks what to do if someone has wronged someone else?
5. What does the letter that Gwendolyn receives on the night she gambles say?
6. What does Mirah believe about her brother and sister when she runs away from her father?
7. What does Mrs. Meyrick believe about Mirah when she takes her in?
8. What does Daniel tell his uncle right after he finds the girl at the river?
9. How does Lydia react when Grandcourt asks her to return his diamonds?
10. Why is Anna a little disappointed to hear of Gwendolyn's engagement?
Essay Topic 1
The character of Fanny has a complicated role in the novel. Using three specific examples of her actions, write an essay discussing why she is a respectable person; or why she is not a respectable person.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the parenting styles of Gwendolyn's mother with those of Daniel's mother. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Gwendolyn has quite a vivid imagination, particularly when it comes to matters of the heart. Write an essay discussing three ways that Gwendolyn's imagination has a significant impact on her life.
This section contains 1,441 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)