|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hans realize to be loved by Mirah?
(a) The baker.
(c) No one.
2. Where are Rex and Anne when they learn that Grandcourt has drowned?
(a) At their Aunt Fanny's.
(b) At Gwendolyn's.
(c) At the town square hearing the daily news.
(d) At the pier.
3. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
(a) He believes that she is a greedy blackmailer.
(b) He believes that the situation might be true.
(c) He believes that she is going to die soon anyway, so he should just stop worrying about her.
(d) He believes that she should be sent far away.
4. Who follows Mirah home one day?
(b) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Davilow.
(d) A reporter.
5. Where does Daniel's mother want to meet him?
(a) In Madrid.
(b) In Nice.
(c) In Genoa.
(d) In Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Daniel that his mother wants to meet him?
2. How does Mordecai react to Daniel's kindness upon finding him a place to live?
3. In a letter to Daniel, who does Hans report to have recently visited his family?
4. What is the purpose that Mirah's father claims to want money the first time that he asks her to aid him financially?
5. How many of Mordecai's siblings died when they were younger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
2. What does Mordecai say about the Mrs. Cohen's older daughter when Daniel first asks about her?
3. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt being upset about how she conducts herself around Daniel?
5. What does Gwendolyn tell Sir Hugo about what Grandcourt has left her?
6. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
7. How does Rex react to the news that Gwendolyn's husband has drowned?
8. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
9. What does Daniel's mother tell him about her heritage?
10. Why had Daniel's mother marry so quickly?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)