|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Mordecai's siblings died when they were younger?
2. How did Daniel's mother know Sir Hugo?
(a) He was one of her suitors.
(b) He worked for her.
(c) She did not know him.
(d) He was her brother.
3. What did Daniel's mother do for a living when he was born?
(a) She was a governness.
(b) She was a waitress.
(c) She was unemployed and dependent on the kindness of strangers.
(d) She was an actress.
4. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
(a) He believes that the situation might be true.
(b) He believes that she should be sent far away.
(c) He believes that she is a greedy blackmailer.
(d) He believes that she is going to die soon anyway, so he should just stop worrying about her.
5. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Daniel the letter from his mother?
2. What does Daniel think about Gwendolyn's dependence on him after Grandcourt dies?
3. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
4. Where does Herr invite Mirah to sing?
5. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt being upset about how she conducts herself around Daniel?
2. How does Rex react to the news that Gwendolyn's husband has drowned?
3. Before she confides in him, what does Daniel surmise about Gwendolyn's knowledge of Lydia?
4. What does Joseph Kalonymos talk to Daniel about before he hands over the family chest?
5. What does Mordecai say about the Mrs. Cohen's older daughter when Daniel first asks about her?
6. Why had Daniel's mother marry so quickly?
7. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
8. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
9. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
10. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)