|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Cohens think about Mordecai reuniting with his sister?
(a) That it is in the stars and meant to happen.
(b) That it will only confuse Mordecai and his sister.
(c) That it is only going to lead to envy and greed; and therefore should not happen.
(d) That it should definitely happen.
2. How does Mrs. Davilow react to Gwendolyn's increasing need for her after Grandcourt drowns?
(a) She hopes that it passes and that it is just a symptom of her grief.
(b) She is pleased with it.
(c) She finds it to be a normal psychological need.
(d) She considers it to be highly annoying.
3. What did Sir Hugo promise to do with Daniel when Daniel's mother gave Daniel to him?
(a) To raise him like an English gentleman.
(b) To never let him see his mother in a movie.
(c) To raise him as a Jew.
(d) To never let his father know what happened to him.
4. How did Daniel's mother know Sir Hugo?
(a) He worked for her.
(b) He was her brother.
(c) He was one of her suitors.
(d) She did not know him.
5. Who does Daniel request help from in opening and translating the chest?
(b) Sir Hugo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned the chest that Daniel is now inheriting?
2. What does Daniel think about Gwendolyn's dependence on him after Grandcourt dies?
3. What does Sir Hugo begin calling Gwendolyn?
4. How does Mordecai react to Daniel's kindness upon finding him a place to live?
5. How many of Mordecai's siblings died when they were younger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
2. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
3. How does Daniel's mother misrepresent Daniel's identity to her servants?
4. What does Mordecai say about the Mrs. Cohen's older daughter when Daniel first asks about her?
5. What does Daniel tell his mother when he first sees her?
6. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
7. How does Rex react to the news that Gwendolyn's husband has drowned?
8. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt being upset about how she conducts herself around Daniel?
9. What does Sir Hugo confess to Daniel about his reason for keeping Daniel's parentage in secret for so long?
10. What does Grandcourt suspect about the package of diamonds that Gwendolyn has received?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)