|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Daniel end up marrying when the novel concludes?
(c) No one.
2. Who does Daniel request help from in opening and translating the chest?
(d) Sir Hugo.
3. Where does Grandcourt want Gwendolyn's family to live?
(a) At another estate that he owns in London.
(b) Down the street.
(c) At the Grandcourt estate.
(d) Far away.
4. Whom does Grandcourt make fun of to Gwendolyn?
(a) Her younger siblings.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her uncle's family.
5. Why does Hans stay with Daniel instead of his own mother during a visit?
(a) Because his mother's house has been damaged by fire.
(b) Because they are best friends and enjoy each other's company.
(c) Because Mirah is at his home and it would be improper.
(d) Because he is trying to keep knowledge of his visit with Daniel away from his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
2. Who does Daniel tell about the news of his ethnicity?
3. Who does Gwendolyn want to connect with while at the Abbey?
4. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
5. Who does Daniel plan to ask about Mirah's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Cohens react when Daniel and Mordecai tell them that Mordecai will be leaving them to go live with his long-lost sister?
2. What does Joseph Kalonymos talk to Daniel about before he hands over the family chest?
3. Why had Daniel's mother marry so quickly?
4. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
5. As their marriage sours, what does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn in relation to Lush dining with them?
6. What does Mordecai say about the Mrs. Cohen's older daughter when Daniel first asks about her?
7. What does Grandcourt suspect about the package of diamonds that Gwendolyn has received?
8. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
9. Why does Gwendolyn keep up public appearances that her marriage is a happy one?
10. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)