|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon whose request does Sir Hugo keep Daniel's parentage a secret?
(a) Sir Hugo's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His mother's.
2. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
(a) She never requests to see him.
(b) The very next day.
(c) Not for another week.
(d) Right away.
3. What does Daniel think about Gwendolyn's dependence on him after Grandcourt dies?
(a) He likes it.
(b) It makes him feel very strong and manly.
(c) He thinks that it is highly annoying and inappropriate.
(d) He worries about it.
4. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
(a) At Grandcourt's estate.
(b) At the Meyrick house.
(c) At the Abbey.
(d) In the town square.
5. How is Mordecai notified that his father has taken his little sister away?
(a) In person by Mrs. Davilow.
(b) By a letter from his father.
(c) By a letter from his mother.
(d) By a letter from his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hans have a drawing of Rex with him when he visits Daniel?
2. Where does Daniel find a place for Mordecai to live?
3. What names does Mordecai tell Daniel he was called by a companion?
4. Who follows Mirah home one day?
5. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel tell his mother when he first sees her?
2. What does Daniel's mother tell him about her heritage?
3. As their marriage sours, what does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn in relation to Lush dining with them?
4. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
5. How did Daniel's mother come to find out about him as an adult?
6. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
7. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt being upset about how she conducts herself around Daniel?
8. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
9. What does Joseph Kalonymos talk to Daniel about before he hands over the family chest?
10. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)