|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel tell Mordecai and Mirah that he is going to see his mother?
(a) In a letter.
(b) He does not tell them.
(c) In a long conversation in their living room.
(d) In person, over dinner.
2. What does Daniel notice about Mordecai upon returning to visit him after pawning his ring?
(a) That he looks a lot like Sir Hugo.
(b) That he looks a lot like Mirah.
(c) That he is a thief and a cheat.
(d) That he is sick and dying.
3. What does Daniel think about Gwendolyn's dependence on him after Grandcourt dies?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He worries about it.
(c) He thinks that it is highly annoying and inappropriate.
(d) It makes him feel very strong and manly.
4. What kind remark does Gwendolyn make to Daniel before she leaves the Abbey?
(a) That she hopes he has a happy, joyful, and rich life.
(b) That she wishes her husband were more like him.
(c) That her life has been better for having known him.
(d) That she is going to name her baby after him.
5. Where does Daniel find a place for Mordecai to live?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In Chesapeake.
(c) In Brompton.
(d) In Oxford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Meyrick report as being happier since Hans' arrival?
2. How does Eliot make it clear that Rex has gotten over Gwendolyn?
3. Who does Gwendolyn want to connect with while at the Abbey?
4. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
5. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)