|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mordecai's sister who is taken?
2. What valuable family item does Mirah's father steal from Daniel?
(a) A very expensive clock.
(b) The family chest.
(c) A large ring.
(d) The family crest.
3. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
(a) That she will only find happiness when she finds God.
(b) That she must learn to become a woman of society.
(c) That she will never be happy in her horrible marriage.
(d) That she must become interested in something other than herself.
4. Who does Daniel plan to ask about Mirah's mother?
(b) Mrs. Cohen herself.
(c) Mirah herself.
5. Where does Daniel find a place for Mordecai to live?
(a) In Chesapeake.
(b) In Oxford.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In Brompton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is also in the room when Mordecai tells his life story to Daniel?
2. What is Daniel's first reaction to learning about Lydia?
3. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
4. What does Gwendolyn confess to Daniel while they are at the Abbey?
5. What does Gwendolyn tell her mother about her marriage to Grandcourt as time goes on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
2. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
3. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
4. What does Daniel's mother tell him about her heritage?
5. What does Joseph Kalonymos talk to Daniel about before he hands over the family chest?
6. Why does Daniel think that Hans' love for Mirah will not result in a long-lasting relationship?
7. How does Rex react to the news that Gwendolyn's husband has drowned?
8. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
9. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
10. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)