|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Mordecai's siblings died when they were younger?
2. How does Mordecai react to Daniel's kindness upon finding him a place to live?
(a) He refuses to accept it because it is not nice enough.
(b) He never accepts it because he dies from shock.
(c) He accepts it.
(d) He refuses to accept it because he is too proud.
3. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
(a) From another guest at his uncle's home.
(b) From gossip that he overhears on the street.
(c) Directy from Grandcourt.
(d) From reading about her in the paper.
4. Where do Grandcourt and Gwendolyn go yachting?
(a) In the Red Sea.
(b) In the Bahamas.
(c) In the Mediterranean.
(d) Along the English Channel.
5. What do the Cohens think about Mordecai reuniting with his sister?
(a) That it is only going to lead to envy and greed; and therefore should not happen.
(b) That it is in the stars and meant to happen.
(c) That it should definitely happen.
(d) That it will only confuse Mordecai and his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eliot make it clear that Rex has gotten over Gwendolyn?
2. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
3. What is the purpose that Mirah's father claims to want money the first time that he asks her to aid him financially?
4. What does Daniel think about Gwendolyn's dependence on him after Grandcourt dies?
5. What is the name of Mordecai's sister who is taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
2. What advice does Daniel give Gwendolyn when she asks what to do if someone has wronged someone else?
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Sir Hugo about what Grandcourt has left her?
4. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
5. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
6. How does Daniel's mother misrepresent Daniel's identity to her servants?
7. How did Daniel's mother come to find out about him as an adult?
8. What kind of wedding ceremony do Daniel and Mirah have?
9. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
10. Why does Gwendolyn keep up public appearances that her marriage is a happy one?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)