|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mordecai react to Daniel's kindness upon finding him a place to live?
(a) He refuses to accept it because it is not nice enough.
(b) He refuses to accept it because he is too proud.
(c) He accepts it.
(d) He never accepts it because he dies from shock.
2. Why does Mirah dress in her poorest dress as she prepares to meet her brother?
(a) Because she does not want to make her brother uncomfortable.
(b) Out of deference.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Because she knows her that her brother does not have any money.
3. Who does Daniel tell about the news of his ethnicity?
(b) The reporter who has been following him around for weeks.
(c) Reverend Gascoigne.
4. Who tells the Cohen family that Mordecai's missing family has been found?
(b) Both of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Neither of the answer choices are correct.
5. What does Daniel learn about his father?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That Sir Hugo is his father.
(c) That he is very famous.
(d) That he had 15 other children, all of whom he named Daniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Daniel's mother know Sir Hugo?
2. What does Sir Hugo begin calling Gwendolyn?
3. What does Gwendolyn tell her mother about her marriage to Grandcourt as time goes on?
4. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
5. What is the purpose that Mirah's father claims to want money the first time that he asks her to aid him financially?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
2. Before she confides in him, what does Daniel surmise about Gwendolyn's knowledge of Lydia?
3. Why had Daniel's mother marry so quickly?
4. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
5. Why does Gwendolyn keep up public appearances that her marriage is a happy one?
6. What does Joseph Kalonymos talk to Daniel about before he hands over the family chest?
7. What does Grandcourt suspect about the package of diamonds that Gwendolyn has received?
8. How does Daniel's mother misrepresent Daniel's identity to her servants?
9. What advice does Daniel give Gwendolyn when she asks what to do if someone has wronged someone else?
10. What does Daniel's mother tell him about her heritage?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)