|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Davilow react to Gwendolyn's increasing need for her after Grandcourt drowns?
(a) She finds it to be a normal psychological need.
(b) She is pleased with it.
(c) She hopes that it passes and that it is just a symptom of her grief.
(d) She considers it to be highly annoying.
2. What does Gwendolyn confess to Daniel while they are at the Abbey?
(a) That she is bothered by the idea of Lydia.
(b) That she does not know what to do.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) That she is miserable.
3. What valuable family item does Mirah's father steal from Daniel?
(a) A large ring.
(b) A very expensive clock.
(c) The family crest.
(d) The family chest.
4. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
(a) From reading about her in the paper.
(b) From another guest at his uncle's home.
(c) Directy from Grandcourt.
(d) From gossip that he overhears on the street.
5. Who does Hans realize to be loved by Mirah?
(a) No one.
(c) The baker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a letter to Daniel, who does Hans report to have recently visited his family?
2. How does Daniel tell Mordecai and Mirah that he is going to see his mother?
3. How is Mordecai notified that his father has taken his little sister away?
4. Upon whose request does Sir Hugo keep Daniel's parentage a secret?
5. Where does Daniel have to travel to retrieve his family chest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
2. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
3. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
4. What advice does Daniel give Gwendolyn when she asks what to do if someone has wronged someone else?
5. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
6. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
7. What kind of wedding ceremony do Daniel and Mirah have?
8. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
9. Before she confides in him, what does Daniel surmise about Gwendolyn's knowledge of Lydia?
10. How does Rex react to the news that Gwendolyn's husband has drowned?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)