|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the Cohen family that Mordecai's missing family has been found?
(a) Both of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Neither of the answer choices are correct.
2. Why did Daniel's mother not want a child?
(a) She did not want to be tied down.
(b) She would have been outcast.
(c) She was impregnated by way of an affair.
(d) She felt that she was too young to become a mother.
3. Who does Daniel plan to ask about Mirah's mother?
(a) Mirah herself.
(c) Mrs. Cohen herself.
4. What led Daniel's mother to marry the man who is now her husband?
(a) Her fear that something was wrong with her voice.
(d) A fortuneteller's advice.
5. Who does Gwendolyn want to connect with while at the Abbey?
(c) Sir Hugo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eliot make it clear that Rex has gotten over Gwendolyn?
2. Who gives Daniel the letter from his mother?
3. How do Mordecai and Mirah react when they first see each other?
4. What does Daniel think about Gwendolyn's dependence on him after Grandcourt dies?
5. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Daniel's mother come to find out about him as an adult?
2. What does Grandcourt suspect about the package of diamonds that Gwendolyn has received?
3. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
4. How do the Cohens react when Daniel and Mordecai tell them that Mordecai will be leaving them to go live with his long-lost sister?
5. What does Sir Hugo confess to Daniel about his reason for keeping Daniel's parentage in secret for so long?
6. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
7. How does Rex react to the news that Gwendolyn's husband has drowned?
8. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
9. What advice does Daniel give Gwendolyn when she asks what to do if someone has wronged someone else?
10. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)