|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What valuable family item does Mirah's father steal from Daniel?
(a) A large ring.
(b) The family crest.
(c) The family chest.
(d) A very expensive clock.
2. What does Daniel learn about his father?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he had 15 other children, all of whom he named Daniel.
(c) That he is very famous.
(d) That Sir Hugo is his father.
3. Why does Hans stay with Daniel instead of his own mother during a visit?
(a) Because his mother's house has been damaged by fire.
(b) Because he is trying to keep knowledge of his visit with Daniel away from his mother.
(c) Because they are best friends and enjoy each other's company.
(d) Because Mirah is at his home and it would be improper.
4. What type of work does Hans do as an adult?
(a) He is a baker.
(b) He is a singer.
(c) He is an engineer.
(d) He is an artist.
5. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
(a) From reading about her in the paper.
(b) From another guest at his uncle's home.
(c) From gossip that he overhears on the street.
(d) Directy from Grandcourt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Hugo begin calling Gwendolyn?
2. Whom does Grandcourt make fun of to Gwendolyn?
3. What does Mirah realize about Mordecai when she first sees him?
4. Who gives Daniel the letter from his mother?
5. What additional advice does Gwendolyn seek from Daniel during her stay at the Abbey?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)