|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the Cohen family that Mordecai's missing family has been found?
(a) Neither of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Both of the answer choices are correct.
2. What type of work does Hans do as an adult?
(a) He is a singer.
(b) He is an engineer.
(c) He is a baker.
(d) He is an artist.
3. Why does Hans stay with Daniel instead of his own mother during a visit?
(a) Because Mirah is at his home and it would be improper.
(b) Because his mother's house has been damaged by fire.
(c) Because he is trying to keep knowledge of his visit with Daniel away from his mother.
(d) Because they are best friends and enjoy each other's company.
4. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
(a) From gossip that he overhears on the street.
(b) From another guest at his uncle's home.
(c) Directy from Grandcourt.
(d) From reading about her in the paper.
5. Who tells Reverend Gascoigne the truth about Grandcourt's will?
(b) Sir Hugo.
(d) The lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind remark does Gwendolyn make to Daniel before she leaves the Abbey?
2. Who is also in the room when Mordecai tells his life story to Daniel?
3. Where does Daniel find a place for Mordecai to live?
4. Who gives Daniel the letter from his mother?
5. How does Grandcourt react to how Gwendolyn is talking to Daniel at the Abbey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt being upset about how she conducts herself around Daniel?
3. Why had Daniel's mother marry so quickly?
4. How did Daniel's mother come to find out about him as an adult?
5. Why does Gwendolyn keep up public appearances that her marriage is a happy one?
6. What does Sir Hugo confess to Daniel about his reason for keeping Daniel's parentage in secret for so long?
7. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
8. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
9. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
10. How do the Cohens react when Daniel and Mordecai tell them that Mordecai will be leaving them to go live with his long-lost sister?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)