|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owned the chest that Daniel is now inheriting?
(a) His father.
(b) His great-grandfather.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His grandfather.
2. Not counting Daniel, how many children does Daniel's mother now have?
3. What does Daniel's mother claim to be in the letter that she writes to him?
(a) A princess.
(b) A very famous dancer.
(c) A queen.
(d) A famous soap opera actress.
4. Whom does Grandcourt make fun of to Gwendolyn?
(a) Her uncle's family.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her younger siblings.
(d) Her cousins.
5. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
(a) She was just stressed out.
(b) She was upset by something that she had read in her romance novel.
(c) She was having a coughing fit.
(d) She was suffering with influenza.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sir Hugo promise to do with Daniel when Daniel's mother gave Daniel to him?
2. Where does Daniel's mother want to meet him?
3. Who is Joseph Kalonymos?
4. Who does Daniel plan to ask about Mirah's mother?
5. How did Daniel's mother know Sir Hugo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
2. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
3. What does Sir Hugo confess to Daniel about his reason for keeping Daniel's parentage in secret for so long?
4. Before she confides in him, what does Daniel surmise about Gwendolyn's knowledge of Lydia?
5. What does Gwendolyn tell Sir Hugo about what Grandcourt has left her?
6. Why does Gwendolyn keep up public appearances that her marriage is a happy one?
7. What does Daniel's mother tell him about her heritage?
8. As their marriage sours, what does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn in relation to Lush dining with them?
9. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
10. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)