|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel learn about his father?
(a) That he had 15 other children, all of whom he named Daniel.
(b) That he is very famous.
(c) That he is dead.
(d) That Sir Hugo is his father.
2. Whom does Grandcourt make fun of to Gwendolyn?
(a) Her uncle's family.
(b) Her younger siblings.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does Gwendolyn tell her mother about her marriage to Grandcourt as time goes on?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That she is having an affair.
(c) That she has fallen out of love with him, but that they are still friends.
(d) That she is very happy.
4. What does Daniel think about Gwendolyn's dependence on him after Grandcourt dies?
(a) He thinks that it is highly annoying and inappropriate.
(b) He worries about it.
(c) It makes him feel very strong and manly.
(d) He likes it.
5. What led Daniel's mother to marry the man who is now her husband?
(a) Her fear that something was wrong with her voice.
(b) A fortuneteller's advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
2. How long does Daniel wait before his mother finally arrives to see him?
3. How many of Mordecai's siblings died when they were younger?
4. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
5. Where does Daniel have to travel to retrieve his family chest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
2. What does Sir Hugo confess to Daniel about his reason for keeping Daniel's parentage in secret for so long?
3. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
4. What does Gwendolyn tell Sir Hugo about what Grandcourt has left her?
5. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
6. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
7. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
8. Why had Daniel's mother marry so quickly?
9. Why does Daniel think that Hans' love for Mirah will not result in a long-lasting relationship?
10. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)