|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names does Mordecai tell Daniel he was called by a companion?
2. Who is also in the room when Mordecai tells his life story to Daniel?
(a) Gwendolyn, although no one knows that she is there.
(c) A reporter who is chronicling their story.
(d) No one.
3. What is the purpose that Mirah's father claims to want money the first time that he asks her to aid him financially?
(a) To buy some decent clothes before reuniting with his son.
(b) To buy some good food.
(c) To buy her the necklace that he pawned years earlier.
(d) To go some place where he can clean up and look presentable.
4. What kind remark does Gwendolyn make to Daniel before she leaves the Abbey?
(a) That she wishes her husband were more like him.
(b) That she hopes he has a happy, joyful, and rich life.
(c) That she is going to name her baby after him.
(d) That her life has been better for having known him.
5. Where does Grandcourt want Gwendolyn's family to live?
(a) At another estate that he owns in London.
(b) Down the street.
(c) At the Grandcourt estate.
(d) Far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Meyrick advise Mirah to do when she thinks that she has seen her father?
2. What type of work does Hans do as an adult?
3. In a letter to Daniel, who does Hans report to have recently visited his family?
4. Who does Hans realize to be loved by Mirah?
5. Who gives Daniel the letter from his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir Hugo confess to Daniel about his reason for keeping Daniel's parentage in secret for so long?
2. What advice does Daniel give Gwendolyn when she asks what to do if someone has wronged someone else?
3. Why does Gwendolyn keep up public appearances that her marriage is a happy one?
4. What does Joseph Kalonymos talk to Daniel about before he hands over the family chest?
5. How does Rex react to the news that Gwendolyn's husband has drowned?
6. How do the Cohens react when Daniel and Mordecai tell them that Mordecai will be leaving them to go live with his long-lost sister?
7. What does Grandcourt suspect about the package of diamonds that Gwendolyn has received?
8. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
9. What does Daniel's mother tell him about her heritage?
10. What kind of wedding ceremony do Daniel and Mirah have?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)