|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mirah dress in her poorest dress as she prepares to meet her brother?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Because she does not want to make her brother uncomfortable.
(c) Because she knows her that her brother does not have any money.
(d) Out of deference.
2. What led Daniel's mother to marry the man who is now her husband?
(a) A fortuneteller's advice.
(d) Her fear that something was wrong with her voice.
3. What does Daniel learn about his father?
(a) That he is very famous.
(b) That Sir Hugo is his father.
(c) That he is dead.
(d) That he had 15 other children, all of whom he named Daniel.
4. How is Mordecai notified that his father has taken his little sister away?
(a) In person by Mrs. Davilow.
(b) By a letter from his sister.
(c) By a letter from his father.
(d) By a letter from his mother.
5. What names does Mordecai tell Daniel he was called by a companion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Abbey?
2. What specific advice does Grandcourt give Gwendolyn while at the Abbey?
3. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
4. What are Daniel and Sir Hugo upset about following Grandcourt's death?
5. Who does Daniel tell about the news of his ethnicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. As their marriage sours, what does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn in relation to Lush dining with them?
2. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
3. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
4. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
5. What does Joseph Kalonymos talk to Daniel about before he hands over the family chest?
6. Why does Gwendolyn keep up public appearances that her marriage is a happy one?
7. Before she confides in him, what does Daniel surmise about Gwendolyn's knowledge of Lydia?
8. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
9. What does Gwendolyn tell Sir Hugo about what Grandcourt has left her?
10. How does Daniel's mother misrepresent Daniel's identity to her servants?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)