|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daniel have to travel to retrieve his family chest?
2. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
(a) From another guest at his uncle's home.
(b) From gossip that he overhears on the street.
(c) Directy from Grandcourt.
(d) From reading about her in the paper.
3. What is Daniel's mother's full name?
(a) Lenora Halm Eberstein.
(b) Shoshanna Lynn MacGuire.
(c) Rachel Anne Lipson.
(d) Annabelle Miriam Shirenstein.
4. Where does Herr invite Mirah to sing?
(a) At the weddings he conducts.
(b) At the opera.
(c) At a private concert at his home.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
5. Why does Hans stay with Daniel instead of his own mother during a visit?
(a) Because his mother's house has been damaged by fire.
(b) Because he is trying to keep knowledge of his visit with Daniel away from his mother.
(c) Because Mirah is at his home and it would be improper.
(d) Because they are best friends and enjoy each other's company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
2. What does Sir Hugo begin calling Gwendolyn?
3. Who informs Rex and Anne that Grandcourt has drowned?
4. Who tells Daniel that his mother wants to meet him?
5. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
2. What does Grandcourt suspect about the package of diamonds that Gwendolyn has received?
3. How did Daniel's mother come to find out about him as an adult?
4. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
5. How does Rex react to the news that Gwendolyn's husband has drowned?
6. What does Gwendolyn tell Sir Hugo about what Grandcourt has left her?
7. What does Joseph Kalonymos talk to Daniel about before he hands over the family chest?
8. What does Mordecai say about the Mrs. Cohen's older daughter when Daniel first asks about her?
9. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
10. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)