|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Rex and Anne that Grandcourt has drowned?
(a) Sir Hugo.
(b) Reverend Gascoigne.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A child who does not realize that they know Grandcourt.
2. How does Grandcourt react to how Gwendolyn is talking to Daniel at the Abbey?
(a) He is so arrogant that he does not even notice that they are conversing.
(b) He is jealous that they might be having a relationship.
(c) He is happy that she has found a friend.
(d) He scolds her and tells her that she is acting in a way that is unbecoming.
3. Who does Mrs. Meyrick report as being happier since Hans' arrival?
4. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
(a) Financial type.
(b) The type that deal with housekeeping.
(c) The type that deal with their children since he categorizes that as women's work.
(d) Romantic type.
5. How does Daniel tell Mordecai and Mirah that he is going to see his mother?
(a) In a letter.
(b) In person, over dinner.
(c) In a long conversation in their living room.
(d) He does not tell them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jacob?
2. What does Sir Hugo begin calling Gwendolyn?
3. Who follows Mirah home one day?
4. What does Mirah realize about Mordecai when she first sees him?
5. How do Mordecai and Mirah react when they first see each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt being upset about how she conducts herself around Daniel?
2. What advice does Daniel give Gwendolyn when she asks what to do if someone has wronged someone else?
3. As their marriage sours, what does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn in relation to Lush dining with them?
4. Why does Gwendolyn keep up public appearances that her marriage is a happy one?
5. What does Daniel tell his mother when he first sees her?
6. What does Sir Hugo confess to Daniel about his reason for keeping Daniel's parentage in secret for so long?
7. What does Gwendolyn tell Sir Hugo about what Grandcourt has left her?
8. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
9. How do the Cohens react when Daniel and Mordecai tell them that Mordecai will be leaving them to go live with his long-lost sister?
10. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)