|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Reverend Gascoigne the truth about Grandcourt's will?
(c) Sir Hugo.
(d) The lawyer.
2. What specific advice does Grandcourt give Gwendolyn while at the Abbey?
(a) That she must "act more like a woman".
(b) That she will "fill her place properly".
(c) That the ideas in her head "must be swept away, like dust under a rug".
(d) That she is "too beautiful to exist on Earth".
3. Where does Grandcourt want Gwendolyn's family to live?
(a) At another estate that he owns in London.
(b) At the Grandcourt estate.
(c) Far away.
(d) Down the street.
4. How does Eliot make it clear that Rex has gotten over Gwendolyn?
(a) Eliot states that Rex is happily married to someone else.
(b) He does not. Rex has really never stopped loving Gwedolyn.
(c) Rex simply tells Gwendolyn that he is no longer in love with her.
(d) Eliot claims that Rex is now throwing himself into his studies.
5. What does Gwendolyn confess to Daniel while they are at the Abbey?
(a) That she is miserable.
(b) That she is bothered by the idea of Lydia.
(c) That she does not know what to do.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon whose request does Sir Hugo keep Daniel's parentage a secret?
2. How does Grandcourt react to how Gwendolyn is talking to Daniel at the Abbey?
3. How does Mrs. Davilow react to Gwendolyn's increasing need for her after Grandcourt drowns?
4. Who eventually tells Daniel that Gwendolyn knows about Lydia?
5. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Cohens react when Daniel and Mordecai tell them that Mordecai will be leaving them to go live with his long-lost sister?
2. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Sir Hugo about what Grandcourt has left her?
4. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
5. How did Daniel's mother come to find out about him as an adult?
6. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
7. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
8. What does Daniel's mother tell him about her heritage?
9. What kind of wedding ceremony do Daniel and Mirah have?
10. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)