|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owned the chest that Daniel is now inheriting?
(a) His father.
(b) His great-grandfather.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
2. Who tells Mordecai that his younger sister has been found?
(a) Sir Hugo.
3. What prevents Daniel from spending more time with Mordecai as they begin to grow closer?
(a) He has to run errands for Sir Hugo.
(b) Mordecai is not well enough to see him every day.
(c) He is very busy with his banking business.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
4. What is the Abbey?
(a) Gwendolyn's favorite park.
(b) Sir Hugo's home.
(c) Gwendolyn's home.
(d) Lydia's favorite restaurant.
5. Where are Rex and Anne when they learn that Grandcourt has drowned?
(a) At the town square hearing the daily news.
(b) At their Aunt Fanny's.
(c) At the pier.
(d) At Gwendolyn's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gwendolyn request be sent to her after she and Sir Hugo discuss what Grandcourt has left her in the will?
2. What does Daniel notice about Mordecai upon returning to visit him after pawning his ring?
3. Who does Daniel plan to ask about Mirah's mother?
4. Who does Hans realize to be loved by Mirah?
5. What did Sir Hugo promise to do with Daniel when Daniel's mother gave Daniel to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
2. Why does Daniel think that Hans' love for Mirah will not result in a long-lasting relationship?
3. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt being upset about how she conducts herself around Daniel?
4. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
5. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
6. What does Daniel's mother tell him about her heritage?
7. What does Mordecai say about the Mrs. Cohen's older daughter when Daniel first asks about her?
8. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
9. Why does Gwendolyn keep up public appearances that her marriage is a happy one?
10. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)