|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mordecai's sister who is taken?
2. Who does Gwendolyn want to connect with while at the Abbey?
(b) Sir Hugo.
3. How does Daniel tell Mordecai and Mirah that he is going to see his mother?
(a) In a long conversation in their living room.
(b) In person, over dinner.
(c) He does not tell them.
(d) In a letter.
4. Not counting Daniel, how many children does Daniel's mother now have?
5. What specific advice does Grandcourt give Gwendolyn while at the Abbey?
(a) That she will "fill her place properly".
(b) That she is "too beautiful to exist on Earth".
(c) That she must "act more like a woman".
(d) That the ideas in her head "must be swept away, like dust under a rug".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Daniel request help from in opening and translating the chest?
2. Upon whose request does Sir Hugo keep Daniel's parentage a secret?
3. What does Daniel plan to do once he realizes that he has found Mirah's lost family?
4. Who does Daniel plan to ask about Mirah's mother?
5. Where do Grandcourt and Gwendolyn go yachting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before she confides in him, what does Daniel surmise about Gwendolyn's knowledge of Lydia?
2. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
3. Why does Gwendolyn keep up public appearances that her marriage is a happy one?
4. What does Joseph Kalonymos talk to Daniel about before he hands over the family chest?
5. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
6. Why had Daniel's mother marry so quickly?
7. What advice does Daniel give Gwendolyn when she asks what to do if someone has wronged someone else?
8. How did Daniel's mother come to find out about him as an adult?
9. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
10. What does Sir Hugo confess to Daniel about his reason for keeping Daniel's parentage in secret for so long?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)