|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Meyrick report as being happier since Hans' arrival?
2. How does Eliot make it clear that Rex has gotten over Gwendolyn?
(a) Eliot states that Rex is happily married to someone else.
(b) He does not. Rex has really never stopped loving Gwedolyn.
(c) Rex simply tells Gwendolyn that he is no longer in love with her.
(d) Eliot claims that Rex is now throwing himself into his studies.
3. What names does Mordecai tell Daniel he was called by a companion?
4. What does Gwendolyn confess to Daniel while they are at the Abbey?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) That she does not know what to do.
(c) That she is miserable.
(d) That she is bothered by the idea of Lydia.
5. Where does Grandcourt want Gwendolyn's family to live?
(a) At the Grandcourt estate.
(b) At another estate that he owns in London.
(c) Far away.
(d) Down the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specific advice does Grandcourt give Gwendolyn while at the Abbey?
2. How did Daniel's mother know Sir Hugo?
3. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
4. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
5. Who visits Gwendolyn after Grandcourt drowns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before she confides in him, what does Daniel surmise about Gwendolyn's knowledge of Lydia?
2. Why had Daniel's mother marry so quickly?
3. How does Daniel's mother misrepresent Daniel's identity to her servants?
4. What does Grandcourt suspect about the package of diamonds that Gwendolyn has received?
5. What does Gwendolyn tell Sir Hugo about what Grandcourt has left her?
6. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
7. What does Mordecai say about the Mrs. Cohen's older daughter when Daniel first asks about her?
8. Why does Daniel think that Hans' love for Mirah will not result in a long-lasting relationship?
9. Why is Gwendolyn hesitant to talk to Daniel while she is staying at the Abbey?
10. What does Daniel's mother tell him about her heritage?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)