|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Hugo begin calling Gwendolyn?
(a) His sister.
(b) His niece.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
2. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
(a) She was upset by something that she had read in her romance novel.
(b) She was just stressed out.
(c) She was suffering with influenza.
(d) She was having a coughing fit.
3. How does Mordecai react to Daniel's kindness upon finding him a place to live?
(a) He accepts it.
(b) He refuses to accept it because it is not nice enough.
(c) He never accepts it because he dies from shock.
(d) He refuses to accept it because he is too proud.
4. What kind remark does Gwendolyn make to Daniel before she leaves the Abbey?
(a) That she wishes her husband were more like him.
(b) That she is going to name her baby after him.
(c) That she hopes he has a happy, joyful, and rich life.
(d) That her life has been better for having known him.
5. Where does Herr invite Mirah to sing?
(a) At the opera.
(b) At the weddings he conducts.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) At a private concert at his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Abbey?
2. What did Daniel's mother do for a living when he was born?
3. Who does Gwendolyn request be sent to her after she and Sir Hugo discuss what Grandcourt has left her in the will?
4. What does Gwendolyn confess to Daniel while they are at the Abbey?
5. What does Daniel notice about Mordecai upon returning to visit him after pawning his ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mordecai predict will happen after Mirah first gives her father money?
2. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
3. What does Sir Hugo think about Gwendolyn and Daniel after Grandcourt passes away?
4. What does Mordecai say about the Mrs. Cohen's older daughter when Daniel first asks about her?
5. How did Daniel's mother come to find out about him as an adult?
6. What does the reader learn about the Arrowpoints during the conversation among Daniel, Grandcourt and Gwendolyn at the Abbey?
7. How does Rex react to the news that Gwendolyn's husband has drowned?
8. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
9. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
10. As their marriage sours, what does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn in relation to Lush dining with them?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)