|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(b) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(c) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(d) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
2. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
(a) She loves him a little bit and is unsure.
(b) She loves him madly and is obsessed with him to a point of being unhealthy.
(c) She really loves him very deeply.
(d) She doesn't like him, but thinks that she may grow to love him.
3. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
4. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
5. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(b) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(c) Accept the proposal.
(d) Turn down the proposal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
2. What does Daniel give Mrs. Meyrick for Mirah?
3. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
4. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
5. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn upon arriving home after being married?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn feel about Grandcourt after the ball?
2. What does Lydia Glasher tell Gwendolyn when they first meet?
3. Why does Mr. Lush encourage Grandcourt to seek Catherine Arrowpoint's favor?
4. What does the letter that Gwendolyn receives on the night she gambles say?
5. How does Lydia react when Grandcourt asks her to return his diamonds?
6. How does Mirah Lapidoth introduce herself to Mrs. Meyrick?
7. Why is Mr. Lush against the idea of marriage between Gwendolyn and Grandcourt?
8. What does Mrs. Meyrick believe about Mirah when she takes her in?
9. What is the main reason behind Lydia's desire to marry Grandcourt?
10. What is Daniel's relation to Sir Hugo Mallinger?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)