|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) That she never wants to see him again.
(b) That he can visit her the next day.
(c) That she wants to get married that very night.
(d) That he is a lying cheat.
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She accepts.
(b) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(c) She snubs him.
(d) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
3. Why does Daniel pawn a ring with Ezra Cohen?
(a) In order to see whether he is an honest man.
(b) In order to spend more time with him.
(c) In order to take a picture of him without his knowledge.
(d) In order to borrow money from him.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She snubs him.
(b) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(c) She gets too embarassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(d) She accepts.
5. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
(a) In Oxford proper.
(b) At the Green Arbor.
(c) On her own grounds; she is hosting the event.
(d) In the town square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
2. What does Mordecai ask Daniel when they first meet one another?
3. What item(s) does Grandcourt request from Lydia once he becomes engaged to Gwendolyn?
4. Who is Mr. Lush?
5. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter that Gwendolyn receives on the night she gambles say?
2. How does Gwendolyn react when she receives her pawned necklace supposedly from Daniel?
3. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
4. What does Mordecai say about the Mrs. Cohen's older daughter when Daniel first asks about her?
5. How does Gwendolyn feel about Grandcourt after the ball?
6. What does Daniel tell his mother when he first sees her?
7. What does Sir Hugo confess to Daniel about his reason for keeping Daniel's parentage in secret for so long?
8. What does Mirah believe about her brother and sister when she runs away from her father?
9. What are the two reasons that Gwendolyn regrets losing her money gambling?
10. Why is Anna a little disappointed to hear of Gwendolyn's engagement?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)