|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anna?
(a) Daughter of Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne.
(b) Gwendolyn's friend who lives very far away.
(c) Cousin of Mrs. Gascoigne.
(d) Reverend Gascoigne's wife.
2. Why does Daniel pawn a ring with Ezra Cohen?
(a) In order to take a picture of him without his knowledge.
(b) In order to spend more time with him.
(c) In order to see whether he is an honest man.
(d) In order to borrow money from him.
3. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
(a) That she is unique-looking.
(b) That she is really quite ugly.
(c) That she is simple, but would look better with make-up.
(d) That she looks resembles an old cousin of his.
4. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
(a) To have the woman arrested.
(b) To leave the archery event early.
(c) To have a private investigator follow Glasher to see what she is really doing.
(d) To be taken to a doctor.
5. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) He is a musician.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) He is independently wealthy.
(d) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
2. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
3. What does Mordecai ask Daniel when they first meet one another?
4. What does Mrs. Davilow claim to have learned about Daniels' mother?
5. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main reason behind Lydia's desire to marry Grandcourt?
2. What does Daniel's mother tell him about the family chest?
3. How does Gwendolyn feel about Grandcourt after the ball?
4. Why did Mordecai's mother share a special bonded with his younger sister?
5. What does Mirah come to realize about her father as she gets older?
6. What is Daniel's relation to Sir Hugo Mallinger?
7. What does Daniel tell Sir Hugo about Grandcourt's reaction to the proposed settlement?
8. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
9. How do the Cohens react when Daniel and Mordecai tell them that Mordecai will be leaving them to go live with his long-lost sister?
10. Where does Mordecai take Daniel before he tells him his life story?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)