|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does Ezra first claim to have with Mordecai?
(a) He claims that Mordecai is a long-lost uncle.
(b) He claims that he found Mordecai homeless on the street one day, and decided to take him in.
(c) He claims not to know Mordecai at all.
(d) He claims that Mordecai is a former employee.
2. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
(b) That he is watching her often.
(c) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
(d) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
3. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
(a) That she is really quite ugly.
(b) That she is unique-looking.
(c) That she is simple, but would look better with make-up.
(d) That she looks resembles an old cousin of his.
4. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
(b) He is independently wealthy.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
5. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
2. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
3. What does Daniel give Mrs. Meyrick for Mirah?
4. How does Gwendolyn feel about gambling?
5. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Lush encourage Grandcourt to seek Catherine Arrowpoint's favor?
2. What does Grandcourt suspect about the package of diamonds that Gwendolyn has received?
3. What does Gwendolyn request of Grandcourt during their conversation about getting married?
4. Why is Mr. Lush against the idea of marriage between Gwendolyn and Grandcourt?
5. How does Mrs. Davilow respond to Gwendolyn's question about illegitimate children?
6. Before she confides in him, what does Daniel surmise about Gwendolyn's knowledge of Lydia?
7. How does Gwendolyn feel about Grandcourt after the ball?
8. What does Daniel's mother tell him about her heritage?
9. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
10. What does Daniel tell his uncle right after he finds the girl at the river?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)