|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The polka.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The stilta.
(d) The quadrille.
2. Who tells Sir Hugo about the engagement between Gwendolyn and Grandcourt?
(a) The Reverend.
3. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
4. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A horse.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A puppy.
5. What does Daniel give Mrs. Meyrick for Mirah?
(a) A book to read.
(b) A locket.
(c) The use of his nice big house.
(d) Money for her food and lodging.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
2. Why does Daniel pawn a ring with Ezra Cohen?
3. Who is Herr Klesmer?
4. How does Gwendolyn feel about gambling?
5. Where does Daniel first encounter Mordecai?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react when she enters her family's new rented house in Offendene?
2. Why does Gwendolyn think that her family will travel abroad after she leaves Grandcourt before he can propose?
3. What does Gwendolyn request of Grandcourt during their conversation about getting married?
4. What does Daniel tell his uncle right after he finds the girl at the river?
5. What does Mrs. Meyrick believe about Mirah when she takes her in?
6. How does Gwendolyn feel about Grandcourt after the ball?
7. How does Rex react to Gwendolyn's rebuff of his confession of love?
8. Why is Mr. Lush against the idea of marriage between Gwendolyn and Grandcourt?
9. For what reason does Daniel visit Grandcourt after he becomes engaged?
10. What does Anna think that her life will be like when Rex is first mentioned in the novel?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)