|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) He is a musician.
(b) He is independently wealthy.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
2. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
(b) No one.
(c) Some extended family members.
(d) Her boyfriend.
3. Where does Daniel first encounter Mordecai?
(a) At the farmers' market.
(b) At the butcher shop.
(c) Randomly on the street.
(d) At a bookstore.
4. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
(a) That they are facing financial ruin.
(b) That they are planning to kidnap and possibly kill Lush.
(c) That they are very, very wealthy.
(d) That they are fleeing from Grandcourt.
5. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(b) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(c) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(d) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Sir Hugo about the engagement between Gwendolyn and Grandcourt?
2. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
3. What does Ezra Cohen do for a living?
4. How does Lydia react to the news that Grandcourt is engaged?
5. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hans Meyrick's family feel about Daniel?
2. What advice does Daniel give Gwendolyn when she asks what to do if someone has wronged someone else?
3. What does Mordecai say about the Mrs. Cohen's older daughter when Daniel first asks about her?
4. What kind of wedding ceremony do Daniel and Mirah have?
5. What is Daniel's relation to Sir Hugo Mallinger?
6. What important financial news does Grandcourt make Lush tell Gwendolyn?
7. Why does Mr. Lush encourage Grandcourt to seek Catherine Arrowpoint's favor?
8. Why does Daniel think that Hans' love for Mirah will not result in a long-lasting relationship?
9. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn about finances?
10. What does Gwendolyn request of Grandcourt during their conversation about getting married?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)