|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the name, "Ezra", significant in the book?
(a) It is the name of a boy who has a crush on Mirah.
(b) It is the name of Mirah's lost brother.
(c) It is the name of a messenger boy who works for Daniel.
(d) It is the name of Daniel's lost brother.
2. What does Mirah's father teach her when she is young?
3. Why does Mirah run away from her father?
(a) She realizes that he is planning to marry her off.
(b) She realizes that he is only after her money.
(c) She learns that the police are after him.
(d) She realizes that he is becoming an alcoholic.
4. What relationship does Ezra first claim to have with Mordecai?
(a) He claims not to know Mordecai at all.
(b) He claims that he found Mordecai homeless on the street one day, and decided to take him in.
(c) He claims that Mordecai is a former employee.
(d) He claims that Mordecai is a long-lost uncle.
5. What does Mordecai ask Daniel when they first meet one another?
(a) Whether he is Jewish.
(b) Whether he is very rich.
(c) Whether he is married.
(d) Whether he is an immigrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
2. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
3. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
4. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
5. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Rex tries to go hunting with Gwendolyn?
2. What is Daniel's relation to Sir Hugo Mallinger?
3. Why is Anna a little disappointed to hear of Gwendolyn's engagement?
4. What does Lydia Glasher tell Gwendolyn when they first meet?
5. How does Mirah Lapidoth introduce herself to Mrs. Meyrick?
6. What does the letter that Lydia includes in the package with the diamonds that she sends to Gwendolyn say?
7. How does Mrs. Davilow respond to Gwendolyn's question about illegitimate children?
8. What does Grandcourt think that he needs to do in order to gain Gwendolyn's forgiveness as he learns that Gwendolyn has left town before he has had the opportunity to propose?
9. What does Mrs. Meyrick believe about Mirah when she takes her in?
10. What does Anna think that her life will be like when Rex is first mentioned in the novel?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)