|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daniel's mother want to meet him?
(a) In Genoa.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In Madrid.
(d) In Nice.
2. Who is Jacob?
(a) Lydia's illegitimate son.
(b) Daniel's long-lost cousin.
(c) The youngster who lives with Mordecai.
(d) Daniel's younger brother.
3. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
(a) She was having a coughing fit.
(b) She was just stressed out.
(c) She was suffering with influenza.
(d) She was upset by something that she had read in her romance novel.
4. What names does Mordecai tell Daniel he was called by a companion?
5. What does Daniel plan to do once he realizes that he has found Mirah's lost family?
(a) Publish the story of his journey in the local paper.
(b) Blackmail them so that he can get some money out of the situation.
(c) Help them live together.
(d) Make sure that they do not find each other; it would upset everyone involved.
6. How does Daniel tell Mordecai and Mirah that he is going to see his mother?
(a) He does not tell them.
(b) In a long conversation in their living room.
(c) In a letter.
(d) In person, over dinner.
7. What is the name of Mordecai's sister who is taken?
8. How is Mordecai notified that his father has taken his little sister away?
(a) By a letter from his father.
(b) By a letter from his sister.
(c) By a letter from his mother.
(d) In person by Mrs. Davilow.
9. How do Mordecai and Mirah react when they first see each other?
(a) They have no recollection of each other whatsoever.
(b) They remember how much they hated each other.
(c) They pretend to be happy, but are really upset with Daniel.
(d) They reconnect right away.
10. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
(a) He believes that she is going to die soon anyway, so he should just stop worrying about her.
(b) He believes that she should be sent far away.
(c) He believes that the situation might be true.
(d) He believes that she is a greedy blackmailer.
11. Who tells Reverend Gascoigne the truth about Grandcourt's will?
(b) Sir Hugo.
(d) The lawyer.
12. Who visits Gwendolyn after Grandcourt drowns?
(b) Catherine Arrowpoint.
(d) The Reverend Gascoigne and Mrs. Davilow.
13. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
(a) At a smoking session after dinner.
(b) At a midnight fox hunt.
(c) At dinner.
(d) At a star-gazing session at midnight.
14. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
(a) At Grandcourt's estate.
(b) At the Meyrick house.
(c) In the town square.
(d) At the Abbey.
15. Why does Hans stay with Daniel instead of his own mother during a visit?
(a) Because his mother's house has been damaged by fire.
(b) Because he is trying to keep knowledge of his visit with Daniel away from his mother.
(c) Because they are best friends and enjoy each other's company.
(d) Because Mirah is at his home and it would be improper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon whose request does Sir Hugo keep Daniel's parentage a secret?
2. How long does Daniel wait before his mother finally arrives to see him?
3. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
4. What is the Abbey?
5. What does Gwendolyn tell her mother about her marriage to Grandcourt as time goes on?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)