Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
(a) That she must learn to become a woman of society.
(b) That she must become interested in something other than herself.
(c) That she will only find happiness when she finds God.
(d) That she will never be happy in her horrible marriage.
2. Who does Gwendolyn request be sent to her after she and Sir Hugo discuss what Grandcourt has left her in the will?
(c) Grandcourt's illegitimate son.
3. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
(a) At a midnight fox hunt.
(b) At dinner.
(c) At a star-gazing session at midnight.
(d) At a smoking session after dinner.
4. Where does Daniel find a place for Mordecai to live?
(a) In Chesapeake.
(b) In Brompton.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In Oxford.
5. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
(a) Not for another week.
(b) She never requests to see him.
(c) The very next day.
(d) Right away.
6. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
(a) At the Meyrick house.
(b) At the Abbey.
(c) In the town square.
(d) At Grandcourt's estate.
7. How does Mordecai react to Daniel's kindness upon finding him a place to live?
(a) He accepts it.
(b) He never accepts it because he dies from shock.
(c) He refuses to accept it because he is too proud.
(d) He refuses to accept it because it is not nice enough.
8. How long does Daniel wait before his mother finally arrives to see him?
(a) Only a few hours.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Five days.
(d) Six months.
9. What does Mrs. Meyrick advise Mirah to do when she thinks that she has seen her father?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Not to go anywhere with him unless she tells Mordecai in advance.
(c) Not to give him any money.
(d) Not to talk to him.
10. Where does Herr invite Mirah to sing?
(a) At a private concert at his home.
(b) At the weddings he conducts.
(c) At the opera.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
11. Who is Joseph Kalonymos?
(a) A friend of Daniel's grandfather.
(b) Daniel's new stepfather.
(c) Joseph Kalonymos is actually not a character in this novel.
(d) The messenger who informs Daniel that his mother is ready to meet with him.
12. Where does Daniel have to travel to retrieve his family chest?
13. What does Daniel plan to do once he realizes that he has found Mirah's lost family?
(a) Help them live together.
(b) Publish the story of his journey in the local paper.
(c) Make sure that they do not find each other; it would upset everyone involved.
(d) Blackmail them so that he can get some money out of the situation.
14. What did Sir Hugo promise to do with Daniel when Daniel's mother gave Daniel to him?
(a) To never let his father know what happened to him.
(b) To raise him like an English gentleman.
(c) To never let him see his mother in a movie.
(d) To raise him as a Jew.
15. In a letter to Daniel, who does Hans report to have recently visited his family?
(a) Rex Gascoigne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Daniel's mother know Sir Hugo?
2. Who gives Daniel the letter from his mother?
3. How does Grandcourt react to how Gwendolyn is talking to Daniel at the Abbey?
4. Who does Mrs. Meyrick report as being happier since Hans' arrival?
5. Whom does Grandcourt make fun of to Gwendolyn?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)