|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
(a) At the Abbey.
(b) In the town square.
(c) At the Meyrick house.
(d) At Grandcourt's estate.
2. Where do Grandcourt and Gwendolyn go yachting?
(a) In the Mediterranean.
(b) In the Red Sea.
(c) Along the English Channel.
(d) In the Bahamas.
3. Why does Hans stay with Daniel instead of his own mother during a visit?
(a) Because they are best friends and enjoy each other's company.
(b) Because he is trying to keep knowledge of his visit with Daniel away from his mother.
(c) Because Mirah is at his home and it would be improper.
(d) Because his mother's house has been damaged by fire.
4. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
(a) Financial type.
(b) Romantic type.
(c) The type that deal with their children since he categorizes that as women's work.
(d) The type that deal with housekeeping.
5. Who eventually tells Daniel that Gwendolyn knows about Lydia?
(b) Gwendolyn herself.
(c) Mrs. Davilow.
(d) Lydia herself.
6. What is the name of Mordecai's sister who is taken?
7. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
8. Where does Daniel's mother want to meet him?
(a) In Nice.
(b) In Genoa.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In Madrid.
9. Whom does Grandcourt make fun of to Gwendolyn?
(a) Her uncle's family.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her younger siblings.
10. Who tells the Cohen family that Mordecai's missing family has been found?
(a) Both of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Neither of the answer choices are correct.
11. What does Mrs. Meyrick advise Mirah to do when she thinks that she has seen her father?
(a) Not to give him any money.
(b) Not to go anywhere with him unless she tells Mordecai in advance.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Not to talk to him.
12. How does Eliot make it clear that Rex has gotten over Gwendolyn?
(a) Rex simply tells Gwendolyn that he is no longer in love with her.
(b) Eliot claims that Rex is now throwing himself into his studies.
(c) Eliot states that Rex is happily married to someone else.
(d) He does not. Rex has really never stopped loving Gwedolyn.
13. What does Daniel's mother claim to be in the letter that she writes to him?
(a) A princess.
(b) A famous soap opera actress.
(c) A queen.
(d) A very famous dancer.
14. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
(a) She was just stressed out.
(b) She was having a coughing fit.
(c) She was suffering with influenza.
(d) She was upset by something that she had read in her romance novel.
15. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
(a) At a smoking session after dinner.
(b) At dinner.
(c) At a star-gazing session at midnight.
(d) At a midnight fox hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Daniel that his mother wants to meet him?
2. What is the Abbey?
3. Who does Mrs. Meyrick report as being happier since Hans' arrival?
4. How does Mordecai react to Daniel's kindness upon finding him a place to live?
5. What is Daniel's first reaction to learning about Lydia?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)