|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
2. Who owned the chest that Daniel is now inheriting?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His great-grandfather.
3. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
(a) At the Meyrick house.
(b) At Grandcourt's estate.
(c) At the Abbey.
(d) In the town square.
4. What is the name of Mordecai's sister who is taken?
5. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
(a) The type that deal with their children since he categorizes that as women's work.
(b) Romantic type.
(c) The type that deal with housekeeping.
(d) Financial type.
6. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
(a) She was just stressed out.
(b) She was having a coughing fit.
(c) She was upset by something that she had read in her romance novel.
(d) She was suffering with influenza.
7. Where does Grandcourt want Gwendolyn's family to live?
(a) At the Grandcourt estate.
(b) Far away.
(c) Down the street.
(d) At another estate that he owns in London.
8. Why does Hans have a drawing of Rex with him when he visits Daniel?
(a) Because he drew it.
(b) Because he bought it at a bazaar.
(c) Because he found it on the front step when he came to visit.
(d) Because he is trying to find the man in the picture.
9. What did Sir Hugo promise to do with Daniel when Daniel's mother gave Daniel to him?
(a) To never let him see his mother in a movie.
(b) To raise him as a Jew.
(c) To raise him like an English gentleman.
(d) To never let his father know what happened to him.
10. Not counting Daniel, how many children does Daniel's mother now have?
11. How many of Mordecai's siblings died when they were younger?
12. Who eventually tells Daniel that Gwendolyn knows about Lydia?
(a) Gwendolyn herself.
(b) Mrs. Davilow.
(c) Lydia herself.
13. Who tells Daniel that his mother wants to meet him?
(c) Sir Hugo.
14. What prevents Daniel from spending more time with Mordecai as they begin to grow closer?
(a) He has to run errands for Sir Hugo.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) He is very busy with his banking business.
(d) Mordecai is not well enough to see him every day.
15. What is the purpose that Mirah's father claims to want money the first time that he asks her to aid him financially?
(a) To buy some decent clothes before reuniting with his son.
(b) To go some place where he can clean up and look presentable.
(c) To buy some good food.
(d) To buy her the necklace that he pawned years earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mirah dress in her poorest dress as she prepares to meet her brother?
2. Who does Daniel request help from in opening and translating the chest?
3. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
4. What is Daniel's first reaction to learning about Lydia?
5. Who informs Rex and Anne that Grandcourt has drowned?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)