|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
(a) In exactly 34 days, since 34 is his lucky number.
(b) He wants to wait a year for the sake of tradition.
(c) Right away -- like that night.
(d) Within a few weeks.
2. Who is Anna?
(a) Daughter of Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne.
(b) Cousin of Mrs. Gascoigne.
(c) Gwendolyn's friend who lives very far away.
(d) Reverend Gascoigne's wife.
3. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
(b) The government.
(c) An aunt and uncle.
(d) Gwendolyn herself.
4. Who does Mrs. Meyrick report as being happier since Hans' arrival?
5. How does Grandcourt react to how Gwendolyn is talking to Daniel at the Abbey?
(a) He is jealous that they might be having a relationship.
(b) He is so arrogant that he does not even notice that they are conversing.
(c) He is happy that she has found a friend.
(d) He scolds her and tells her that she is acting in a way that is unbecoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
2. How is Mordecai notified that his father has taken his little sister away?
3. What does Daniel give Mrs. Meyrick for Mirah?
4. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
5. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)