|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
(a) Propose again every day until she says "yes".
(b) Never love anyone else.
(c) Jump off a bridge.
(d) Move to Canada.
2. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
(a) In exactly 34 days, since 34 is his lucky number.
(b) Within a few weeks.
(c) He wants to wait a year for the sake of tradition.
(d) Right away -- like that night.
3. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(b) She sells it to the gambling house.
(c) She sells it to a man on the street.
(d) She sells it to a pawn shop.
4. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
(a) She loves him a little bit and is unsure.
(b) She loves him madly and is obsessed with him to a point of being unhealthy.
(c) She doesn't like him, but thinks that she may grow to love him.
(d) She really loves him very deeply.
5. Where does Daniel's mother want to meet him?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In Madrid.
(c) In Nice.
(d) In Genoa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel's first reaction to learning about Lydia?
2. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
3. Who does Mrs. Meyrick report as being happier since Hans' arrival?
4. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
5. Who tells Reverend Gascoigne the truth about Grandcourt's will?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)