|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Mrs. Davilow's younger girls be doing to earn money for the family?
(a) Working as house servants.
(b) Selling baked goods.
(d) Joining the nunnery.
2. What prevents Daniel from spending more time with Mordecai as they begin to grow closer?
(a) Mordecai is not well enough to see him every day.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) He has to run errands for Sir Hugo.
(d) He is very busy with his banking business.
3. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) To join friends in Dover.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) No one knows; she just disappears from everyone's sight.
(d) On her honeymoon.
4. Not counting Daniel, how many children does Daniel's mother now have?
5. Who is also in the room when Mordecai tells his life story to Daniel?
(b) No one.
(c) A reporter who is chronicling their story.
(d) Gwendolyn, although no one knows that she is there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
2. According to Mrs. Davilow, what two options are available as a profession for Gwendolyn?
3. What does Mrs. Davilow claim to have learned about Daniels' mother?
4. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
5. What does Gwendolyn confess to Daniel while they are at the Abbey?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)