|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A horse.
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(b) She accepts.
(c) She snubs him.
(d) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
3. How does Gwendolyn feel about gambling?
(a) That she could do it professionally if only women were allowed to gamble.
(b) That it is a great thrill and one she misses dearly.
(c) That the wins and losses are no different than every day life.
(d) That it is a great way for her to show off and gain admirers.
4. How do Mordecai and Mirah react when they first see each other?
(a) They have no recollection of each other whatsoever.
(b) They pretend to be happy, but are really upset with Daniel.
(c) They reconnect right away.
(d) They remember how much they hated each other.
5. Who informs Rex and Anne that Grandcourt has drowned?
(a) Reverend Gascoigne.
(b) A child who does not realize that they know Grandcourt.
(c) Sir Hugo.
(d) A messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Herr Klesmer?
2. Who tells Sir Hugo about the engagement between Gwendolyn and Grandcourt?
3. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
4. What is Daniel's mother's full name?
5. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)