|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters does Daniel come to realize to be living together?
(a) Anna and Ezra.
(b) Ezra and Mordecai.
(c) Anna and Gwendolyn.
(d) Mordecai and Ezra.
2. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To join friends in Dover.
(c) No one knows; she just disappears from everyone's sight.
(d) On her honeymoon.
3. Who gives Daniel the letter from his mother?
(b) Sir Hugo.
(c) A messenger.
(d) The mailman.
4. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) The Reverend.
(b) Gwendolyn's mother.
(c) Gwendolyn herself; she is alone at home.
(d) No one; no one is home.
5. What kind of relationship do Mordecai and Daniel develop after Daniel pawns his ring?
(a) None. No relationship is formed between them.
(b) One of animosity.
(c) A close one.
(d) One of suspicion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Ezra first claim to have with Mordecai?
2. How does Lydia react to the news that Grandcourt is engaged?
3. What is the reason that Mrs. Davilow tells Gwendolyn that they are not going to be traveling or moving abroad?
4. How does Anna appear - at least on the outside - when she sees Gwendolyn and learns of her engagement?
5. What is Mirah lacking when Daniel finds her?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)