|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ezra Cohen do for a living?
(a) He is the town baker.
(b) He is a shop owner.
(c) He is the town mayor.
(d) He is a famous painter who lives like a hermit.
2. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
(a) The type that deal with housekeeping.
(b) Financial type.
(c) The type that deal with their children since he categorizes that as women's work.
(d) Romantic type.
3. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Also lose spectacularly.
(b) Pay money to a fortune teller.
(c) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
(d) Pray harder and longer at night.
4. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) He is independently wealthy.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
5. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
(a) Because he has had a dream that something bad happens, although he doesn't know what the bad occurrence is.
(b) Because he realizes that Gwendolyn is very spoiled and rude.
(c) Because he will now have to assume financial responsibility for Gwendolyn's family.
(d) Because he thinks that his life will be in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason that Mrs. Davilow tells Gwendolyn that they are not going to be traveling or moving abroad?
2. Who informs Rex and Anne that Grandcourt has drowned?
3. Who does Gwendolyn want to connect with while at the Abbey?
4. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
5. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)