|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandcourt assure Lydia of after he tells her that he has become engaged to Gwendolyn?
(a) That she must now address him as a boss and not a lover.
(b) That he really wishes that he were engaged to her instead.
(c) That he will continue to take care of her and the children.
(d) That he will never see her again.
2. What is Mirah lacking when Daniel finds her?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Information on her mother and brother.
3. How do Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne react to Gwendolyn when they learn of her engagement to Grandcourt?
(a) They are furiously angry.
(b) They are not sure what to think.
(c) They congratulate her.
(d) They are horribly embarrassed.
4. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
(a) She wants to say yes, but cannott bring herself to make that decision.
(b) She is acting uninterested, but really feels like an excited little girl.
(c) She can hardly contain herself, she is so excited.
(d) She hopes that he does not ask so that she doesn't have to refuse him.
5. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
(a) That they are facing financial ruin.
(b) That they are planning to kidnap and possibly kill Lush.
(c) That they are fleeing from Grandcourt.
(d) That they are very, very wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel learn about his father?
2. How does Mrs. Davilow react to Gwendolyn's increasing need for her after Grandcourt drowns?
3. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
4. Upon whose request does Sir Hugo keep Daniel's parentage a secret?
5. What kind of relationship do Mordecai and Daniel develop after Daniel pawns his ring?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)