|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rex?
(a) Gwendolyn's new music teacher.
(b) One of Anna's brothers.
(c) The town mayor.
(d) One of Gwendolyn's brothers.
2. Who tells Sir Hugo about the engagement between Gwendolyn and Grandcourt?
(b) The Reverend.
3. Why does Herr tell Gwendolyn that she cannot count on Catherine as a patron?
(a) Because Catherine has found out about Gwendolyn having gossiped about her.
(b) Because she is too jealous of their engagement.
(c) Because Gwendolyn is now too poor for them to associate with her.
(d) Because her parents have disowned her.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
(b) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
(c) She pretends not to understand English.
(d) She remains cool and collected.
5. What is the purpose that Mirah's father claims to want money the first time that he asks her to aid him financially?
(a) To go some place where he can clean up and look presentable.
(b) To buy some decent clothes before reuniting with his son.
(c) To buy her the necklace that he pawned years earlier.
(d) To buy some good food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
3. How does Daniel tell Mordecai and Mirah that he is going to see his mother?
4. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
5. Who does Daniel tell about the news of his ethnicity?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)