|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Daniel the letter from his mother?
(b) Sir Hugo.
(c) A messenger.
(d) The mailman.
2. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
(a) He believes that she is a greedy blackmailer.
(b) He believes that she is going to die soon anyway, so he should just stop worrying about her.
(c) He believes that the situation might be true.
(d) He believes that she should be sent far away.
3. What item(s) does Grandcourt request from Lydia once he becomes engaged to Gwendolyn?
(b) His family chest.
(c) A very expensive scarf that he had given Lydia at the time that they first met.
(d) His family Bible.
4. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
(a) The train only leaves once a month, and she has to be on it.
(b) She is indebted to a lot of people.
(c) She is on the lam, and the police are after her.
(d) She receives a letter from her mother.
5. What is Daniel's mother's full name?
(a) Annabelle Miriam Shirenstein.
(b) Lenora Halm Eberstein.
(c) Shoshanna Lynn MacGuire.
(d) Rachel Anne Lipson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn confess to Daniel while they are at the Abbey?
2. What does Mrs. Meyrick advise Mirah to do when she thinks that she has seen her father?
3. How does Gwendolyn feel about gambling?
4. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
5. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)