|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
(a) To leave the archery event early.
(b) To be taken to a doctor.
(c) To have a private investigator follow Glasher to see what she is really doing.
(d) To have the woman arrested.
2. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
(b) Pray harder and longer at night.
(c) Also lose spectacularly.
(d) Pay money to a fortune teller.
3. How does Anna appear - at least on the outside - when she sees Gwendolyn and learns of her engagement?
(a) She is angry, even though she is secretly excited.
(b) Her eyes well up with tears, but she does not say anything.
(c) She is polite and congratulatory.
(d) She is standoffish.
4. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
(a) Directy from Grandcourt.
(b) From another guest at his uncle's home.
(c) From reading about her in the paper.
(d) From gossip that he overhears on the street.
5. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
(a) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
(b) The Reverend.
(d) Lydia Glasher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Grandcourt and Gwendolyn go yachting?
2. What valuable family item does Mirah's father steal from Daniel?
3. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
4. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
5. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)