|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Davilow react to Gwendolyn's increasing need for her after Grandcourt drowns?
(a) She considers it to be highly annoying.
(b) She finds it to be a normal psychological need.
(c) She hopes that it passes and that it is just a symptom of her grief.
(d) She is pleased with it.
2. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
(b) Pray harder and longer at night.
(c) Also lose spectacularly.
(d) Pay money to a fortune teller.
3. What is the Abbey?
(a) Sir Hugo's home.
(b) Gwendolyn's home.
(c) Lydia's favorite restaurant.
(d) Gwendolyn's favorite park.
4. Why does Daniel find his mission of pawning a ring to Ezra unsatisfactory?
(a) Because Ezra is not in the shop on the day that Daniel stops in.
(b) Because he does not learn what he wanted to learn.
(c) Because Ezra figures out why he is really there.
(d) Because Ezra is not able to borrow the amount of money that he needs.
5. Where do Grandcourt and Gwendolyn go yachting?
(a) In the Red Sea.
(b) In the Mediterranean.
(c) In the Bahamas.
(d) Along the English Channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What names does Mordecai tell Daniel he was called by a companion?
2. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
3. Where does Grandcourt want Gwendolyn's family to live?
4. Who owned the chest that Daniel is now inheriting?
5. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)