|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn feel about gambling?
(a) That it is a great thrill and one she misses dearly.
(b) That the wins and losses are no different than every day life.
(c) That it is a great way for her to show off and gain admirers.
(d) That she could do it professionally if only women were allowed to gamble.
2. What is Mirah lacking when Daniel finds her?
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Information on her mother and brother.
3. What does Daniel's mother claim to be in the letter that she writes to him?
(a) A queen.
(b) A famous soap opera actress.
(c) A princess.
(d) A very famous dancer.
4. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
(a) At a midnight fox hunt.
(b) At a smoking session after dinner.
(c) At a star-gazing session at midnight.
(d) At dinner.
5. How does Sir Hugo find out about Gwendolyn and Grandcourt's engagement?
(a) By letter.
(b) From the newspaper.
(c) He hears it in person.
(d) The Reverend announces it after Sunday worship service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specific advice does Grandcourt give Gwendolyn while at the Abbey?
2. What does Mirah realize about Mordecai when she first sees him?
3. What is Daniel's first reaction to learning about Lydia?
4. Why does Hans have a drawing of Rex with him when he visits Daniel?
5. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)