|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel's mother's full name?
(a) Annabelle Miriam Shirenstein.
(b) Lenora Halm Eberstein.
(c) Shoshanna Lynn MacGuire.
(d) Rachel Anne Lipson.
2. Why does Herr tell Gwendolyn that she cannot count on Catherine as a patron?
(a) Because Catherine has found out about Gwendolyn having gossiped about her.
(b) Because she is too jealous of their engagement.
(c) Because Gwendolyn is now too poor for them to associate with her.
(d) Because her parents have disowned her.
3. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because her card is already filled.
(b) Because her ankle is sore.
(c) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
(d) Because she does not like him.
4. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
(a) She loves him a little bit and is unsure.
(b) She loves him madly and is obsessed with him to a point of being unhealthy.
(c) She really loves him very deeply.
(d) She doesn't like him, but thinks that she may grow to love him.
5. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(b) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(c) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(d) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anna?
2. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
3. Who gives Daniel the letter from his mother?
4. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
5. How does Sir Hugo find out about Gwendolyn and Grandcourt's engagement?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)