|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lydia react to the news that Grandcourt is engaged?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She becomes depressed instantly.
2. Who is Anna?
(a) Gwendolyn's friend who lives very far away.
(b) Cousin of Mrs. Gascoigne.
(c) Reverend Gascoigne's wife.
(d) Daughter of Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne.
3. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(b) She gets too embarassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(c) She snubs him.
(d) She accepts.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
(a) She tells him that she is already engaged.
(b) She asks him to stop.
(c) She faints.
(d) She is silent because she is not sure how to react.
5. What does Grandcourt assure Lydia of after he tells her that he has become engaged to Gwendolyn?
(a) That he really wishes that he were engaged to her instead.
(b) That he will never see her again.
(c) That he will continue to take care of her and the children.
(d) That she must now address him as a boss and not a lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Catherine?
2. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
3. Not counting Daniel, how many children does Daniel's mother now have?
4. What is Mirah lacking when Daniel finds her?
5. What promise does Daniel make to Mirah in relation to finding her family?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)