|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(b) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(c) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(d) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
2. Where do Grandcourt and Gwendolyn go yachting?
(a) Along the English Channel.
(b) In the Red Sea.
(c) In the Bahamas.
(d) In the Mediterranean.
3. Who does Mrs. Meyrick report as being happier since Hans' arrival?
4. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
(a) The type that deal with their children since he categorizes that as women's work.
(b) Financial type.
(c) The type that deal with housekeeping.
(d) Romantic type.
5. What does Daniel learn about his father?
(a) That he had 15 other children, all of whom he named Daniel.
(b) That he is dead.
(c) That Sir Hugo is his father.
(d) That he is very famous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mirah realize about Mordecai when she first sees him?
2. Why did Daniel's mother not want a child?
3. What does Sir Hugo begin calling Gwendolyn?
4. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
5. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)