|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pay money to a fortune teller.
(b) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
(c) Also lose spectacularly.
(d) Pray harder and longer at night.
2. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
(b) That it is overly showy.
(c) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
(d) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
3. How is Mordecai notified that his father has taken his little sister away?
(a) By a letter from his father.
(b) By a letter from his mother.
(c) In person by Mrs. Davilow.
(d) By a letter from his sister.
4. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
(a) He believes that she is a greedy blackmailer.
(b) He believes that she is going to die soon anyway, so he should just stop worrying about her.
(c) He believes that she should be sent far away.
(d) He believes that the situation might be true.
5. What is the Abbey?
(a) Gwendolyn's home.
(b) Sir Hugo's home.
(c) Gwendolyn's favorite park.
(d) Lydia's favorite restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Daniel's mother do for a living when he was born?
2. Who does Daniel request help from in opening and translating the chest?
3. What does Mirah realize about Mordecai when she first sees him?
4. What specific advice does Grandcourt give Gwendolyn while at the Abbey?
5. Who tells Mordecai that his younger sister has been found?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)