|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
(a) Because he thinks that his life will be in danger.
(b) Because he will now have to assume financial responsibility for Gwendolyn's family.
(c) Because he has had a dream that something bad happens, although he doesn't know what the bad occurrence is.
(d) Because he realizes that Gwendolyn is very spoiled and rude.
2. Who does Daniel plan to ask about Mirah's mother?
(b) Mrs. Cohen herself.
(c) Mirah herself.
3. What is Daniel's first reaction to learning about Lydia?
(a) He does not believe it.
(b) He threatens to kill anyone who mentions her name.
(c) He is furiously angry.
(d) He is confused because he is so honest and naive.
4. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
5. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
(a) Gwendolyn herself.
(c) The government.
(d) An aunt and uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a letter to Daniel, who does Hans report to have recently visited his family?
2. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
3. What does Daniel's mother claim to be in the letter that she writes to him?
4. What does Daniel plan to do once he realizes that he has found Mirah's lost family?
5. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)