|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII, Fruit and Seed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Daniel make to Mirah in relation to finding her family?
(a) That he will help her as much as he can.
(b) That he will keep her identity hidden from them if they ever come looking for her.
(c) That he will always be honest.
(d) That she does not need to look for them, because he will always take care of her.
2. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
(a) He wants to wait a year for the sake of tradition.
(b) Within a few weeks.
(c) Right away -- like that night.
(d) In exactly 34 days, since 34 is his lucky number.
3. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
(a) That they are very, very wealthy.
(b) That they are fleeing from Grandcourt.
(c) That they are planning to kidnap and possibly kill Lush.
(d) That they are facing financial ruin.
4. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) He is independently wealthy.
5. How does Lydia react to the news that Grandcourt is engaged?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She becomes depressed instantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What additional advice does Gwendolyn seek from Daniel during her stay at the Abbey?
2. Which two characters does Daniel come to realize to be living together?
3. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
4. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
5. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)