|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mordecai and Mirah react when they first see each other?
(a) They remember how much they hated each other.
(b) They have no recollection of each other whatsoever.
(c) They pretend to be happy, but are really upset with Daniel.
(d) They reconnect right away.
2. Which two characters does Daniel come to realize to be living together?
(a) Anna and Gwendolyn.
(b) Ezra and Mordecai.
(c) Mordecai and Ezra.
(d) Anna and Ezra.
3. Why does Herr tell Gwendolyn that she cannot count on Catherine as a patron?
(a) Because she is too jealous of their engagement.
(b) Because Gwendolyn is now too poor for them to associate with her.
(c) Because Catherine has found out about Gwendolyn having gossiped about her.
(d) Because her parents have disowned her.
4. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) On her honeymoon.
(b) To join friends in Dover.
(c) No one knows; she just disappears from everyone's sight.
(d) To the hospital.
5. What additional advice does Gwendolyn seek from Daniel during her stay at the Abbey?
(a) What to do if she would like to get a divorce.
(b) What to do if she were to have an affair.
(c) What to do if she had wronged someone.
(d) What to do if she were pregnant, but did not want the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
3. How does Grandcourt react to how Gwendolyn is talking to Daniel at the Abbey?
4. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
5. What kind remark does Gwendolyn make to Daniel before she leaves the Abbey?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)