|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
2. What does Mrs. Meyrick advise Mirah to do when she thinks that she has seen her father?
(a) Not to go anywhere with him unless she tells Mordecai in advance.
(b) Not to talk to him.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Not to give him any money.
3. Who owned the chest that Daniel is now inheriting?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His great-grandfather.
4. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The quadrille.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The stilta.
(d) The polka.
5. What does Gwendolyn plan to do with the money that she gets from her necklace?
(a) Pay for her trip back home.
(b) Buy fancy new dresses.
(c) Gamble just one more day.
(d) Pay off her debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn confess to Daniel while they are at the Abbey?
2. What additional advice does Gwendolyn seek from Daniel during her stay at the Abbey?
3. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
4. What do the Cohens think about Mordecai reuniting with his sister?
5. Why does Hans have a drawing of Rex with him when he visits Daniel?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)