|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel plan to do once he realizes that he has found Mirah's lost family?
(a) Help them live together.
(b) Blackmail them so that he can get some money out of the situation.
(c) Make sure that they do not find each other; it would upset everyone involved.
(d) Publish the story of his journey in the local paper.
2. What does Daniel learn about his father?
(a) That he is very famous.
(b) That Sir Hugo is his father.
(c) That he had 15 other children, all of whom he named Daniel.
(d) That he is dead.
3. What does Gwendolyn tell her mother about her marriage to Grandcourt as time goes on?
(a) That she is having an affair.
(b) That she has fallen out of love with him, but that they are still friends.
(c) That she is very happy.
(d) That she hates him.
4. What does Daniel give Mrs. Meyrick for Mirah?
(a) A book to read.
(b) Money for her food and lodging.
(c) A locket.
(d) The use of his nice big house.
5. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The polka.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The quadrille.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Daniel the letter from his mother?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
3. Who does Mrs. Davilow think is likely to be Daniels' father?
4. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
5. How does Daniel tell Mordecai and Mirah that he is going to see his mother?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)