|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hans stay with Daniel instead of his own mother during a visit?
(a) Because Mirah is at his home and it would be improper.
(b) Because they are best friends and enjoy each other's company.
(c) Because he is trying to keep knowledge of his visit with Daniel away from his mother.
(d) Because his mother's house has been damaged by fire.
2. How does Daniel feel about gambling?
(a) He is currently addicted to it, and is heavily in debt.
(b) He used to be addicted to it, so he cannot play anymore.
(c) He finds it incredibly boring.
(d) He does not enjoy it because his win is someone else's loss.
3. Why did Daniel's mother not want a child?
(a) She would have been outcast.
(b) She did not want to be tied down.
(c) She felt that she was too young to become a mother.
(d) She was impregnated by way of an affair.
4. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
(a) She was having a coughing fit.
(b) She was upset by something that she had read in her romance novel.
(c) She was just stressed out.
(d) She was suffering with influenza.
5. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
(a) Financial type.
(b) The type that deal with their children since he categorizes that as women's work.
(c) Romantic type.
(d) The type that deal with housekeeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
2. Why is the name, "Ezra", significant in the book?
3. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
4. How long does Daniel wait before his mother finally arrives to see him?
5. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)