|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the Cohen family that Mordecai's missing family has been found?
(c) Neither of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Both of the answer choices are correct.
2. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
(a) She tells him that she is already engaged.
(b) She faints.
(c) She asks him to stop.
(d) She is silent because she is not sure how to react.
3. Why is the name, "Ezra", significant in the book?
(a) It is the name of a boy who has a crush on Mirah.
(b) It is the name of a messenger boy who works for Daniel.
(c) It is the name of Daniel's lost brother.
(d) It is the name of Mirah's lost brother.
4. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) That he can visit her the next day.
(b) That he is a lying cheat.
(c) That she wants to get married that very night.
(d) That she never wants to see him again.
5. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
(a) At the Green Arbor.
(b) In the town square.
(c) On her own grounds; she is hosting the event.
(d) In Oxford proper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel feel about gambling?
2. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
3. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
4. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
5. What prevents Daniel from spending more time with Mordecai as they begin to grow closer?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)