|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herr Klesmer?
(a) The town baker.
(b) A music teacher.
(c) The town mayor.
(d) A famous professor.
2. What item greatly upsets Gwendolyn at her first dinner at home with her new husband?
(a) A painting of Lydia that is hanging on the dining room wall.
(b) A dirty fork.
(c) A package from Lydia.
(d) A spoon with Lydia's initials.
3. How do Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne react to Gwendolyn when they learn of her engagement to Grandcourt?
(a) They are not sure what to think.
(b) They congratulate her.
(c) They are furiously angry.
(d) They are horribly embarrassed.
4. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
5. Who does Gwendolyn want to connect with while at the Abbey?
(c) Sir Hugo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn tell her mother about her marriage to Grandcourt as time goes on?
2. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
3. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
4. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
5. What specific advice does Grandcourt give Gwendolyn while at the Abbey?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)