|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel plan to do once he realizes that he has found Mirah's lost family?
(a) Make sure that they do not find each other; it would upset everyone involved.
(b) Publish the story of his journey in the local paper.
(c) Blackmail them so that he can get some money out of the situation.
(d) Help them live together.
2. Who tells the Cohen family that Mordecai's missing family has been found?
(a) Both of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Neither of the answer choices are correct.
3. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
(a) Nothing; they do not talk, and pretend as though nothin happened.
(b) Call all of their friends and family because they are so happy about the engagement.
(c) Her mother faints; and her father punches a window out of anger.
(d) Discuss what they are going to do with their property.
4. Who does Gwendolyn want to connect with while at the Abbey?
(a) Sir Hugo.
5. Why did Daniel's mother not want a child?
(a) She did not want to be tied down.
(b) She would have been outcast.
(c) She was impregnated by way of an affair.
(d) She felt that she was too young to become a mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What led Daniel's mother to marry the man who is now her husband?
2. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
3. Upon whose request does Sir Hugo keep Daniel's parentage a secret?
4. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
5. Who does Daniel plan to ask about Mirah's mother?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)