|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gwendolyn and Grandcourt go once they are married?
(a) To London.
(b) To Nice.
(c) To his estate at Ryelands.
(d) To Paris.
2. What does Daniel learn about his father?
(a) That he had 15 other children, all of whom he named Daniel.
(b) That he is very famous.
(c) That Sir Hugo is his father.
(d) That he is dead.
3. What does Ezra Cohen do for a living?
(a) He is a famous painter who lives like a hermit.
(b) He is the town baker.
(c) He is a shop owner.
(d) He is the town mayor.
4. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
(b) That he is watching her often.
(c) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
(d) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
5. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
(a) In the town square.
(b) At the Abbey.
(c) At the Meyrick house.
(d) At Grandcourt's estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
2. What kind remark does Gwendolyn make to Daniel before she leaves the Abbey?
3. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
4. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
5. What does Gwendolyn tell Herr Klesmer that she wants to do in order to earn money for her family?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)