|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Mordecai and Daniel develop after Daniel pawns his ring?
(a) None. No relationship is formed between them.
(b) One of suspicion.
(c) One of animosity.
(d) A close one.
2. What item greatly upsets Gwendolyn at her first dinner at home with her new husband?
(a) A spoon with Lydia's initials.
(b) A dirty fork.
(c) A package from Lydia.
(d) A painting of Lydia that is hanging on the dining room wall.
3. Why does Mirah run away from her father?
(a) She realizes that he is becoming an alcoholic.
(b) She learns that the police are after him.
(c) She realizes that he is planning to marry her off.
(d) She realizes that he is only after her money.
4. What does Daniel plan to do once he realizes that he has found Mirah's lost family?
(a) Blackmail them so that he can get some money out of the situation.
(b) Help them live together.
(c) Make sure that they do not find each other; it would upset everyone involved.
(d) Publish the story of his journey in the local paper.
5. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) No one knows; she just disappears from everyone's sight.
(c) To join friends in Dover.
(d) On her honeymoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Herr invite Mirah to sing?
2. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
3. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
4. Who is Rex?
5. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)