|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn tell Herr Klesmer that she wants to do in order to earn money for her family?
(a) Sell all of her jewelry.
(b) Finally talk about the money that she has been hiding away.
(c) Become a prostitute.
(d) Go onstage.
2. What does Gwendolyn confess to Daniel while they are at the Abbey?
(a) That she is bothered by the idea of Lydia.
(b) That she does not know what to do.
(c) That she is miserable.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
3. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
(a) Only a few minutes.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days, because he knows that it is improper to visit on Sundays.
(d) Quite a bit.
4. Which two characters does Daniel come to realize to be living together?
(a) Mordecai and Ezra.
(b) Ezra and Mordecai.
(c) Anna and Ezra.
(d) Anna and Gwendolyn.
5. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
(a) Because he knows that she is already betrothed to someone else.
(b) Because he is already married.
(c) Because he knows that she hates him.
(d) Because he is financially beneath her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel's mother claim to be in the letter that she writes to him?
2. How does Sir Hugo find out about Gwendolyn and Grandcourt's engagement?
3. How did Daniel's mother know Sir Hugo?
4. What will Mrs. Davilow's younger girls be doing to earn money for the family?
5. Why does Herr tell Gwendolyn that she cannot count on Catherine as a patron?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)