|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does Ezra first claim to have with Mordecai?
(a) He claims that Mordecai is a former employee.
(b) He claims that he found Mordecai homeless on the street one day, and decided to take him in.
(c) He claims not to know Mordecai at all.
(d) He claims that Mordecai is a long-lost uncle.
2. What will Mrs. Davilow's younger girls be doing to earn money for the family?
(a) Joining the nunnery.
(b) Selling baked goods.
(c) Working as house servants.
3. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
(a) Right away.
(b) Not for another week.
(c) The very next day.
(d) She never requests to see him.
4. How many of Mordecai's siblings died when they were younger?
5. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
(a) Within a few weeks.
(b) He wants to wait a year for the sake of tradition.
(c) In exactly 34 days, since 34 is his lucky number.
(d) Right away -- like that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Lush?
2. Where does Daniel first encounter Mordecai?
3. What does Gwendolyn tell her mother about her marriage to Grandcourt as time goes on?
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
5. Why is the name, "Ezra", significant in the book?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)