|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn feel about gambling?
(a) That the wins and losses are no different than every day life.
(b) That she could do it professionally if only women were allowed to gamble.
(c) That it is a great way for her to show off and gain admirers.
(d) That it is a great thrill and one she misses dearly.
2. How many of Mordecai's siblings died when they were younger?
3. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(b) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(c) Turn down the proposal.
(d) Accept the proposal.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She gets too embarassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(b) She snubs him.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
5. What is Mirah lacking when Daniel finds her?
(a) Information on her mother and brother.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grandcourt want Gwendolyn's family to live?
2. In a letter to Daniel, who does Hans report to have recently visited his family?
3. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
4. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
5. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)