|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that Mrs. Davilow tells Gwendolyn that they are not going to be traveling or moving abroad?
(a) They do not have the money.
(b) It is too dangerous to do that with the war going on.
(c) She is tired of catering to Gwendolyn's every desire.
(d) She is getting too old and feeble.
2. What does Mirah's father teach her when she is young?
3. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
(a) That she will only find happiness when she finds God.
(b) That she must learn to become a woman of society.
(c) That she will never be happy in her horrible marriage.
(d) That she must become interested in something other than herself.
4. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
5. Who is also in the room when Mordecai tells his life story to Daniel?
(b) A reporter who is chronicling their story.
(c) No one.
(d) Gwendolyn, although no one knows that she is there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Daniel's mother tell him that she believes in?
2. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
3. Why does Mirah dress in her poorest dress as she prepares to meet her brother?
4. What did Sir Hugo promise to do with Daniel when Daniel's mother gave Daniel to him?
5. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)