|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Meyrick advise Mirah to do when she thinks that she has seen her father?
(a) Not to talk to him.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Not to give him any money.
(d) Not to go anywhere with him unless she tells Mordecai in advance.
2. What religion does Daniel's mother tell him that she believes in?
3. Where do Gwendolyn and Grandcourt go once they are married?
(a) To London.
(b) To his estate at Ryelands.
(c) To Nice.
(d) To Paris.
4. What specific advice does Grandcourt give Gwendolyn while at the Abbey?
(a) That she will "fill her place properly".
(b) That the ideas in her head "must be swept away, like dust under a rug".
(c) That she must "act more like a woman".
(d) That she is "too beautiful to exist on Earth".
5. Which two characters does Daniel come to realize to be living together?
(a) Ezra and Mordecai.
(b) Anna and Gwendolyn.
(c) Mordecai and Ezra.
(d) Anna and Ezra.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
2. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
3. What is the Abbey?
4. Upon whose request does Sir Hugo keep Daniel's parentage a secret?
5. Where does Daniel's mother want to meet him?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)