|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
(b) Because he has finally won her affection.
(c) Because her mother makes her.
(d) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
2. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
(a) Within a few weeks.
(b) Right away -- like that night.
(c) In exactly 34 days, since 34 is his lucky number.
(d) He wants to wait a year for the sake of tradition.
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Herr Klesmer that she wants to do in order to earn money for her family?
(a) Finally talk about the money that she has been hiding away.
(b) Go onstage.
(c) Become a prostitute.
(d) Sell all of her jewelry.
4. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
(a) She was suffering with influenza.
(b) She was having a coughing fit.
(c) She was upset by something that she had read in her romance novel.
(d) She was just stressed out.
5. Who tells Sir Hugo about the engagement between Gwendolyn and Grandcourt?
(a) The Reverend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
2. What prevents Daniel from spending more time with Mordecai as they begin to grow closer?
3. Where is Daniel supposed to travel with Sir Hugo soon after he finds Mirah at the river?
4. In what job does Mrs. Davilow think Gwendolyn will be happiest?
5. How do Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne react to Gwendolyn when they learn of her engagement to Grandcourt?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)