|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
(a) She is acting uninterested, but really feels like an excited little girl.
(b) She wants to say yes, but cannott bring herself to make that decision.
(c) She hopes that he does not ask so that she doesn't have to refuse him.
(d) She can hardly contain herself, she is so excited.
2. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
(a) That she will only find happiness when she finds God.
(b) That she must learn to become a woman of society.
(c) That she will never be happy in her horrible marriage.
(d) That she must become interested in something other than herself.
3. Who does Gwendolyn want to connect with while at the Abbey?
(c) Sir Hugo.
4. What does Mordecai ask Daniel when they first meet one another?
(a) Whether he is Jewish.
(b) Whether he is an immigrant.
(c) Whether he is married.
(d) Whether he is very rich.
5. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
(a) Romantic type.
(b) Financial type.
(c) The type that deal with their children since he categorizes that as women's work.
(d) The type that deal with housekeeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
2. What does Gwendolyn tell her mother about her marriage to Grandcourt as time goes on?
3. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
4. Where does Grandcourt want Gwendolyn's family to live?
5. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)