|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Daniel's mother tell him that she believes in?
2. What led Daniel's mother to marry the man who is now her husband?
(a) Her fear that something was wrong with her voice.
(c) A fortuneteller's advice.
3. Why did Daniel's mother not want a child?
(a) She would have been outcast.
(b) She was impregnated by way of an affair.
(c) She felt that she was too young to become a mother.
(d) She did not want to be tied down.
4. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
5. What does Daniel give Mrs. Meyrick for Mirah?
(a) A locket.
(b) The use of his nice big house.
(c) Money for her food and lodging.
(d) A book to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
2. What does Mirah's father teach her when she is young?
3. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
4. What does Daniel plan to do once he realizes that he has found Mirah's lost family?
5. Who tells Sir Hugo about the engagement between Gwendolyn and Grandcourt?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)