|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandcourt react to how Gwendolyn is talking to Daniel at the Abbey?
(a) He is happy that she has found a friend.
(b) He is so arrogant that he does not even notice that they are conversing.
(c) He is jealous that they might be having a relationship.
(d) He scolds her and tells her that she is acting in a way that is unbecoming.
2. What did Sir Hugo promise to do with Daniel when Daniel's mother gave Daniel to him?
(a) To raise him as a Jew.
(b) To never let his father know what happened to him.
(c) To raise him like an English gentleman.
(d) To never let him see his mother in a movie.
3. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The polka.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The quadrille.
(d) The stilta.
4. What do the Cohens think about Mordecai reuniting with his sister?
(a) That it will only confuse Mordecai and his sister.
(b) That it is in the stars and meant to happen.
(c) That it is only going to lead to envy and greed; and therefore should not happen.
(d) That it should definitely happen.
5. What type of work does Hans do as an adult?
(a) He is a singer.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a baker.
(d) He is an engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Abbey?
2. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
3. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
4. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
5. According to Mrs. Davilow, what two options are available as a profession for Gwendolyn?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)