|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Meyrick report as being happier since Hans' arrival?
2. What do Catherine's parents threaten to do if she marries Herr Klesmer?
(a) Disown her.
(b) Have him killed.
(c) Have her killed.
(d) Move her away to the countryside, away from all of her friends.
3. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
(a) That they are planning to kidnap and possibly kill Lush.
(b) That they are fleeing from Grandcourt.
(c) That they are facing financial ruin.
(d) That they are very, very wealthy.
4. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
(a) She loves him madly and is obsessed with him to a point of being unhealthy.
(b) She really loves him very deeply.
(c) She loves him a little bit and is unsure.
(d) She doesn't like him, but thinks that she may grow to love him.
5. Why does Daniel pawn a ring with Ezra Cohen?
(a) In order to see whether he is an honest man.
(b) In order to take a picture of him without his knowledge.
(c) In order to borrow money from him.
(d) In order to spend more time with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
2. Upon whose request does Sir Hugo keep Daniel's parentage a secret?
3. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
4. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
5. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)