|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
(a) That she is simple, but would look better with make-up.
(b) That she looks resembles an old cousin of his.
(c) That she is unique-looking.
(d) That she is really quite ugly.
2. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
(a) Gwendolyn herself (in a letter).
(b) Lydia Glasher.
(c) Daniel Deronda.
(d) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
3. Why does Daniel find his mission of pawning a ring to Ezra unsatisfactory?
(a) Because Ezra is not in the shop on the day that Daniel stops in.
(b) Because Ezra figures out why he is really there.
(c) Because he does not learn what he wanted to learn.
(d) Because Ezra is not able to borrow the amount of money that he needs.
4. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
(a) Because he has had a dream that something bad happens, although he doesn't know what the bad occurrence is.
(b) Because he realizes that Gwendolyn is very spoiled and rude.
(c) Because he will now have to assume financial responsibility for Gwendolyn's family.
(d) Because he thinks that his life will be in danger.
5. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) That she wants to get married that very night.
(b) That he can visit her the next day.
(c) That she never wants to see him again.
(d) That he is a lying cheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gwendolyn want to connect with while at the Abbey?
2. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
3. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
4. How does Sir Hugo find out about Gwendolyn and Grandcourt's engagement?
5. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)