|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because she does not like him.
(b) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
(c) Because her ankle is sore.
(d) Because her card is already filled.
2. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
(a) He believes that she should be sent far away.
(b) He believes that the situation might be true.
(c) He believes that she is going to die soon anyway, so he should just stop worrying about her.
(d) He believes that she is a greedy blackmailer.
3. How does Daniel feel about gambling?
(a) He finds it incredibly boring.
(b) He is currently addicted to it, and is heavily in debt.
(c) He does not enjoy it because his win is someone else's loss.
(d) He used to be addicted to it, so he cannot play anymore.
4. What do the Cohens think about Mordecai reuniting with his sister?
(a) That it will only confuse Mordecai and his sister.
(b) That it is only going to lead to envy and greed; and therefore should not happen.
(c) That it is in the stars and meant to happen.
(d) That it should definitely happen.
5. What does Daniel plan to do once he realizes that he has found Mirah's lost family?
(a) Help them live together.
(b) Make sure that they do not find each other; it would upset everyone involved.
(c) Publish the story of his journey in the local paper.
(d) Blackmail them so that he can get some money out of the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
2. What prevents Daniel from spending more time with Mordecai as they begin to grow closer?
3. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
4. What specific advice does Grandcourt give Gwendolyn while at the Abbey?
5. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)