|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
(a) That she will not be able to marry well.
(b) That she will steal from them.
(c) That she is not who she says she is.
(d) That one of her sons will fall in love with her.
2. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
(a) Daniel Deronda.
(b) Lydia Glasher.
(c) Gwendolyn herself (in a letter).
(d) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
3. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
(a) Because he is very famous for his poetry.
(b) Because he is inheriting the baronetcy that could easily have been his.
(c) Because he has much greater success with women.
(d) Because he is much more handsome.
4. What prevents Daniel from spending more time with Mordecai as they begin to grow closer?
(a) Mordecai is not well enough to see him every day.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) He is very busy with his banking business.
(d) He has to run errands for Sir Hugo.
5. What socially awkward topic does Gwendolyn ask Mrs. Davilow about after she is engaged?
(a) Having an affair.
(c) Illegitimate children.
(d) Getting a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
2. How does Sir Hugo find out about Gwendolyn and Grandcourt's engagement?
3. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
4. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
5. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)