|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Daniel supposed to travel with Sir Hugo soon after he finds Mirah at the river?
2. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
(d) He is independently wealthy.
3. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
(a) Because he thinks that his life will be in danger.
(b) Because he realizes that Gwendolyn is very spoiled and rude.
(c) Because he will now have to assume financial responsibility for Gwendolyn's family.
(d) Because he has had a dream that something bad happens, although he doesn't know what the bad occurrence is.
4. Who tells Sir Hugo about the engagement between Gwendolyn and Grandcourt?
(a) The Reverend.
5. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to the gambling house.
(b) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(c) She sells it to a man on the street.
(d) She sells it to a pawn shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
2. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
3. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
4. How does Gwendolyn feel about gambling?
5. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)