|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A horse.
(d) A rabbit.
2. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
(b) Because she does not like him.
(c) Because her card is already filled.
(d) Because her ankle is sore.
3. What item(s) does Grandcourt request from Lydia once he becomes engaged to Gwendolyn?
(b) A very expensive scarf that he had given Lydia at the time that they first met.
(c) His family Bible.
(d) His family chest.
4. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
(a) Because he knows that she is already betrothed to someone else.
(b) Because he knows that she hates him.
(c) Because he is already married.
(d) Because he is financially beneath her.
5. Who tells Sir Hugo about the engagement between Gwendolyn and Grandcourt?
(a) The Reverend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
2. How does Gwendolyn feel about gambling?
3. How does Lydia react to the news that Grandcourt is engaged?
4. Where do Gwendolyn and Grandcourt go once they are married?
5. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)