|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anna?
(a) Daughter of Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne.
(b) Gwendolyn's friend who lives very far away.
(c) Reverend Gascoigne's wife.
(d) Cousin of Mrs. Gascoigne.
2. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
(a) Her musical instruments.
(b) Her paintings.
(c) Her fancy dresses.
(d) Her jewelry.
3. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
(a) The train only leaves once a month, and she has to be on it.
(b) She is on the lam, and the police are after her.
(c) She receives a letter from her mother.
(d) She is indebted to a lot of people.
4. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
(a) To be taken to a doctor.
(b) To leave the archery event early.
(c) To have a private investigator follow Glasher to see what she is really doing.
(d) To have the woman arrested.
5. What promise does Daniel make to Mirah in relation to finding her family?
(a) That he will keep her identity hidden from them if they ever come looking for her.
(b) That she does not need to look for them, because he will always take care of her.
(c) That he will always be honest.
(d) That he will help her as much as he can.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters does Daniel come to realize to be living together?
2. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
3. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
4. How does Anna appear - at least on the outside - when she sees Gwendolyn and learns of her engagement?
5. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)