|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
(c) He is independently wealthy.
(d) He is a musician.
2. Why is the name, "Ezra", significant in the book?
(a) It is the name of a boy who has a crush on Mirah.
(b) It is the name of Daniel's lost brother.
(c) It is the name of a messenger boy who works for Daniel.
(d) It is the name of Mirah's lost brother.
3. Where do Gwendolyn and Grandcourt go once they are married?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To Nice.
(c) To his estate at Ryelands.
(d) To London.
4. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
(a) He has to leave because he is so embarrassed for her.
(b) He is condescending.
(c) He proposes to her on the spot.
(d) He is amazed at her talents.
5. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(b) She snubs him.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Daniel supposed to travel with Sir Hugo soon after he finds Mirah at the river?
2. What relationship does Ezra first claim to have with Mordecai?
3. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
4. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
5. Who does Mrs. Davilow think is likely to be Daniels' father?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)