|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anna?
(a) Gwendolyn's friend who lives very far away.
(b) Reverend Gascoigne's wife.
(c) Daughter of Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne.
(d) Cousin of Mrs. Gascoigne.
2. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn upon arriving home after being married?
(a) That her "life begins anew again".
(b) That she must begin conducting herself with more dignity.
(c) That she is now "his wife in love and life".
(d) That he is "more in love than he'd thought he ever would be".
3. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
4. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
(a) That she will steal from them.
(b) That one of her sons will fall in love with her.
(c) That she will not be able to marry well.
(d) That she is not who she says she is.
5. Why does Daniel pawn a ring with Ezra Cohen?
(a) In order to see whether he is an honest man.
(b) In order to spend more time with him.
(c) In order to borrow money from him.
(d) In order to take a picture of him without his knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
2. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
3. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
4. What socially awkward topic does Gwendolyn ask Mrs. Davilow about after she is engaged?
5. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)