|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to a man on the street.
(b) She sells it to the gambling house.
(c) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(d) She sells it to a pawn shop.
2. What does Mirah's father teach her when she is young?
3. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
(a) An archery club.
(b) A chess club.
(c) A singing club.
(d) A reading club.
4. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
(a) As a kind and humble man.
(b) As an unfriendly stranger.
(c) As cruel and very loud.
(d) As a warm, old friend.
5. What does Gwendolyn tell Herr Klesmer that she wants to do in order to earn money for her family?
(a) Finally talk about the money that she has been hiding away.
(b) Go onstage.
(c) Sell all of her jewelry.
(d) Become a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
2. What item greatly upsets Gwendolyn at her first dinner at home with her new husband?
3. What does Grandcourt assure Lydia of after he tells her that he has become engaged to Gwendolyn?
4. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
5. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)