|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
(a) He wants to wait a year for the sake of tradition.
(b) Right away -- like that night.
(c) In exactly 34 days, since 34 is his lucky number.
(d) Within a few weeks.
2. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
(a) Because he has had a dream that something bad happens, although he doesn't know what the bad occurrence is.
(b) Because he realizes that Gwendolyn is very spoiled and rude.
(c) Because he thinks that his life will be in danger.
(d) Because he will now have to assume financial responsibility for Gwendolyn's family.
3. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
(a) Lydia Glasher.
(c) The Reverend.
(d) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
4. What does Gwendolyn tell Herr Klesmer that she wants to do in order to earn money for her family?
(a) Sell all of her jewelry.
(b) Become a prostitute.
(c) Finally talk about the money that she has been hiding away.
(d) Go onstage.
5. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(b) She snubs him.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
Short Answer Questions
1. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
2. Who is Catherine?
3. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
4. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn upon arriving home after being married?
5. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)