|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
(b) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
(c) She remains cool and collected.
(d) She pretends not to understand English.
3. How do Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne react to Gwendolyn when they learn of her engagement to Grandcourt?
(a) They are horribly embarrassed.
(b) They congratulate her.
(c) They are furiously angry.
(d) They are not sure what to think.
4. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
(a) The Reverend.
(c) Lydia Glasher.
(d) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
5. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
(b) That it is overly showy.
(c) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
(d) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Ezra first claim to have with Mordecai?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
3. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
4. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
5. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)