|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gwendolyn and Grandcourt go once they are married?
(a) To Nice.
(b) To his estate at Ryelands.
(c) To London.
(d) To Paris.
2. According to Mrs. Davilow, what two options are available as a profession for Gwendolyn?
(a) Being a teacher in a school or a governess to a family.
(b) Being a teacher in a university or a professor at an all-girls school.
(c) Being a nurse in a hosptial or a nun in a church.
(d) Being a painter in a museum or a singer in a choir.
3. How does Sir Hugo find out about Gwendolyn and Grandcourt's engagement?
(a) By letter.
(b) The Reverend announces it after Sunday worship service.
(c) He hears it in person.
(d) From the newspaper.
4. How does Daniel feel about gambling?
(a) He used to be addicted to it, so he cannot play anymore.
(b) He does not enjoy it because his win is someone else's loss.
(c) He is currently addicted to it, and is heavily in debt.
(d) He finds it incredibly boring.
5. What does Gwendolyn plan to do with the money that she gets from her necklace?
(a) Gamble just one more day.
(b) Buy fancy new dresses.
(c) Pay for her trip back home.
(d) Pay off her debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Catherine's parents threaten to do if she marries Herr Klesmer?
2. How does Gwendolyn's mother feel about the possibility of Gwendolyn marrying Grandcourt?
3. What does Grandcourt assure Lydia of after he tells her that he has become engaged to Gwendolyn?
4. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
5. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)