|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davilow claim to have learned about Daniels' mother?
(a) That she was murdered by someone she knew -- possibly Daniel's father.
(b) That she was "some foreigner of high rank".
(c) That she was a very famous actress.
(d) That she was destitute.
2. What does Ezra Cohen do for a living?
(a) He is a shop owner.
(b) He is a famous painter who lives like a hermit.
(c) He is the town mayor.
(d) He is the town baker.
3. What item greatly upsets Gwendolyn at her first dinner at home with her new husband?
(a) A package from Lydia.
(b) A dirty fork.
(c) A painting of Lydia that is hanging on the dining room wall.
(d) A spoon with Lydia's initials.
4. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
(a) To China.
(b) To France.
(c) To America.
(d) To Australia.
5. Why is the name, "Ezra", significant in the book?
(a) It is the name of Mirah's lost brother.
(b) It is the name of Daniel's lost brother.
(c) It is the name of a messenger boy who works for Daniel.
(d) It is the name of a boy who has a crush on Mirah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel give Mrs. Meyrick for Mirah?
2. How does Daniel feel about gambling?
3. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
4. Where do Gwendolyn and Grandcourt go once they are married?
5. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)