|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn upon arriving home after being married?
(a) That he is "more in love than he'd thought he ever would be".
(b) That her "life begins anew again".
(c) That she is now "his wife in love and life".
(d) That she must begin conducting herself with more dignity.
2. What does Gwendolyn plan to do with the money that she gets from her necklace?
(a) Gamble just one more day.
(b) Pay for her trip back home.
(c) Buy fancy new dresses.
(d) Pay off her debts.
3. What does Mrs. Davilow claim to have learned about Daniels' mother?
(a) That she was murdered by someone she knew -- possibly Daniel's father.
(b) That she was destitute.
(c) That she was a very famous actress.
(d) That she was "some foreigner of high rank".
4. How does Gwendolyn feel about gambling?
(a) That the wins and losses are no different than every day life.
(b) That she could do it professionally if only women were allowed to gamble.
(c) That it is a great way for her to show off and gain admirers.
(d) That it is a great thrill and one she misses dearly.
5. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
(a) Tells her that she looks fat in her dress.
(b) Stares at her.
(c) Makes her bow to him.
(d) Asks for her hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mordecai ask Daniel when they first meet one another?
2. What do Catherine's parents threaten to do if she marries Herr Klesmer?
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
4. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
5. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)