|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
(a) An aunt and uncle.
(c) Gwendolyn herself.
(d) The government.
2. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(b) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(c) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(d) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
3. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
4. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
(a) Lydia Glasher.
(b) Gwendolyn herself (in a letter).
(c) Daniel Deronda.
(d) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
5. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to a pawn shop.
(b) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(c) She sells it to a man on the street.
(d) She sells it to the gambling house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mordecai ask Daniel when they first meet one another?
2. How does Anna appear - at least on the outside - when she sees Gwendolyn and learns of her engagement?
3. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
4. In what job does Mrs. Davilow think Gwendolyn will be happiest?
5. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)