|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(b) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(c) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(d) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
2. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
(a) Gwendolyn herself (in a letter).
(b) Daniel Deronda.
(c) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
(d) Lydia Glasher.
3. Which two characters does Daniel come to realize to be living together?
(a) Anna and Gwendolyn.
(b) Anna and Ezra.
(c) Mordecai and Ezra.
(d) Ezra and Mordecai.
4. Why does Daniel find his mission of pawning a ring to Ezra unsatisfactory?
(a) Because Ezra is not able to borrow the amount of money that he needs.
(b) Because he does not learn what he wanted to learn.
(c) Because Ezra figures out why he is really there.
(d) Because Ezra is not in the shop on the day that Daniel stops in.
5. What item(s) does Grandcourt request from Lydia once he becomes engaged to Gwendolyn?
(b) His family chest.
(c) His family Bible.
(d) A very expensive scarf that he had given Lydia at the time that they first met.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
2. What does Ezra Cohen do for a living?
3. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
4. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
5. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)