|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
(a) That she is really quite ugly.
(b) That she looks resembles an old cousin of his.
(c) That she is simple, but would look better with make-up.
(d) That she is unique-looking.
2. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pay money to a fortune teller.
(b) Pray harder and longer at night.
(c) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
(d) Also lose spectacularly.
3. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
4. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
(a) Because he realizes that Gwendolyn is very spoiled and rude.
(b) Because he will now have to assume financial responsibility for Gwendolyn's family.
(c) Because he thinks that his life will be in danger.
(d) Because he has had a dream that something bad happens, although he doesn't know what the bad occurrence is.
5. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
(a) She faints.
(b) She tells him that she is already engaged.
(c) She asks him to stop.
(d) She is silent because she is not sure how to react.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Lush?
2. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
3. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
4. What does Gwendolyn tell Herr Klesmer that she wants to do in order to earn money for her family?
5. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)