|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
(a) No one.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Some extended family members.
2. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
(a) He wants to wait a year for the sake of tradition.
(b) Within a few weeks.
(c) Right away -- like that night.
(d) In exactly 34 days, since 34 is his lucky number.
3. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
4. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
(a) He is condescending.
(b) He proposes to her on the spot.
(c) He is amazed at her talents.
(d) He has to leave because he is so embarrassed for her.
5. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
(a) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
(b) Gwendolyn herself (in a letter).
(c) Lydia Glasher.
(d) Daniel Deronda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
3. Who is Catherine?
4. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
5. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)