|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) That it is overly showy.
(b) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
(c) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
(d) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
2. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
(a) The Leaky Cauldron.
(b) The Oxford Inn.
(c) The Hampton Inn.
(d) The Golden Keys.
3. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
(a) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
(b) Lydia Glasher.
(c) Gwendolyn herself (in a letter).
(d) Daniel Deronda.
4. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) On her honeymoon.
(c) To join friends in Dover.
(d) No one knows; she just disappears from everyone's sight.
5. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
(a) Move to Canada.
(b) Never love anyone else.
(c) Jump off a bridge.
(d) Propose again every day until she says "yes".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mirah lacking when Daniel finds her?
2. In what job does Mrs. Davilow think Gwendolyn will be happiest?
3. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
4. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
5. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)