|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(b) She sells it to the gambling house.
(c) She sells it to a man on the street.
(d) She sells it to a pawn shop.
2. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
(a) That she is unique-looking.
(b) That she looks resembles an old cousin of his.
(c) That she is really quite ugly.
(d) That she is simple, but would look better with make-up.
3. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
(a) That he is handsome.
(b) She dislikes him.
(c) That he is humble and very kind.
(d) That he is very ugly but possibly very rich.
4. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
(a) As a kind and humble man.
(b) As cruel and very loud.
(c) As a warm, old friend.
(d) As an unfriendly stranger.
5. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because her mother makes her.
(b) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
(c) Because he has finally won her affection.
(d) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn tell Herr Klesmer that she wants to do in order to earn money for her family?
2. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
3. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
4. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
5. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)