|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
(a) By messenger.
(b) In person.
(c) By letter.
(d) By sending Mr. Lush, who purposely arrives late.
2. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
(a) Because he is much more handsome.
(b) Because he is inheriting the baronetcy that could easily have been his.
(c) Because he has much greater success with women.
(d) Because he is very famous for his poetry.
3. Who is Anna?
(a) Gwendolyn's friend who lives very far away.
(b) Reverend Gascoigne's wife.
(c) Daughter of Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne.
(d) Cousin of Mrs. Gascoigne.
4. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A horse.
(d) A puppy.
5. What is Mirah lacking when Daniel finds her?
(b) Information on her mother and brother.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
3. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
4. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
5. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)