|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
(a) Because he is very famous for his poetry.
(b) Because he is much more handsome.
(c) Because he has much greater success with women.
(d) Because he is inheriting the baronetcy that could easily have been his.
2. What does Daniel give Mrs. Meyrick for Mirah?
(a) Money for her food and lodging.
(b) The use of his nice big house.
(c) A book to read.
(d) A locket.
3. How does Gwendolyn's mother feel about the possibility of Gwendolyn marrying Grandcourt?
(a) That he will make Gwendolyn as happy as any other man whom she is likely to marry.
(b) That it is a horrible mistake.
(c) That Grandcourt is making a mistake, even though it would be good for Gwendolyn.
(d) That Gwendolyn should refuse him on principle so that he asks again and offers the family more money.
4. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
(a) Her paintings.
(b) Her fancy dresses.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her musical instruments.
5. Who is Herr Klesmer?
(a) A famous professor.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) The town baker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
2. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
3. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
4. Who is Catherine?
5. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)