|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
(a) The government.
(c) An aunt and uncle.
(d) Gwendolyn herself.
2. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
(a) The Reverend.
(c) Lydia Glasher.
(d) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
3. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
(a) By messenger.
(b) By sending Mr. Lush, who purposely arrives late.
(c) In person.
(d) By letter.
4. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
(a) Only a few minutes.
(b) Two days, because he knows that it is improper to visit on Sundays.
(c) One day.
(d) Quite a bit.
5. Who is Rex?
(a) One of Gwendolyn's brothers.
(b) One of Anna's brothers.
(c) The town mayor.
(d) Gwendolyn's new music teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
2. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
3. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
4. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
5. According to Mrs. Davilow, what two options are available as a profession for Gwendolyn?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)