|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Mrs. Davilow's younger girls be doing to earn money for the family?
(a) Working as house servants.
(b) Selling baked goods.
(c) Joining the nunnery.
2. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pray harder and longer at night.
(b) Also lose spectacularly.
(c) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
(d) Pay money to a fortune teller.
3. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
(a) Because he knows that she hates him.
(b) Because he is financially beneath her.
(c) Because he is already married.
(d) Because he knows that she is already betrothed to someone else.
4. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
(a) To France.
(b) To Australia.
(c) To China.
(d) To America.
5. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
(b) That it is overly showy.
(c) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
(d) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mirah's father teach her when she is young?
2. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
3. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
4. Why does Mirah run away from her father?
5. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)