|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mirah run away from her father?
(a) She learns that the police are after him.
(b) She realizes that he is only after her money.
(c) She realizes that he is planning to marry her off.
(d) She realizes that he is becoming an alcoholic.
2. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
(a) The Golden Keys.
(b) The Oxford Inn.
(c) The Leaky Cauldron.
(d) The Hampton Inn.
3. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
(a) Her lucky charm is stolen.
(b) Her winning streak does not end.
(c) She is jarred by Daniel's presence.
(d) Someone takes her lucky dice.
4. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
(a) Because he is much more handsome.
(b) Because he is inheriting the baronetcy that could easily have been his.
(c) Because he has much greater success with women.
(d) Because he is very famous for his poetry.
5. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
(a) Discuss what they are going to do with their property.
(b) Nothing; they do not talk, and pretend as though nothin happened.
(c) Her mother faints; and her father punches a window out of anger.
(d) Call all of their friends and family because they are so happy about the engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
2. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
3. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
4. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
5. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)