|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
(b) That he is watching her often.
(c) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
(d) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
2. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A horse.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A rabbit.
3. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because her ankle is sore.
(b) Because she does not like him.
(c) Because her card is already filled.
(d) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She remains cool and collected.
(b) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
(c) She pretends not to understand English.
(d) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
5. Why does Herr tell Gwendolyn that she cannot count on Catherine as a patron?
(a) Because she is too jealous of their engagement.
(b) Because her parents have disowned her.
(c) Because Gwendolyn is now too poor for them to associate with her.
(d) Because Catherine has found out about Gwendolyn having gossiped about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
2. Who is Mr. Lush?
3. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
4. In what job does Mrs. Davilow think Gwendolyn will be happiest?
5. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)