|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) The Reverend.
(b) No one; no one is home.
(c) Gwendolyn herself; she is alone at home.
(d) Gwendolyn's mother.
2. Who is Anna?
(a) Reverend Gascoigne's wife.
(b) Daughter of Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne.
(c) Gwendolyn's friend who lives very far away.
(d) Cousin of Mrs. Gascoigne.
3. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
(b) That he is watching her often.
(c) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
(d) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
4. Why does Mirah run away from her father?
(a) She realizes that he is becoming an alcoholic.
(b) She realizes that he is only after her money.
(c) She realizes that he is planning to marry her off.
(d) She learns that the police are after him.
5. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
(a) Because he realizes that Gwendolyn is very spoiled and rude.
(b) Because he has had a dream that something bad happens, although he doesn't know what the bad occurrence is.
(c) Because he thinks that his life will be in danger.
(d) Because he will now have to assume financial responsibility for Gwendolyn's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
2. How does Gwendolyn's mother feel about the possibility of Gwendolyn marrying Grandcourt?
3. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
4. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
5. What does Mirah's father teach her when she is young?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)