|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
(a) She doesn't like him, but thinks that she may grow to love him.
(b) She really loves him very deeply.
(c) She loves him madly and is obsessed with him to a point of being unhealthy.
(d) She loves him a little bit and is unsure.
2. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
(a) Her winning streak does not end.
(b) Her lucky charm is stolen.
(c) Someone takes her lucky dice.
(d) She is jarred by Daniel's presence.
3. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
(a) That they are very, very wealthy.
(b) That they are facing financial ruin.
(c) That they are fleeing from Grandcourt.
(d) That they are planning to kidnap and possibly kill Lush.
4. What is the reason that Mrs. Davilow tells Gwendolyn that they are not going to be traveling or moving abroad?
(a) They do not have the money.
(b) She is tired of catering to Gwendolyn's every desire.
(c) It is too dangerous to do that with the war going on.
(d) She is getting too old and feeble.
5. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
(b) Because her mother makes her.
(c) Because he has finally won her affection.
(d) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Daniel supposed to travel with Sir Hugo soon after he finds Mirah at the river?
2. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
3. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
4. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
5. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)