|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn's mother feel about the possibility of Gwendolyn marrying Grandcourt?
(a) That Gwendolyn should refuse him on principle so that he asks again and offers the family more money.
(b) That he will make Gwendolyn as happy as any other man whom she is likely to marry.
(c) That it is a horrible mistake.
(d) That Grandcourt is making a mistake, even though it would be good for Gwendolyn.
2. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(b) Turn down the proposal.
(c) Accept the proposal.
(d) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
3. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
4. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
(a) Because he has much greater success with women.
(b) Because he is much more handsome.
(c) Because he is very famous for his poetry.
(d) Because he is inheriting the baronetcy that could easily have been his.
5. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(b) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(c) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(d) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
2. Who is Mr. Lush?
3. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
4. Why does Mirah run away from her father?
5. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)