|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
(a) Because he knows that she hates him.
(b) Because he knows that she is already betrothed to someone else.
(c) Because he is financially beneath her.
(d) Because he is already married.
2. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
(a) In person.
(b) By sending Mr. Lush, who purposely arrives late.
(c) By letter.
(d) By messenger.
3. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(b) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She snubs him.
4. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
(b) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
(c) Because he has finally won her affection.
(d) Because her mother makes her.
5. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Mrs. Davilow's younger girls be doing to earn money for the family?
2. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
3. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
4. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
5. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)