|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) He is independently wealthy.
2. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
(b) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
(c) That he is watching her often.
(d) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Herr Klesmer that she wants to do in order to earn money for her family?
(a) Become a prostitute.
(b) Sell all of her jewelry.
(c) Go onstage.
(d) Finally talk about the money that she has been hiding away.
4. Who is Anna?
(a) Reverend Gascoigne's wife.
(b) Gwendolyn's friend who lives very far away.
(c) Daughter of Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne.
(d) Cousin of Mrs. Gascoigne.
5. Who is Herr Klesmer?
(a) A music teacher.
(b) The town baker.
(c) The town mayor.
(d) A famous professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
2. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
3. What will Mrs. Davilow's younger girls be doing to earn money for the family?
4. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
5. What is Mirah lacking when Daniel finds her?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)