|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her paintings.
(c) Her musical instruments.
(d) Her fancy dresses.
2. How does Gwendolyn's mother feel about the possibility of Gwendolyn marrying Grandcourt?
(a) That he will make Gwendolyn as happy as any other man whom she is likely to marry.
(b) That Grandcourt is making a mistake, even though it would be good for Gwendolyn.
(c) That it is a horrible mistake.
(d) That Gwendolyn should refuse him on principle so that he asks again and offers the family more money.
3. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pray harder and longer at night.
(b) Also lose spectacularly.
(c) Pay money to a fortune teller.
(d) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
4. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
(a) Call all of their friends and family because they are so happy about the engagement.
(b) Discuss what they are going to do with their property.
(c) Nothing; they do not talk, and pretend as though nothin happened.
(d) Her mother faints; and her father punches a window out of anger.
5. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
2. Who is Mr. Lush?
3. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
4. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
5. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)