|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
(b) Because he has finally won her affection.
(c) Because her mother makes her.
(d) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
2. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
(a) An aunt and uncle.
(b) The government.
(d) Gwendolyn herself.
3. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
(a) To China.
(b) To America.
(c) To Australia.
(d) To France.
4. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
(b) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
(c) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
(d) That he is watching her often.
5. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) No one knows; she just disappears from everyone's sight.
(b) To join friends in Dover.
(c) On her honeymoon.
(d) To the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn plan to do with the money that she gets from her necklace?
2. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
3. According to Mrs. Davilow, what two options are available as a profession for Gwendolyn?
4. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
5. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)