|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herr tell Gwendolyn that she cannot count on Catherine as a patron?
(a) Because she is too jealous of their engagement.
(b) Because Catherine has found out about Gwendolyn having gossiped about her.
(c) Because her parents have disowned her.
(d) Because Gwendolyn is now too poor for them to associate with her.
2. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(b) She sells it to the gambling house.
(c) She sells it to a pawn shop.
(d) She sells it to a man on the street.
3. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(b) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She snubs him.
4. Who is Catherine?
(a) Mrs. Arrowpoint's daughter.
(b) A governness in town.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) Mr. Arrowpoint's mistress.
5. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
(a) The government.
(c) Gwendolyn herself.
(d) An aunt and uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
2. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
3. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
4. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
5. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)