|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
(a) Only a few minutes.
(b) Two days, because he knows that it is improper to visit on Sundays.
(c) Quite a bit.
(d) One day.
2. How does Gwendolyn's mother feel about the possibility of Gwendolyn marrying Grandcourt?
(a) That it is a horrible mistake.
(b) That Grandcourt is making a mistake, even though it would be good for Gwendolyn.
(c) That Gwendolyn should refuse him on principle so that he asks again and offers the family more money.
(d) That he will make Gwendolyn as happy as any other man whom she is likely to marry.
3. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
(a) Gwendolyn herself.
(b) An aunt and uncle.
(c) The government.
4. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
(a) The Golden Keys.
(b) The Hampton Inn.
(c) The Leaky Cauldron.
(d) The Oxford Inn.
5. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She gets too embarassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(b) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She snubs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
2. Who is Anna?
3. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
4. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
5. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)