|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(b) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(c) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(d) Choose Anna to be his bride.
2. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
(a) As a warm, old friend.
(b) As an unfriendly stranger.
(c) As cruel and very loud.
(d) As a kind and humble man.
3. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
(a) That she will steal from them.
(b) That she will not be able to marry well.
(c) That she is not who she says she is.
(d) That one of her sons will fall in love with her.
4. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) No one; no one is home.
(b) The Reverend.
(c) Gwendolyn herself; she is alone at home.
(d) Gwendolyn's mother.
5. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
(a) She faints.
(b) She is silent because she is not sure how to react.
(c) She tells him that she is already engaged.
(d) She asks him to stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
2. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
3. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
4. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
5. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)