|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
2. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
(a) Daniel Deronda.
(b) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
(c) Lydia Glasher.
(d) Gwendolyn herself (in a letter).
3. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
(b) She pretends not to understand English.
(c) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
(d) She remains cool and collected.
4. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
(a) As a warm, old friend.
(b) As a kind and humble man.
(c) As cruel and very loud.
(d) As an unfriendly stranger.
5. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
(a) Asks for her hand in marriage.
(b) Tells her that she looks fat in her dress.
(c) Stares at her.
(d) Makes her bow to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
2. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
3. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
4. Who is Anna?
5. Who is Herr Klesmer?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)