|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
(a) As a warm, old friend.
(b) As an unfriendly stranger.
(c) As a kind and humble man.
(d) As cruel and very loud.
2. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
(a) She is indebted to a lot of people.
(b) The train only leaves once a month, and she has to be on it.
(c) She receives a letter from her mother.
(d) She is on the lam, and the police are after her.
3. Who is Rex?
(a) The town mayor.
(b) One of Anna's brothers.
(c) Gwendolyn's new music teacher.
(d) One of Gwendolyn's brothers.
4. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) On her honeymoon.
(c) To join friends in Dover.
(d) No one knows; she just disappears from everyone's sight.
5. Who is Mr. Lush?
(a) Grandcourt's cousin.
(b) Grandcourt's father.
(c) Grandcourt's son.
(d) Grandcourt's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
2. Who is Anna?
3. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
4. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
5. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)