|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
(b) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
(c) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
(d) That he is watching her often.
2. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
3. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(b) She sells it to the gambling house.
(c) She sells it to a pawn shop.
(d) She sells it to a man on the street.
4. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
(a) To have the woman arrested.
(b) To have a private investigator follow Glasher to see what she is really doing.
(c) To be taken to a doctor.
(d) To leave the archery event early.
5. What does Gwendolyn plan to do with the money that she gets from her necklace?
(a) Pay for her trip back home.
(b) Gamble just one more day.
(c) Buy fancy new dresses.
(d) Pay off her debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
2. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
3. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
4. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
5. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)