|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The quadrille.
(d) The polka.
2. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
(a) She faints.
(b) She asks him to stop.
(c) She tells him that she is already engaged.
(d) She is silent because she is not sure how to react.
3. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(b) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(c) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(d) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
4. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
(b) That it is overly showy.
(c) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
(d) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
5. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
2. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
3. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
4. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
5. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)