|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
(a) Her lucky charm is stolen.
(b) Someone takes her lucky dice.
(c) She is jarred by Daniel's presence.
(d) Her winning streak does not end.
2. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A horse.
(d) A puppy.
3. What does Gwendolyn plan to do with the money that she gets from her necklace?
(a) Pay off her debts.
(b) Buy fancy new dresses.
(c) Gamble just one more day.
(d) Pay for her trip back home.
4. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The quadrille.
(d) The polka.
5. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
(a) Some extended family members.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
2. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
3. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
4. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
5. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)