|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
(a) That one of her sons will fall in love with her.
(b) That she will steal from them.
(c) That she is not who she says she is.
(d) That she will not be able to marry well.
2. Who is Catherine?
(a) A governness in town.
(b) Mrs. Arrowpoint's daughter.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) Mr. Arrowpoint's mistress.
3. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The quadrille.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The polka.
4. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
(b) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
(c) That it is overly showy.
(d) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
5. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(b) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(c) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(d) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
2. Who is Mr. Lush?
3. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
4. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
5. Who is Rex?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)