|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She accepts.
(b) She snubs him.
(c) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(d) She gets too embarassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
2. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
(b) She remains cool and collected.
(c) She pretends not to understand English.
(d) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
3. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
(a) No one.
(b) Some extended family members.
(c) Her boyfriend.
4. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
5. Who is Herr Klesmer?
(a) The town baker.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) A famous professor.
(d) A music teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
2. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
3. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
4. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
5. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)