|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The polka.
(c) The quadrille.
(d) The waltz.
2. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
(a) The Leaky Cauldron.
(b) The Golden Keys.
(c) The Oxford Inn.
(d) The Hampton Inn.
3. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
(b) Pay money to a fortune teller.
(c) Pray harder and longer at night.
(d) Also lose spectacularly.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She accepts.
(b) She gets too embarassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(c) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(d) She snubs him.
5. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A horse.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Catherine?
2. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
3. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
4. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
5. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)