|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
(a) In the town square.
(b) At the Green Arbor.
(c) In Oxford proper.
(d) On her own grounds; she is hosting the event.
2. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Accept the proposal.
(b) Turn down the proposal.
(c) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(d) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
3. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
(b) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
(c) She pretends not to understand English.
(d) She remains cool and collected.
4. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
(a) To have a private investigator follow Glasher to see what she is really doing.
(b) To leave the archery event early.
(c) To have the woman arrested.
(d) To be taken to a doctor.
5. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A horse.
(d) A puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
2. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
3. Who is Anna?
4. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
5. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)