|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
(a) To leave the archery event early.
(b) To have the woman arrested.
(c) To be taken to a doctor.
(d) To have a private investigator follow Glasher to see what she is really doing.
2. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) That she never wants to see him again.
(b) That she wants to get married that very night.
(c) That he can visit her the next day.
(d) That he is a lying cheat.
3. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
(a) Some extended family members.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) No one.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(b) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(c) She snubs him.
(d) She accepts.
5. Who is Herr Klesmer?
(a) The town baker.
(b) A famous professor.
(c) The town mayor.
(d) A music teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
2. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
3. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
4. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
5. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)