|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
(b) Because her ankle is sore.
(c) Because her card is already filled.
(d) Because she does not like him.
2. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(b) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(c) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(d) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
3. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
(a) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
(b) The Reverend.
(d) Lydia Glasher.
4. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
(a) She is indebted to a lot of people.
(b) The train only leaves once a month, and she has to be on it.
(c) She receives a letter from her mother.
(d) She is on the lam, and the police are after her.
5. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
2. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
3. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
4. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
5. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)