|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
(a) That she is simple, but would look better with make-up.
(b) That she is unique-looking.
(c) That she is really quite ugly.
(d) That she looks resembles an old cousin of his.
2. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
3. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
(a) A singing club.
(b) A reading club.
(c) A chess club.
(d) An archery club.
4. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) Gwendolyn herself; she is alone at home.
(b) The Reverend.
(c) No one; no one is home.
(d) Gwendolyn's mother.
5. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
(b) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
(c) That it is overly showy.
(d) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
2. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
3. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
4. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
5. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)