|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because her mother makes her.
(b) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
(c) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
(d) Because he has finally won her affection.
2. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) No one; no one is home.
(b) Gwendolyn herself; she is alone at home.
(c) The Reverend.
(d) Gwendolyn's mother.
3. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pray harder and longer at night.
(b) Also lose spectacularly.
(c) Pay money to a fortune teller.
(d) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
4. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The quadrille.
(c) The stilta.
(d) The polka.
5. Who is Herr Klesmer?
(a) The town baker.
(b) A famous professor.
(c) The town mayor.
(d) A music teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Catherine?
2. Who is Mr. Lush?
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
4. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
5. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)