|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A horse.
2. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(b) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(c) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(d) Choose Anna to be his bride.
3. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She snubs him.
(b) She accepts.
(c) She gets too embarassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(d) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
4. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
(a) At the Green Arbor.
(b) In Oxford proper.
(c) In the town square.
(d) On her own grounds; she is hosting the event.
5. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
(a) Propose again every day until she says "yes".
(b) Never love anyone else.
(c) Move to Canada.
(d) Jump off a bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
2. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
3. Who is Anna?
4. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
5. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)