|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
(a) Quite a bit.
(b) One day.
(c) Only a few minutes.
(d) Two days, because he knows that it is improper to visit on Sundays.
2. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
(b) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
(c) Because her mother makes her.
(d) Because he has finally won her affection.
3. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
(a) As a kind and humble man.
(b) As a warm, old friend.
(c) As an unfriendly stranger.
(d) As cruel and very loud.
4. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The quadrille.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The polka.
(d) The stilta.
5. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
(a) On her own grounds; she is hosting the event.
(b) In the town square.
(c) At the Green Arbor.
(d) In Oxford proper.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
2. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
3. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
4. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
5. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)