|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
2. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
(b) Because she does not like him.
(c) Because her card is already filled.
(d) Because her ankle is sore.
3. What does Gwendolyn plan to do with the money that she gets from her necklace?
(a) Pay for her trip back home.
(b) Buy fancy new dresses.
(c) Pay off her debts.
(d) Gamble just one more day.
4. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(b) She sells it to a pawn shop.
(c) She sells it to the gambling house.
(d) She sells it to a man on the street.
5. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) That he can visit her the next day.
(b) That she wants to get married that very night.
(c) That she never wants to see him again.
(d) That he is a lying cheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rex?
2. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
3. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
4. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
5. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)