|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
(a) In the town square.
(b) On her own grounds; she is hosting the event.
(c) At the Green Arbor.
(d) In Oxford proper.
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(b) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She snubs him.
3. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pay money to a fortune teller.
(b) Pray harder and longer at night.
(c) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
(d) Also lose spectacularly.
4. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
(b) No one.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Some extended family members.
5. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The polka.
(c) The stilta.
(d) The quadrille.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
2. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
3. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
4. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
5. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)