|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
(a) He is condescending.
(b) He is amazed at her talents.
(c) He proposes to her on the spot.
(d) He has to leave because he is so embarrassed for her.
2. Who is Mr. Lush?
(a) Grandcourt's cousin.
(b) Grandcourt's son.
(c) Grandcourt's assistant.
(d) Grandcourt's father.
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) That he is a lying cheat.
(b) That he can visit her the next day.
(c) That she wants to get married that very night.
(d) That she never wants to see him again.
4. Who is Anna?
(a) Cousin of Mrs. Gascoigne.
(b) Gwendolyn's friend who lives very far away.
(c) Reverend Gascoigne's wife.
(d) Daughter of Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne.
5. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
2. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
3. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
4. What does Gwendolyn plan to do with the money that she gets from her necklace?
5. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)