|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
(a) She is indebted to a lot of people.
(b) She is on the lam, and the police are after her.
(c) She receives a letter from her mother.
(d) The train only leaves once a month, and she has to be on it.
2. Who is Rex?
(a) Gwendolyn's new music teacher.
(b) One of Anna's brothers.
(c) One of Gwendolyn's brothers.
(d) The town mayor.
3. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
(a) Stares at her.
(b) Asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) Tells her that she looks fat in her dress.
(d) Makes her bow to him.
4. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he is watching her often.
(b) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
(c) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
(d) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
5. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
(a) The government.
(b) An aunt and uncle.
(c) Gwendolyn herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
2. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
4. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
5. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)