|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(b) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(c) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(d) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
2. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
(a) She receives a letter from her mother.
(b) The train only leaves once a month, and she has to be on it.
(c) She is on the lam, and the police are after her.
(d) She is indebted to a lot of people.
3. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The quadrille.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The polka.
(d) The stilta.
4. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
(a) He is condescending.
(b) He has to leave because he is so embarrassed for her.
(c) He is amazed at her talents.
(d) He proposes to her on the spot.
5. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to a man on the street.
(b) She sells it to a pawn shop.
(c) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(d) She sells it to the gambling house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
2. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
3. Who is Catherine?
4. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
5. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)