|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herr Klesmer?
(a) The town mayor.
(b) The town baker.
(c) A famous professor.
(d) A music teacher.
2. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The quadrille.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The polka.
3. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
(a) That she will not be able to marry well.
(b) That one of her sons will fall in love with her.
(c) That she is not who she says she is.
(d) That she will steal from them.
4. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(b) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(c) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(d) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
5. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
(a) A singing club.
(b) A chess club.
(c) A reading club.
(d) An archery club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
3. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
5. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)