|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
(a) Someone takes her lucky dice.
(b) She is jarred by Daniel's presence.
(c) Her lucky charm is stolen.
(d) Her winning streak does not end.
2. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(b) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(c) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(d) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
3. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) No one.
(c) Some extended family members.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She accepts.
(b) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(c) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(d) She snubs him.
5. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The polka.
(b) The quadrille.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The stilta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
2. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
3. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
4. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
5. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)