|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She accepts.
(b) She gets too embarassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(c) She snubs him.
(d) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
2. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
(a) He is amazed at her talents.
(b) He has to leave because he is so embarrassed for her.
(c) He proposes to her on the spot.
(d) He is condescending.
3. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A horse.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A puppy.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She remains cool and collected.
(b) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
(c) She pretends not to understand English.
(d) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
5. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
(a) To be taken to a doctor.
(b) To leave the archery event early.
(c) To have the woman arrested.
(d) To have a private investigator follow Glasher to see what she is really doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
2. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
3. Who is Herr Klesmer?
4. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
5. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)