|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
(a) A singing club.
(b) A chess club.
(c) An archery club.
(d) A reading club.
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She gets too embarassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(b) She accepts.
(c) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(d) She snubs him.
3. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
(a) She is on the lam, and the police are after her.
(b) She is indebted to a lot of people.
(c) She receives a letter from her mother.
(d) The train only leaves once a month, and she has to be on it.
4. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
(a) Asks for her hand in marriage.
(b) Stares at her.
(c) Tells her that she looks fat in her dress.
(d) Makes her bow to him.
5. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The quadrille.
(b) The polka.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The stilta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
2. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
3. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
4. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
5. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)