|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A horse.
(d) A kitten.
2. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
(a) As a kind and humble man.
(b) As a warm, old friend.
(c) As cruel and very loud.
(d) As an unfriendly stranger.
3. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Turn down the proposal.
(b) Accept the proposal.
(c) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(d) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
4. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
(a) He is amazed at her talents.
(b) He has to leave because he is so embarrassed for her.
(c) He proposes to her on the spot.
(d) He is condescending.
5. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
3. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
4. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
5. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)