|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Turn down the proposal.
(b) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(c) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(d) Accept the proposal.
2. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
(a) Some extended family members.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(d) No one.
3. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
4. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he is watching her often.
(b) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
(c) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
(d) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
5. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) Gwendolyn's mother.
(b) Gwendolyn herself; she is alone at home.
(c) No one; no one is home.
(d) The Reverend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
2. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
3. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
4. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
5. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)