|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(b) Turn down the proposal.
(c) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(d) Accept the proposal.
2. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because her ankle is sore.
(b) Because she does not like him.
(c) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
(d) Because her card is already filled.
3. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
(a) At the Green Arbor.
(b) On her own grounds; she is hosting the event.
(c) In the town square.
(d) In Oxford proper.
4. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The polka.
(c) The quadrille.
(d) The stilta.
5. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
(a) Propose again every day until she says "yes".
(b) Jump off a bridge.
(c) Never love anyone else.
(d) Move to Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
2. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
3. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
4. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
5. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)