|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
(a) She hopes that he does not ask so that she doesn't have to refuse him.
(b) She is acting uninterested, but really feels like an excited little girl.
(c) She can hardly contain herself, she is so excited.
(d) She wants to say yes, but cannott bring herself to make that decision.
2. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because he has finally won her affection.
(b) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
(c) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
(d) Because her mother makes her.
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) That she wants to get married that very night.
(b) That he is a lying cheat.
(c) That she never wants to see him again.
(d) That he can visit her the next day.
4. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A horse.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A kitten.
5. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The polka.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The quadrille.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
2. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
3. Who is Catherine?
4. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
5. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)