|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
(a) She can hardly contain herself, she is so excited.
(b) She hopes that he does not ask so that she doesn't have to refuse him.
(c) She wants to say yes, but cannott bring herself to make that decision.
(d) She is acting uninterested, but really feels like an excited little girl.
2. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
(a) The government.
(b) An aunt and uncle.
(c) Gwendolyn herself.
3. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
4. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
(a) Makes her bow to him.
(b) Asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) Tells her that she looks fat in her dress.
(d) Stares at her.
5. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Turn down the proposal.
(b) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(c) Accept the proposal.
(d) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
2. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
3. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
4. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
5. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)