|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
(a) Gwendolyn herself (in a letter).
(b) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
(c) Lydia Glasher.
(d) Daniel Deronda.
2. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
(b) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
(c) That it is overly showy.
(d) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
3. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because her mother makes her.
(b) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
(c) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
(d) Because he has finally won her affection.
4. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he is watching her often.
(b) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
(c) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
(d) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
5. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
(a) In Oxford proper.
(b) In the town square.
(c) On her own grounds; she is hosting the event.
(d) At the Green Arbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
2. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
3. Who is Anna?
4. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
5. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)