|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
(a) In the town square.
(b) In Oxford proper.
(c) On her own grounds; she is hosting the event.
(d) At the Green Arbor.
2. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She remains cool and collected.
(b) She pretends not to understand English.
(c) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
(d) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
3. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Accept the proposal.
(b) Turn down the proposal.
(c) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(d) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
4. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
(a) That he is very ugly but possibly very rich.
(b) That he is handsome.
(c) That he is humble and very kind.
(d) She dislikes him.
5. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
(a) She hopes that he does not ask so that she doesn't have to refuse him.
(b) She can hardly contain herself, she is so excited.
(c) She is acting uninterested, but really feels like an excited little girl.
(d) She wants to say yes, but cannott bring herself to make that decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
2. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
4. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
5. Who is Rex?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)