|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
(a) Gwendolyn herself.
(b) An aunt and uncle.
(d) The government.
2. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
(b) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
(c) That he is watching her often.
(d) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
3. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
(a) He has to leave because he is so embarrassed for her.
(b) He is amazed at her talents.
(c) He proposes to her on the spot.
(d) He is condescending.
4. How does Gwendolyn's mother feel about the possibility of Gwendolyn marrying Grandcourt?
(a) That Gwendolyn should refuse him on principle so that he asks again and offers the family more money.
(b) That he will make Gwendolyn as happy as any other man whom she is likely to marry.
(c) That Grandcourt is making a mistake, even though it would be good for Gwendolyn.
(d) That it is a horrible mistake.
5. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
(b) Because her card is already filled.
(c) Because her ankle is sore.
(d) Because she does not like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
2. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
3. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
4. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
5. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)