|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
(a) To leave the archery event early.
(b) To have the woman arrested.
(c) To be taken to a doctor.
(d) To have a private investigator follow Glasher to see what she is really doing.
2. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
(b) Because her mother makes her.
(c) Because he has finally won her affection.
(d) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
3. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(b) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(c) Accept the proposal.
(d) Turn down the proposal.
4. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
(a) That she will steal from them.
(b) That she will not be able to marry well.
(c) That one of her sons will fall in love with her.
(d) That she is not who she says she is.
5. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
2. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
3. Who is Rex?
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
5. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)