|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Meeting Streams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) No one; no one is home.
(b) The Reverend.
(c) Gwendolyn herself; she is alone at home.
(d) Gwendolyn's mother.
2. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
(a) Gwendolyn herself.
(b) An aunt and uncle.
(d) The government.
3. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
(a) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
(b) Lydia Glasher.
(d) The Reverend.
4. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A horse.
5. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
(a) Stares at her.
(b) Asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) Makes her bow to him.
(d) Tells her that she looks fat in her dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
2. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
3. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
4. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
5. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)