Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joseph Kalonymos?
(a) The messenger who informs Daniel that his mother is ready to meet with him.
(b) Daniel's new stepfather.
(c) Joseph Kalonymos is actually not a character in this novel.
(d) A friend of Daniel's grandfather.
2. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
(a) By sending Mr. Lush, who purposely arrives late.
(b) By messenger.
(c) In person.
(d) By letter.
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) That she never wants to see him again.
(b) That he can visit her the next day.
(c) That he is a lying cheat.
(d) That she wants to get married that very night.
4. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
(a) That she must become interested in something other than herself.
(b) That she must learn to become a woman of society.
(c) That she will never be happy in her horrible marriage.
(d) That she will only find happiness when she finds God.
5. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
(a) The Reverend.
(c) Lydia Glasher.
(d) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
2. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
3. What additional advice does Gwendolyn seek from Daniel during her stay at the Abbey?
4. How does Sir Hugo find out about Gwendolyn and Grandcourt's engagement?
5. How does Mordecai react to Daniel's kindness upon finding him a place to live?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)