|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
(a) Romantic type.
(b) The type that deal with housekeeping.
(c) Financial type.
(d) The type that deal with their children since he categorizes that as women's work.
2. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) He is a musician.
(b) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
(c) He is independently wealthy.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
3. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Turn down the proposal.
(b) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(c) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(d) Accept the proposal.
4. What does Daniel learn about his father?
(a) That he is very famous.
(b) That he had 15 other children, all of whom he named Daniel.
(c) That he is dead.
(d) That Sir Hugo is his father.
5. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She pretends not to understand English.
(b) She remains cool and collected.
(c) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
(d) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
2. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
3. Why does Daniel find his mission of pawning a ring to Ezra unsatisfactory?
4. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
5. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)