|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV, Gwendolyn Gets her Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daniel pawn a ring with Ezra Cohen?
(a) In order to take a picture of him without his knowledge.
(b) In order to spend more time with him.
(c) In order to see whether he is an honest man.
(d) In order to borrow money from him.
2. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
(a) To have the woman arrested.
(b) To leave the archery event early.
(c) To have a private investigator follow Glasher to see what she is really doing.
(d) To be taken to a doctor.
3. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The polka.
(c) The quadrille.
(d) The stilta.
4. What does Mordecai ask Daniel when they first meet one another?
(a) Whether he is married.
(b) Whether he is Jewish.
(c) Whether he is an immigrant.
(d) Whether he is very rich.
5. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
(b) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
(c) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
(d) That it is overly showy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anna?
2. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
3. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
4. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
5. What does Mrs. Davilow claim to have learned about Daniels' mother?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)