|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She accepts.
(b) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(c) She snubs him.
(d) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
2. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
(a) To America.
(b) To France.
(c) To Australia.
(d) To China.
3. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to a man on the street.
(b) She sells it to the gambling house.
(c) She sells it to a pawn shop.
(d) She sells it to a girl on the street.
4. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
5. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Turn down the proposal.
(b) Accept the proposal.
(c) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(d) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
2. How does Anna appear - at least on the outside - when she sees Gwendolyn and learns of her engagement?
3. What names does Mordecai tell Daniel he was called by a companion?
4. What does Ezra Cohen do for a living?
5. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)