|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
(a) Tells her that she looks fat in her dress.
(b) Makes her bow to him.
(c) Stares at her.
(d) Asks for her hand in marriage.
2. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
3. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
(a) He wants to wait a year for the sake of tradition.
(b) Within a few weeks.
(c) In exactly 34 days, since 34 is his lucky number.
(d) Right away -- like that night.
4. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Accept the proposal.
(b) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(c) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(d) Turn down the proposal.
5. Why does Daniel find his mission of pawning a ring to Ezra unsatisfactory?
(a) Because Ezra is not able to borrow the amount of money that he needs.
(b) Because Ezra figures out why he is really there.
(c) Because he does not learn what he wanted to learn.
(d) Because Ezra is not in the shop on the day that Daniel stops in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Daniel that his mother wants to meet him?
2. What does Gwendolyn plan to do with the money that she gets from her necklace?
3. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
4. What does Gwendolyn confess to Daniel while they are at the Abbey?
5. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)