|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Grandcourt make fun of to Gwendolyn?
(a) Her uncle's family.
(b) Her younger siblings.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her cousins.
2. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(b) Turn down the proposal.
(c) Accept the proposal.
(d) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
3. What names does Mordecai tell Daniel he was called by a companion?
4. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
(a) To leave the archery event early.
(b) To have a private investigator follow Glasher to see what she is really doing.
(c) To be taken to a doctor.
(d) To have the woman arrested.
5. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to the gambling house.
(b) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(c) She sells it to a man on the street.
(d) She sells it to a pawn shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
2. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
3. What relationship does Ezra first claim to have with Mordecai?
4. What led Daniel's mother to marry the man who is now her husband?
5. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)