|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Davilow, what two options are available as a profession for Gwendolyn?
(a) Being a painter in a museum or a singer in a choir.
(b) Being a teacher in a university or a professor at an all-girls school.
(c) Being a nurse in a hosptial or a nun in a church.
(d) Being a teacher in a school or a governess to a family.
2. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) He is independently wealthy.
(b) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) He is a musician.
3. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
4. Where does Daniel's mother want to meet him?
(a) In Madrid.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In Genoa.
(d) In Nice.
5. What do Catherine's parents threaten to do if she marries Herr Klesmer?
(a) Have him killed.
(b) Move her away to the countryside, away from all of her friends.
(c) Have her killed.
(d) Disown her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hans have a drawing of Rex with him when he visits Daniel?
2. What names does Mordecai tell Daniel he was called by a companion?
3. What item greatly upsets Gwendolyn at her first dinner at home with her new husband?
4. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
5. How many of Mordecai's siblings died when they were younger?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)