|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn's mother feel about the possibility of Gwendolyn marrying Grandcourt?
(a) That Grandcourt is making a mistake, even though it would be good for Gwendolyn.
(b) That he will make Gwendolyn as happy as any other man whom she is likely to marry.
(c) That it is a horrible mistake.
(d) That Gwendolyn should refuse him on principle so that he asks again and offers the family more money.
2. Who eventually tells Daniel that Gwendolyn knows about Lydia?
(a) Gwendolyn herself.
(b) Mrs. Davilow.
(d) Lydia herself.
3. Why is the name, "Ezra", significant in the book?
(a) It is the name of a messenger boy who works for Daniel.
(b) It is the name of Daniel's lost brother.
(c) It is the name of Mirah's lost brother.
(d) It is the name of a boy who has a crush on Mirah.
4. What additional advice does Gwendolyn seek from Daniel during her stay at the Abbey?
(a) What to do if she were to have an affair.
(b) What to do if she would like to get a divorce.
(c) What to do if she had wronged someone.
(d) What to do if she were pregnant, but did not want the baby.
5. What prevents Daniel from spending more time with Mordecai as they begin to grow closer?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) He has to run errands for Sir Hugo.
(c) He is very busy with his banking business.
(d) Mordecai is not well enough to see him every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel pawn a ring with Ezra Cohen?
2. Where does Herr invite Mirah to sing?
3. What names does Mordecai tell Daniel he was called by a companion?
4. What does Daniel's mother claim to be in the letter that she writes to him?
5. Where do Gwendolyn and Grandcourt go once they are married?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)