|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her musical instruments.
(c) Her paintings.
(d) Her fancy dresses.
2. Who is Rex?
(a) The town mayor.
(b) One of Anna's brothers.
(c) Gwendolyn's new music teacher.
(d) One of Gwendolyn's brothers.
3. What religion does Daniel's mother tell him that she believes in?
4. What does Daniel's mother claim to be in the letter that she writes to him?
(a) A princess.
(b) A queen.
(c) A very famous dancer.
(d) A famous soap opera actress.
5. What do Catherine's parents threaten to do if she marries Herr Klesmer?
(a) Move her away to the countryside, away from all of her friends.
(b) Disown her.
(c) Have her killed.
(d) Have him killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Daniel wait before his mother finally arrives to see him?
2. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
3. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
4. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
5. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)