|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(b) She snubs him.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
2. How is Mordecai notified that his father has taken his little sister away?
(a) By a letter from his father.
(b) In person by Mrs. Davilow.
(c) By a letter from his sister.
(d) By a letter from his mother.
3. Who does Mrs. Davilow think is likely to be Daniels' father?
(a) A famous prince.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Sir Hugo.
(d) The Reverend.
4. What does Mrs. Davilow claim to have learned about Daniels' mother?
(a) That she was a very famous actress.
(b) That she was "some foreigner of high rank".
(c) That she was destitute.
(d) That she was murdered by someone she knew -- possibly Daniel's father.
5. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What led Daniel's mother to marry the man who is now her husband?
2. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
3. Which two characters does Daniel come to realize to be living together?
4. Why does Daniel pawn a ring with Ezra Cohen?
5. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)