|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
(a) She is on the lam, and the police are after her.
(b) She receives a letter from her mother.
(c) The train only leaves once a month, and she has to be on it.
(d) She is indebted to a lot of people.
2. How does Daniel feel about gambling?
(a) He does not enjoy it because his win is someone else's loss.
(b) He is currently addicted to it, and is heavily in debt.
(c) He used to be addicted to it, so he cannot play anymore.
(d) He finds it incredibly boring.
3. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) No one; no one is home.
(b) Gwendolyn's mother.
(c) Gwendolyn herself; she is alone at home.
(d) The Reverend.
4. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
(b) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
(c) That it is overly showy.
(d) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
5. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(b) She snubs him.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
2. Who tells Mordecai that his younger sister has been found?
3. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
4. Not counting Daniel, how many children does Daniel's mother now have?
5. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)