|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sir Hugo promise to do with Daniel when Daniel's mother gave Daniel to him?
(a) To never let him see his mother in a movie.
(b) To raise him as a Jew.
(c) To never let his father know what happened to him.
(d) To raise him like an English gentleman.
2. Why does Herr tell Gwendolyn that she cannot count on Catherine as a patron?
(a) Because Catherine has found out about Gwendolyn having gossiped about her.
(b) Because Gwendolyn is now too poor for them to associate with her.
(c) Because she is too jealous of their engagement.
(d) Because her parents have disowned her.
3. What does Mrs. Davilow claim to have learned about Daniels' mother?
(a) That she was murdered by someone she knew -- possibly Daniel's father.
(b) That she was a very famous actress.
(c) That she was "some foreigner of high rank".
(d) That she was destitute.
4. What does Mrs. Meyrick advise Mirah to do when she thinks that she has seen her father?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Not to talk to him.
(c) Not to go anywhere with him unless she tells Mordecai in advance.
(d) Not to give him any money.
5. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Accept the proposal.
(b) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(c) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(d) Turn down the proposal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
2. Who eventually tells Daniel that Gwendolyn knows about Lydia?
3. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
4. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
5. How does Gwendolyn explain her reaction to receiving the package from Lydia?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)