|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
(a) He believes that the situation might be true.
(b) He believes that she should be sent far away.
(c) He believes that she is going to die soon anyway, so he should just stop worrying about her.
(d) He believes that she is a greedy blackmailer.
2. Whom does Grandcourt make fun of to Gwendolyn?
(a) Her uncle's family.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her younger siblings.
3. Where does Daniel's mother want to meet him?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In Madrid.
(c) In Genoa.
(d) In Nice.
4. What led Daniel's mother to marry the man who is now her husband?
(a) Her fear that something was wrong with her voice.
(b) A fortuneteller's advice.
5. What additional advice does Gwendolyn seek from Daniel during her stay at the Abbey?
(a) What to do if she would like to get a divorce.
(b) What to do if she were to have an affair.
(c) What to do if she were pregnant, but did not want the baby.
(d) What to do if she had wronged someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
2. In what job does Mrs. Davilow think Gwendolyn will be happiest?
3. Upon whose request does Sir Hugo keep Daniel's parentage a secret?
4. What type of work does Hans do as an adult?
5. What does Daniel's mother claim to be in the letter that she writes to him?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)