|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The quadrille.
(b) The polka.
(c) The stilta.
(d) The waltz.
2. What will Mrs. Davilow's younger girls be doing to earn money for the family?
(a) Working as house servants.
(b) Joining the nunnery.
(d) Selling baked goods.
3. Who does Mrs. Davilow think is likely to be Daniels' father?
(a) The Reverend.
(b) A famous prince.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Sir Hugo.
4. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
(a) Quite a bit.
(b) One day.
(c) Only a few minutes.
(d) Two days, because he knows that it is improper to visit on Sundays.
5. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
(a) Her mother faints; and her father punches a window out of anger.
(b) Call all of their friends and family because they are so happy about the engagement.
(c) Discuss what they are going to do with their property.
(d) Nothing; they do not talk, and pretend as though nothin happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mordecai ask Daniel when they first meet one another?
2. Where does Daniel's mother want to meet him?
3. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
4. Who is Herr Klesmer?
5. What item greatly upsets Gwendolyn at her first dinner at home with her new husband?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)