|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
(a) From gossip that he overhears on the street.
(b) From reading about her in the paper.
(c) Directy from Grandcourt.
(d) From another guest at his uncle's home.
2. What item greatly upsets Gwendolyn at her first dinner at home with her new husband?
(a) A painting of Lydia that is hanging on the dining room wall.
(b) A dirty fork.
(c) A package from Lydia.
(d) A spoon with Lydia's initials.
3. What led Daniel's mother to marry the man who is now her husband?
(c) Her fear that something was wrong with her voice.
(d) A fortuneteller's advice.
4. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
(a) That he is humble and very kind.
(b) That he is very ugly but possibly very rich.
(c) That he is handsome.
(d) She dislikes him.
5. How does Daniel tell Mordecai and Mirah that he is going to see his mother?
(a) In person, over dinner.
(b) He does not tell them.
(c) In a letter.
(d) In a long conversation in their living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
2. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
3. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
4. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
5. Who eventually tells Daniel that Gwendolyn knows about Lydia?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)