|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
(a) Only a few minutes.
(b) Two days, because he knows that it is improper to visit on Sundays.
(c) Quite a bit.
(d) One day.
2. What does Mrs. Meyrick advise Mirah to do when she thinks that she has seen her father?
(a) Not to go anywhere with him unless she tells Mordecai in advance.
(b) Not to talk to him.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Not to give him any money.
3. What relationship does Ezra first claim to have with Mordecai?
(a) He claims not to know Mordecai at all.
(b) He claims that Mordecai is a long-lost uncle.
(c) He claims that he found Mordecai homeless on the street one day, and decided to take him in.
(d) He claims that Mordecai is a former employee.
4. What does Mirah's father teach her when she is young?
5. How is Mordecai notified that his father has taken his little sister away?
(a) In person by Mrs. Davilow.
(b) By a letter from his sister.
(c) By a letter from his mother.
(d) By a letter from his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Catherine?
2. What does Mrs. Davilow claim to have learned about Daniels' mother?
3. Who tells the Cohen family that Mordecai's missing family has been found?
4. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
5. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)