|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Meyrick advise Mirah to do when she thinks that she has seen her father?
(a) Not to go anywhere with him unless she tells Mordecai in advance.
(b) Not to give him any money.
(c) Not to talk to him.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
2. What does Mirah realize about Mordecai when she first sees him?
(a) That he is ill.
(b) That he in fact is not her brother.
(c) That he is not a man to be trusted.
(d) That he is a man who once robbed her on the subway.
3. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
(a) Not for another week.
(b) The very next day.
(c) She never requests to see him.
(d) Right away.
4. Who is Jacob?
(a) The youngster who lives with Mordecai.
(b) Lydia's illegitimate son.
(c) Daniel's long-lost cousin.
(d) Daniel's younger brother.
5. How does Grandcourt react to how Gwendolyn is talking to Daniel at the Abbey?
(a) He scolds her and tells her that she is acting in a way that is unbecoming.
(b) He is happy that she has found a friend.
(c) He is so arrogant that he does not even notice that they are conversing.
(d) He is jealous that they might be having a relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
2. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
3. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
4. Who is Catherine?
5. Who is Joseph Kalonymos?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)