|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel learn about Lydia?
(a) Directy from Grandcourt.
(b) From another guest at his uncle's home.
(c) From gossip that he overhears on the street.
(d) From reading about her in the paper.
2. How does Daniel feel about gambling?
(a) He finds it incredibly boring.
(b) He used to be addicted to it, so he cannot play anymore.
(c) He does not enjoy it because his win is someone else's loss.
(d) He is currently addicted to it, and is heavily in debt.
3. What does Gwendolyn tell Herr Klesmer that she wants to do in order to earn money for her family?
(a) Become a prostitute.
(b) Sell all of her jewelry.
(c) Go onstage.
(d) Finally talk about the money that she has been hiding away.
4. Who does Mrs. Davilow think is likely to be Daniels' father?
(a) Sir Hugo.
(b) A famous prince.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The Reverend.
5. Whom does Grandcourt make fun of to Gwendolyn?
(a) Her uncle's family.
(b) Her younger siblings.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davilow claim to have learned about Daniels' mother?
2. How does Gwendolyn first feel about the idea of a proposal that is expected to come from Grandcourt?
3. Upon whose request does Sir Hugo keep Daniel's parentage a secret?
4. How does Lydia react to the news that Grandcourt is engaged?
5. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)