|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Daniel's mother tell him that she believes in?
2. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he is watching her often.
(b) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
(c) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
(d) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
3. What does Mordecai ask Daniel when they first meet one another?
(a) Whether he is an immigrant.
(b) Whether he is Jewish.
(c) Whether he is married.
(d) Whether he is very rich.
4. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The quadrille.
(d) The polka.
5. What additional advice does Gwendolyn seek from Daniel during her stay at the Abbey?
(a) What to do if she would like to get a divorce.
(b) What to do if she were pregnant, but did not want the baby.
(c) What to do if she had wronged someone.
(d) What to do if she were to have an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
2. When Daniel's mother does arrive, when does she request to see him?
3. How do Mordecai and Mirah react when they first see each other?
4. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
5. How do Reverend and Mrs. Gascoigne react to Gwendolyn when they learn of her engagement to Grandcourt?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)