|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII, The Mother and the Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pay money to a fortune teller.
(b) Pray harder and longer at night.
(c) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
(d) Also lose spectacularly.
2. Why did Daniel's mother not want a child?
(a) She would have been outcast.
(b) She was impregnated by way of an affair.
(c) She did not want to be tied down.
(d) She felt that she was too young to become a mother.
3. What does Mirah's father teach her when she is young?
4. Who tells the Cohen family that Mordecai's missing family has been found?
(a) Neither of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Both of the answer choices are correct.
5. What religion does Daniel's mother tell him that she believes in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Daniel's mother do for a living when he was born?
2. How does Anna appear - at least on the outside - when she sees Gwendolyn and learns of her engagement?
3. Why does Herr tell Gwendolyn that she cannot count on Catherine as a patron?
4. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
5. Who tells Mordecai that his younger sister has been found?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)