|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
(a) Her musical instruments.
(b) Her fancy dresses.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her paintings.
2. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to a man on the street.
(b) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(c) She sells it to a pawn shop.
(d) She sells it to the gambling house.
3. Who is Rex?
(a) One of Gwendolyn's brothers.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) Gwendolyn's new music teacher.
(d) One of Anna's brothers.
4. Who is Mr. Lush?
(a) Grandcourt's assistant.
(b) Grandcourt's cousin.
(c) Grandcourt's son.
(d) Grandcourt's father.
5. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
(a) Because he has much greater success with women.
(b) Because he is very famous for his poetry.
(c) Because he is much more handsome.
(d) Because he is inheriting the baronetcy that could easily have been his.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Catherine?
2. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
3. Who is Herr Klesmer?
4. Where is Daniel supposed to travel with Sir Hugo soon after he finds Mirah at the river?
5. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)