|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herr tell Gwendolyn that she cannot count on Catherine as a patron?
(a) Because Catherine has found out about Gwendolyn having gossiped about her.
(b) Because Gwendolyn is now too poor for them to associate with her.
(c) Because she is too jealous of their engagement.
(d) Because her parents have disowned her.
2. What does Mirah's father teach her when she is young?
3. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The quadrille.
(d) The polka.
4. Who is Catherine?
(a) A music teacher.
(b) Mrs. Arrowpoint's daughter.
(c) Mr. Arrowpoint's mistress.
(d) A governness in town.
5. What does Gwendolyn tell Herr Klesmer that she wants to do in order to earn money for her family?
(a) Finally talk about the money that she has been hiding away.
(b) Go onstage.
(c) Sell all of her jewelry.
(d) Become a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
2. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
3. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
4. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
5. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)