|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The quadrille.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The polka.
2. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
(a) That she is really quite ugly.
(b) That she looks resembles an old cousin of his.
(c) That she is unique-looking.
(d) That she is simple, but would look better with make-up.
3. How does Gwendolyn's mother feel about the possibility of Gwendolyn marrying Grandcourt?
(a) That he will make Gwendolyn as happy as any other man whom she is likely to marry.
(b) That Grandcourt is making a mistake, even though it would be good for Gwendolyn.
(c) That Gwendolyn should refuse him on principle so that he asks again and offers the family more money.
(d) That it is a horrible mistake.
4. What does Gwendolyn plan to do with the money that she gets from her necklace?
(a) Gamble just one more day.
(b) Pay for her trip back home.
(c) Buy fancy new dresses.
(d) Pay off her debts.
5. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
(a) That he is handsome.
(b) That he is very ugly but possibly very rich.
(c) She dislikes him.
(d) That he is humble and very kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
2. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
3. According to Mrs. Davilow, what two options are available as a profession for Gwendolyn?
4. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
5. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)