|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
(a) Because he realizes that Gwendolyn is very spoiled and rude.
(b) Because he has had a dream that something bad happens, although he doesn't know what the bad occurrence is.
(c) Because he will now have to assume financial responsibility for Gwendolyn's family.
(d) Because he thinks that his life will be in danger.
2. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She pretends not to understand English.
(b) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
(c) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
(d) She remains cool and collected.
3. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
4. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
(a) That she is unique-looking.
(b) That she is really quite ugly.
(c) That she looks resembles an old cousin of his.
(d) That she is simple, but would look better with make-up.
5. Who is Herr Klesmer?
(a) A famous professor.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) The town baker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
2. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
3. Who is Catherine?
4. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
5. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)