|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The quadrille.
(b) The polka.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The stilta.
2. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
3. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
(a) By messenger.
(b) In person.
(c) By letter.
(d) By sending Mr. Lush, who purposely arrives late.
4. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(b) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(c) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(d) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
5. Why does Mirah run away from her father?
(a) She learns that the police are after him.
(b) She realizes that he is becoming an alcoholic.
(c) She realizes that he is only after her money.
(d) She realizes that he is planning to marry her off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Mrs. Davilow's younger girls be doing to earn money for the family?
2. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
3. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
4. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
5. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)