|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
2. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
(a) In exactly 34 days, since 34 is his lucky number.
(b) Within a few weeks.
(c) He wants to wait a year for the sake of tradition.
(d) Right away -- like that night.
3. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
4. With whom has Gwendolyn come to the city to gamble?
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Some extended family members.
(d) No one.
5. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because she does not like him.
(b) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
(c) Because her card is already filled.
(d) Because her ankle is sore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
2. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
3. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
4. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
5. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)