|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
2. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
(a) He has to leave because he is so embarrassed for her.
(b) He proposes to her on the spot.
(c) He is condescending.
(d) He is amazed at her talents.
3. Who is Mr. Lush?
(a) Grandcourt's assistant.
(b) Grandcourt's father.
(c) Grandcourt's cousin.
(d) Grandcourt's son.
4. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The quadrille.
(b) The stilta.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The polka.
5. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
(a) Her paintings.
(b) Her musical instruments.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her fancy dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
3. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
4. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
5. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)