|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because her card is already filled.
(b) Because her ankle is sore.
(c) Because she does not like him.
(d) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
2. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
(a) She faints.
(b) She asks him to stop.
(c) She tells him that she is already engaged.
(d) She is silent because she is not sure how to react.
3. Why does Herr tell Gwendolyn that she cannot count on Catherine as a patron?
(a) Because her parents have disowned her.
(b) Because Gwendolyn is now too poor for them to associate with her.
(c) Because Catherine has found out about Gwendolyn having gossiped about her.
(d) Because she is too jealous of their engagement.
4. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(b) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(c) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(d) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
5. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
(a) She doesn't like him, but thinks that she may grow to love him.
(b) She loves him madly and is obsessed with him to a point of being unhealthy.
(c) She really loves him very deeply.
(d) She loves him a little bit and is unsure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason that Mrs. Davilow tells Gwendolyn that they are not going to be traveling or moving abroad?
2. What do Catherine's parents threaten to do if she marries Herr Klesmer?
3. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
4. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
5. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)