|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
2. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
3. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
(a) Because he will now have to assume financial responsibility for Gwendolyn's family.
(b) Because he has had a dream that something bad happens, although he doesn't know what the bad occurrence is.
(c) Because he realizes that Gwendolyn is very spoiled and rude.
(d) Because he thinks that his life will be in danger.
4. What does Mirah's father teach her when she is young?
5. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
(a) As an unfriendly stranger.
(b) As a warm, old friend.
(c) As a kind and humble man.
(d) As cruel and very loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
2. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
3. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
4. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
5. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)