|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days, because he knows that it is improper to visit on Sundays.
(c) Only a few minutes.
(d) Quite a bit.
2. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
(a) She sells it to a pawn shop.
(b) She sells it to the gambling house.
(c) She sells it to a girl on the street.
(d) She sells it to a man on the street.
3. What is the reason that Mrs. Davilow tells Gwendolyn that they are not going to be traveling or moving abroad?
(a) She is getting too old and feeble.
(b) She is tired of catering to Gwendolyn's every desire.
(c) They do not have the money.
(d) It is too dangerous to do that with the war going on.
4. What does Mrs. Davilow hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
(b) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(c) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(d) Choose Anna to be his bride.
5. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
(a) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
(b) Lydia Glasher.
(d) The Reverend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn react to the confession by Rex that he loves her?
2. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
3. Who is Herr Klesmer?
4. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
5. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)