|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herr Klesmer?
(a) A famous professor.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) The town baker.
2. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
3. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She remains cool and collected.
(b) She pretends not to understand English.
(c) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
(d) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She snubs him.
(b) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(c) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(d) She accepts.
5. Who is Rex?
(a) The town mayor.
(b) One of Anna's brothers.
(c) Gwendolyn's new music teacher.
(d) One of Gwendolyn's brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
2. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
3. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
4. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
5. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)