|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
(b) Because he has finally won her affection.
(c) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
(d) Because her mother makes her.
2. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
(a) That she will not be able to marry well.
(b) That she will steal from them.
(c) That one of her sons will fall in love with her.
(d) That she is not who she says she is.
3. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The polka.
(b) The quadrille.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The stilta.
4. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The polka.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The stilta.
(d) The quadrille.
5. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
2. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
3. What hotel does Mr. Lush settle his "mystery guest" in as Grandcourt is preparing to propose to Gwendolyn?
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
5. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)