|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) That it is overly showy.
(b) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
(c) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
(d) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
2. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
(a) That she is unique-looking.
(b) That she is simple, but would look better with make-up.
(c) That she is really quite ugly.
(d) That she looks resembles an old cousin of his.
3. Who is Catherine?
(a) Mr. Arrowpoint's mistress.
(b) Mrs. Arrowpoint's daughter.
(c) A governness in town.
(d) A music teacher.
4. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) He is independently wealthy.
(b) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) He is a musician.
5. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(b) She gets too embarassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She snubs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
2. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
3. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
4. How many younger sisters does Gwendolyn have?
5. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)