|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The polka.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The quadrille.
2. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
(a) Lydia Glasher.
(b) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
(c) The Reverend.
3. How quickly does Grandcourt want to get married to Gwendolyn once she accepts his proposal?
(a) He wants to wait a year for the sake of tradition.
(b) Within a few weeks.
(c) In exactly 34 days, since 34 is his lucky number.
(d) Right away -- like that night.
4. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pray harder and longer at night.
(b) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
(c) Pay money to a fortune teller.
(d) Also lose spectacularly.
5. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Daniel supposed to travel with Sir Hugo soon after he finds Mirah at the river?
2. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
3. How does Gwendolyn sell her necklace the morning that she leaves the gambling town?
4. Who is Rex?
5. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)