|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mirah when she decides to run away from her father?
2. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
(a) Because he knows that she is already betrothed to someone else.
(b) Because he is financially beneath her.
(c) Because he knows that she hates him.
(d) Because he is already married.
3. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
(a) By sending Mr. Lush, who purposely arrives late.
(b) In person.
(c) By messenger.
(d) By letter.
4. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because her ankle is sore.
(b) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
(c) Because her card is already filled.
(d) Because she does not like him.
5. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he is watching her often.
(b) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
(c) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
(d) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
2. What does Mirah's father teach her when she is young?
3. What do Catherine's parents threaten to do if she marries Herr Klesmer?
4. How does Catherine feel about Herr Klesmer?
5. What does Daniel give Mrs. Meyrick for Mirah?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)