|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Maidens Choosing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
(a) Because he realizes that Gwendolyn is very spoiled and rude.
(b) Because he will now have to assume financial responsibility for Gwendolyn's family.
(c) Because he has had a dream that something bad happens, although he doesn't know what the bad occurrence is.
(d) Because he thinks that his life will be in danger.
2. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because her ankle is sore.
(b) Because her card is already filled.
(c) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
(d) Because she does not like him.
3. What club does Gwendolyn join with Reverend Gascoigne?
(a) A reading club.
(b) An archery club.
(c) A chess club.
(d) A singing club.
4. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
(a) Lydia Glasher.
(b) Gwendolyn herself (in a letter).
(c) Sir Hugo Mallinger.
(d) Daniel Deronda.
5. Who is Rex?
(a) The town mayor.
(b) One of Gwendolyn's brothers.
(c) One of Anna's brothers.
(d) Gwendolyn's new music teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
2. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
3. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
5. What is the reason that Mrs. Davilow tells Gwendolyn that they are not going to be traveling or moving abroad?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)