|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
(b) Because she does not like him.
(c) Because her ankle is sore.
(d) Because her card is already filled.
2. What information does Lush discover about Gwendolyn's family while Grandcourt remains in Paris?
(a) That they are planning to kidnap and possibly kill Lush.
(b) That they are fleeing from Grandcourt.
(c) That they are very, very wealthy.
(d) That they are facing financial ruin.
3. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn upon arriving home after being married?
(a) That she must begin conducting herself with more dignity.
(b) That her "life begins anew again".
(c) That he is "more in love than he'd thought he ever would be".
(d) That she is now "his wife in love and life".
4. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
(a) As a kind and humble man.
(b) As cruel and very loud.
(c) As a warm, old friend.
(d) As an unfriendly stranger.
5. What is the dance that Gwendolyn states that she will not dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
(a) The stilta.
(b) The quadrille.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The polka.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what job does Mrs. Davilow think Gwendolyn will be happiest?
2. How does Lydia react to the news that Grandcourt is engaged?
3. Where do Gwendolyn and Grandcourt go once they are married?
4. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
5. What promise does Daniel make to Mirah in relation to finding her family?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)