|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daniel pawn a ring with Ezra Cohen?
(a) In order to take a picture of him without his knowledge.
(b) In order to borrow money from him.
(c) In order to see whether he is an honest man.
(d) In order to spend more time with him.
2. How does Lydia react to the news that Grandcourt is engaged?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She becomes depressed instantly.
3. Who is Jacob?
(a) Daniel's younger brother.
(b) Lydia's illegitimate son.
(c) The youngster who lives with Mordecai.
(d) Daniel's long-lost cousin.
4. What additional advice does Gwendolyn seek from Daniel during her stay at the Abbey?
(a) What to do if she were to have an affair.
(b) What to do if she would like to get a divorce.
(c) What to do if she were pregnant, but did not want the baby.
(d) What to do if she had wronged someone.
5. What animal does Gwendolyn want that Reverend Gascoigne cannot buy for his own daughter?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A horse.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Mordecai and Daniel develop after Daniel pawns his ring?
2. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
3. What does Daniel do upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time that bothers her so much?
4. Where does Daniel first encounter Mordecai?
5. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)