|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel come to think about Lydia?
(a) He believes that she is going to die soon anyway, so he should just stop worrying about her.
(b) He believes that she should be sent far away.
(c) He believes that the situation might be true.
(d) He believes that she is a greedy blackmailer.
2. Who does Mrs. Davilow think is likely to be Daniels' father?
(a) The Reverend.
(b) A famous prince.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Sir Hugo.
3. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
(a) Pretend to faint so that she can leave without paying.
(b) Pay money to a fortune teller.
(c) Pray harder and longer at night.
(d) Also lose spectacularly.
4. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
(a) He has to leave because he is so embarrassed for her.
(b) He is amazed at her talents.
(c) He proposes to her on the spot.
(d) He is condescending.
5. Even though they have arrived to his uncle's house earlier in the day, when does Daniel finally see Grandcourt and Gwendolyn?
(a) At a midnight fox hunt.
(b) At dinner.
(c) At a star-gazing session at midnight.
(d) At a smoking session after dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
2. Who is Jacob?
3. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
4. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
5. Where is the archery club having an outing when Gwendolyn is called away to meet someone?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)