|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
(a) Discuss what they are going to do with their property.
(b) Nothing; they do not talk, and pretend as though nothin happened.
(c) Her mother faints; and her father punches a window out of anger.
(d) Call all of their friends and family because they are so happy about the engagement.
2. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn upon arriving home after being married?
(a) That her "life begins anew again".
(b) That she is now "his wife in love and life".
(c) That he is "more in love than he'd thought he ever would be".
(d) That she must begin conducting herself with more dignity.
3. Who eventually tells Daniel that Gwendolyn knows about Lydia?
(a) Mrs. Davilow.
(b) Gwendolyn herself.
(d) Lydia herself.
4. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
(a) Because he is financially beneath her.
(b) Because he is already married.
(c) Because he knows that she is already betrothed to someone else.
(d) Because he knows that she hates him.
5. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
(a) Accept the proposal.
(b) Tell him that she needs time to think about it so she that doesn't seem too eager.
(c) Tell him that he must ask for Rev. Gascoigne's permission first.
(d) Turn down the proposal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
2. In what job does Mrs. Davilow think Gwendolyn will be happiest?
3. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
4. What kind remark does Gwendolyn make to Daniel before she leaves the Abbey?
5. From whom does Grandcourt learn where Gwendolyn has actually traveled?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)