|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
(a) Quite a bit.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days, because he knows that it is improper to visit on Sundays.
(d) Only a few minutes.
2. Who is Rex?
(a) One of Anna's brothers.
(b) Gwendolyn's new music teacher.
(c) The town mayor.
(d) One of Gwendolyn's brothers.
3. According to Mrs. Davilow, what two options are available as a profession for Gwendolyn?
(a) Being a teacher in a school or a governess to a family.
(b) Being a painter in a museum or a singer in a choir.
(c) Being a teacher in a university or a professor at an all-girls school.
(d) Being a nurse in a hosptial or a nun in a church.
4. What relationship does Ezra first claim to have with Mordecai?
(a) He claims not to know Mordecai at all.
(b) He claims that Mordecai is a former employee.
(c) He claims that he found Mordecai homeless on the street one day, and decided to take him in.
(d) He claims that Mordecai is a long-lost uncle.
5. Why is Herr Klesmer hesitant to confess his love for Catherine?
(a) Because he is financially beneath her.
(b) Because he is already married.
(c) Because he knows that she hates him.
(d) Because he knows that she is already betrothed to someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What additional advice does Gwendolyn seek from Daniel during her stay at the Abbey?
2. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
3. What does Grandcourt assure Lydia of after he tells her that he has become engaged to Gwendolyn?
4. What does Mrs. Davilow claim to have learned about Daniels' mother?
5. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)