|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn feel about gambling?
(a) That she could do it professionally if only women were allowed to gamble.
(b) That it is a great thrill and one she misses dearly.
(c) That it is a great way for her to show off and gain admirers.
(d) That the wins and losses are no different than every day life.
2. Where does Daniel first encounter Mordecai?
(a) At a bookstore.
(b) Randomly on the street.
(c) At the butcher shop.
(d) At the farmers' market.
3. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
(a) That she will not be able to marry well.
(b) That she will steal from them.
(c) That she is not who she says she is.
(d) That one of her sons will fall in love with her.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She accepts.
(b) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(c) She gets too embarassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(d) She snubs him.
5. Who eventually tells Daniel that Gwendolyn knows about Lydia?
(b) Mrs. Davilow.
(c) Lydia herself.
(d) Gwendolyn herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anna?
2. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
3. Why is the name, "Ezra", significant in the book?
4. Who is Herr Klesmer?
5. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)