|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Grandcourt when he goes calling to Gwendolyn's house the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) Gwendolyn herself; she is alone at home.
(b) Gwendolyn's mother.
(c) No one; no one is home.
(d) The Reverend.
2. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
(a) Her fancy dresses.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her musical instruments.
(d) Her paintings.
3. What is the reason that Mrs. Davilow tells Gwendolyn that they are not going to be traveling or moving abroad?
(a) They do not have the money.
(b) She is getting too old and feeble.
(c) It is too dangerous to do that with the war going on.
(d) She is tired of catering to Gwendolyn's every desire.
4. What will Mrs. Davilow's younger girls be doing to earn money for the family?
(a) Working as house servants.
(b) Joining the nunnery.
(c) Selling baked goods.
5. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
(a) That she will only find happiness when she finds God.
(b) That she must learn to become a woman of society.
(c) That she must become interested in something other than herself.
(d) That she will never be happy in her horrible marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item(s) does Grandcourt request from Lydia once he becomes engaged to Gwendolyn?
2. How does Lydia react to the news that Grandcourt is engaged?
3. Why does Hans have a drawing of Rex with him when he visits Daniel?
4. Where does Mirah's father take her on a trip at the time that she is at a very young age?
5. What does Daniel notice about Mordecai upon returning to visit him after pawning his ring?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)