|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Arrowpoints hope that Grandcourt will do when he arrives in town?
(a) Choose Gwendolyn to be his bride.
(b) Choose Anna to be his bride.
(c) Choose Lucinda to be his bride.
(d) Choose Catherine to be his bride.
2. What does Gwendolyn notice about Grandcourt during the ball?
(a) That he is paying attention to every other girl at the ball but her.
(b) That he is watching her often.
(c) That he keeps tripping whenever she gets close.
(d) That he keeps leaving the room and returning.
3. What causes Gwendolyn's winning gambling streak to end when the novel first opens?
(a) She is jarred by Daniel's presence.
(b) Her winning streak does not end.
(c) Someone takes her lucky dice.
(d) Her lucky charm is stolen.
4. Why does Gwendolyn say that she cannot dance with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because she does not like him.
(b) Because her ankle is sore.
(c) Because her card is already filled.
(d) Because she is too embarassed to be seen dancing with him.
5. How does Anna appear - at least on the outside - when she sees Gwendolyn and learns of her engagement?
(a) She is standoffish.
(b) Her eyes well up with tears, but she does not say anything.
(c) She is polite and congratulatory.
(d) She is angry, even though she is secretly excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hans confess to have fallen in love with to Daniel?
2. Who does Mrs. Meyrick report as being happier since Hans' arrival?
3. What does Gwendolyn request after speaking to Lydia Glasher for the first time?
4. Why does Hans have a drawing of Rex with him when he visits Daniel?
5. Where does Herr Klesmer first hear Mirah sing?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)