|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel think upon seeing Gwendolyn for the first time?
(a) That she is simple, but would look better with make-up.
(b) That she is unique-looking.
(c) That she looks resembles an old cousin of his.
(d) That she is really quite ugly.
2. What does Ezra Cohen do for a living?
(a) He is a famous painter who lives like a hermit.
(b) He is the town baker.
(c) He is a shop owner.
(d) He is the town mayor.
3. Why does Gwendolyn end up dancing with Grandcourt at the ball?
(a) Because the person she was supposed to dance with disappears.
(b) Because he has finally won her affection.
(c) Because he offers to wrap up her ankle so that she can dance at least once.
(d) Because her mother makes her.
4. Following Catherine's announcement that she plans to marry Herr Klesmer, what do her parents do as soon as she leaves the room?
(a) Nothing; they do not talk, and pretend as though nothin happened.
(b) Call all of their friends and family because they are so happy about the engagement.
(c) Discuss what they are going to do with their property.
(d) Her mother faints; and her father punches a window out of anger.
5. What does Rex tell Anna that he is going to do after he is rebuffed by her?
(a) Jump off a bridge.
(b) Move to Canada.
(c) Propose again every day until she says "yes".
(d) Never love anyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the reader learn raised Grandcourt like a son?
2. What socially awkward topic does Gwendolyn ask Mrs. Davilow about after she is engaged?
3. What does Gwendolyn plan to do with the money that she gets from her necklace?
4. What additional advice does Gwendolyn seek from Daniel during her stay at the Abbey?
5. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)