|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandcourt tell Gwendolyn upon arriving home after being married?
(a) That she must begin conducting herself with more dignity.
(b) That her "life begins anew again".
(c) That she is now "his wife in love and life".
(d) That he is "more in love than he'd thought he ever would be".
2. What is the Abbey?
(a) Gwendolyn's home.
(b) Gwendolyn's favorite park.
(c) Sir Hugo's home.
(d) Lydia's favorite restaurant.
3. Where do Gwendolyn and Grandcourt go once they are married?
(a) To Nice.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To his estate at Ryelands.
(d) To London.
4. What does Herr Klesmer do for a living?
(a) He is independently wealthy.
(b) His profession is not mentioned in the book.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) He is a musician.
5. Which two characters does Daniel come to realize to be living together?
(a) Ezra and Mordecai.
(b) Anna and Gwendolyn.
(c) Anna and Ezra.
(d) Mordecai and Ezra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
2. Why does Mirah run away from her father?
3. Why does Gwendolyn have to leave the city and the gambling so suddenly?
4. What does Reverend Gascoigne think that Gwendolyn should do if and when Grandcourt proposes?
5. What relationship does Ezra first claim to have with Mordecai?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)