|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gwendolyn's mother feel about the possibility of Gwendolyn marrying Grandcourt?
(a) That Gwendolyn should refuse him on principle so that he asks again and offers the family more money.
(b) That Grandcourt is making a mistake, even though it would be good for Gwendolyn.
(c) That it is a horrible mistake.
(d) That he will make Gwendolyn as happy as any other man whom she is likely to marry.
2. How does Gwendolyn perceive Daniel for the first time?
(a) As a warm, old friend.
(b) As cruel and very loud.
(c) As an unfriendly stranger.
(d) As a kind and humble man.
3. Who does Gwendolyn want to connect with while at the Abbey?
(c) Sir Hugo.
4. How does Grandcourt react to how Gwendolyn is talking to Daniel at the Abbey?
(a) He is jealous that they might be having a relationship.
(b) He scolds her and tells her that she is acting in a way that is unbecoming.
(c) He is so arrogant that he does not even notice that they are conversing.
(d) He is happy that she has found a friend.
5. How does Sir Hugo find out about Gwendolyn and Grandcourt's engagement?
(a) By letter.
(b) The Reverend announces it after Sunday worship service.
(c) He hears it in person.
(d) From the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
2. Why does Lush advise against Grandcourt proposing to Gwendolyn after Grandcourt arrives in Offendene from Paris?
3. Who is Rex?
4. What advice does Daniel give to Gwendolyn about being happy?
5. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)