|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Davilow, what two options are available as a profession for Gwendolyn?
(a) Being a nurse in a hosptial or a nun in a church.
(b) Being a teacher in a school or a governess to a family.
(c) Being a painter in a museum or a singer in a choir.
(d) Being a teacher in a university or a professor at an all-girls school.
2. How does Gwendolyn react to what Lydia Glasher tells her when they first meet?
(a) She becomes furiously, violently angry.
(b) She bursts into tears and has to be taken to a doctor.
(c) She pretends not to understand English.
(d) She remains cool and collected.
3. How does Lydia react to the news that Grandcourt is engaged?
(a) She becomes depressed instantly.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is confused.
4. What personal items does Gwendolyn give to her mother so that she can sell them and earn extra money?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her fancy dresses.
(c) Her paintings.
(d) Her musical instruments.
5. Who is Herr Klesmer?
(a) The town mayor.
(b) A famous professor.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) The town baker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
2. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
3. How does Grandcourt ask permission to visit Gwendolyn from her after he arrives in Offendene?
4. How does Herr Klesmer respond when he hears Gwendolyn perform?
5. What worry does Mrs. Gascoigne have about Gwendolyn when she first comes to town?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)