|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gwendolyn and Grandcourt go once they are married?
(a) To London.
(b) To his estate at Ryelands.
(c) To Nice.
(d) To Paris.
2. What type of work does Hans do as an adult?
(a) He is an engineer.
(b) He is a singer.
(c) He is a baker.
(d) He is an artist.
3. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
(a) Quite a bit.
(b) One day.
(c) Only a few minutes.
(d) Two days, because he knows that it is improper to visit on Sundays.
4. How does Gwendolyn react to Mr. Lush's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
(a) She gets too embarrassed and leaves hurriedly -- without her coat.
(b) She doesn't even bother looking at him for a response.
(c) She snubs him.
(d) She accepts.
5. What does Gwendolyn tell Grandcourt right after she meets Lydia Glasher?
(a) That she wants to get married that very night.
(b) That she never wants to see him again.
(c) That he can visit her the next day.
(d) That he is a lying cheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Catherine's parents threaten to do if she marries Herr Klesmer?
2. Which of the following is the only dance that Gwendolyn says that she will dance at the ball soon after she meets Grandcourt?
3. What does Gwendolyn think that she must do if she is going to win spectacularly?
4. Who arranges housing for Gwendolyn and her family upon her return from her gambling trip?
5. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)