|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V, Mordecai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandcourt expect Daniel to be jealous?
(a) Because he has much greater success with women.
(b) Because he is much more handsome.
(c) Because he is inheriting the baronetcy that could easily have been his.
(d) Because he is very famous for his poetry.
2. What does Daniel notice about Mordecai upon returning to visit him after pawning his ring?
(a) That he is sick and dying.
(b) That he is a thief and a cheat.
(c) That he looks a lot like Mirah.
(d) That he looks a lot like Sir Hugo.
3. Where does Gwendolyn's family move when she returns from her gambling trip?
4. How much time passes between the time that Grandcourt tells Mr. Lush that he would like to marry Gwendolyn and the time that he goes to her house to announce his intentions?
(a) Two days, because he knows that it is improper to visit on Sundays.
(b) One day.
(c) Only a few minutes.
(d) Quite a bit.
5. How does Daniel feel about gambling?
(a) He used to be addicted to it, so he cannot play anymore.
(b) He is currently addicted to it, and is heavily in debt.
(c) He finds it incredibly boring.
(d) He does not enjoy it because his win is someone else's loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
2. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
3. How does Gwendolyn react to Grandcourt's offer to put her jacket on her after the ball?
4. According to Mrs. Davilow, what two options are available as a profession for Gwendolyn?
5. Which two characters does Daniel come to realize to be living together?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)