|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mordecai notified that his father has taken his little sister away?
(a) By a letter from his father.
(b) By a letter from his sister.
(c) By a letter from his mother.
(d) In person by Mrs. Davilow.
2. Where is Grandcourt first sent away to school?
3. What does Gwendolyn's uncle think of the waltz?
(a) He is not sure what to think of it, since he has never seen it before.
(b) That it is overly showy.
(c) That it is too risque for the young people to be doing.
(d) That it is quite beautiful, but only when done properly.
4. How does Gwendolyn's mother feel about the possibility of Gwendolyn marrying Grandcourt?
(a) That he will make Gwendolyn as happy as any other man whom she is likely to marry.
(b) That it is a horrible mistake.
(c) That Grandcourt is making a mistake, even though it would be good for Gwendolyn.
(d) That Gwendolyn should refuse him on principle so that he asks again and offers the family more money.
5. Why does Daniel find his mission of pawning a ring to Ezra unsatisfactory?
(a) Because Ezra is not in the shop on the day that Daniel stops in.
(b) Because Ezra is not able to borrow the amount of money that he needs.
(c) Because Ezra figures out why he is really there.
(d) Because he does not learn what he wanted to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item greatly upsets Gwendolyn at her first dinner at home with her new husband?
2. What is Gwendolyn's first impression of Mr. Lush?
3. What type of arrangements does Grandcourt refuse to discuss with Gwendolyn?
4. Where does Gwendolyn tell her mother that she is going the day after she meets Lydia Glasher?
5. What does Grandcourt assure Lydia of after he tells her that he has become engaged to Gwendolyn?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)