|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one of Elmira's major faults?
2. How will Bill know when Helen has died?
3. Which of the following activities doesn't grandfather send Douglas to do to take his mind off of the doom and gloom talk?
4. Where does Charlie say the Lonely One grew up?
5. What does Douglas wonder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the various bottles of dandelion wine that were bottled from June and July represent to Douglas?
2. Why does Colonel Freeleigh call Mexico City twice before he dies?
3. How did Bill end up falling in love with Helen even though there was a significant difference in their ages?
4. Why doesn't Douglas finish his entry about what he must do some day in his tablet?
5. How does Great-grandma tell Douglas to find the new person who will take over the chore of fixing the roof shingles in the spring which she used to be responsible for doing?
6. How does Tom keep an eye on Mr. Black so that Douglas and Tom can rescue Mme. Tarot?
7. What is unique about Mr. Jonas' business with the junkyard wagon and horse?
8. How did Douglas finish his tablet entry and when did he make the decision to finish the entry in this manner?
9. What are the different views on Helen's death and how it relates to happy endings by Douglas and Tom?
10. What does Douglas wonder about his own memories and how they can or do travel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clara and Elmira could be described as representing good and evil. Would you agree with this description? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe the author of this novel chose the title Dandelion Wine? Do you believe it is an appropriate title for the book? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of tradition versus change developed throughout the novel? Use specific examples from the text to support your statements. Do you believe the author does a good job at developing this theme? Why or why not?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)