|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Grandma is when it comes to her recipes?
2. Who comes to visit Grandfather and Grandma?
3. What does Bill order at the drug store ice cream counter which catches the attention of Helen?
4. Who watches Douglas write in his tablet?
5. Which of the following is one of Elmira's major faults?
Essay Topic 1
Kinship and personal connections are often explored throughout the novel. How and why is this an important part of the novel's themes? Do you agree with the way the author portrays these concepts? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How do characters throughout the novel use their imagination to make themselves happier? Use specific examples from the novel to support your answers. Do you believe this is a healthy way to live? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Some might say that by acknowledging that some day he will die leads to Douglas almost facing death by becoming very ill. Explain why this statement might be accurate and why it might be inaccurate. Use specific examples from the novel to support your explanations.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)