Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters below is seriously ill during this section of the novel?
2. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
3. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
4. Who does Bill remind Helen of?
5. What does Douglas use as a light as he writes down his reflections in his tablet?
Essay Topic 1
Clara and Elmira could be described as representing good and evil. Would you agree with this description? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How are the themes of man and nature developed throughout the novel. Use specific examples from the text to support your statements. Do you believe the author does a good job at developing these themes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Douglas is the only child disturbed by the events of the Lonely One's last murder? What do you think the purpose of including such a character in the novel was? Do you believe the character was developed enough, too much or not enough? Support your answer with information from the text.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)