|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions best matches what the children thought the Lonely One looked like?
2. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
3. What position does Clara Goodwater hold?
4. What does Bill confess to Helen?
5. What chore has Great-grandma always done for the family?
Essay Topic 1
What powerful recognition does Douglas come to at the end of the novel? How is this recognition important? What does it represent in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Many things change in this novel. Provide details describing how both the adults and children handle change in the novel. Use specific details from the novel to support your description.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Mr. Jonas and Douglas can be considered kindred souls. Use examples from the text to support your answer. Do you believe this meshing of minds and souls is what led to Douglas' healing? Why or why not?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)