Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters below is seriously ill during this section of the novel?
2. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
3. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
4. Who does Bill remind Helen of?
5. What does Douglas use as a light as he writes down his reflections in his tablet?
How is the theme of tradition versus change developed throughout the novel? Use specific examples from the text to support your statements. Do you believe the author does a good job at developing this theme? Why or why not?
Describe how Mr. Jonas and Douglas can be considered kindred souls. Use examples from the text to support your answer. Do you believe this meshing of minds and souls is what led to Douglas' healing? Why or why not?
Children in the novel often live in the present, not the past or future. In what way do some of the adults in this novel live the same way? Think of an adult that you know that lives this same way. Do you think it is a good way to live? Use their experiences to support your judgment.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)