|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes that the night should proceed as planned?
2. What types of books does Sam Brown say that Clara Goodwater ordered?
3. How will Bill know when Helen has died?
4. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
5. Where does Douglas go to find wisdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Douglas believe that he must work with Tom to rescue the real Mme. Tarot?
2. Why doesn't Douglas finish his entry about what he must do some day in his tablet?
3. How does Douglas come to recover from the fever?
4. How did Bill end up falling in love with Helen even though there was a significant difference in their ages?
5. What is unique about Mr. Jonas' business with the junkyard wagon and horse?
6. How does Douglas help Grandmother to be able to return to the excellent cook she always was before Aunt Rose came?
7. What happens when Elmira starts to make her speech after she drinks the special brew she made to thwart any spells Clara might cast?
8. How does Douglas decide is the best way to pay back Mr. Jonas?
9. What does Douglas believe would have happened between Bill and Helen if they had been born at different times?
10. Why does Douglas want to rescue Mme. Tarot from Mr. Black?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What powerful recognition does Douglas come to at the end of the novel? How is this recognition important? What does it represent in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe the author of this novel chose the title Dandelion Wine? Do you believe it is an appropriate title for the book? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the changes Douglas undergoes throughout the novel. Use specific details from the novel to support your description. Do you believe the changes were for the positive? Why or why not?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)