|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Douglas go to find wisdom?
2. What does Helen invite Bill to her house to do?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Grandma is when it comes to her recipes?
4. How hot does the thermometer say the house is?
5. Where does Douglas go while Tom returns to the arcade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the end of the summer mark for Douglas? Do you believe that this change was for the positive or negative? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the changes Douglas undergoes throughout the novel. Use specific details from the novel to support your description. Do you believe the changes were for the positive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Many things change in this novel. Provide details describing how both the adults and children handle change in the novel. Use specific details from the novel to support your description.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)