|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the empty mason jar make Douglas feel?
2. In what month does Helen tell Bill she will be dead soon?
3. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
(a) Bill Forrester
(b) Colonel Freeleigh
(c) Helen Loomis
(d) Mrs. Bentley
4. What does Douglas do with the fireflies at the end of this section?
(a) Puts them on a shelf
(b) Releases them
(c) Kills them
(d) Gives them to his great-grandfather
5. What do Tom, Grandfather and Douglas do which indicates the end of summer?
(a) Get out the shovel
(b) Put lawn mower away
(c) Put the rugs back in the house
(d) Take down the porch swing
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Great-grandma hold up to use with Douglas to explain?
2. What tool did Lavinia Nebbs use to kill the Lonely One?
3. What does Tom use to help determine the weather?
4. What does Clara pretend she is to annoy Elmira?
5. How often do Helen and Bill begin meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Douglas finish his tablet entry and when did he make the decision to finish the entry in this manner?
2. What is unique about Mr. Jonas' business with the junkyard wagon and horse?
3. What do the various bottles of dandelion wine that were bottled from June and July represent to Douglas?
4. What other relationships does Bill and Helen's relationship parallel?
5. How does Douglas decide is the best way to pay back Mr. Jonas?
6. How does Douglas come to recover from the fever?
7. How can Douglas tell that Bill is devastated by Helen's death?
8. Why does Douglas want to rescue Mme. Tarot from Mr. Black?
9. What happens when Elmira starts to make her speech after she drinks the special brew she made to thwart any spells Clara might cast?
10. Why does Douglas believe that he must work with Tom to rescue the real Mme. Tarot?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)