|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas hide from Grandma to help her become a better cook?
(d) New glasses
2. Which of the following describes the style of Grandmother's kitchen under normal circumstances?
3. Which of the characters below is seriously ill during this section of the novel?
(b) Colonel Freeleigh
4. Which of the following descriptions best matches what the children thought the Lonely One looked like?
(a) Chubby and red-faced
(b) Tall, dark skin, and light hair
(c) Short, dark with light hair
(d) Tall, pale with dark hair
5. Who takes the phone away from Colonel Freeleigh?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom use to help determine the weather?
2. What does Douglas use as a light as he writes down his reflections in his tablet?
3. What does Helen invite Bill to her house to do?
4. What does Colonel Freeleigh enjoy listening to?
5. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)