|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
(a) Special brew
(b) Fall down the stairs
(c) Election to the president
2. What does Douglas hide from Grandma to help her become a better cook?
(d) New glasses
3. Which of the following describes the style of Grandmother's kitchen under normal circumstances?
4. How old is Lavinia Nebbs?
5. How often do Helen and Bill begin meeting?
(a) Every afternoon
(b) Once a month
(c) Once a week
(d) Twice a week
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Grandma is when it comes to her recipes?
2. What feelings does Douglas hope to reconcile?
3. What does Tom use to help determine the weather?
4. How old is Helen Loomis?
5. How old was Helen in the photo Bill found of her in the paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Great-grandma tell Douglas to find the new person who will take over the chore of fixing the roof shingles in the spring which she used to be responsible for doing?
2. How does Lavina feel on her lonely walk home after finding the dead body and going to the movies with her friend?
3. How can Douglas tell that Bill is devastated by Helen's death?
4. How does Douglas help Grandmother to be able to return to the excellent cook she always was before Aunt Rose came?
5. What do the various bottles of dandelion wine that were bottled from June and July represent to Douglas?
6. What does Douglas wonder about his own memories and how they can or do travel?
7. How does Douglas come to recover from the fever?
8. Why does Douglas believe that he must work with Tom to rescue the real Mme. Tarot?
9. What happens when Elmira starts to make her speech after she drinks the special brew she made to thwart any spells Clara might cast?
10. What powerful realization does Douglas come to during this section of the novel?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)