|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lavinia go after the movie?
(a) Alone through the ravine
(b) She stays at the movie theater
(c) Alone through the town
(d) To Helen's house
2. Who takes the phone away from Colonel Freeleigh?
3. What does Bill confess to Helen?
(a) He always disliked her
(b) He once was in love with her
(c) He wanted her to come over for dinner
(d) He wanted her to be his mother
4. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
(a) Pictures and other momentos
(b) Cans of food
(c) Bottles of water
(d) Bottles of dandelion wine
5. Which of the following is one of Elmira's major faults?
(b) Gossipy tongue
(c) Wicked and evil
(d) Practicing witchcraft
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara pretend she is to annoy Elmira?
2. How long does Great-grandma tell Douglas she will be around?
3. What does Bill order at the drug store ice cream counter which catches the attention of Helen?
4. What tool did Lavinia Nebbs use to kill the Lonely One?
5. Where does Charlie say the Lonely One grew up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Tom, Douglas and Charlie believe that the man that Lavina killed is not the Lonely One?
2. What is unique about Mr. Jonas' business with the junkyard wagon and horse?
3. Why doesn't Douglas finish his entry about what he must do some day in his tablet?
4. How does Douglas help Grandmother to be able to return to the excellent cook she always was before Aunt Rose came?
5. How does Tom keep an eye on Mr. Black so that Douglas and Tom can rescue Mme. Tarot?
6. How did Douglas finish his tablet entry and when did he make the decision to finish the entry in this manner?
7. How does Great-grandma tell Douglas to find the new person who will take over the chore of fixing the roof shingles in the spring which she used to be responsible for doing?
8. Describe the scene where Elmira confronts Clara and how Clara reacts.
9. Why is Sam not surprised to return home from his job as the postman to find his wife, Elmira, hurt?
10. Why does Douglas want to rescue Mme. Tarot from Mr. Black?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)