|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Grandma is when it comes to her recipes?
2. Where does Lavinia go after the movie?
(a) Alone through the town
(b) Alone through the ravine
(c) To Helen's house
(d) She stays at the movie theater
3. What chore has Great-grandma always done for the family?
(a) Repairing the roof shingles
(b) Sewing the clothes that are torn
(c) Cooking dinner
(d) Charting the family history
4. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
(b) Auto mechanic
5. How will Bill know when Helen has died?
(a) He'll be visited by her ghost
(b) He'll read about it in the paper
(c) He'll hear the gossip
(d) He'll get a blue envelope
Short Answer Questions
1. What is part of the attraction that Douglas has for the wax tarot reader?
2. Which of the following words best describes Tom?
3. How old is Lavinia Nebbs?
4. What does Colonel Freeleigh enjoy listening to?
5. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Douglas believe that he must work with Tom to rescue the real Mme. Tarot?
2. Why does Douglas want to rescue Mme. Tarot from Mr. Black?
3. Why do Tom, Douglas and Charlie believe that the man that Lavina killed is not the Lonely One?
4. What does Douglas wonder about his own memories and how they can or do travel?
5. How did Douglas finish his tablet entry and when did he make the decision to finish the entry in this manner?
6. What powerful realization does Douglas come to during this section of the novel?
7. What does Douglas believe would have happened between Bill and Helen if they had been born at different times?
8. How does Lavina feel on her lonely walk home after finding the dead body and going to the movies with her friend?
9. How does Tom keep an eye on Mr. Black so that Douglas and Tom can rescue Mme. Tarot?
10. Why doesn't Douglas finish his entry about what he must do some day in his tablet?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)