|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas hide from Grandma to help her become a better cook?
(b) New glasses
2. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
(a) Cans of food
(b) Bottles of dandelion wine
(c) Pictures and other momentos
(d) Bottles of water
3. What does Bill confess to Helen?
(a) He wanted her to come over for dinner
(b) He wanted her to be his mother
(c) He always disliked her
(d) He once was in love with her
4. Why does Helen invite Bill to her house the next day?
(a) Because she owes him money
(b) He has a picture of hers to return
(c) She wants him to bring Douglas
(d) To continue the conversation
5. What does Douglas wonder?
(a) What happened to happy endings
(b) Why Helen had to die
(c) Why Bill and Helen weren't married
(d) Why people must grow older
Short Answer Questions
1. What is part of the attraction that Douglas has for the wax tarot reader?
2. Which of the following characters believes that the night should proceed as planned?
3. What tool did Lavinia Nebbs use to kill the Lonely One?
4. How does Mr. Jonas do business?
5. How often do Helen and Bill begin meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Douglas tell that Bill is devastated by Helen's death?
2. What does Douglas wonder about his own memories and how they can or do travel?
3. Why doesn't Douglas finish his entry about what he must do some day in his tablet?
4. Why does Colonel Freeleigh call Mexico City twice before he dies?
5. What does Douglas think about Colonel Freeleigh's death that he feels comfortable sharing with Tom?
6. How does Douglas help Grandmother to be able to return to the excellent cook she always was before Aunt Rose came?
7. How does Douglas come to recover from the fever?
8. What do the various bottles of dandelion wine that were bottled from June and July represent to Douglas?
9. Why does Douglas want to rescue Mme. Tarot from Mr. Black?
10. Why is Sam not surprised to return home from his job as the postman to find his wife, Elmira, hurt?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)