|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Douglas go to find wisdom?
2. What is on the first card the wax tarot witch delivers to Douglas?
3. Who comes to visit Grandfather and Grandma?
(a) Aunt Rose
(b) Great grandma
(d) Mr. Jonas
4. How does the empty mason jar make Douglas feel?
5. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
(a) Pictures and other momentos
(b) Bottles of water
(c) Cans of food
(d) Bottles of dandelion wine
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lavinia go after the movie?
2. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describe Douglas' reflections on his summer experiences?
4. What does Mr. Black do to try and fix the wax tarot witch machine?
5. What does Douglas do with the fireflies at the end of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lavina feel on her lonely walk home after finding the dead body and going to the movies with her friend?
2. What do the various bottles of dandelion wine that were bottled from June and July represent to Douglas?
3. Why does Colonel Freeleigh call Mexico City twice before he dies?
4. How does Douglas help Grandmother to be able to return to the excellent cook she always was before Aunt Rose came?
5. What powerful realization does Douglas come to during this section of the novel?
6. What happens when Elmira starts to make her speech after she drinks the special brew she made to thwart any spells Clara might cast?
7. Why doesn't Douglas finish his entry about what he must do some day in his tablet?
8. How does Great-grandma tell Douglas to find the new person who will take over the chore of fixing the roof shingles in the spring which she used to be responsible for doing?
9. What are the different views on Helen's death and how it relates to happy endings by Douglas and Tom?
10. Why does Douglas believe that he must work with Tom to rescue the real Mme. Tarot?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)