|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How hot does the thermometer say the house is?
2. What does Great-grandma hold up to use with Douglas to explain?
(c) Picture frame
3. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
(d) Auto mechanic
4. What does Douglas wonder?
(a) Why Helen had to die
(b) Why people must grow older
(c) Why Bill and Helen weren't married
(d) What happened to happy endings
5. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
(a) Across memories
(d) Through discussions
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years was Colonel Freeleigh wheelchair ridden?
2. What city does Colonel Freeleigh call?
3. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
4. How does the special brew make Elmira feel?
5. What tool did Lavinia Nebbs use to kill the Lonely One?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Douglas want to rescue Mme. Tarot from Mr. Black?
2. How did Douglas finish his tablet entry and when did he make the decision to finish the entry in this manner?
3. Why does Douglas believe that he must work with Tom to rescue the real Mme. Tarot?
4. How does Lavina feel on her lonely walk home after finding the dead body and going to the movies with her friend?
5. What does Douglas wonder about his own memories and how they can or do travel?
6. What powerful realization does Douglas come to during this section of the novel?
7. How does Douglas help Grandmother to be able to return to the excellent cook she always was before Aunt Rose came?
8. What is unique about Mr. Jonas' business with the junkyard wagon and horse?
9. How does Douglas come to recover from the fever?
10. What does Douglas believe would have happened between Bill and Helen if they had been born at different times?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)