|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years was Colonel Freeleigh wheelchair ridden?
2. Which of the following words best describes Tom?
3. How old was Helen in the photo Bill found of her in the paper?
4. What position does Clara Goodwater hold?
(c) President of the Ladies Lodge
(d) Newspaper editor
5. Where do Lavinia and Francine find the Lonely One's last victim?
(b) Movie house
(c) Drug store
(d) Ice house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill order at the drug store ice cream counter which catches the attention of Helen?
2. What tool did Lavinia Nebbs use to kill the Lonely One?
3. What feelings does Douglas hope to reconcile?
4. What does Douglas use as a light as he writes down his reflections in his tablet?
5. What does Douglas dream of when he has the fever?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene where Elmira confronts Clara and how Clara reacts.
2. What other relationships does Bill and Helen's relationship parallel?
3. How does Douglas help Grandmother to be able to return to the excellent cook she always was before Aunt Rose came?
4. How does Douglas decide is the best way to pay back Mr. Jonas?
5. What does Douglas wonder about his own memories and how they can or do travel?
6. How does Lavina feel on her lonely walk home after finding the dead body and going to the movies with her friend?
7. How does Great-grandma tell Douglas that she will always be with him, even for a thousand years?
8. How can Douglas tell that Bill is devastated by Helen's death?
9. How does Tom keep an eye on Mr. Black so that Douglas and Tom can rescue Mme. Tarot?
10. How does Douglas come to recover from the fever?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)