|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Great-grandma tell Douglas she will be around?
(a) A thousand years
(b) A few more years
(c) A few more days
(d) A hundred years
2. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
3. How old is Helen Loomis?
4. Which of the following characters helps Douglas with the wax tarot witch?
(b) Mr. Black
5. What does Douglas dream of when he has the fever?
(a) Great grandmother
(b) Green town
(c) Lonely One
(d) The ravine
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
2. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
3. What feelings does Douglas hope to reconcile?
4. What does Bill order at the drug store ice cream counter which catches the attention of Helen?
5. What does the French word secours mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bill end up falling in love with Helen even though there was a significant difference in their ages?
2. Why doesn't Douglas finish his entry about what he must do some day in his tablet?
3. What powerful realization does Douglas come to during this section of the novel?
4. How does Lavinia come to be the one responsible for the death of the Lonely One?
5. How does Lavina feel on her lonely walk home after finding the dead body and going to the movies with her friend?
6. What is unique about Mr. Jonas' business with the junkyard wagon and horse?
7. What does Douglas believe would have happened between Bill and Helen if they had been born at different times?
8. What happens when Elmira starts to make her speech after she drinks the special brew she made to thwart any spells Clara might cast?
9. What are the different views on Helen's death and how it relates to happy endings by Douglas and Tom?
10. How did Douglas finish his tablet entry and when did he make the decision to finish the entry in this manner?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)