|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the phone away from Colonel Freeleigh?
2. Which of the following descriptions best matches what the children thought the Lonely One looked like?
(a) Short, dark with light hair
(b) Chubby and red-faced
(c) Tall, dark skin, and light hair
(d) Tall, pale with dark hair
3. Where do Lavinia and Francine find the Lonely One's last victim?
(a) Drug store
(b) Movie house
(c) Ice house
4. What does the French word secours mean?
5. What does Great-grandma hold up to use with Douglas to explain?
(b) Picture frame
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Black do to try and fix the wax tarot witch machine?
2. Where does Lavinia go after the movie?
3. What does Douglas do with the fireflies at the end of this section?
4. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
5. Where does Charlie say the Lonely One grew up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about Mr. Jonas' business with the junkyard wagon and horse?
2. How does Great-grandma tell Douglas that she will always be with him, even for a thousand years?
3. What do the various bottles of dandelion wine that were bottled from June and July represent to Douglas?
4. Why does Douglas want to rescue Mme. Tarot from Mr. Black?
5. What happens when Elmira starts to make her speech after she drinks the special brew she made to thwart any spells Clara might cast?
6. Why do Tom, Douglas and Charlie believe that the man that Lavina killed is not the Lonely One?
7. How does Great-grandma tell Douglas to find the new person who will take over the chore of fixing the roof shingles in the spring which she used to be responsible for doing?
8. How does Douglas come to recover from the fever?
9. Why doesn't Douglas finish his entry about what he must do some day in his tablet?
10. What other relationships does Bill and Helen's relationship parallel?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)