|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the first card the wax tarot witch delivers to Douglas?
2. What does the French word secours mean?
3. How long has the wax tarot card witch been around?
(a) Since grandfather was a boy
(b) Since great-grandma was born
(c) Since Douglas was born
(d) Since Tom was born
4. Why does Helen make a big scene at the movie?
(a) She thinks the Lonely One is behind them
(b) She believes Lavinia is in danger
(c) She is still shaken and scared
(d) She has ice down her back
5. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lavinia Nebbs?
2. What city does Colonel Freeleigh call?
3. What part of her body did Elmira Brown injure just before her husband returned home?
4. What does Great-grandma hold up to use with Douglas to explain?
5. What position does Clara Goodwater hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Clara and Elmira reconcile their differences and eventually become friendly?
2. Why does Douglas believe that he must work with Tom to rescue the real Mme. Tarot?
3. Why do Tom, Douglas and Charlie believe that the man that Lavina killed is not the Lonely One?
4. What other relationships does Bill and Helen's relationship parallel?
5. What are the different views on Helen's death and how it relates to happy endings by Douglas and Tom?
6. How did Bill end up falling in love with Helen even though there was a significant difference in their ages?
7. What do the various bottles of dandelion wine that were bottled from June and July represent to Douglas?
8. How does Douglas help Grandmother to be able to return to the excellent cook she always was before Aunt Rose came?
9. How does Great-grandma tell Douglas to find the new person who will take over the chore of fixing the roof shingles in the spring which she used to be responsible for doing?
10. What powerful realization does Douglas come to during this section of the novel?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)