|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is an active, spry woman in her nineties?
2. Where do Lavinia and Francine find the Lonely One's last victim?
(b) Drug store
(c) Movie house
(d) Ice house
3. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
(b) Through discussions
(d) Across memories
4. What is part of the attraction that Douglas has for the wax tarot reader?
(b) Constant well wishes
(c) No negatives
5. What feelings does Douglas hope to reconcile?
(a) Those for his family
(b) Those for his friend John
(c) Those about the Lonely One
(d) Those between life and death
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lavinia go after the movie?
2. Where does Douglas go to find wisdom?
3. What types of books does Sam Brown say that Clara Goodwater ordered?
4. What does Colonel Freeleigh enjoy listening to?
5. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Douglas finish his tablet entry and when did he make the decision to finish the entry in this manner?
2. Why do Tom, Douglas and Charlie believe that the man that Lavina killed is not the Lonely One?
3. What is unique about Mr. Jonas' business with the junkyard wagon and horse?
4. What does Douglas believe would have happened between Bill and Helen if they had been born at different times?
5. How does Lavina feel on her lonely walk home after finding the dead body and going to the movies with her friend?
6. Why does Douglas believe that he must work with Tom to rescue the real Mme. Tarot?
7. How does Lavinia come to be the one responsible for the death of the Lonely One?
8. What does Douglas think about Colonel Freeleigh's death that he feels comfortable sharing with Tom?
9. How do Clara and Elmira reconcile their differences and eventually become friendly?
10. Describe the scene where Elmira confronts Clara and how Clara reacts.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)