|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
(a) Bottles of dandelion wine
(b) Pictures and other momentos
(c) Bottles of water
(d) Cans of food
2. Which of the following activities doesn't grandfather send Douglas to do to take his mind off of the doom and gloom talk?
(a) Run around the house
(b) Climb trees
(c) Do push ups
(d) Read a book
3. What feelings does Douglas hope to reconcile?
(a) Those about the Lonely One
(b) Those for his family
(c) Those between life and death
(d) Those for his friend John
4. Which of the following characters dies in this section of the novel?
(a) Bill Forester
(c) Colonel Freeleigh
5. Where does Douglas go while Tom returns to the arcade?
(c) Drug store
Short Answer Questions
1. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
2. How will Bill know when Helen has died?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Grandma is when it comes to her recipes?
4. What does Elmira carry with her to the election day at the lodge?
5. Which of the following is one of Elmira's major faults?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Douglas help Grandmother to be able to return to the excellent cook she always was before Aunt Rose came?
2. How does Douglas decide is the best way to pay back Mr. Jonas?
3. Why is Sam not surprised to return home from his job as the postman to find his wife, Elmira, hurt?
4. What does Douglas think about Colonel Freeleigh's death that he feels comfortable sharing with Tom?
5. How can Douglas tell that Bill is devastated by Helen's death?
6. Why does Colonel Freeleigh call Mexico City twice before he dies?
7. How did Douglas finish his tablet entry and when did he make the decision to finish the entry in this manner?
8. How did Bill end up falling in love with Helen even though there was a significant difference in their ages?
9. What does Douglas believe would have happened between Bill and Helen if they had been born at different times?
10. What are the different views on Helen's death and how it relates to happy endings by Douglas and Tom?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)