|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is part of the attraction that Douglas has for the wax tarot reader?
(b) No negatives
(d) Constant well wishes
2. Which of the following characters is an active, spry woman in her nineties?
3. Where do the sounds of Mexico City take Colonel Freeleigh back to?
(b) His retirement
(c) His marriage
(d) Young adulthood
4. In what month does Helen tell Bill she will be dead soon?
5. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
(b) Through discussions
(d) Across memories
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
2. Where does Douglas go while Tom returns to the arcade?
3. Which of the following describes the style of Grandmother's kitchen under normal circumstances?
4. Who comes to visit Grandfather and Grandma?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describe Douglas' reflections on his summer experiences?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Douglas wonder about his own memories and how they can or do travel?
2. Why is Sam not surprised to return home from his job as the postman to find his wife, Elmira, hurt?
3. How does Douglas help Grandmother to be able to return to the excellent cook she always was before Aunt Rose came?
4. What do the various bottles of dandelion wine that were bottled from June and July represent to Douglas?
5. Why do Tom, Douglas and Charlie believe that the man that Lavina killed is not the Lonely One?
6. How does Great-grandma tell Douglas to find the new person who will take over the chore of fixing the roof shingles in the spring which she used to be responsible for doing?
7. How does Lavina feel on her lonely walk home after finding the dead body and going to the movies with her friend?
8. What other relationships does Bill and Helen's relationship parallel?
9. What powerful realization does Douglas come to during this section of the novel?
10. Why does Douglas believe that he must work with Tom to rescue the real Mme. Tarot?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)