Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dandelion wine used for during the winter?
(b) To trade for other supplies
(c) Christmas presents
(d) Cure for the winter blues
2. What surprise does John have for Douglas?
(a) He is getting married
(b) He is moving
(c) His father is dying
(d) He no longer wants to be Douglas's friend
3. In what year does this novel begin?
4. How does Tom feel as he and his mother approach the ravine?
5. What is it about Helen Bentley that the children do not believe?
(a) That she was once young
(b) That she dislikes summer
(c) That she can be mean
(d) That she is rich
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit of Tom's gives Douglas an idea?
2. What is Tom relieved by when they return home?
3. What does Douglas like to think of John as?
4. Where do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta hide?
5. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Douglas suggest that he and John spend the time alone in a haystack doing nothing?
2. How did Douglas finish his tablet entry and when did he make the decision to finish the entry in this manner?
3. What new revelation does Douglas come to by dividing up his summer?
4. What other relationships does Bill and Helen's relationship parallel?
5. What can be said that Leo has tampered with when he follows through on building the Happiness Machine?
6. Based on Tom's habit of keeping statistics, what idea does Douglas implement himself?
7. What brings Douglas comfort after so many things that he loves have all changed and ended at once?
8. How does Lavinia come to be the one responsible for the death of the Lonely One?
9. How did Bill end up falling in love with Helen even though there was a significant difference in their ages?
10. What does Douglas believe would have happened between Bill and Helen if they had been born at different times?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)