|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Leo and Lena argue about?
(a) Replacement grass that does not need to be mowed
(b) Life in Green Town
(d) Happiness Machine
2. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
(b) Ice cream cone
3. How is Frank related to Miss Fern and Miss Roberta?
4. What is Tom relieved by when they return home?
(a) Douglas' sweat
(b) Mother's cooking
(c) The sound of his father returning
(d) The ice cream he purchased
5. What do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta do to the Green Machine?
(a) Destroy it
(b) Put it in the garage
(c) Disconnect the battery
(d) Give it to Douglas
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Leo Auffmann is known for?
2. What do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta hide?
3. What does Helen Bentley purchase for a group of children?
4. What color is associated with the trolley?
5. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new revelation does Douglas come to by dividing up his summer?
2. What is Leo having a difficult time resolving in his own mind that he discusses albeit briefly with Douglas?
3. How does Great-grandma tell Douglas to find the new person who will take over the chore of fixing the roof shingles in the spring which she used to be responsible for doing?
4. Why doesn't Douglas finish his entry about what he must do some day in his tablet?
5. Describe how Douglas feels as he completes the task for his grandfather and describe what the tasks are.
6. What brings Douglas comfort after so many things that he loves have all changed and ended at once?
7. Describe the scene where Elmira confronts Clara and how Clara reacts.
8. What revelation does Leo come to after the Happiness Machine burns?
9. How does Douglas decide is the best way to pay back Mr. Jonas?
10. What do Douglas and his father experience very differently and provide one example of how they see the same event quite differently?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)