|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
(a) Colonel Freeleigh
(b) Helen Loomis
(c) Mrs. Bentley
(d) Bill Forrester
2. Where does Charlie say the Lonely One grew up?
(b) Railroad tracks
(c) Ice house
(d) Drug store
3. How many years was Colonel Freeleigh wheelchair ridden?
4. What part of her body did Elmira Brown injure just before her husband returned home?
5. Which of the following characters believes that the night should proceed as planned?
6. What does Douglas do with the fireflies at the end of this section?
(a) Releases them
(b) Puts them on a shelf
(c) Gives them to his great-grandfather
(d) Kills them
7. What doesn't Grandfather want to talk about?
(a) Colonel Freeleigh
(b) Dandelion wine
(c) Doom and gloom
8. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
(b) Through discussions
(c) Across memories
9. Why does Helen make a big scene at the movie?
(a) She has ice down her back
(b) She is still shaken and scared
(c) She thinks the Lonely One is behind them
(d) She believes Lavinia is in danger
10. What feelings does Douglas hope to reconcile?
(a) Those for his friend John
(b) Those between life and death
(c) Those about the Lonely One
(d) Those for his family
11. What does Douglas hide from Grandma to help her become a better cook?
(b) New glasses
12. What does Douglas wonder?
(a) Why people must grow older
(b) Why Helen had to die
(c) Why Bill and Helen weren't married
(d) What happened to happy endings
13. What does Bill confess to Helen?
(a) He always disliked her
(b) He once was in love with her
(c) He wanted her to be his mother
(d) He wanted her to come over for dinner
14. How long does Great-grandma tell Douglas she will be around?
(a) A few more years
(b) A few more days
(c) A thousand years
(d) A hundred years
15. What is on the first card the wax tarot witch delivers to Douglas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
2. What does Douglas dream of when he has the fever?
3. Who comes to visit Grandfather and Grandma?
4. What is the second card for Tom that the wax tarot witch delivers?
5. Where do the boys go to get icicles?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)