|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore has Great-grandma always done for the family?
(a) Cooking dinner
(b) Repairing the roof shingles
(c) Sewing the clothes that are torn
(d) Charting the family history
2. Where do the boys go to get icicles?
(b) Drug store
(c) Helen's house
(d) Ice house
3. Which of the following characters believes that the night should proceed as planned?
4. Which of the following characters helps Douglas with the wax tarot witch?
(c) Mr. Black
5. What does Douglas dream of when he has the fever?
(a) Great grandmother
(b) The ravine
(c) Green town
(d) Lonely One
6. How old is Lavinia Nebbs?
7. What does Douglas use as a light as he writes down his reflections in his tablet?
8. How does Mr. Jonas do business?
(b) He does not he keeps everything for himself
9. What is part of the attraction that Douglas has for the wax tarot reader?
(a) No negatives
(d) Constant well wishes
10. Which of the following descriptions best matches what the children thought the Lonely One looked like?
(a) Tall, dark skin, and light hair
(b) Short, dark with light hair
(c) Tall, pale with dark hair
(d) Chubby and red-faced
11. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
12. Why does Helen invite Bill to her house the next day?
(a) He has a picture of hers to return
(b) She wants him to bring Douglas
(c) To continue the conversation
(d) Because she owes him money
13. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
(a) Cans of food
(b) Pictures and other momentos
(c) Bottles of water
(d) Bottles of dandelion wine
14. Who does Bill remind Helen of?
(a) Her son
(b) A man she loved long ago
(c) Her second husband
(d) Her father
15. What does the French word secours mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Bill know when Helen has died?
2. How long does Great-grandma tell Douglas she will be around?
3. Why does Helen make a big scene at the movie?
4. What doesn't Grandfather want to talk about?
5. What does Mr. Black do to try and fix the wax tarot witch machine?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)