|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom represent according to Elmira as she takes him with her to the lodge?
2. What tool did Lavinia Nebbs use to kill the Lonely One?
3. What does Douglas use as a light as he writes down his reflections in his tablet?
4. What chore has Great-grandma always done for the family?
(a) Sewing the clothes that are torn
(b) Charting the family history
(c) Cooking dinner
(d) Repairing the roof shingles
5. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
(a) Auto mechanic
6. Where does Douglas go to find wisdom?
7. How does the nurse hope to prevent Colonel Freeleigh from making any more phone calls?
(a) Unplugs the phone
(b) Has long distance calls blocked
(c) Hides his wheelchair
(d) Gives him a sedative
8. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
9. How long has the wax tarot card witch been around?
(a) Since Douglas was born
(b) Since Tom was born
(c) Since great-grandma was born
(d) Since grandfather was a boy
10. Who does Bill remind Helen of?
(a) Her father
(b) A man she loved long ago
(c) Her son
(d) Her second husband
11. What will be inside the envelope Bill will receive from Helen?
(a) Her will
(c) A letter
12. What job does Mr. Jonas hold?
(c) Traveling salesman
(d) Junkyard wagon
13. In what month does Helen tell Bill she will be dead soon?
14. What does Helen invite Bill to her house to do?
(a) Mow her grass
(b) Fix her sink
(c) Fix the fence
(d) Drink tea
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Douglas' mood when Lavina and Francine passed him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
2. Who comes to talk to Douglas about how some people feel things more than others?
3. What does Mr. Black do with the wax figurine?
4. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
5. How old is Lavinia Nebbs?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)