|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities doesn't grandfather send Douglas to do to take his mind off of the doom and gloom talk?
(a) Read a book
(b) Run around the house
(c) Do push ups
(d) Climb trees
2. What does Douglas use as a light as he writes down his reflections in his tablet?
3. What does Mr. Black do to try and fix the wax tarot witch machine?
(a) Opens the back with a screwdriver
(b) Thumps on it
(c) Puts in a penny
(d) Unplugs it and plugs it back in
4. What does Tom use to help determine the weather?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describe Douglas' reflections on his summer experiences?
6. How does the nurse hope to prevent Colonel Freeleigh from making any more phone calls?
(a) Unplugs the phone
(b) Has long distance calls blocked
(c) Gives him a sedative
(d) Hides his wheelchair
7. Which of the following characters helps Douglas with the wax tarot witch?
(c) Mr. Black
8. Where does Charlie say the Lonely One grew up?
(a) Railroad tracks
(b) Drug store
(d) Ice house
9. What does Douglas do with the fireflies at the end of this section?
(a) Puts them on a shelf
(b) Releases them
(c) Kills them
(d) Gives them to his great-grandfather
10. What job does Mr. Jonas hold?
(b) Traveling salesman
(c) Junkyard wagon
11. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
12. What part of her body did Elmira Brown injure just before her husband returned home?
13. How does the special brew make Elmira feel?
(a) Dizzy and nauseous
(b) Protected and invinsible
(c) Destroyed and angry
(d) Surprised and hot
14. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
15. Who does Bill remind Helen of?
(a) Her son
(b) Her father
(c) A man she loved long ago
(d) Her second husband
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Bill know when Helen has died?
2. What position does Clara Goodwater hold?
3. What does Douglas hide from Grandma to help her become a better cook?
4. What chore has Great-grandma always done for the family?
5. What does Helen invite Bill to her house to do?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)