|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom represent according to Elmira as she takes him with her to the lodge?
2. Where does Lavinia go after the movie?
(a) Alone through the town
(b) To Helen's house
(c) Alone through the ravine
(d) She stays at the movie theater
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Grandma is when it comes to her recipes?
4. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
5. Where do the boys go to get icicles?
(a) Ice house
(b) Helen's house
(d) Drug store
6. What tool did Lavinia Nebbs use to kill the Lonely One?
7. Who watches Douglas write in his tablet?
8. Which of the following characters believes that the night should proceed as planned?
9. Why does Helen make a big scene at the movie?
(a) She believes Lavinia is in danger
(b) She is still shaken and scared
(c) She has ice down her back
(d) She thinks the Lonely One is behind them
10. What does Douglas use as a light as he writes down his reflections in his tablet?
11. What does Mr. Black do to try and fix the wax tarot witch machine?
(a) Opens the back with a screwdriver
(b) Thumps on it
(c) Puts in a penny
(d) Unplugs it and plugs it back in
12. How old is Helen Loomis?
13. What is part of the attraction that Douglas has for the wax tarot reader?
(b) Constant well wishes
(c) No negatives
14. What job does Mr. Jonas hold?
(a) Traveling salesman
(d) Junkyard wagon
15. How does the empty mason jar make Douglas feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas hide from Grandma to help her become a better cook?
2. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
3. How does the special brew make Elmira feel?
4. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
5. What doesGgreat-grandma decide that she knows it is time for?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)