|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Great-grandma tell Douglas she will be around?
(a) A hundred years
(b) A few more days
(c) A thousand years
(d) A few more years
2. What does Bill confess to Helen?
(a) He wanted her to come over for dinner
(b) He once was in love with her
(c) He wanted her to be his mother
(d) He always disliked her
3. Where does Douglas go while Tom returns to the arcade?
(c) Drug store
4. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
(a) Mrs. Bentley
(b) Bill Forrester
(c) Colonel Freeleigh
(d) Helen Loomis
5. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
6. Where does Charlie say the Lonely One grew up?
(b) Railroad tracks
(c) Ice house
(d) Drug store
7. How often do Helen and Bill begin meeting?
(a) Once a week
(b) Once a month
(c) Every afternoon
(d) Twice a week
8. Where do the sounds of Mexico City take Colonel Freeleigh back to?
(a) His marriage
(b) His retirement
(d) Young adulthood
9. Where does Lavinia go after the movie?
(a) Alone through the town
(b) To Helen's house
(c) Alone through the ravine
(d) She stays at the movie theater
10. What does Douglas wonder?
(a) Why people must grow older
(b) Why Helen had to die
(c) Why Bill and Helen weren't married
(d) What happened to happy endings
11. What part of her body did Elmira Brown injure just before her husband returned home?
12. What is part of the attraction that Douglas has for the wax tarot reader?
(a) No negatives
(d) Constant well wishes
13. Where does Douglas go to find wisdom?
14. How hot does the thermometer say the house is?
15. Who does Bill remind Helen of?
(a) Her father
(b) A man she loved long ago
(c) Her son
(d) Her second husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmira prepare for the election day at the lodge?
2. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
3. How old is Helen Loomis?
4. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
5. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)