|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Douglas keep his fireflies?
(c) Mason jar
2. What does Douglas wonder?
(a) Why people must grow older
(b) What happened to happy endings
(c) Why Helen had to die
(d) Why Bill and Helen weren't married
3. What does Bill order at the drug store ice cream counter which catches the attention of Helen?
(a) Old-fashioned cherry soda
(b) Old-fashioned vanilla
(c) Old-fashioned chocolate shake
(d) Old-fashioned lime-vanilla ice
4. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
(a) Special brew
(b) Election to the president
(d) Fall down the stairs
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Douglas' mood when Lavina and Francine passed him?
6. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
7. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
(a) Pictures and other momentos
(b) Bottles of water
(c) Cans of food
(d) Bottles of dandelion wine
8. What is the second card for Tom that the wax tarot witch delivers?
9. How hot does the thermometer say the house is?
10. Where does Lavinia go after the movie?
(a) Alone through the town
(b) Alone through the ravine
(c) To Helen's house
(d) She stays at the movie theater
11. How does Mr. Jonas do business?
(c) He does not he keeps everything for himself
12. Who watches Douglas write in his tablet?
13. Why does Helen make a big scene at the movie?
(a) She is still shaken and scared
(b) She believes Lavinia is in danger
(c) She thinks the Lonely One is behind them
(d) She has ice down her back
14. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
(a) Colonel Freeleigh
(b) Mrs. Bentley
(c) Bill Forrester
(d) Helen Loomis
15. What does Douglas use as a light as he writes down his reflections in his tablet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmira prepare for the election day at the lodge?
2. Which of the following characters dies in this section of the novel?
3. What does Douglas do with the fireflies at the end of this section?
4. What do Tom, Grandfather and Douglas do which indicates the end of summer?
5. In what month does Helen tell Bill she will be dead soon?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)