|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions best matches what the children thought the Lonely One looked like?
(a) Short, dark with light hair
(b) Chubby and red-faced
(c) Tall, dark skin, and light hair
(d) Tall, pale with dark hair
2. What position does Clara Goodwater hold?
(c) President of the Ladies Lodge
(d) Newspaper editor
3. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
(a) Bottles of dandelion wine
(b) Pictures and other momentos
(c) Cans of food
(d) Bottles of water
4. What chore has Great-grandma always done for the family?
(a) Cooking dinner
(b) Sewing the clothes that are torn
(c) Repairing the roof shingles
(d) Charting the family history
5. What does Clara pretend she is to annoy Elmira?
6. Which of the following characters helps Douglas with the wax tarot witch?
(b) Mr. Black
7. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
8. What city does Colonel Freeleigh call?
(b) Mexico City
(d) Washington, DC
9. Which of the following characters believes that the night should proceed as planned?
10. How often do Helen and Bill begin meeting?
(a) Once a month
(b) Every afternoon
(c) Once a week
(d) Twice a week
11. What does Douglas use as a light as he writes down his reflections in his tablet?
12. What does Elmira carry with her to the election day at the lodge?
(b) Wooden stake
(d) Holy water
13. What does Colonel Freeleigh enjoy listening to?
(a) His wife's voice
(b) His friend's Jorge's stories
(c) The Spanish language
(d) Sounds of the city
14. Where does Charlie say the Lonely One grew up?
(a) Railroad tracks
(c) Ice house
(d) Drug store
15. Where do Lavinia and Francine find the Lonely One's last victim?
(b) Drug store
(c) Movie house
(d) Ice house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
2. Which of the following describes the style of Grandmother's kitchen under normal circumstances?
3. Which of the following words best describes Tom?
4. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
5. Where does Douglas keep his fireflies?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)