|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Douglas go to find wisdom?
2. What is part of the attraction that Douglas has for the wax tarot reader?
(a) Constant well wishes
(b) No negatives
3. Where does Douglas keep his fireflies?
(c) Mason jar
4. Which of the following adjectives best describe Douglas' reflections on his summer experiences?
5. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
(b) Election to the president
(c) Fall down the stairs
(d) Special brew
6. How hot does the thermometer say the house is?
7. What does the French word secours mean?
8. Which of the following describes the style of Grandmother's kitchen under normal circumstances?
9. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
10. Why does Helen make a big scene at the movie?
(a) She believes Lavinia is in danger
(b) She has ice down her back
(c) She is still shaken and scared
(d) She thinks the Lonely One is behind them
11. Which of the following words best describes Tom?
12. How does the special brew make Elmira feel?
(a) Surprised and hot
(b) Dizzy and nauseous
(c) Protected and invinsible
(d) Destroyed and angry
13. What job does Mr. Jonas hold?
(b) Traveling salesman
(c) Junkyard wagon
14. What doesGgreat-grandma decide that she knows it is time for?
(a) To write her memoirs
(b) To die
(c) To move in with her grandchildren
(d) To move into aretirement home
15. What does Mr. Black do with the wax figurine?
(a) Breaks it into many pieces
(b) Moves it into his own home
(c) Throws it down the ravine
(d) Sells it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Black do to try and fix the wax tarot witch machine?
2. How does the empty mason jar make Douglas feel?
3. What does Great-grandma hold up to use with Douglas to explain?
4. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Douglas' mood when Lavina and Francine passed him?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)