|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen invite Bill to her house to do?
(a) Fix the fence
(b) Fix her sink
(c) Mow her grass
(d) Drink tea
2. What doesn't Grandfather want to talk about?
(a) Dandelion wine
(b) Colonel Freeleigh
(d) Doom and gloom
3. How will Bill know when Helen has died?
(a) He'll be visited by her ghost
(b) He'll read about it in the paper
(c) He'll get a blue envelope
(d) He'll hear the gossip
4. Which of the following characters dies in this section of the novel?
(a) Colonel Freeleigh
(b) Bill Forester
5. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
(a) Helen Loomis
(b) Mrs. Bentley
(c) Colonel Freeleigh
(d) Bill Forrester
6. What job does Mr. Jonas hold?
(c) Junkyard wagon
(d) Traveling salesman
7. Which of the following words best describes Tom?
8. Which of the following characters is an active, spry woman in her nineties?
9. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
(a) Pictures and other momentos
(b) Bottles of dandelion wine
(c) Cans of food
(d) Bottles of water
10. Which of the characters below is seriously ill during this section of the novel?
(c) Colonel Freeleigh
11. How old is Lavinia Nebbs?
12. Which of the following activities doesn't grandfather send Douglas to do to take his mind off of the doom and gloom talk?
(a) Do push ups
(b) Climb trees
(c) Run around the house
(d) Read a book
13. What does Great-grandma hold up to use with Douglas to explain?
(b) Picture frame
14. What does Douglas decide must be the ending to his journal entry that some day he must do?
15. How does the empty mason jar make Douglas feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describe Douglas' reflections on his summer experiences?
2. Where does Lavinia go after the movie?
3. How does the special brew make Elmira feel?
4. Who does Bill remind Helen of?
5. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)