|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Helen Loomis?
2. How many years was Colonel Freeleigh wheelchair ridden?
3. How does the nurse hope to prevent Colonel Freeleigh from making any more phone calls?
(a) Hides his wheelchair
(b) Has long distance calls blocked
(c) Unplugs the phone
(d) Gives him a sedative
4. What job does Mr. Jonas hold?
(b) Junkyard wagon
(d) Traveling salesman
5. Which of the following is one of Elmira's major faults?
(a) Practicing witchcraft
(b) Gossipy tongue
(d) Wicked and evil
6. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
7. What does the French word secours mean?
8. Which of the following characters dies in this section of the novel?
(b) Colonel Freeleigh
(d) Bill Forester
9. How often do Helen and Bill begin meeting?
(a) Every afternoon
(b) Once a week
(c) Once a month
(d) Twice a week
10. What will be inside the envelope Bill will receive from Helen?
(b) A letter
(c) Her will
11. What types of books does Sam Brown say that Clara Goodwater ordered?
(a) Ones of a sexual nature
(b) Ones on WWI
(c) Ones on witchcraft
(d) Ones on traveling
12. What does Mr. Black do with the wax figurine?
(a) Breaks it into many pieces
(b) Sells it
(c) Throws it down the ravine
(d) Moves it into his own home
13. How does the empty mason jar make Douglas feel?
14. What is the second card for Tom that the wax tarot witch delivers?
15. Which of the following characters helps Douglas with the wax tarot witch?
(b) Mr. Black
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Great-grandma tell Douglas she will be around?
2. What does Elmira prepare for the election day at the lodge?
3. Who watches Douglas write in his tablet?
4. Which of the following characters believes that the night should proceed as planned?
5. Which of the characters below is seriously ill during this section of the novel?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)