|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen make a big scene at the movie?
(a) She is still shaken and scared
(b) She thinks the Lonely One is behind them
(c) She has ice down her back
(d) She believes Lavinia is in danger
2. What does Mr. Black do with the wax figurine?
(a) Breaks it into many pieces
(b) Sells it
(c) Throws it down the ravine
(d) Moves it into his own home
3. Where does Douglas keep his fireflies?
(d) Mason jar
4. What is the second card for Tom that the wax tarot witch delivers?
5. What doesGgreat-grandma decide that she knows it is time for?
(a) To write her memoirs
(b) To move into aretirement home
(c) To die
(d) To move in with her grandchildren
6. What will be inside the envelope Bill will receive from Helen?
(a) Her will
(c) A letter
7. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
8. How old is Helen Loomis?
9. Who takes the phone away from Colonel Freeleigh?
10. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
11. What does Elmira carry with her to the election day at the lodge?
(b) Wooden stake
(c) Holy water
12. Which of the following descriptions best matches what the children thought the Lonely One looked like?
(a) Tall, dark skin, and light hair
(b) Chubby and red-faced
(c) Short, dark with light hair
(d) Tall, pale with dark hair
13. What job does Mr. Jonas hold?
(a) Traveling salesman
(d) Junkyard wagon
14. How does the empty mason jar make Douglas feel?
15. Where do the sounds of Mexico City take Colonel Freeleigh back to?
(a) Young adulthood
(c) His retirement
(d) His marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Great-grandma tell Douglas she will be around?
2. What does Clara pretend she is to annoy Elmira?
3. What does the French word secours mean?
4. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
5. Which of the characters below is seriously ill during this section of the novel?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)