|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Helen tell Bill she will be dead soon?
2. How does the empty mason jar make Douglas feel?
3. What does Douglas do with the fireflies at the end of this section?
(a) Puts them on a shelf
(b) Kills them
(c) Releases them
(d) Gives them to his great-grandfather
4. What tool did Lavinia Nebbs use to kill the Lonely One?
5. Which of the following activities doesn't grandfather send Douglas to do to take his mind off of the doom and gloom talk?
(a) Do push ups
(b) Read a book
(c) Climb trees
(d) Run around the house
6. Where do the boys go to get icicles?
(a) Helen's house
(b) Drug store
(c) Ice house
7. What doesn't Grandfather want to talk about?
(a) Dandelion wine
(b) Colonel Freeleigh
(c) Doom and gloom
8. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
(a) Special brew
(c) Fall down the stairs
(d) Election to the president
9. How will Bill know when Helen has died?
(a) He'll read about it in the paper
(b) He'll be visited by her ghost
(c) He'll get a blue envelope
(d) He'll hear the gossip
10. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
(a) Cans of food
(b) Pictures and other momentos
(c) Bottles of dandelion wine
(d) Bottles of water
11. What does Douglas wonder?
(a) Why people must grow older
(b) Why Helen had to die
(c) Why Bill and Helen weren't married
(d) What happened to happy endings
12. How does the nurse hope to prevent Colonel Freeleigh from making any more phone calls?
(a) Has long distance calls blocked
(b) Hides his wheelchair
(c) Gives him a sedative
(d) Unplugs the phone
13. Why does Helen make a big scene at the movie?
(a) She is still shaken and scared
(b) She thinks the Lonely One is behind them
(c) She believes Lavinia is in danger
(d) She has ice down her back
14. Which of the following describes the style of Grandmother's kitchen under normal circumstances?
15. How old is Lavinia Nebbs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes that the night should proceed as planned?
2. What does Douglas hide from Grandma to help her become a better cook?
3. Where do the sounds of Mexico City take Colonel Freeleigh back to?
4. Why does Helen invite Bill to her house the next day?
5. What do Tom, Grandfather and Douglas do which indicates the end of summer?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)