Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters below is seriously ill during this section of the novel?
(b) Colonel Freeleigh
2. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
3. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
(c) Auto mechanic
4. Who does Bill remind Helen of?
(a) Her second husband
(b) A man she loved long ago
(c) Her father
(d) Her son
5. What does Douglas use as a light as he writes down his reflections in his tablet?
6. Which of the following activities doesn't grandfather send Douglas to do to take his mind off of the doom and gloom talk?
(a) Read a book
(b) Run around the house
(c) Do push ups
(d) Climb trees
7. Which of the following words best describes Tom?
8. How long does Great-grandma tell Douglas she will be around?
(a) A hundred years
(b) A thousand years
(c) A few more days
(d) A few more years
9. Which of the following characters helps Douglas with the wax tarot witch?
(a) Mr. Black
10. Where do the sounds of Mexico City take Colonel Freeleigh back to?
(a) Young adulthood
(b) His marriage
(d) His retirement
11. What feelings does Douglas hope to reconcile?
(a) Those between life and death
(b) Those for his friend John
(c) Those for his family
(d) Those about the Lonely One
12. What does Mr. Black do with the wax figurine?
(a) Throws it down the ravine
(b) Breaks it into many pieces
(c) Sells it
(d) Moves it into his own home
13. In what month does Helen tell Bill she will be dead soon?
14. What does Douglas do with the fireflies at the end of this section?
(a) Puts them on a shelf
(b) Releases them
(c) Kills them
(d) Gives them to his great-grandfather
15. What is part of the attraction that Douglas has for the wax tarot reader?
(b) No negatives
(c) Constant well wishes
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Douglas write in his tablet?
2. Which of the following characters is an active, spry woman in her nineties?
3. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
4. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
5. Why does Helen invite Bill to her house the next day?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)