|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen invite Bill to her house the next day?
(a) Because she owes him money
(b) She wants him to bring Douglas
(c) To continue the conversation
(d) He has a picture of hers to return
2. How old is Lavinia Nebbs?
3. Which of the following descriptions best matches what the children thought the Lonely One looked like?
(a) Short, dark with light hair
(b) Chubby and red-faced
(c) Tall, pale with dark hair
(d) Tall, dark skin, and light hair
4. What tool did Lavinia Nebbs use to kill the Lonely One?
5. What does Bill order at the drug store ice cream counter which catches the attention of Helen?
(a) Old-fashioned vanilla
(b) Old-fashioned cherry soda
(c) Old-fashioned chocolate shake
(d) Old-fashioned lime-vanilla ice
6. Where do the sounds of Mexico City take Colonel Freeleigh back to?
(a) His marriage
(b) Young adulthood
(d) His retirement
7. What does the French word secours mean?
8. What does Bill confess to Helen?
(a) He always disliked her
(b) He wanted her to be his mother
(c) He wanted her to come over for dinner
(d) He once was in love with her
9. Which of the following terms best describes how Grandma is when it comes to her recipes?
10. What is part of the attraction that Douglas has for the wax tarot reader?
(c) No negatives
(d) Constant well wishes
11. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
12. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
(b) Special brew
(c) Fall down the stairs
(d) Election to the president
13. What city does Colonel Freeleigh call?
(b) Mexico City
(d) Washington, DC
14. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
(a) Helen Loomis
(b) Mrs. Bentley
(c) Bill Forrester
(d) Colonel Freeleigh
15. How hot does the thermometer say the house is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas dream of when he has the fever?
2. Where do Lavinia and Francine find the Lonely One's last victim?
3. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
4. Which of the following words best describes Tom?
5. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)