|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom represent according to Elmira as she takes him with her to the lodge?
2. How long has the wax tarot card witch been around?
(a) Since grandfather was a boy
(b) Since Tom was born
(c) Since great-grandma was born
(d) Since Douglas was born
3. How old is Helen Loomis?
4. Where does Charlie say the Lonely One grew up?
(a) Railroad tracks
(c) Drug store
(d) Ice house
5. Where does Lavinia go after the movie?
(a) She stays at the movie theater
(b) To Helen's house
(c) Alone through the town
(d) Alone through the ravine
6. Which of the following adjectives best describe Douglas' reflections on his summer experiences?
7. Which of the following characters helps Douglas with the wax tarot witch?
(b) Mr. Black
8. What does Bill order at the drug store ice cream counter which catches the attention of Helen?
(a) Old-fashioned lime-vanilla ice
(b) Old-fashioned vanilla
(c) Old-fashioned chocolate shake
(d) Old-fashioned cherry soda
9. Where do the sounds of Mexico City take Colonel Freeleigh back to?
(a) His retirement
(b) Young adulthood
(d) His marriage
10. What does Elmira prepare for the election day at the lodge?
(a) Special brew
(d) Cookies and cakes
11. How long does Great-grandma tell Douglas she will be around?
(a) A hundred years
(b) A few more days
(c) A few more years
(d) A thousand years
12. Which of the following characters is an active, spry woman in her nineties?
13. What will be inside the envelope Bill will receive from Helen?
(a) A letter
(d) Her will
14. Who watches Douglas write in his tablet?
15. Which of the following is one of Elmira's major faults?
(a) Practicing witchcraft
(b) Wicked and evil
(d) Gossipy tongue
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom use to help determine the weather?
2. What does Mr. Black do with the wax figurine?
3. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
4. How old was Helen in the photo Bill found of her in the paper?
5. What is part of the attraction that Douglas has for the wax tarot reader?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)