|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
(a) Bottles of dandelion wine
(b) Cans of food
(c) Bottles of water
(d) Pictures and other momentos
2. What does Colonel Freeleigh enjoy listening to?
(a) His wife's voice
(b) The Spanish language
(c) His friend's Jorge's stories
(d) Sounds of the city
3. What does Douglas hide from Grandma to help her become a better cook?
(a) New glasses
4. Who comes to visit Grandfather and Grandma?
(a) Great grandma
(b) Aunt Rose
(c) Mr. Jonas
5. Which of the following words best describes Tom?
6. What is on the first card the wax tarot witch delivers to Douglas?
7. What does Elmira prepare for the election day at the lodge?
(a) Cookies and cakes
(b) Special brew
8. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
(d) Auto mechanic
9. What does Mr. Black do to try and fix the wax tarot witch machine?
(a) Opens the back with a screwdriver
(b) Puts in a penny
(c) Thumps on it
(d) Unplugs it and plugs it back in
10. What feelings does Douglas hope to reconcile?
(a) Those about the Lonely One
(b) Those for his family
(c) Those between life and death
(d) Those for his friend John
11. Which of the following describes the style of Grandmother's kitchen under normal circumstances?
12. Where does Douglas keep his fireflies?
(d) Mason jar
13. What does Douglas decide must be the ending to his journal entry that some day he must do?
14. What does Douglas dream of when he has the fever?
(a) The ravine
(b) Green town
(c) Lonely One
(d) Great grandmother
15. What doesGgreat-grandma decide that she knows it is time for?
(a) To move into aretirement home
(b) To write her memoirs
(c) To move in with her grandchildren
(d) To die
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the nurse hope to prevent Colonel Freeleigh from making any more phone calls?
2. What do Tom, Grandfather and Douglas do which indicates the end of summer?
3. What does Tom use to help determine the weather?
4. What part of her body did Elmira Brown injure just before her husband returned home?
5. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)