|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clara pretend she is to annoy Elmira?
2. What does Tom use to help determine the weather?
3. What is on the first card the wax tarot witch delivers to Douglas?
4. What does Elmira prepare for the election day at the lodge?
(a) Special brew
(b) Cookies and cakes
5. Which of the following is one of Elmira's major faults?
(a) Wicked and evil
(c) Gossipy tongue
(d) Practicing witchcraft
6. Where does Douglas go to find wisdom?
7. How old is Lavinia Nebbs?
8. Why does Helen invite Bill to her house the next day?
(a) He has a picture of hers to return
(b) To continue the conversation
(c) Because she owes him money
(d) She wants him to bring Douglas
9. What chore has Great-grandma always done for the family?
(a) Sewing the clothes that are torn
(b) Charting the family history
(c) Cooking dinner
(d) Repairing the roof shingles
10. Who comes to talk to Douglas about how some people feel things more than others?
(a) Great grandfather
(d) Mr. Jonas
11. Where does Douglas keep his fireflies?
(c) Mason jar
12. Which of the following adjectives best describes Douglas' mood when Lavina and Francine passed him?
13. Which of the following characters dies in this section of the novel?
(a) Bill Forester
(c) Colonel Freeleigh
14. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
(c) Auto mechanic
15. Where do Lavinia and Francine find the Lonely One's last victim?
(a) Ice house
(b) Movie house
(d) Drug store
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the empty mason jar make Douglas feel?
2. Which of the following describes the style of Grandmother's kitchen under normal circumstances?
3. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
4. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
5. How does Mr. Jonas do business?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)