|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Great-grandma tell Douglas she will be around?
(a) A few more years
(b) A thousand years
(c) A few more days
(d) A hundred years
2. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
3. What does Douglas decide must be the ending to his journal entry that some day he must do?
4. What does Colonel Freeleigh enjoy listening to?
(a) The Spanish language
(b) Sounds of the city
(c) His friend's Jorge's stories
(d) His wife's voice
5. What does Bill confess to Helen?
(a) He wanted her to be his mother
(b) He always disliked her
(c) He once was in love with her
(d) He wanted her to come over for dinner
6. What will be inside the envelope Bill will receive from Helen?
(a) Her will
(c) A letter
7. How does the special brew make Elmira feel?
(a) Surprised and hot
(b) Protected and invinsible
(c) Destroyed and angry
(d) Dizzy and nauseous
8. Where do the boys go to get icicles?
(a) Helen's house
(c) Drug store
(d) Ice house
9. Who comes to talk to Douglas about how some people feel things more than others?
(a) Great grandfather
(b) Mr. Jonas
10. What does Douglas hide from Grandma to help her become a better cook?
(a) New glasses
11. What does Great-grandma hold up to use with Douglas to explain?
(b) Picture frame
12. How old was Helen in the photo Bill found of her in the paper?
13. How many years was Colonel Freeleigh wheelchair ridden?
14. How does the nurse hope to prevent Colonel Freeleigh from making any more phone calls?
(a) Gives him a sedative
(b) Unplugs the phone
(c) Has long distance calls blocked
(d) Hides his wheelchair
15. What does Bill order at the drug store ice cream counter which catches the attention of Helen?
(a) Old-fashioned chocolate shake
(b) Old-fashioned lime-vanilla ice
(c) Old-fashioned vanilla
(d) Old-fashioned cherry soda
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
2. What is on the first card the wax tarot witch delivers to Douglas?
3. Who watches Douglas write in his tablet?
4. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
5. How does Mr. Jonas do business?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)