|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas do with the fireflies at the end of this section?
(a) Puts them on a shelf
(b) Gives them to his great-grandfather
(c) Kills them
(d) Releases them
2. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
3. How often do Helen and Bill begin meeting?
(a) Once a month
(b) Once a week
(c) Every afternoon
(d) Twice a week
4. What job does Elmira Brown's husband hold?
(c) Auto mechanic
5. Why does Helen invite Bill to her house the next day?
(a) Because she owes him money
(b) He has a picture of hers to return
(c) She wants him to bring Douglas
(d) To continue the conversation
6. What does Douglas wonder?
(a) What happened to happy endings
(b) Why people must grow older
(c) Why Bill and Helen weren't married
(d) Why Helen had to die
7. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
8. Which of the following adjectives best describes Douglas' mood when Lavina and Francine passed him?
9. What city does Colonel Freeleigh call?
(b) Mexico City
(d) Washington, DC
10. In what month does Helen tell Bill she will be dead soon?
11. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
(c) Through discussions
(d) Across memories
12. Who comes to talk to Douglas about how some people feel things more than others?
(b) Mr. Jonas
(c) Great grandfather
13. What doesGgreat-grandma decide that she knows it is time for?
(a) To die
(b) To write her memoirs
(c) To move in with her grandchildren
(d) To move into aretirement home
14. What does Helen invite Bill to her house to do?
(a) Fix her sink
(b) Mow her grass
(c) Drink tea
(d) Fix the fence
15. Where does Lavinia go after the movie?
(a) To Helen's house
(b) Alone through the town
(c) She stays at the movie theater
(d) Alone through the ravine
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Jonas do business?
2. Which of the following is one of Elmira's major faults?
3. Which of the following activities doesn't grandfather send Douglas to do to take his mind off of the doom and gloom talk?
4. What does Aunt Rose buy for Grandma?
5. What does Mr. Black do with the wax figurine?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)