|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to talk to Douglas about how some people feel things more than others?
(a) Great grandfather
(d) Mr. Jonas
2. How old was Helen in the photo Bill found of her in the paper?
3. Which of the following characters is an active, spry woman in her nineties?
4. Which of the following characters believes that the night should proceed as planned?
5. How old is Lavinia Nebbs?
6. How will Bill know when Helen has died?
(a) He'll read about it in the paper
(b) He'll hear the gossip
(c) He'll be visited by her ghost
(d) He'll get a blue envelope
7. What city does Colonel Freeleigh call?
(c) Washington, DC
(d) Mexico City
8. What types of books does Sam Brown say that Clara Goodwater ordered?
(a) Ones on traveling
(b) Ones of a sexual nature
(c) Ones on WWI
(d) Ones on witchcraft
9. What is on the first card the wax tarot witch delivers to Douglas?
10. What will be inside the envelope Bill will receive from Helen?
(a) Her will
(c) A letter
11. How many years was Colonel Freeleigh wheelchair ridden?
12. Which of the following is one of Elmira's major faults?
(a) Wicked and evil
(c) Gossipy tongue
(d) Practicing witchcraft
13. Why does Helen invite Bill to her house the next day?
(a) He has a picture of hers to return
(b) She wants him to bring Douglas
(c) Because she owes him money
(d) To continue the conversation
14. How old is Helen Loomis?
15. Which of the following adjectives best describe Douglas' reflections on his summer experiences?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Black do with the wax figurine?
2. What position does Clara Goodwater hold?
3. What does Mr. Black do to try and fix the wax tarot witch machine?
4. Where does Douglas go to find wisdom?
5. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)