|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Douglas go to find wisdom?
2. How does the nurse hope to prevent Colonel Freeleigh from making any more phone calls?
(a) Has long distance calls blocked
(b) Unplugs the phone
(c) Gives him a sedative
(d) Hides his wheelchair
3. Who watches Douglas write in his tablet?
4. What does Douglas help his grandfather store?
(a) Bottles of dandelion wine
(b) Cans of food
(c) Pictures and other momentos
(d) Bottles of water
5. Why does Helen invite Bill to her house the next day?
(a) She wants him to bring Douglas
(b) He has a picture of hers to return
(c) Because she owes him money
(d) To continue the conversation
6. What does Douglas wonder?
(a) Why Bill and Helen weren't married
(b) Why Helen had to die
(c) What happened to happy endings
(d) Why people must grow older
7. Which of the following activities doesn't grandfather send Douglas to do to take his mind off of the doom and gloom talk?
(a) Run around the house
(b) Read a book
(c) Do push ups
(d) Climb trees
8. What does Bill confess to Helen?
(a) He wanted her to be his mother
(b) He wanted her to come over for dinner
(c) He once was in love with her
(d) He always disliked her
9. How often do Helen and Bill begin meeting?
(a) Every afternoon
(b) Once a week
(c) Once a month
(d) Twice a week
10. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
11. What does Bill order at the drug store ice cream counter which catches the attention of Helen?
(a) Old-fashioned cherry soda
(b) Old-fashioned vanilla
(c) Old-fashioned chocolate shake
(d) Old-fashioned lime-vanilla ice
12. Which of the characters below is seriously ill during this section of the novel?
(c) Colonel Freeleigh
13. What does Helen invite Bill to her house to do?
(a) Mow her grass
(b) Drink tea
(c) Fix her sink
(d) Fix the fence
14. What does Clara pretend she is to annoy Elmira?
15. What does Douglas dream of when he has the fever?
(a) Green town
(b) Great grandmother
(c) Lonely One
(d) The ravine
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the first card the wax tarot witch delivers to Douglas?
2. What chore has Great-grandma always done for the family?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describe Douglas' reflections on his summer experiences?
4. What will be inside the envelope Bill will receive from Helen?
5. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)