|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will Bill know when Helen has died?
(a) He'll be visited by her ghost
(b) He'll read about it in the paper
(c) He'll get a blue envelope
(d) He'll hear the gossip
2. What does Elmira prepare for the election day at the lodge?
(a) Special brew
(d) Cookies and cakes
3. How does Mr. Jonas do business?
(a) He does not he keeps everything for himself
4. How does Douglas wonder if memories can travel?
(b) Through discussions
(d) Across memories
5. Who watches Douglas write in his tablet?
6. How hot does the thermometer say the house is?
7. What types of books does Sam Brown say that Clara Goodwater ordered?
(a) Ones on traveling
(b) Ones on witchcraft
(c) Ones on WWI
(d) Ones of a sexual nature
8. What is on the first card the wax tarot witch delivers to Douglas?
9. Who comes to talk to Douglas about how some people feel things more than others?
(c) Mr. Jonas
(d) Great grandfather
10. What will be inside the envelope Bill will receive from Helen?
(a) Her will
(d) A letter
11. Who comes to visit Grandfather and Grandma?
(a) Aunt Rose
(c) Great grandma
(d) Mr. Jonas
12. Where do the boys go to get icicles?
(a) Drug store
(b) Helen's house
(d) Ice house
13. Where does Douglas go while Tom returns to the arcade?
(d) Drug store
14. How does the nurse hope to prevent Colonel Freeleigh from making any more phone calls?
(a) Has long distance calls blocked
(b) Gives him a sedative
(c) Hides his wheelchair
(d) Unplugs the phone
15. Which of the following is one of Elmira's major faults?
(a) Practicing witchcraft
(b) Gossipy tongue
(c) Wicked and evil
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bill remind Helen of?
2. What part of her body did Elmira Brown injure just before her husband returned home?
3. What job does Mr. Jonas hold?
4. Which of the following describes the style of Grandmother's kitchen under normal circumstances?
5. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)