|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dandelion wine used for during the winter?
(b) To trade for other supplies
(c) Christmas presents
(d) Cure for the winter blues
2. What surprise does John have for Douglas?
(a) He is getting married
(b) He is moving
(c) His father is dying
(d) He no longer wants to be Douglas's friend
3. In what year does this novel begin?
4. How does Tom feel as he and his mother approach the ravine?
5. What is it about Helen Bentley that the children do not believe?
(a) That she was once young
(b) That she dislikes summer
(c) That she can be mean
(d) That she is rich
6. What habit of Tom's gives Douglas an idea?
(a) Collecting rainwater
(b) Gathering dandelions
(c) Keeping statistics
(d) Running through the meadow
7. What is Tom relieved by when they return home?
(a) The sound of his father returning
(b) Douglas' sweat
(c) The ice cream he purchased
(d) Mother's cooking
8. What does Douglas like to think of John as?
9. Where do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta hide?
10. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
11. Why can't any of the children or towsnpeople remember a young Mrs. Bentley?
(a) She was never young
(b) She is older than everyone else
(c) It was too long ago
(d) She is new to town
12. How is Frank related to Miss Fern and Miss Roberta?
13. Where does Douglas go while Grandfather takes Tom home?
(a) Leo's house
(b) Movie house
(c) Friends house
14. What did Mr. Bentley compare items from the past as?
(d) Magic tricks
15. Where does Douglas record his time traveling encounter?
(a) No where
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the conductor of the trolley?
2. What does Leo deduce that he himself has been?
3. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
4. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence? The distilled brew will serve the family well.
5. What does mother call the specter of death?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)