|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Leo Auffmann is known for?
(b) Cigar shop owner
(c) Movie projectionist
2. What does Grandfather need to press with the dandelions Douglas and his brother collect?
(a) Fresh rainwater
(b) Mint leaves
(c) Wild strawberries
(d) Fox grapes
3. What does Helen do with most of her possessions after deciding to live only in the present?
(a) Burns them
(b) Sells them at a sale
(c) Puts them on the porch
(d) Throws them in the trash
4. What habit of Tom's gives Douglas an idea?
(a) Running through the meadow
(b) Collecting rainwater
(c) Gathering dandelions
(d) Keeping statistics
5. What does Douglas like to think of John as?
6. How are the children taken back in time?
(a) Through stories
(b) Through hypnosis
(c) Through pictures
(d) Through joined belief
7. Which of the following characters is the conductor of the trolley?
8. What does the time machine turn out to be?
(a) An elderly person
(b) A movie theater
(c) A library
(d) A cardboard box
9. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
(a) Eating wild strawberries
(b) Picking fox grapes
(c) Going on a picnic in the forest
(d) Collecting dandelions
10. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
(b) Ice cream cone
11. In what year does this novel begin?
12. How does Lena feel about the idea of the Happiness Machine?
13. What did Mr. Bentley compare items from the past as?
(c) Magic tricks
14. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
(a) Lodge meeting
(b) In bed
(c) Sitting on the porch
(d) Looking for Douglas
15. What does Bill Forrester plan on doing that bothers Grandfather greatly?
(a) Replace his grass with some that does not need to be mowed
(b) Move out of the town
(c) Plant trees blocking Grandfather's view of the property
(d) Hire Douglas to cut his grass
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Lena not see when she was in the Happiness Machine?
2. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
3. How does Tom feel as he and his mother approach the ravine?
4. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
5. How does Douglas feel about the trolley being retired?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)