|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
(b) Angry purposes
(d) Destructive purposes
2. What does Leo have a difficult time resolving the dynamics between?
(a) Man and Woman
(b) Nature and Man
(c) Night and day
(d) Man and machine
3. What surprise does John have for Douglas?
(a) His father is dying
(b) He is getting married
(c) He no longer wants to be Douglas's friend
(d) He is moving
4. What is it about Helen Bentley that the children do not believe?
(a) That she was once young
(b) That she dislikes summer
(c) That she can be mean
(d) That she is rich
5. How does Douglas feel about the trolley being retired?
6. Which of the following characters is the conductor of the trolley?
7. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
(a) 25 cents per bag
(b) 10 cents per bag
(c) 5 cents per bag
(d) 1 cent per dandelion
8. What do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta hide?
(a) Love Machine
(b) Time Machine
(c) Happiness Machine
(d) Green Machine
9. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
(c) Ice cream cone
10. Where does Tridden tell the boys the trolley used to ride for summer picnics?
11. What does Douglas test John on in the hopes that John will remember Douglas for a long time?
(a) Type of sneaker
(b) Favorite food
(c) Best memory they shared
(d) Eye color
12. What does Tom do as Douglas is contemplating his thoughts about the Thing?
(a) Steals his bucket full of fruit
(b) Jumps on him for a fight
(c) Runs away and calls for Douglas to chase him
(d) Knocks over his bucket full of fruit
13. Which of the following is not something Leo Auffmann is known for?
(c) Movie projectionist
(d) Cigar shop owner
14. What makes Lena furious about the time Leo spent working on the Happiness Machine?
(a) The emotional turmoil it caused the family
(b) That he missed his child's special events
(c) That he wasted so many days
(d) That he ignored her complaints
15. How old was Helen in the picture that she shows to the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charlie and John take Douglas to see?
2. Which of the following characters did the Green Machine run over?
3. What does Douglas suggest they should build?
4. What does Mrs. Bentley feel was stolen away by the children not believing that she was once young and pretty?
5. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)