|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
(b) Ice cream cone
2. Which of the following doesn't Helen show to the children?
(a) Childhood picture
(d) Wedding picture
3. What does Douglas suggest they should build?
(a) New wine press
(b) Happiness machine
(c) Cigar cutter
(d) Grape and wine picking machine
4. What does Lena make sure is happening before she sends for the fire department?
(a) Saul and Leo are far from the machine
(b) A hose is nearby
(c) Leo is safe
(d) The machine is burning well
5. How are the children taken back in time?
(a) Through joined belief
(b) Through hypnosis
(c) Through stories
(d) Through pictures
6. What does Tom say would not belong in a Happiness Machine?
(a) Ravine at night
(d) The lonely one
7. Where does Douglas go with his brother Tom and his Father?
(d) Junk yard
8. What divides Green Town into two?
(b) Railroad tracks
9. Which of the following words would Douglas use to describe Green Town?
10. How is Frank related to Miss Fern and Miss Roberta?
11. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
(a) He cannot keep up with them
(b) No one tlaks to him
(c) He likes their shoes more than his own
(d) They make fun of his shoes
12. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
(a) Collecting dandelions
(b) Going on a picnic in the forest
(c) Picking fox grapes
(d) Eating wild strawberries
13. What season is it as the novel opens?
14. Which of the following did Lena not see when she was in the Happiness Machine?
(a) Life without Leo
(b) Smell of perfume
(c) Images of Europe
(d) Sounds of music
15. How old was Helen in the picture that she shows to the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Douglas feel once John leaves?
2. Where does Douglas record his time traveling encounter?
3. What is going to replace the trolley?
4. How old is Mrs. Bentley?
5. Where does Douglas go while Grandfather takes Tom home?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)