|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
(b) Demons of human existence
2. Where do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta hide?
3. What do Charlie and John take Douglas to see?
(a) Life machine
(b) Happiness machine
(c) Time machine
(d) Ice cream machine
4. Which word best describes how Miss Fern and Miss Roberta feel?
5. Where does Douglas go while Grandfather takes Tom home?
(a) Movie house
(b) Friends house
(c) Leo's house
6. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
7. How does Douglas feel about the trolley being retired?
8. What habit of Tom's gives Douglas an idea?
(a) Gathering dandelions
(b) Running through the meadow
(c) Keeping statistics
(d) Collecting rainwater
9. What is it about Helen Bentley that the children do not believe?
(a) That she can be mean
(b) That she dislikes summer
(c) That she was once young
(d) That she is rich
10. Who does Douglas go hiking with?
11. Which of the following are the major themes of this section?
(a) Relief and happiness
(b) Life and death
(c) Death and fear
(d) Perseverence and friendship
12. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
(d) Ice cream cone
13. What do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta hide?
(a) Love Machine
(b) Green Machine
(c) Happiness Machine
(d) Time Machine
14. What divides Green Town into two?
(a) Railroad tracks
15. What summer first does Grandfather look forward to and relish?
(a) Big family breakfasts
(b) Making dandelion wine
(c) Waking to the sound of a lawn mower
(d) The smell of flowers and the sounds of birds
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms is an antonym for the term jubilant?
2. How old was Helen in the picture that she shows to the children?
3. Which of the following is not something Leo Auffmann is known for?
4. What does Helen Bentley purchase for a group of children?
5. What does Tom do as Douglas is contemplating his thoughts about the Thing?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)