|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Remounting the porch swing
(b) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
(c) Building a happiness machine
(d) Going for a nightly stroll
2. Who does Douglas go hiking with?
3. Which of the following characters believes that a sandwich outdoors tastes different from indoors?
4. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
(a) Destructive purposes
(b) Angry purposes
5. Where does Douglas go with his brother Tom and his Father?
(d) Junk yard
6. What do Charlie and John take Douglas to see?
(a) Time machine
(b) Happiness machine
(c) Ice cream machine
(d) Life machine
7. What do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta hide?
(a) Green Machine
(b) Love Machine
(c) Time Machine
(d) Happiness Machine
8. What does Tom do as Douglas is contemplating his thoughts about the Thing?
(a) Jumps on him for a fight
(b) Knocks over his bucket full of fruit
(c) Steals his bucket full of fruit
(d) Runs away and calls for Douglas to chase him
9. Which of the following words would Douglas use to describe Green Town?
10. What are jackstones?
11. How much more money does Douglas need to buy the new sneakers himself?
(a) Fifty cents
(b) One dollar and ten cents
(c) Twenty-five cents
(d) One dollar
12. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
(a) No one tlaks to him
(b) He likes their shoes more than his own
(c) They make fun of his shoes
(d) He cannot keep up with them
13. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence?
The distilled brew will serve the family well.
14. What makes Lena furious about the time Leo spent working on the Happiness Machine?
(a) The emotional turmoil it caused the family
(b) That he ignored her complaints
(c) That he wasted so many days
(d) That he missed his child's special events
15. Where does Douglas go while Grandfather takes Tom home?
(a) Friends house
(b) Movie house
(c) Leo's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother send Tom to purchase?
2. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
3. What did Mr. Bentley compare items from the past as?
4. What does Bill Forrester plan on doing that bothers Grandfather greatly?
5. What habit of Tom's gives Douglas an idea?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)