|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom relieved by when they return home?
(a) The ice cream he purchased
(b) Douglas' sweat
(c) Mother's cooking
(d) The sound of his father returning
2. Where does Douglas record his time traveling encounter?
(b) No where
3. Which of the following words would Douglas use to describe Green Town?
4. Which category of his summer did Douglas decide remounting the porch swing with his grandfather fell into?
(d) New Discoveries
5. How are the children taken back in time?
(a) Through stories
(b) Through hypnosis
(c) Through pictures
(d) Through joined belief
6. What does Helen Bentley purchase for a group of children?
(d) Ice cream
7. What does Mother send Tom to purchase?
(b) Ice cream
(c) Iced tea
8. What does Leo have a difficult time resolving the dynamics between?
(a) Man and Woman
(b) Nature and Man
(c) Night and day
(d) Man and machine
9. What does Douglas test John on in the hopes that John will remember Douglas for a long time?
(a) Eye color
(b) Best memory they shared
(c) Type of sneaker
(d) Favorite food
10. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
11. Where do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta hide?
12. What does Lena make sure is happening before she sends for the fire department?
(a) Leo is safe
(b) A hose is nearby
(c) Saul and Leo are far from the machine
(d) The machine is burning well
13. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
(a) Eating wild strawberries
(b) Collecting dandelions
(c) Picking fox grapes
(d) Going on a picnic in the forest
14. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
(a) Cleans the store
(b) Advertises with his friends about the shoes
(c) Collects dandelions
(d) Runs errands
15. What does Douglas suggest they should build?
(a) Grape and wine picking machine
(b) New wine press
(c) Happiness machine
(d) Cigar cutter
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mrs. Bentley?
2. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
3. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
4. Which of the following doesn't Helen show to the children?
5. Where does Douglas go while Grandfather takes Tom home?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)