|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much more money does Douglas need to buy the new sneakers himself?
(a) One dollar and ten cents
(b) Fifty cents
(c) Twenty-five cents
(d) One dollar
2. What does Lena make sure is happening before she sends for the fire department?
(a) The machine is burning well
(b) Leo is safe
(c) A hose is nearby
(d) Saul and Leo are far from the machine
3. What does Bill Forrester plan on doing that bothers Grandfather greatly?
(a) Hire Douglas to cut his grass
(b) Replace his grass with some that does not need to be mowed
(c) Plant trees blocking Grandfather's view of the property
(d) Move out of the town
4. What divides Green Town into two?
(d) Railroad tracks
5. Which of the following characters did the Green Machine run over?
6. What season is it as the novel opens?
7. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
(a) Sitting on the porch
(b) In bed
(c) Looking for Douglas
(d) Lodge meeting
8. What does Douglas suggest he and Tom own together?
(a) Ice cream shop
(b) Gold mine
(c) Green Machine
(d) Happiness Machine
9. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
10. What habit of Tom's gives Douglas an idea?
(a) Running through the meadow
(b) Keeping statistics
(c) Collecting rainwater
(d) Gathering dandelions
11. What does Helen Bentley purchase for a group of children?
(c) Ice cream
12. Which category of his summer did Douglas decide remounting the porch swing with his grandfather fell into?
(b) New Discoveries
13. How does the children's disbelief make Helen feel?
14. How old was Helen in the picture that she shows to the children?
15. In what state does this novel take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta do to the Green Machine?
2. How does Lena feel about the idea of the Happiness Machine?
3. How does Douglas feel about the trolley being retired?
4. Where do the men and boys gather on many of the summer nights?
5. Which word best describes how Miss Fern and Miss Roberta feel?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)