|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mrs. Bentley?
2. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Going for a nightly stroll
(b) Building a happiness machine
(c) Remounting the porch swing
(d) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
3. How are the children taken back in time?
(a) Through stories
(b) Through hypnosis
(c) Through joined belief
(d) Through pictures
4. What does Helen do with most of her possessions after deciding to live only in the present?
(a) Sells them at a sale
(b) Burns them
(c) Throws them in the trash
(d) Puts them on the porch
5. Which category of his summer did Douglas decide remounting the porch swing with his grandfather fell into?
(a) New Discoveries
6. What does Douglas' father speak about the wonders of?
7. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
8. Where do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta hide?
9. How old was Helen in the picture that she shows to the children?
10. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
(a) Going on a picnic in the forest
(b) Eating wild strawberries
(c) Picking fox grapes
(d) Collecting dandelions
11. What makes Lena furious about the time Leo spent working on the Happiness Machine?
(a) That he wasted so many days
(b) The emotional turmoil it caused the family
(c) That he ignored her complaints
(d) That he missed his child's special events
12. What does Douglas suggest he and Tom own together?
(a) Ice cream shop
(b) Green Machine
(c) Gold mine
(d) Happiness Machine
13. What is the dandelion wine used for during the winter?
(a) To trade for other supplies
(c) Cure for the winter blues
(d) Christmas presents
14. In what year does this novel begin?
15. Where does Douglas go while Grandfather takes Tom home?
(a) Leo's house
(c) Friends house
(d) Movie house
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters did the Green Machine run over?
2. What does Douglas find contentment in on Grandfather's porch?
3. How does Douglas feel about the trolley being retired?
4. What do Leo and Lena argue about?
5. What summer ritual do Douglas and Tom take part in?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)