|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas test John on in the hopes that John will remember Douglas for a long time?
(a) Favorite food
(b) Eye color
(c) Type of sneaker
(d) Best memory they shared
2. What summer ritual do Douglas and Tom take part in?
(a) Beating the rugs clean
(b) Mowing the lawn
(c) Going to the movies
(d) Eating ice cream
3. How are the children taken back in time?
(a) Through stories
(b) Through hypnosis
(c) Through pictures
(d) Through joined belief
4. Where does the trolley conductor take the boys on the last day the trolley is to run?
(a) Trolley station
(b) Regular stop
5. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
(a) He cannot keep up with them
(b) They make fun of his shoes
(c) He likes their shoes more than his own
(d) No one tlaks to him
6. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
(d) Ice cream cone
7. What emotion does Douglas feel once John leaves?
8. Where does Douglas go with his brother Tom and his Father?
(d) Junk yard
9. What does Douglas find contentment in on Grandfather's porch?
(a) Catching lightning bugs
(b) Adults' presence and chatter
(c) Brother's love
(d) Sounds of the crickets
10. Who does Douglas go hiking with?
11. What surprise does John have for Douglas?
(a) He is getting married
(b) He is moving
(c) He no longer wants to be Douglas's friend
(d) His father is dying
12. How is Frank related to Miss Fern and Miss Roberta?
13. In what year does this novel begin?
14. What season is it as the novel opens?
15. What are jackstones?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
2. How much more money does Douglas need to buy the new sneakers himself?
3. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
4. Which of the following are the major themes of this section?
5. What does Mrs. Bentley feel was stolen away by the children not believing that she was once young and pretty?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)