|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 223 - 239.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas find contentment in on Grandfather's porch?
(a) Catching lightning bugs
(b) Adults' presence and chatter
(c) Sounds of the crickets
(d) Brother's love
2. Which of the following are the major themes of this section?
(a) Death and fear
(b) Life and death
(c) Perseverence and friendship
(d) Relief and happiness
3. Where do many of the women work and chat on the summer nights?
4. Which of the following characters helps Douglas with the wax tarot witch?
(b) Mr. Black
5. What does the French word secours mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Bentley compare items from the past as?
2. Which of the following characters does Great-grandma summon first?
3. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
4. How does the children's disbelief make Helen feel?
5. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)